Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ The Starborn Legacy ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 10: Echoes

When Davin and Siobhan were alive, the kids all bounced around the house while Davin filed his reports and made his sales calls and Siobhan researched her stocks. There were family meals by the dozen. There was family time. There was lots of love shown through hugs and talks. Now, the table is empty. Hardly a soul sits on the sofa or love seat. The computers, of which there are now two, sit quiet. Even Vincent had forsaken his violin. It was not the house in which the children grew up.

Nathaniel and Vincent had to adjust the house a bit. Their father had always wanted a big family home with lots of rooms and walls. The reality of such a house is the bills run deep. Some cost-cutting remodeling was called for. In so doing, not only was the house finally organized into a basic house shape, it was granted a roof, a back door, a foundation, and even a front porch.

LlBysPN.png
    JXzfWUd.png

The redesign didn't stop things from breaking. No, that seemed to be a reality of life that no one could escape. Before, their father would take care of it all while the kids played or did homework. Now, Vincent and Nathaniel split the repair chores between them. Both were becoming dab hands at general repair. It was a skill that saved a lot of money.

qB1qh4f.png
    NfdT6s0.png

While the mood of the house was somber, life has a way of working out for the living. Sadness waned each day. Happiness began to infect the house. As time passed, a normalcy returned to life. And then Violet became a young adult. There was joy and celebration. Nathaniel baked a cake. It was a very good day.

4ECz5mN.png

One night, Vincent went into his room and returned to his violin. Violet even came in to watch her brother play a beautiful concerto. And he played on and on. The music spoke to his soul. It touched him. It connected him to his father who had given him the violin as a birthday present when he became a teenager. Now, as he slowly aged, it became a thing of necessity in his life to have this time playing.

gRvnMup.png

Violet, for her part, entered into a painter career. She had already proven a talent at painting, having become a level 5 artist. She painted portraits and sold them to collectors and art galleries to supplement the household income.

1bWOv0g.png

Nathaniel went to school, came home, did his homework, then headed out again to work at a retail store to assist with the bills.

lryfDXt.png

Vincent was still a minor league player. His recent form wasn't that spectacular on the pitch, but now as he regained himself, his performance continued to gain and, it was thought by his coach, that he would soon become a rookie.

One night while studying opponents, Vincent heard a noise coming from Nathaniel's room.

qBOeszR.png

It was an echoing voice. A voice somewhat familiar, somewhat chilling. The noise stopped and Vincent continued to study his opponents. That's when he came in.

"Hey Vince," Davin said in his semi-transparent ghostly form, "How's it goin', dude?"

s1RHp4g.png

And they talked as old friends. They laughed about old times. Vincent even showed his father how the house had come along. And Davin was proud of what the kids had accomplished. Davin promised he would check in from time to time. The Starborn, not of this world, never died. Their Earthly bodies would give out, but they were still there always watching and worrying. They were returned to the stars forever.

yDVp8MT.png

Davin stopped at his tombstone and mourned. Not for himself, but for never being able to hug his children again. For never being able to see his beloved Siobhan again. Yet, he was resigned to his fate for it was part of the legend of the Starborn. It was how it worked.

oPZDNYn.png

And as the morning came, he returned to his resting place until his next visit.

a6KetTX.png

And Vincent, Violent, and Nathaniel were prepared to continue the legacy began many years ago with Davin and a small, square house with no walls or windows.

ODHWtv1.png

Chapter 11
    Post edited by Chrinnie on
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 20
    Time Marches On

It would seem that the more Azalea concentrated on her studies the more positive she felt and the more encouraged she was that she could do this. In addition to her studies, she spent countless hours in the garden caring for her Grandmother's most treasured plants. She discovered quickly that she really had a knack for helping things bloom. In fact, it was as if her buds responded to her touch like magic. Paxis hadn't been paying much mind to her since the birth of Maxis and the loss of her siblings. But suddenly, she was beginning to notice that something had changed inside her daughter.

Suddenly she was helping old ladies cross the street, offering to shovel neighbors driveways, and even baking cookies for the school bake sale.

But despite all of her good intentions and all of her hardwork, on her young adult birthday the reality was it HAD been too late. Still, the work she had put in had taught her so much about herself that she decided to help her little sister in the quest and to share her Grandmother's request with her as well.

