Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From Sim culling to Relationships culling!! What is going on EA?

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2016
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Some people don't like mods, some feel like they don't know how to use them properly but them there are people like me who feel it's the principle. The game I have is broken and I want it fixed.

then you can fix it with mods

Mods won't reinstate the relationships that were culled before each person discovered the problem

a patch neither will do it

Nope. The principle isn't just about the relationship culling mechanism. That mechanism isn't the main thing, IMO, that needs fixing.

(Not that the mechanism couldn't use some serious adjustment: it should, if it's kept at all, be limited at the least to nonplayed households and shouldn't include relationships made through GT clubs, school, or work or relationships with played Sims. It also shouldn't be happening at the same time as Sims are being given relationships we didn't initiate, relationships that are strong enough to withstand the cull even while relationships we might have initiated are culled.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Some people don't like mods, some feel like they don't know how to use them properly but them there are people like me who feel it's the principle. The game I have is broken and I want it fixed.

Mods won't reinstate the relationships that were culled before each person discovered the problem

Nope. The principle isn't just about the relationship culling mechanism. That mechanism isn't the main thing, IMO, that needs fixing.

Anyway fix via mods is the better election
    Or really you believed they wanted to add a relationship culling?

No.
    Is the fix for Sims Culling, than instead take simple steps like at MC Command Center, they over-coded it (to say, we are working hard) and made more intrincated steps than at end create the Relationship Culling
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Definition of principle

a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.

My reasoning is that the game is broken. I did nothing to break the game. Either through design or patch it was broken by the TS4 team. It needs to be fixed by the people who broke it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2016

Anyway fix via mods is the better election
    Or really you believed they wanted to add a relationship culling?

No.
    Is the fix for Sims Culling, than instead take simple steps like at MC Command Center, they over-coded it (to say, we are working hard) and made more intrincated steps than at end create the Relationship Culling

The coding @Neia found is pretty obviously deliberate, and is separate from Sim culling coding. There's nothing whatsoever to suggest that this mechanism is a bug of some kind.

We should be told about these obviously deliberate things that will significantly affect existing saves, right in the game itself, and told if these things have in-game settings we can change or are moddable. That way we can actually decide if we can live with them or should wait for a mod so we can continue our particular gameplay style, instead of being faced with damaged saves that can't be recovered by the time we've found and gone hunting for info about the problem.

edit: This reminds me of the career-allocation issue. When that was introduced, we were told about it. We were also told that it was supposed to apply to nonplayed Sims, so when my played Sims in rotation had their careers changed, I could see that it was bug, at least. I was still annoyed and had to either change my playstyle or mod (as it turned out, I did the first; a mod was not fast-coming for that one). But there was communication. The mechanism was announced and described; the problem was acknowledged. This time? Silence.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Oh god, today I lose all my relationships :(
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    janiexojaniexo Posts: 32 New Member
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > About mods.
    >
    > Mods are great, they can change game play and make new things happen in your game, add more mature content for those who want it, make things that happen in the game stop happening......they can even fix bugs in a game....because lets face it most games have some bugs.
    >
    > but............the culling and the relationship culling is a game breaking problem for many players. Enough players that it needs to be addressed by the TS4 team and fixed.
    >
    > Some people don't like mods, some feel like they don't know how to use them properly but them there are people like me who feel it's the principle. The game I have is broken and I want it fixed.

I just discovered this problem and I agree. I can't believe I need to install a MOD to fix a basic game-play mechanic. This is a root problem, sims should not simply forget each other if they have some sort of basic relationship with each other.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    The culling is a serious effing pain in the butt! Almost becoming a game breaker
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @AmyDames .
    If you use mods,there are two mods that can help with the culling and relationship culling issue. You can only use one, not both at the same time.
    MC Command Center contains many features/functions and has help for both of these issues.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

A single standalone mod that has been created to help the relationship culling issue is " No more Relationship Culling"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568880

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Thank you very much for the information. I do not use mods or cc. I think it's scandalous that I would have to use any of that to "fix" a game I payed good money for and continue to give my money for
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the information. I do not use mods or cc. I think it's scandalous that I would have to use any of that to "fix" a game I payed good money for and continue to give my money for

Totally agree with you and will not give EA/Maxis another nickle of my money for a game that is not complete with the base game, that need constant patching to fix bugs, errors and glitches and the patches break other stuff, and require mods to make the game playable. Been there done that, not doing it again.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »

Completely agree. I have nothing against mods to add or enhance game play. Having to add a mod just to fix broken game play is an entirely different matter.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Is there any news that EA is working on this? I keep spending time building up relationships and then when I rotate back to another house all their known sims have gone.
  • Options
    NadiaVasquezNadiaVasquez Posts: 1 New Member
    I was wondering if installing Get Together helped anyone with this issue?
  • Options
    I was wondering if installing Get Together helped anyone with this issue?

