Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

Comments

• VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    I just want to bottle up little Sammy and carry him in my pocket!! <3
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    You and @CitizenErased14 ! I love how much you adore him. Makes me super happy every time I get to feature him. Or...is Arty still your favorite, Citizen?

There's just something about these unique looking sims that gives them so much character! Regular expressions need not apply!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited March 2016
    Congratulations on being featured, @ra3rei! :) Very well deserved.
    Thanks Ninja!

And today we're headed back to TS3 land, and our Biblioteques. Land of sooo many kids. I wanted to give myself some more time for the next Huffman chapter.

Biblioteque ISBI: Gen 2.4 (Melville)
    screenshot-16.jpg
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    We continue our double posting strategy with another Biblioteque today.

Biblioteque ISBI: Gen 2.5 AKA everything you wish was in TS4
    screenshot-68.jpg
    Vacation time for the Huffmans. This is an odd half written, half pictures only post. Let me know if works!

Huffmans 1.18 Where's the Ocean?
    Want to play horseshoes, Iz?” Samuel asked.
    Arturo could see 🐸🐸🐸🐸 returning from her fishing trip. “I’ll join you while your mom makes us lunch.”

02-26-16_9-07-00c2a0pm.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Congratulations on being featured, @ra3rei! :) Very well deserved.

Featured where? How did I miss this?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Just caught up on all your wonderful stories! I love them all! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea Mastressalita featured the Huffmans in her monthly shootouts! And 'twas fun to watch you get caught up!

I've almost reset my homepage to the most recents twice now. I'm very tempted. Not to get rid of my bookshelf, but to highlight recents first and bookshelves for newcomers.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    @CathyTea Mastressalita featured the Huffmans in her monthly shootouts! And 'twas fun to watch you get caught up!

I've almost reset my homepage to the most recents twice now. I'm very tempted. Not to get rid of my bookshelf, but to highlight recents first and bookshelves for newcomers.

Well, I like the way it's set up. The Recents works very well for me. And sometimes, I just like to go to the home page to browse all you've got going.

You know what prompts me to take pauses in reading? It's the updates from Skyrim. I love them so much! So much happens in each--such rich characters, rich backstory, rich world--so when I read an update from that, then I feel like I need a few days, or even a week, to process it all! I feel a lot of imagining and story-weaving and processing going on in the background after I read a Skyrim update, so I need to let that happen before I dive back into the Simmie stories!

After a short Cat-hiatis. I have postings again. I hope I can get them all this week, but I'm still a bit off from all the events of last week. (New cats, searched for and signed lease for new apartment, was really overly social).

So Without further ado - a small chapter to tide you over.
    Huffman Legacy 1.18: Ch4na's Garden
    She helped Bella with the last of her homework and, when the oven bell rang, Sammy was back inside. He pulled the cake from the oven and Ch4na blew out the candles, joining her husband’s life stage.
    02-26-16_11-49-22c2a0pm.png

...on the plus side the url doesn't have to be edited to avoid the censors. . .
    New apartment? Congrats! Hope you and cats like it and that it's quiet and lovely! With sunny windows and a sweet view and lovely walks through a safe and happy neighborhood! And trees! Lots of trees. (outside. Unless you like living like John Muir--then inside is ok, too!)

CathyTea wrote: »
    New apartment? Congrats! Hope you and cats like it and that it's quiet and lovely! With sunny windows and a sweet view and lovely walks through a safe and happy neighborhood! And trees! Lots of trees. (outside. Unless you like living like John Muir--then inside is ok, too!)

I needed a new one in June anyway as my rent was being raised - but the cats reminded me it might be more challenging now that some places are off limits.

It's fairly charming...and three blocks from my house (one block over two blocks up). So the neighborhood is identical to mine. Big trees, few cars and even closer to the lake walk. The inside for when it's not warm and wonderful - is one of the many 1900s houses build around here with wood floors and lots of adorable built-ins. Sure the kitchen is a step down, but I think we'll be happy with less than 1400 square feet. (Which is too big for me, even with cats).

It just made for a crazy week since I only just started looking on Monday and signed the lease on Thursday. Last night however, the cats watched TV with me - or rather one decided to sit in front of the TV (from time to time) while the other laid on the floor nearby. They're not quite lap cats again yet. I've given one of them their first nickname: Tree-climber for how much he likes climbing and exploring. (My sister's cat is String-bane).

On a sim-related note. I was just (finally) editing my next Sugar and Spice chapter - I forgot how much this story makes me happy - in a sneaky-dancey kind of way. I kind of wish I could just publish it now without the pictures and keep writing. But I won't.
    LOL! Looking forward to Sugar and Spice! So great to have sneaky-dancey-happy stories!

And the new place sounds fantastic! Tree-climber and Sink-hider will love the built-ins!

We lived in some 1900's apartments with wood floors in Seattle, and I loved it. Great architecture and details!

edited March 2016
    Today we bring you the latest Huffmans ... And now I'm all caught up and must play again. We're approaching out first generation change.

Huffman 1.20 What do I Want?
    02-27-16_12-13-06c2a0am.png
    Love these teens! Oh! What succession laws are you using?

Remember when yoga made you bulk up? I used to have my pear Sims do lots of yoga! It really worked for Nathanael, and he loved it, anyway. Now he's back to being a happy pear, sort of balloon-pear...

