Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

Comments

• Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ooh - Almost forgot today's update!

It's the Sims 3, Biblioteque ISBI. We're just starting to get into the swing of things in Gen 2, now that Clio has stopped having kids....I hope.
    Melville 2.3
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    And it's that time again. Short story challenge entry day! This month's theme is love story with a twist...or three....mwhahahaha

For the Love of Sims
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    That was such a fun short story, Rae!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    That was such a fun short story, Rae!

DITTO
  • Options
    Ooh @CathyTea @VIRTUALEE I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was such fun to put together and I literally had to drag myself away from playing TS2 and continue the story on the other games. I think I'll import these two into my TS2 neighborhood rotation when I start that up ... one of these days.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Ooh @CathyTea @VIRTUALEE I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was such fun to put together and I literally had to drag myself away from playing TS2 and continue the story on the other games. I think I'll import these two into my TS2 neighborhood rotation when I start that up ... one of these days.

I'm excited for your TS2--did you see my mention that Candi (the GREAT) has started back her TS2 Uglacy fam with a new Uglacy? :)

It's really neat to see a renaissance of TS2--it's so unique. Candi's intro is super interesting, because she discusses why she loves TS2 so, so much!

I've still got it installed, I think... I'm not sure if I'll return to it. There are things I love about TS2 Sims--especially their conversations, and I LOVE university--and there are some elements of game-play that I wasn't that crazy about....

I'm still digging TS4 (mostly because I'm in love with my Sims--their AI and EI are just so amazing!)...

Anyway, I'm excited for your venture back to TS2...

(Oh! This gives me an idea for the explorer story you and were talking about... Ooooh! :open_mouth: )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

I'm excited for your TS2--did you see my mention that Candi (the GREAT) has started back her TS2 Uglacy fam with a new Uglacy? :)

It's really neat to see a renaissance of TS2--it's so unique. Candi's intro is super interesting, because she discusses why she loves TS2 so, so much!

I've still got it installed, I think... I'm not sure if I'll return to it. There are things I love about TS2 Sims--especially their conversations, and I LOVE university--and there are some elements of game-play that I wasn't that crazy about....

I'm still digging TS4 (mostly because I'm in love with my Sims--their AI and EI are just so amazing!)...

(Oh! This gives me an idea for the explorer story you and were talking about... Ooooh! :open_mouth: )

Oooh - I wonder if your idea matches my idea....? Hahaha

I did see Candi's post but haven't had a chance to read it, but I adore Don! And must look that up.

As for TS2 I've played it a bit recently and it was so hard to stop Alan and Kam - they were adorable. It won't ever be my main game again - there's just too much I love about 4, but dropping in on the houses that I used to play seems doable. Starting from scratch I don't think I'd do, but since I have my old save, I can introduce you to the Curious Smiths! And you can meet the original Penelope!! (Everyone in the town appears to be related to one of those families...or both!). Still working out the logistics on when to start posting that...and the amazon challenge.

Gah - why must I play only 8 hours a day. I need another 8 hours to write.
  • Options

Oooh - I wonder if your idea matches my idea....? Hahaha

I did see Candi's post but haven't had a chance to read it, but I adore Don! And must look that up.

As for TS2 I've played it a bit recently and it was so hard to stop Alan and Kam - they were adorable. It won't ever be my main game again - there's just too much I love about 4, but dropping in on the houses that I used to play seems doable. Starting from scratch I don't think I'd do, but since I have my old save, I can introduce you to the Curious Smiths! And you can meet the original Penelope!! (Everyone in the town appears to be related to one of those families...or both!). Still working out the logistics on when to start posting that...and the amazon challenge.

Gah - why must I play only 8 hours a day. I need another 8 hours to write.

Aack! This is so exciting! The Curious Smiths! I'm thrilled! And how exciting to meet the original Penelope!

I was SOOOO addicted to TS2--more than I've ever been to any game, ever. I played as much as I could, even taking vacation days to play. I looked forward to playing ALL the time. Jim loved it, too! Even when we'd be hiking, I'd be planning out Sims.... it was so incredibly immersive!

• Options
    @CathyTea - Wait - playing all the time...even vacation days to play - talking about it while walking across Spain?....no....that's not me today. (I was better back then because I didn't write!) Now I want to play 8 hours a day and write 8 hours a day which leaves no time for work...
  • Options
    @CathyTea - Wait - playing all the time...even vacation days to play - talking about it while walking across Spain?....no....that's not me today. (I was better back then because I didn't write!) Now I want to play 8 hours a day and write 8 hours a day which leaves no time for work...

So first I clicked "Awesome." Then I clicked "Like," then I clicked "Insightful." It's awesome!

And did your Sims enjoy Spain?

For me, I think that writing slows it down... I can't let the game-play get too ahead of the writing, and, this year, for the writing, I need a whole lot of daydreaming/germinating time.

I wonder if there are MacArthur grants for SimLit! If so, we should nominate you!

• Options

So first I clicked "Awesome." Then I clicked "Like," then I clicked "Insightful." It's awesome!

And did your Sims enjoy Spain?

For me, I think that writing slows it down... I can't let the game-play get too ahead of the writing, and, this year, for the writing, I need a whole lot of daydreaming/germinating time.

I wonder if there are MacArthur grants for SimLit! If so, we should nominate you!

Haha! There are times I wish I could pick two of the options (insightful & awesome) and not just a single one. Yeah - it's been tough not being able to play the Huffmans as much as I want because the writing is behind (although much less now!). I don't mind writing a bunch at once because when I'm on a roll I like to keep going. But I like time just to think as well and walking (when it's not -20) is usually perfect - or falling asleep. I drafted my short story this month while attempting to sleep and decided just to write it while it was fresh.

