Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

Comments

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Okay - I'm not sure how or where to put this in my TOC page, but I wrote a short story using characters from my Huffman Legacy and @CitizenErased14 's Ashes to Ashes.

It's a sweet little tale. Nothing too major. And I don't *think* you have to read her legacy first to understand it. But you might miss some stuff if you haven't read the first few chapters of her generation 2 (she's far beyond that now).

Finding Happiness
    04-19-16_9-45-48c2a0pm.png?w=748
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Gorgeous story, Rae!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited April 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Gorgeous story, Rae!

Glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun this past week writing it. I knew the moment Rachelle's story slipped from my fingers that she would be perfect for Diego - they're both single parents - both unlucky in dating - and both in need of a little helping hand.

Now I just have to rejigger my short stories on my blog because A) there's too many of them, and B) ...errr B ) now I appear to be writing them outside of just the challenge. Sigh.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited April 2016
    Wooh I love it so much @ra3rei !!!! I've already gushed to you so much already hahahahaha but it's really wonderful :heart:

(Sneaky @CathyTea reading it though XD The Gen 3 Colette and Tobi plot has been spoiled for you now :tongue: totally a sign you are overdue for an Ashes to Ashes binge to avoid more spoilers :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Wooh I love it so much @ra3rei !!!! I've already gushed to you so much already hahahahaha but it's really wonderful :heart:

(Sneaky @CathyTea reading it though XD The Gen 3 Colette and Tobi plot has been spoiled for you now :tongue: totally a sign you are overdue for an Ashes to Ashes binge to avoid more spoilers :lol:)
    I've read up to Colette's pregnancy, so it wasn't that much spoilery!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

Okay, only two big things spoiled then :lol: a little better. You're partially forgiven :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Generation two!! We're beginning today! Woot. I would say roughly a year has passed since the last post.

Huffman 2.1 - We'll be Okay
    04-05-16_12-49-34c2a0am.png
    More exciting news from our legacy today.

Huffmans 2.2 - A New Life
    Sam squinted at the ultrasound picture. He thought he could make out a head? And an arm? Giving up, he turned to Karen who was now looking a little mischievous.
    04-05-16_1-14-03c2a0am.png
    Interested in a little day in the life post from the Huffmans?

Huffman 2.3 - Domestic
    04-04-16_10-35-25c2a0pm.png
    At last, the last of the generation two kids are out of the house! Now Melville can concentrate on his family...poor guys exhausted.

Biblioteque ISBI Melville 2.9

screenshot-35.jpg
    Oh - It's been a while since I've forgotten to add my post here! This came out this morning at the regular time. (Did you know you can follow my blog or twitter (@raerei) to get proper, instantaneous, not subject to raerei forgetfulness updates?

Today the lucky day for the Huffmans - Babies!

Huffman Legacy 2.4 - Family
    There was some fear – fear of the unknown , of unforeseen complications, but mostly he watched the proceeding with growing excitement.
    04-05-16_2-17-34c2a0am.png

edited May 2016
    You might be thinking that I haven't posted anything since Thursday. And with my next sim post coming out tomorrow, you might think that I've gone 4 whole days without posting.

You would be wrong. My blog, Raerei's Fortress, isn't just sims. On Friday, I post stuff from other games, usually reviews of games I enjoy, sometimes even stories. So if your interested in more than sims, check out Friday Things...which are occasionally Monday Things. I don't post about them here because this is a sims forum.
    Yes, I needed another story like I needed a hole in my head. But well, my good friend @CitizenErased14 "s Ambrosia Challenge is in need of testers, and I'd always planned to test it.

So here's it is!

A Ghost of a Chance
    Chapter 1: The Darkness
    And I had hands again. I held them both up. They were blue. I could see straight through them.
    hand3.png

• MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I really love the beginning of your Ambrosia challenge. Now I even want to start my own more but I just have no time ...
    @Marialein time is the great limiting factor here. I actually tried to start this right near the end of dust to dust! And failed.... Take your time. For me I started writing it when the big bit me to work on it. My other stories will suffer, sadly, but it's what I most want to write.
    edited May 2016
    @ra3rei I already made myself something like a plan: I write when I have time about my amazons, then next week I will make my final exams, after that I have a bit more time and I think I could even continue my other stories. The first I should be able to finish are my prettancy and my fairytalereader. Then I guess my amazons and my build newcrest will take the most time to finish. Probably I can start when I can tick one story ;)
    Haha, @Marialein you're writing two challenges I want to write, but haven't started. Although I'm hoping to start the Amazon Challege this summer. But I still haven't figured out my plan for build Newcrest...I'm lucky in that outside of work I have no other responsibilities so pretty much this is my full time hobby.

It feels good to be able to check stories as done. I've only "done" three so far, but I need to start finishing stuff again to make room in my brain. I'm hoping to finish Sugar and Spice this summer and the Blue Peas, which has sadly been on hiatus since fall. Both of those are pretty short stories so if I just buckle down and don't get distracted.....oooh squirrel! Yeah. Distractable is pretty much my middle name. Oh well.
    @ra3rei Ha I know I get distracted very easy too :D
    Now that I am soon (only tomorrow is the last school day) out of school I should be able to give my sims a bit more time. You know no 40 hour week anymore and no learning in my rare freetime.
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Super excited to read you try on the Ambrosia challenge, the start is already readers-candy! <3
    Glad you're enjoying it so far, @Sterretjeee ! I must say I was planning to release the chapter next week....but I just couldn't help myself. I just love how the first chapter came out.
    Today we're back in TS3 for some toddlers, puppies, and clothing designs. Melville is nearing his elder birthday so soon we'll be picking our new heir. Who will it be? Basil? Fleur? Baby Sage? Or perhaps Razta??!

Biblioteque Melville 2.10
    And it's here! Chapter 2 of A Ghost of a Chance. Today some questions may or may not be answered.

Open the Door
    I walked and once again, I was alone. Just me and the darkness. It was then I saw the door.
    04-29-16_10-32-55c2a0pm.png
    Awhhhh, I feel so bad for him!

I know! I just felt aweful doing this. I just have to remind myself the challenge is to give him his life back . That and knowing the ghost doesn't really mind it at (this time) helps.
    edited May 2016
    A new Ghost of a Chance is out! Sadly no cool graphic since I'm internet less off my phone.

Ghost 3 - Haunted