Hello @NadiaVasquez .
    Culling and relationship culling are parts of the game that have been designed to help with the running of the game. Installing Get Together won't help/effect the issue. There may though be more sims coming into the world if your sim visits the bar on the special bar nights or if they visit cafes and bar tenders need to the tend the espresso bar, so that could effect the culling total in your game.
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I wish the game had an option for amount of townies to generate in game at a time instead of having lots of townies at ones it's taking over the limit and it's 1 reason why some people are using MC commander because of culling and relationship decay.
  • Options
    beeke404beeke404 Posts: 24 Member
    Why are the EA people so evil?! What were they thinking making relationship culling a thing?! Sims 4 is supposed to be 10x better then Sims 3 and yet Sims 3 seems just a tad better since they have lifetime rewards that prevents relationships culling! They were completely lazy when making Sims 4! While it still has cool features that Sims 3 didn't have, crap like culling relationships is just pure 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I had to reintroduce and re-romance and remarry my sims! Also, like Sims 3, it is totally covered with glitches and bugs! Why does EA ignore our complaints?! This is a very good way to lose money! Is that their goal?!
  • Options
    beeke404 wrote: »
    Why are the EA people so evil?! What were they thinking making relationship culling a thing?! Sims 4 is supposed to be 10x better then Sims 3 and yet Sims 3 seems just a tad better since they have lifetime rewards that prevents relationships culling! They were completely lazy when making Sims 4! While it still has cool features that Sims 3 didn't have, plum like culling relationships is just pure plum! I had to reintroduce and re-romance and remarry my sims! Also, like Sims 3, it is totally covered with glitches and bugs! Why does EA ignore our complaints?! This is a very good way to lose money! Is that their goal?!

Hello
    This thread has further information about the current state of culling, relationship culling and relationship decay
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-decay-current-status
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    Unfortunately EA has a track record of not fixing things that are for many people game breaking. Even Sims 3 had issues with their Story Progression messing things up, family trees getting broken etc. especially on older/larger saves. The only way to fix these problems were mods. Still are, even after the game was 'complete'. Mods made Sims 3 Story progression etc. work the way they were supposed to work. The same thing is happening with Sims 4.

I know many people don't want to use mods, and I understand wanting these things fixed on principle. I agree with that wholeheartedly. Unfortunately in cases like this the choice becomes: 1. Don't use mods and deal with culling, broken family trees/relationships, plus any number of other annoying, frustrating, sometimes game breakng problems.
    2. Use mods to fix those problems and enjoy the game the way it is supposed to be.

It's not the optimal solution for many people, but EA makes it so mods are really the only solution.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Maera
    Have you checked the thread linked by rosemow ? They are trying to fix it, there have been numerous changes so far and SimGuruNinja confirmed it's something they are still working on it. Far from use a mod or deal with it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, I feel special, the relationship culling isn't a problem in my game anymore. Shock! Am I the only one? After all my fussing lol, it seems it actually holds out pretty well.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Well, I feel special, the relationship culling isn't a problem in my game anymore. Shock! Am I the only one? After all my fussing lol, it seems it actually holds out pretty well.

FWIW, I am currently playing a single sim and not rotationaly and I am having no issues at all. Was a disaster without a mod when I was trying to go round 10 households!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @Neia Yes there have been changes/improvements but the fact remains that the problems with culling and relationships being lost have been around since the beginning, or at least close to. I didn't say what I did to be snarky to those people who are upset or to be argumentative or shove mods down the throat of those who don't want them. I agree no one should have to use mods if they don't want to, just that as it stands now, you do need mods to fix it completely or deal with it until EA fixes it, there is no third option if you don't want these issues in your game. Sims 3 still requires mods for many things that never got fixed, despite being promised otherwise, and now that it's finished they never will. Given that kind of track record I don't hold much stock in EA's promises to fix things, which is where my response came from.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Maera
    I don't need mods to fix it, neither am I dealing with it, I'm fine with the culling as it is now. They have fixed it for me. It may not be there for you yet, in that case I think you should definitinely post why and in which cases culling is still bothering you.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Though I wasn't really speaking about those who are fine with things as they are, more to those that are not happy with the issue. I don't have the issue because I have mods that get rid of the problem. I wouldn't be happy with having that problem at all, so I got the mod before it became a problem.