Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    It's Monday - that means we back with Adam. We've got a bit of a different story here. Lots of little bits pieced together. Enjoy!

Apocalypse Rebirth 5: Settling In

Love this story! All the people who live there are really awesome! It seems like they've figured out a way to keep living, with the constraints of the hardships.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Great chapter! Adam deserves a love interest! Want to know more and why he's falling asleep standing up!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @CathyTea they've had to keep living or else disappear into history. Since they're basically townie sims, I couldn't really figure out how to make them that miserable. They always show up looking perfectly happy and clean despite none of their houses having showers or more than a grill. Sneaky game is sneaky. I guess sims are very adaptable.

@pammiechick ah! Adam's ills are self inflicted. He was my wonder child and so grew up on zzzjuice and hates how sleeping makes him feel. He wrote on in more back in the original challenge and I only touched on it here. Since he can't have potions....seriously I almost had him go into mixology for that reason alone, he tries to keep busy rather than sleep. I'll be sure to touch on it again going forward though. The way I play it in the game is he can nap when he gets too tired, but that's all, unless he's with Mae, then he can sleep. Cuz, you know, the apocalypse isn't challenging enough I had to throw sleep deprivation in there? On the plus side he had the never weary trait, so it's not as bad as it could be.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Quick post, more tiny immigrant! Aarde has taken up photography.

Chapter 4: Photographer's Eye
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Okay - this week was going to be a double hitter on one of my stories (Either Tiny Immigrant or Huffman)....

I went with Huffman since it's such an important week for them.

Huffman Legacy 1.8: Are You Okay?
    “But, we weren’t trying,” Arturo said after she’d told him.
    “We weren’t exactly careful.” He had to admit that was true.
    01-10-16_2-19-56c2a0am.png
  • Options
    And here's the conclusion to this week's Huffman update!

This isn't Pre-Parental Panic
    01-10-16_3-15-43c2a0am.png
  • Options
    I wanted to mention how much I loved those two screenshots of them by the pond! <3 Sometimes I wonder if spots remember us, so when we come back to sit in the same spots, if they say, "Hey, you! Hi!"

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Adam has plans! But so does Mae.

Rebirth 6: Plans
    02-07-16_6-54-05c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    A little out of order this week - today is Huffman Day! Enjoy.

Huffman 10: What More?
    It’s done, Arturo thought. The light was fading, but the last truck had just roared off leaving them alone for the first time in days.
    baby.png
  • Options
    Ah - So forgetful. Yesterday we had an update from our tiny immigrant.
    Teenagers

Today's the big one though - Sugar and Spice Chapter 2: The Ana Stasia
    02-07-16_9-38-27c2a0pm.png?w=365&h=365&crop=1
  • Options
    This week it's all about the Huffmans! Come back daily for updates!

Huffman Legacy 1.11: Friends Will Be Friends
    “Nice place you have here,” Katie said, looking around.
    “It’s small, but it’s a good foundation.”
    “That’s for sure, it’s the foundation of something huge, like a dynasty!”

dynasty-katie.png
  • Options
    Today's the big day! Time to meet Samuel.

Huffman 1.12: He's all Grown Up
    Samuel E Huffman, he thought. Although mom calls me Sammy. He wondered briefly if he wanted to be called Sammy as opened the front door.
    01-20-16_6-34-38c2a0am.png
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Today's the big day! Time to meet Samuel.

Huffman 1.12: He's all Grown Up
    Samuel E Huffman, he thought. Although mom calls me Sammy. He wondered briefly if he wanted to be called Sammy as opened the front door.
    01-20-16_6-34-38c2a0am.png

And it's a good thing it's not a Prettacy! It would be over already with that pretty child! :)

• Options
    Awesome chapters, Rae! I love your photos, especially!

• Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    I love Samuel! Such a sweetheart. :)
  • Options
    I love Samuel! Such a sweetheart. :)

I know, right? Sam is a blast to write!

@CathyTea thanks! I feel like the he photography is one of the places I've improved the most over the past year and a half.

As for Sam's appearance, only time will tell. I've seen Arturo as a kid and there is a limit to the kid genetics, you can see his chin is going to be like his father, but I think teenager com will be the big reveal of how my genetics are passing on.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Today's the big day!

Huffman Legacy 1.13 A Perfect Day
    There are simply no words to describe the day.
    01-21-16_5-50-56c2a0am.png

• Options
    Congrats! Beautiful wedding! Whose tombstone is that?

• Options
    The tombstone is from the from @ThePlumbob 's first generation Bloomer legacy so I don't think there's a ghost attached in my game. But the park was too perfect a venue to pass up, and I don't mind s little morbidity, it good for the kids!
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Such a cool update it was a gorgeous wedding indeed!!
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Such a cool update it was a gorgeous wedding indeed!!

Thanks - It was fun to finally have their wedding. Weddings are so expensive to the early game - I remember in my last legacy my founding couple didn't marry until they were both elders!
  • Options
    Last Huffman Update this week!

To be honest, this post is really just Sam-spam! I can't help it - he's so adorable.
    Huffman Legacy 1.14 Samuel's Minions
    01-20-16_8-00-03c2a0am.png
  • Options
    do you usually update every other day then? Just curious because I totally am digging on this family :)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    do you usually update every other day then? Just curious because I totally am digging on this family :)

My current update schedule is as follows:
    • Monday: Rebirth: An Apocalypse Challenge
    • Tuesday: any sims story
    • Wednesday: any Sims story
    • Thursday: Huffman Legacy
    • Friday: Not Sims Post (currently city builder reviews)

If you look at the first page of this thread you can see the (insane) number of stories I'm writing.
    Currently those 'active' stories are: Tiny Immigrant Challenge, Sims3 ISBI, Sugar and Spice, and my short stories. You don't want to know how many "other" stories that I'm planning or wanting to write...

So usually on Tuesday and Wednesday I update one of those stories or toss in an extra Huffman since they're the easiest to write (and the one I'm most excited writing right now.)

• Options
    Cool I am glad I have this thread bookmarked I would like to read some of your short stories soon :) - thanks much!!