Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the deal with Eliza Pancakes?!?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited December 2015
    You are all fortunate with those anecdotes. In my games Eliza is almost invisible. In my main game she hardly ever shows up in public and the daughter I created for the Pancakes follows her parents' example. In the other save they have naturally born twins. One of my sims once met the female twin in a nightclub. Now in my main save this would be considered normal (nightlife is very safe there), but in this universe I thought it prudent to bring the kid home ("travel with") asap. The Pancakes weren't even home (probably searching the town for their kid), but when they arrived Eliza gave Eleanore a big hug. And this is pretty much the only info I have about Eliza: that she cares about her children.
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Yeah...she does pick a lot of fights. I had the "welcome wagon" thing that happens in the start of your game and she came over and basically started arguing with one of my sims. Though I do like her last name! lol

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Eliza is always pretty tame in my games. She's a mild-mannered neighbor who lives next door to my current family. She comes over a lot with Bob, but she's always well behaved and, as a plus, even takes out the trash and washes the dishes. A pleasant guest for sure. ;)
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    See.. This is part of what I don't understand about this game.
    What part of Eliza's traits make her flirt with other sims, be mean, etc? Is it the decay of her relationship with Bob (and vice versa when he flirts with other sims?)

What are the mechanics/reasons for this?

Sims do have hidden traits. I must see what they are for Eliza next time I encounter her ingame.

I didn't know this -- but it makes more sense.
    I'll have to start checking this out more often.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I just noticed something win I'm playing Mortimer it looks like Eliza stays away from him :sweat_smile: maybe Eliza only targets special sims? other wise that Eliza she is sure something else
  • Options
    CalicoJesterCalicoJester Posts: 93 Member
    In one of my games I saw her living in my girlfriend's house... I asked if she was single and she said yes. God knows what happened between her and Bob :'(
    xUjx1Ah.gif
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Bob is cheating on Eliza in my game (I didn't tell him to, I don't play that household) and also has a child with Eliza (who isn't cheating, poor lady lol). - mc cmd center provided the child, not the affair.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    All of my sims are enemies with her :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    In my previous save, after Eliza mysteriously "left town", Bill Murray took pity on Bob and invited him to move into his party house. In my current save, she still around but with the Jealous trait, because why not. (I did finally send her to get a haircut yesterday too.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    In my previous save, after Eliza mysteriously "left town", Bill Murray took pity on Bob and invited him to move into his party house. In my current save, she still around but with the Jealous trait, because why not. (I did finally send her to get a haircut yesterday too.)

Did anyone ever look under Bob's new patio?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    @luthienrising Ghost Buster's Bill Murray, or does your sim just happen to have that name? Made me laugh imaging a simified Bill Murray inviting Bob Pancakes to a house party.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    @luthienrising Ghost Buster's Bill Murray, or does your sim just happen to have that name? Made me laugh imaging a simified Bill Murray inviting Bob Pancakes to a house party.

Bill:
    There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Bob:
    Hit it!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    She is supposed to be the revamped *cough* shallower version of Betty Newbie. I wish they had just the Newbies as they were instead of trying to change them to be stereotypical now with the Pancakes.

It is odd because when they were the Newbies, Bob was the grumpy one and Betty was the nice one, now with the Pancakes, Bob is the nice one and Eliza is the grumpy one. I think they entered into the Twilight Zone into Stepford Land. Maybe I should make Bob fit and Eliza into liking to eat pancakes since there is already a role reversal as it is.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Ghostbusters Bill Murray :) That save was stuffed with celebrity Sims.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Ghostbusters Bill Murray :) That save was stuffed with celebrity Sims.

xD I like that. Sounds like a fun sims save. :)

Bill:
    There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Bob:
    Hit it!

lol, noticed this after I posted. I'd pay to see that.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Eliza Pancakes kind of creeps me out. :D
    On one of my saves, she seemed to be everywhere my sims went, doing absolutely nothing but lurking in the background... And that's how it was for a long time. That was, until, she decided to stop lurking one night while my main-sim was out partying alone and attempted flirting with him. He didn't like that, but they sort of got along, nonetheless.
    Since then, though, I catch her lurking outside of my sim's house or on the areas around the lot quite a bit, just as she did when my sims would go out places. Also, the only time she ever actually seems to visit is when my sim is home alone.

It's pretty weird. :#
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I thought she died in my game. Then out of no where she was flirting with other Sims. I thought she was like 89 years old looking like a young adult
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    Eliza is dead in my game, she was killed by my sim! >:)
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Eliza Pancakes kind of creeps me out. :D
    On one of my saves, she seemed to be everywhere my sims went, doing absolutely nothing but lurking in the background... And that's how it was for a long time. That was, until, she decided to stop lurking one night while my main-sim was out partying alone and attempted flirting with him. He didn't like that, but they sort of got along, nonetheless.
    Since then, though, I catch her lurking outside of my sim's house or on the areas around the lot quite a bit, just as she did when my sims would go out places. Also, the only time she ever actually seems to visit is when my sim is home alone.

It's pretty weird. :#

"Weirder Stories" right? >:)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2015
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Eliza Pancakes is one of the most infuriating sims in this game, or at least for me she is. I went and looked up her information and her traits are Materialistic, Neat, Perfectionist, and the other part is Business Savvy. I could understand if there was any romance type traits, but there are none, but this woman ......