On Corona's Young adult birthday, she had chosen to stay on to help her sister raise her brood and to help pay the bills for the estate. But as her biological clock began to tick she realized that she wanted nothing more than to have a child of her own. Because she had always been all work and no play, she didn't have a boyfriend she could discuss this with. So she opted to take matters into her own hands and adopted an adorable little girl named Chloe.

MPWJUUz.png

And though she was adorable and incredibly creative, Corona quickly learned that she was very cheerful as well.

plSnsOr.png

Although Corona wanted nothing more than to stick around and help the legacy grow. She was also starting to itch for her own space. Aristotle had a brilliant idea to build her and Chloe a little apartment in the cellar with a walkout basement and pool.

And since continuing the legacy wasn't in the cards for Azalea, she gave up imitating Aliens and agreed to stay on as the full time HUMAN gardener.

p3Tut40.png

In fact, now that their seems to be a rhythm to the homes needs, the exact staffing needs are understood. So it should come as no surprise then that when the twins came back from boarding school one became the family chef and childcare provider, and the other the general housekeeper and repairman. Which will leave our heir free to make babies, skill up and focus on aspirations.

With the new staffing requirements filled, Aristotle set to designing the new family home. He felt the best way to accomodate the family would be to create a high rise of sorts....hmmm we shall just have to wait to see what our handsome architect has planned.

Chapter 21
    Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 21
    Breaking Ground

With the lot leveled and certain key items in a nearby storage facility, Aristotle began proposing a crazy scheme to build the new homes. Of course, the whole family had their own two cents to put in about it. This one wanted a spa, this one wanted a playroom, the other wants an office, a laboratory, a library, a pool, a garden and place for their ancestors. This project was going to be colossal. But he knew he had what it took to get the job done.

And so the work began......

External shell complete. Current lot value $139,751

6kozcR4.png
    ************************************************************************************

"Aristotle Olympus What were you thinking?!" Lectured Paxi.

"We've got way too much living area. I have to run across the street to wash a dish. The maid keeps getting lost. This just this just isn't going to work! You have to do something. Please. I need more order in my life than this gigantic monstrosity that you have built for us." She wept into her hands.

"Oh baby. I am so sorry. Let me see if I can fix it ok. Don't give up on me." Aristotle brushed his hand across her cheek.

So Aristotle went back to work. Scratching his head. Studying his blueprints. Considering all of the options. There just had to be a way to give everyone what they wanted without compromising on efficiency. I mean with this huge lot and all their money they shouldn't have to compromise on anything. One would think anyway....

Paxi wandered into the office where Aristotle was concentrating. "Boy with all these U.F.O. plants we sure could have a plantation." She twiddled with the harvestable in her hand.

"Wait what did you say?" Aristotle looked up.

"Oh. I was just making a joke." She laughed. "You know a U.F.O. Plantation. Hee Hee." Paxi nudged his shoulder and scooted back out to go help Maxis with her homework.

"Hmmm. A U.F.O. Plantation." Aristotle suddenly inspired scratched his current plans and started doodling something new.

7nuBpXj.jpg

It wasn't long after the new house was built that little Maxis became a teen.

LgdZXkl.png

Chapter 22
    Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I came to "take a quick look" to this thread and this is what happened: I read all of these amazing stories! It's so awesome how different they are! I'm definitely going to follow every one of them!

(I so much want to try this challenge too! It looks so much fun! But I'm not sure at all that am I a legacy player. 10 generations is very long time... :D)
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Hi @Hemera123 welcome to the thread, so glad you enjoyed reading the stories they are all wonderful. You should give it a go for fun and set your own goal it doesnt have to be 10 gens, this legacy was created to be fun with not to many rules to overwhelm people new to stories. This is most of our first time to so if your more happier trying 5 gens or 7 gens go for it.
    I also have some short story themes to do once most of us finish this one though i hope people still give this legacy a go because it is so much fun.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited December 2015
    Wow epic build @mommataurus2 I love how everyone serves a purpose in your legacy...I'm so unorganized in mine lol

You know @Chrinnie Your story telling is really well done :) I love that ghost Davin has come back to show his son love and admiration :) so sweet!