Remember when yoga made you bulk up? I used to have my pear Sims do lots of yoga! It really worked for Nathanael, and he loved it, anyway. Now he's back to being a happy pear, sort of balloon-pear...

Ah - the adorable pear - Arturo is pear shaped, but both he and Sam have wide rib cages which makes it a bit different. Oooh - I forgot about yoga, Sam may have to take that up.

Succession laws....um. According to my spreadsheet first born male - child of heir. But I'm not going to worry if the story makes another one heir - I'm trying to figure out if this is even a "legacy" in the sense that the sims have any idea that it's a legacy. I might (since the lot is big enough - just build another house for Sam or something for a while. Really it's more of a watch this lot for 10 generations and see what happens there? Is that a valid succession? I don't want to box my story in too much - the legacy is more a framework this time. I was so good at following rules last time and I'll still keep an eye on them...but...we'll have to see.

Ah - the adorable pear - Arturo is pear shaped, but both he and Sam have wide rib cages which makes it a bit different. Oooh - I forgot about yoga, Sam may have to take that up.

Succession laws....um. According to my spreadsheet first born male - child of heir. But I'm not going to worry if the story makes another one heir - I'm trying to figure out if this is even a "legacy" in the sense that the sims have any idea that it's a legacy. I might (since the lot is big enough - just build another house for Sam or something for a while. Really it's more of a watch this lot for 10 generations and see what happens there? Is that a valid succession? I don't want to box my story in too much - the legacy is more a framework this time. I was so good at following rules last time and I'll still keep an eye on them...but...we'll have to see.

I love the multi-residence sort of thing--I kinda did that at Cradle Rock, and I often tend to when the lot's big enough.

I like how the Sims are just living their lives. It's still a legacy, if they don't know it, for it's the story of a ten-gen fam!

The only rules that get a little wobbly (in terms of Sim happiness) is the rolling of traits--what happens when Sims roll traits that just don't fit their personalities? I'm pretty sure that's the only rule that caused me issues... I still found things I liked about it, though, for it allowed me to explore more traits. I just didn't like it when the rolled trait didn't fit the Sim and the Sim seemed to suffer because of it.

I love the multi-residence sort of thing--I kinda did that at Cradle Rock, and I often tend to when the lot's big enough.

I like how the Sims are just living their lives. It's still a legacy, if they don't know it, for it's the story of a ten-gen fam!

The only rules that get a little wobbly (in terms of Sim happiness) is the rolling of traits--what happens when Sims roll traits that just don't fit their personalities? I'm pretty sure that's the only rule that caused me issues... I still found things I liked about it, though, for it allowed me to explore more traits. I just didn't like it when the rolled trait didn't fit the Sim and the Sim seemed to suffer because of it.

Yup: Huffmans - 10 generations...not a prettacy, not a legacy. :P

Traits might be an issue, but by rolling all at once (plus their aspiration) when they age up to child means I have a fairly good idea of what the kid will be like as a whole from the get-go and how I want to play them. I'll always have their end-trait in mind rather than learning (like I often did with the PW) that they've suddenly become evil after writing about their nice friendly childhood. Also I'm pretty fast and loose these days when it comes to interpreting traits. Sam is squeamish, like his dad, but not in the same way as he likes the outdoors in ways that Arturo never will. I'm sure his squeamishness will come in to play somehow - but so far it hasn't caused him issues. (Hmmm....he might have a problem with used yoga mats and gym equipment rather than good clean dirt and fish heads!)

My main issue right now is the memorials. I want pictures of all my generations to put in a mausoleum somewhere - if only for me. My sims my never even know it exists. But as far as points - while I'm keeping track (I have 8 right now) - I'm not going to panic if no one makes it to level 8 in time to properly memorialize Arturo. I'm not going to waste their time working on a skill they don't actually want to do.
    Things have been posting this week...just not sim related. I've been playing a lot of minecraft and mentally working on stories. This weekend my mom's in town so I still might not return to my regally scheduled stories too soon. Oh, if only I'd let myself get ahead and stay ahead.
    • Sugar and spice chapter three is all written up and ready to be screen shotted.
    • Poor Adam has the opposite issues, pictures and plot, but I haven't gotten it down on paper yet.
    • My March short story has been in the works for weeks, again not written yet, I was trying to write it in first person, but I'm guessing that's my block.
    • And since I took a week off sims (and computers) and now a second week where I haven't played sims, the Huffmans, Bibliotecques, and my Tiny Immigrant story are all caught up so I can't write them even if I wanted to until I play again.
    edited March 2016
    Still not up and running again yet, but enjoy this week's teasers and behind the scenes. Something to get up and moving again.

Today we have the Huffmans Making Faces
    02-16-16_6-18-14c2a0am.png

edited March 2016
    Today's post is all about Sam.

The Secret Life of Samuel Huffman
    01-21-16_4-18-08c2a0am.png

Today's post is all about Sam.

These teasers are so much fun! Makes me want to do a photo-only story!

I love them. They're so much fun - I've got some thought on the photo-only stories that I'm still working out what I think, but I'll share it on the Storytelling Art thread once I know what I'm thinking.
    Ooh - Almost forgot to post here, and today's teaser is a fun one!

Grim News
    03-24-16_10-21-55c2a0pm.png