Ah - if only simlit was seen as a powerful cultural influence on the youth of today - bet that would get us all grants.
  • Options

Ah - if only simlit was seen as a powerful cultural influence on the youth of today - bet that would get us all grants.

It truly is, right? Think of all the amazing 21-and-unders we know and collaborate with here!

• Options
    Okay, not really cheating, it is an active story, but not what I wanted to give you today. You'll just have to make do.

Tiny Immigrant: End of an Era, Beginning of the Next
  • Options
    Super fun chapter. What was the Ciel glitch? (she looks adorable!)

• Options
    Ah - The glitch was that Elaine got pregnant when she was a teenager (Her bar was all sparkly). I keep getting people pregnant that should be able to (like Natlei as an elder). I think that bug is now fixed in my mod. But when a teenager get pregnant the kids are random, no genetics. That's just the way the game handles that kind of pregnancy. (I wonder if it does the same for elder-births as well, I'll have to take a look).

So I figure they were both 18, but still in school. She moved in and took vacation days for the end of her schooling and aged up right after giving birth (still in the hospital). So it was barely a teenage pregnancy.

I'll have to have them have a second child so we can see Gunther's genes in action.
  • Options
    Ah - The glitch was that Elaine got pregnant when she was a teenager (Her bar was all sparkly). I keep getting people pregnant that should be able to (like Natlei as an elder). I think that bug is now fixed in my mod. But when a teenager get pregnant the kids are random, no genetics. That's just the way the game handles that kind of pregnancy. (I wonder if it does the same for elder-births as well, I'll have to take a look).

So I figure they were both 18, but still in school. She moved in and took vacation days for the end of her schooling and aged up right after giving birth (still in the hospital). So it was barely a teenage pregnancy.

I'll have to have them have a second child so we can see Gunther's genes in action.

I see! Well, she's one of those adorable Townie-looking children! When that happens in my games (like with Park Boys not looking like sisters and moms), I always say it's an adoption... but since we saw her pregnant and deliver the child, I guess... we can just call it recessive genes?

• Options
    We return to the Huffmans today, a bit of sad news to announce, but I can't stay sad long...

Huffman Legacy: Isabelle, Isabella
    It had all seemed so perfect that day, the sunlight, friends. No hint of what was to come. Or worse, maybe there had been hints, and he’d been too blind to see them.
    01-21-16_6-06-30c2a0am1.png
  • Options
    It was a bittersweet update! Love this story :)
  • Options
    Lovely chapter!

I really enjoyed the author's notes.

I can understand re-thinking the use of youth potion!

• Options
    @VIRTUALEE I almost didn't include her death. It made me so sad that she died so "young". Her girls are still children and I have enough screenshots that I probably could have faked her life for a while, but the lie would have only lasted so long, and she's been such a major character that I know I needed to give her a proper end.

I was chatting with @CitizenErased14 the other night and was teasing her that I finally was writing drama in my story, but I still ended the chapter happy. I just couldn't leave it at the death without including a birth. Live is cyclical like that.

@CathyTea I try to remember authors notes for most chapters. I think they work well with this third person narrative. Gives a little insight into the game behind the story. I'm not sure I could be quiet and not react to what's happening I. The game.

As for youth potions, I noticed late int the Pigglewiggles that my sims, unless they were good friends with their family, were dying alone, with very few friends. I think Michangelo only knew the grim at his death...didn't help that my ghosts kept getting culled. And no one mourned Luthor when he died. It was kind of lonely and tragic. But as I said, until Bella's death I had fully intended to shellfisly force long lives on my sims this time around. It was one of the reasons I wasn't worried when Arturo took most of his young adult hood to find Ch4na and didn't have any kids till he was an adult.

If they're close to finishing his aspiration or has other clear signs that they want to stick around, i won't hesitate to help out, but without autonomous drinking of potions, I'm going to be careful about forcing them to watch everyone their own age die. I will however try to make sure they're in good shape And healthy.
  • Options
    Huffmans today, still haven't gotten as much done on my other stories. But we're nearing the end of generation 1! Strike while the inspiration is there, eh?

Huffman Legacy 16- Spinning Up
    He didn't let fame get to his head. He might be gone on weekend more often, touring gigs, but at home he was always just Arty, the man she’d married.
    02-16-16_2-46-13c2a0am.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @ra3rei : The Huffman Legacy has received a shoutout on the Monthly Shoutout thread and will be featured at the Stories and Legacies Index in the Monthly Shoutouts section during the month of March! Congrats!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @ra3rei : The Huffman Legacy has received a shoutout on the Monthly Shoutout thread and will be featured at the Stories and Legacies Index in the Monthly Shoutouts section during the month of March! Congrats!

OMG!! COngrattssss!!
  • Options
    Oooh! @mastressalita , thanks for letting me know! I should go nominate a few myself. I've gotten so behind in reading, but there are some gems Outthere, and this is a great way to share them.
  • Options
    I'm a little behind in playing anything but the Huffmans, so this may end up as another Huffman special week. We've got a lot of birthdays coming up as everyone is in transition.

And sorry for the tease in yesterday's post, I had hope to have some awesome elder Arturo pictures in this post, because he is dashing...but we'll have to wait a bit longer since only one of the pictures with Arturo worked for this chapter.

Huffman Legacy 17- Will I Change?
    Izzy giggled and looked where he pointed. “No, it’s not. That is clearly a snark. You can tell because it has two sets of wings and a horn.”
    02-16-16_6-19-43c2a0am.png