@Hemera123 Thanks for stopping by and reading all our legacy story's! I agree with Cbear you should join in and start small if you think ten is to many to commit to lol Its been super fun and I'm not much of a legacy player either but this is prolly the most fun I've had actually playing sims lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 12
    Permission Granted

Summer was getting quiet good at fixing things. Even if she did get the occasional shock or two! Yikes!
    20_4.jpg
    1_4.jpg

Percy and Melody became young adults and Percy got a job in computer programming. It was a great opportunity for him and the money wasn't half bad either!
    2_4.jpg

Things were still going hot and heavy with Melody and one night when she was leaving to go home she asked him if he still intended to keep the promise he made to her and marry her one day. With a fierce look of love in his eyes He told her “nothing could keep me from making you my wife Mel… You’re everything to me!” She just gave him a smile and sauntered off down the path disappearing into the night.
    3_4.jpg

He knew the time was right to ask Melody to marry him. He wasn’t as nervous as he probably should be but, he was nervous to ask her Dad’s permission! He walked over one fine afternoon and Mr. House was out front watering the flowers. “Hi Mr. House, ummm well…” he started off badly and Mr House replied in a grumble “Mel is up in her room. You can wait in the living room though!” Percy wasn’t shocked by this Mr. House was very protective of Melody and rightly so as his only child and family member! “Ummm actually Mr. House if you don’t mind I’d like to talk to you” Percy said with a smile.
    15_4.jpg

Mr. House seem slightly taken aback but walked inside with Percy. “Well son what is it you wanted to talk about?” Percy bit the bullet and half blurted out “Well Mr. House I just wanted to tell you how wonderful and special I think Melody is. And, That I want to spend the rest of my life with her. And, ummm I’d really like your blessing to ask her to marry me?” Mr. House was quiet for what seemed like hours to Percy (even though it was only like a minute) Then he threw his arms open and pulled Percy into a big bear hug. “I’m so happy for Mel I know how much she loves you and you’re a good lad! So of course you have my permission! And, call me Chris.”
    16_4.jpg

Percy was so relived as Mr. House (it doesn’t seem right calling him Chris does it?) went upstairs to get Melody. “Mel I have a big date planned for us tonight can you meet me at the bluffs in Windenburg at Sunset?” Percy asked Melody with excitement in his belly. “Ooo sounds mysterious” Melody said. “Of course I will sweetie!” Percy gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek and walked home feeling light as a feather.
    17_4.jpg
    18_4.jpg

Will Melody say yes? Stay Tuned for her answer and a secret revealed in the next chapter!
    Previous Chapter hereOr Read from the beginning here
    Post edited by lisa17ann on

• Options
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I came to "take a quick look" to this thread and this is what happened: I read all of these amazing stories! It's so awesome how different they are! I'm definitely going to follow every one of them!

(I so much want to try this challenge too! It looks so much fun! But I'm not sure at all that am I a legacy player. 10 generations is very long time... :D)

Well, hello there, new friend! Step right up and give it a go. I'm brand new to legacies myself..... and it does feel pretty rough to think that far in advance. But, well, I just decided to go one generation at a time and see where I feel like stopping because 10 generations feels like forever.

I will say that the story is, to me, more important than the actually simming. I can take any picture and put a story to it that works for the picture. It just took me figuring out what story I wanted to tell before I got rolling.
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    Chapter 13
    A secret Reveled

Percy met Melody at the bluffs in Windenburg. She was sitting on an old crumbled rock wall and looking like a beautiful angel in the setting sun. He smiled and sat down next to her, taking her hand in his he said “Mel I love you!” and then kissed her fiercely.
    4_4.jpg
    5_4.jpg

Suddenly he pulled her to her feet and then dropped down on one knee and help up a perfect diamond ring to her. Melody gasped and then Percy spoke soft but clear “Melody my heart was yours from the moment we met. You’ve been my best friend and soul mate and if you’d do me the honor of being my wife you’d make me the happiest man in the world…Will you marry me?” Melody’s answer came fast and firm “Yes! Percy of course I will!” and then she pulled him in for yet another mind blowing kiss.
    6_4.jpg
    7_4.jpg

The rest of the date was spent in romantic carefree bliss. The skinny dipped, fooled around in yet another bush and then Percy walked her home and kissed her good night.
    8_4.jpg
    9_3.jpg

When Percy finally got home he found his mom and Charlie sitting around the table talking. Charlie had just got home from his part time job and Summer had just come home from the restaurant. “Guess what?!” Percy said “I asked Mel to marry me and she said yes!” He answered his own question.Summer was so happy for her eldest son and jumped up to hug him. They both congratulated him and then they all sat down together.
    10_4.jpg