Anyways, I have a couple that I had put up in my library for a while, and very recently brought them back out to play. I was avoiding the whole alien abductions and pregnancies with this couple. At this time in their lives they are happily married, with a baby on the way. They decided to head out to the gym to work out, and while there Eliza shows up, makes a bee line straight to the husband, and proceeds to flirt with him like crazy. This of course does not sit right with the wife, who in turn, gives Eliza a piece of her mind. She keeps picking on Eliza, until she gets the message and leaves.

What is the deal with this woman?

She's not a flirt in my original game. Which I haven't played in months. I had to start over four times since this game was released. But in every one of those she is a work out nut. I saw her in all four of my games in her workout clothes everywhere she goes, and she is always energized and this causes my Sims to be energized when she talks to them. She drives me crazy because of that. I thought her traits were about working out since that is all she did in all four games when I saw her. (I have never played them but gave them kids in CAS).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    In my game, Eliza is now Eliza Newbie and Bob is HAPPILY remarried with four kids (the household I'm actively playing). Eliza, however, has a kid with a townie (thanks to mc commandcenter) and tries to become friends with Bob's oldest son, which is kind of weird.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I haven't dealt with the infamous Eliza yet, but now I want to ...
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I started my Pancakes obsession by playing them, just to see what all the fuss/hype was about. Their friendship and romance bars were not quite halfway up, which I found rather odd for a married couple. So they didn't seem to flirt autonomously like other couples, altho they would if I directed them to, of course. Their work hours were so different that it seemed more like they were roommates.

She was high in fitness and would exercise all the time autonomously when I installed some gym equipment. She was good friends with Don Lothario, higher in friendship than with Bob. He'd come over fairly often. Don and Eliza would occasionally Practice Fighting on their own when she maxed out the skill. The first time I thought it was a real fight.

I'll never forget the time Eliza was barbecuing some steaks and the grill caught on fire. She whipped out the fire extinguisher so fast that not all the steaks burned and we actually ate the ones she resumed cooking. It was the shortest fire I've ever seen in The Sims. Bob was gardening and never even had time to react.

But then Bella came along and was continually flirting with Bob at the bar when he was doing his mixology daily task. After about the fourth time Bob and I decided she must be serious. It took about two Sim weeks to get her to leave Mortimer. I made the upstairs of the Pancakes house into a sneaky cheeky semi dive-y rendezvous pad with a separate entrance. Eliza never batted an eye even though there were many close calls and it appeared she even saw them a couple times.

When the divorces happened, Bob and Bella were Very Sad a large share of the time for 3 days. Eliza was Sad for a day, so odd. She was evidently over it.

Bob and Bella eloped to this resort type lot called Little Venice from MTS. It's a very nice creation, with canals and the whole bit. Cassandra and Alexander were there, and a couple friends. It's a community lot, I designated as a bar, and I made some hotel rooms upstairs. Right before they said their vows, Eliza came skulking by, but did not say anything. She went into one of the bars on the lot. One of the friends who came was also a chef, so he made Bob and Bella a wedding cake.

Around 3 AM, after everyone was asleep in their rooms, I went down to the Dining Room to see if the cake remains needed discarding or could be saved to take home. There sat Eliza at the table, eating a piece. The look on her face was resigned, yet determined. She's a strange little Sim, that one.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I started my Pancakes obsession by playing them, just to see what all the fuss/hype was about. Their friendship and romance bars were not quite halfway up, which I found rather odd for a married couple. So they didn't seem to flirt autonomously like other couples, altho they would if I directed them to, of course. Their work hours were so different that it seemed more like they were roommates.

She was high in fitness and would exercise all the time autonomously when I installed some gym equipment. She was good friends with Don Lothario, higher in friendship than with Bob. He'd come over fairly often. Don and Eliza would occasionally Practice Fighting on their own when she maxed out the skill. The first time I thought it was a real fight.

I'll never forget the time Eliza was barbecuing some steaks and the grill caught on fire. She whipped out the fire extinguisher so fast that not all the steaks burned and we actually ate the ones she resumed cooking. It was the shortest fire I've ever seen in The Sims. Bob was gardening and never even had time to react.

But then Bella came along and was continually flirting with Bob at the bar when he was doing his mixology daily task. After about the fourth time Bob and I decided she must be serious. It took about two Sim weeks to get her to leave Mortimer. I made the upstairs of the Pancakes house into a sneaky cheeky semi dive-y rendezvous pad with a separate entrance. Eliza never batted an eye even though there were many close calls and it appeared she even saw them a couple times.

When the divorces happened, Bob and Bella were Very Sad a large share of the time for 3 days. Eliza was Sad for a day, so odd. She was evidently over it.

Bob and Bella eloped to this resort type lot called Little Venice from MTS. It's a very nice creation, with canals and the whole bit. Cassandra and Alexander were there, and a couple friends. It's a community lot, I designated as a bar, and I made some hotel rooms upstairs. Right before they said their vows, Eliza came skulking by, but did not say anything. She went into one of the bars on the lot. One of the friends who came was also a chef, so he made Bob and Bella a wedding cake.

Around 3 AM, after everyone was asleep in their rooms, I went down to the Dining Room to see if the cake remains needed discarding or could be saved to take home. There sat Eliza at the table, eating a piece. The look on her face was resigned, yet determined. She's a strange little Sim, that one.

Now that is an amazing story.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ThalmorThalmor Posts: 52 Member
    Literally all Eliza does in my game is hang around in my measly potted plant shop, and insult my other customers. Every single day she's there, I don't know why, and i certainly don't know what she's doing with all those potted plants she bought.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top