Summer thought this was the best time to bring up the very important topic of Percy and Charlies ancestors. “Well boys, I have something pretty heavy to tell you and before I begin I want to say how proud I am of you both and how like your father you are and that I’m sure he is looking down on you with pride in his eyes and joy in his heart…” She continued “So I couldn’t teach you much about your father’s side of the family because I don’t know much about it. But, what I do know is what he told me the night we got married. He was a decedent of a magical race of star people…” she started but then both he boys started to laugh.
    13_4.jpg

“That’s a good one Mom!” Percy said still laughing “Actually boys it’s true. And I have some information you might both be interested in if you’d take me serious for one moment” she said sternly.
    12_3.jpg

Both the boys looked a bit stunned and drew quiet to let her continue.
    Summer told them all about his father and The Starborn magic users he came from. And, that they had a small amount of magic in them as well and that the first born male would be heir and have to continue on with legacy to rebuild their kind on earth.
    11_4.jpg

Percy said “So I just need to have a son and then tell him all this one day so he can continue on and I can’t use any magic I may have?” he asked “yes that’s right” Summer answered. “Well mom thanks for making thing a bit more complicated for me” he said with a cheeky smile “But, I suppose it makes little difference to us in our life except a bit of pressure to reproduce!” Percy and Charlie laugh and shrugged their shoulders and Percy ended the Conversation with “Better you then Me Bro!”
    14_4.jpg

Well they took that rather well don't ya think? Better then I would any ways! Next Chapter a wedding and another secret reveled?

Previous Chapter here!

Or you Can Read from the beginning here!

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 14
    A vow is made

Melody and Percy met at the Jazz lounge in Willow for a date and to make plans for the wedding. “Guess what Percy?” Melody said with excitement. “Go on sweetie” Percy said with curiosity. “I found a beautiful little Tudor house that has everything we need for the wedding and it’s only $1000!” Melody told him. “Oh that’s great Mel. I’ll leave everything to you. I want it to be the wedding of your dreams. After all we’re only going to do this once right!” Percy half joked. “Great I hoped you’d say that!” Melody said excitedly then she dragged him on the dance floor where the mainly just pawed at each other like rabbits in heat…
    22_4.jpg
    24_4.jpg
    25_6.jpg

Charlie turned into a young adult and got a job as an intern at the local hospital. The next morning Summer and the boys sat down for breakfast. When Charlie cleared his throat nervously “Erh umm *cough cough* I wanted to tell you both something and it’s not easy to say.” “What is it Charlie?” Summer asked somewhat suspiciously. “Well you both know I’ve never dated and well it’s because I ummm well I’m not interested in girls…” He finished kind of lamely. Summer looked shocked and kind of angry and Percy just smiled knowingly and was glad Charlie finally had the courage to tell them. “Mom are you disappointed in me?” Charlie asked nervously. Summer’s answer was surprising to him. “Yes I am Charlie!” But, then she continued and he was even more shocked “How could you have so little faith in me to not tell me this sooner?!” They spent the next few hours talking about how wonderful it was Charlie could finally be himself. And, Summer and Percy both hoped he’d find the guy of his dreams one day.
    21_3.jpg

A few days later Summer turned into a feisty elder. She continued with her job at the restaurant so she could leave the boys something after she was gone.
    23_5.jpg

The big day was here and Percy and Melody got married in the garden of an adorable little Tudor house at the edge of town. They were surrounded by their family and friends as they exchanged their vows. Everyone gushed about what a cute couple they were!
    26_5.jpg
    27_4.jpg
    28_5.jpg

The reception was a great time had by all! They ate cake and Percy and Melody performed a dance with their family that wow’ed everyone. (Very theatrical aren’t they!)
    29_4.jpg
    31_5.jpg

At the end of the night Percy and Melody went up to their honeymoon suite. It was the first time for both of them “going all the way” They did have some idea what they were doing though after fooling around in bushes together since they were teens!
    It was a beautiful night they would never forget!
    32_5.jpg
    33_4.jpg

What will married life be like for Percy and Melody? Will Charlie find true love?

Read the previous chapter here!

Or Read from the beginning here!

• Options
    @lisa17ann I admit that I have RP'd story RPs online before. Only we didn't use The Sims to do pictures to help tell the tale, we just wrote like we were writing a novel.

Ugh... now I have to get Vincent working on a kid... doesn't need a wife, just a kid (I'm so such a bad influence). Of course, there's nothing against him striking out and the line going down one of his sibling's lines..... hmmmmm
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    @Cbear13, @lisa17ann and @Chrinnie Thank you for encouragement. I will try how far I can get. :) I just started playing and it's already so fun! Is it okay if I post pictures here too?

@lisa17ann Your pictures are So beautiful! <3 Especialy the one where Percy and Melody kisses in front of sunset!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Thanks so much @Hemera123 :) i love taking pictures its the best part for me...I'm a selfie taker and I'm known as the "auntie paparazzi" in my family. So yeah I looove pictures lol

Of course you are more then welcome to post your pictures here. I'm sure @Cbear13 will even do you a banner if you ask nice cause shes sweet like that. Oh and, dont forget to put your entry form thingy up for your start date and Cbear will archive it for ya :) you know just in case you get to 10! lol

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @Hemera123 Welcome to the Starborn Legacy thread! Can't wait to read your first chapter!!

@lisa7ann Agree with Hemera there. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. And rooting for Percy and Melody.

@Chrinnie Love the ghost Davin 'Dude'. I'm glad he's still hanging around. He's a great character.

@mommataurus2 You are really so organised. So many family members contributing and playing important roles. And that new house is wow!
  • Options
    @Hemera123 of course you can post pictures here to, if you want fill in the legacy starting form and post a picture of your founder and I will happily make you a banner for it.
    You dont have to tell a big story with your legacy if you want to just play and post some pics along the way thats fine its however you want to enjoy it
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    @lisa17ann That's nice nickname! :)
    I admired your banners when I was reading your stories. Those were awesome. <3 I will fill up that entry form tomorrow. Now I should go to sleep. (It's almost tomorrow already in my time zone. :D )
  • Options
    Thanks @popettypop2012 :)

Its late for me too @Hemera123 *rubs my eyes sleepily * :(

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Loving your story @lisa17ann
    and @mommataurus2 your home is huge! what generation are you on now ?
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Thanks @Liziann1 :)

• Options
    @popettypop2012 Thank you. :)

@Cbear13 That would be awesome! Thank you so much. <3 I will think how I want to tell my legacy. I have some ideas for a story but let see what happens..
  • Options
    MarkHarris17MarkHarris17 Posts: 537 Member
    Im kind of frustrated as I just wrote my story and apparently it needs to be approved it so I don't know if it will show up or not
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis
    Hunger Games Modeling Comp
    [img][/img]ezgif.com-gif-maker_zpsjrmqrvoc.gif
    Last one made by me [my handwriting is bad on computers!]
    Thanks to the talented @Cbear13 for making these!

• Options
    Im kind of frustrated as I just wrote my story and apparently it needs to be approved it so I don't know if it will show up or not

That's a forum glitch. Cut and paste your story from now on so that if that happens you can repaste it. Sorry that that happened to you.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    MarkHarris17MarkHarris17 Posts: 537 Member
    @mommataurus2 So... I have to rewrite it?
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis
    Hunger Games Modeling Comp
    [img][/img]ezgif.com-gif-maker_zpsjrmqrvoc.gif
    Last one made by me [my handwriting is bad on computers!]
    Thanks to the talented @Cbear13 for making these!

• Options
    Aww @mommataurus2 poor Azalea see this is where it drives people to the dark magic lol, but how cute that Nova came to her. Love how your story is going so many twists.
    Oh Chloe is cute and wow and adoption.

Wow at the new modern house, love the design momma

@Chrinnie oh bought a tear to my eye Davin standing over his tombstone sad cause he couldnt hug his children again.

@lisa17ann aww how cute he went and asked for her dads permission, and how gorgeous is that first picture in chapter 13 with the sunlight. And omg what a proposal mine seem so dull now haha.
    Omg Charlie is gay no wonder I havent seen him looking at girls lolz and love the wedding photos, lol i laughed so hard at the dancing picture
  • Options
    @MarkHarris17 yeah sorry you will have to rewrite it, I actually write my story on a word document so that I dont lose it then paste it on here and add pictures, make sure when adding the pictures you are using the direct link and the attach image button as that can cause the glitch if its some other kind of link