Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    BobbiBlue23BobbiBlue23 Posts: 119 Member
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

Username: BobbiBlue23
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Ambrose Legacy
    Current site URL: https://theambroselegacyblog.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860539/the-ambrose-legacy/p1
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Visit the Ambrose Legacy blog here: https://theambroselegacyblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thanks so much, @BobbiBlue23 ! Your site has been added to the Index, and all your updates from within the last month have been added automatically to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Your updates will continue to be featured in that section as they come out. Thanks for adding your site to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    jmpintxjmpintx Posts: 548 Member

Username: Jmpintx

Website/Blog/Channel name: Sims 3 Post in fourms

Current site URL:* forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803265/the-nektar-legacy-newly-update-chapter-43-12-21-2015/p1

Sims games featured:* Sims 3

Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, and maybe sometimes on hiatus,) All the above

Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): The Nektar Legacy

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes I understand

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes I got it.

and I think I filled this out right. and posted it in the right section.
    SIMS STORIES HERE
    Raven Hill Productions
  • Options
    Thanks @jmpintx ! Your story has been added to the Index, and any updates from within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the front page. Future updates will be added to the Monthly Site Updates listing as they come out! Thanks for joining the Index! (I think you get the award for fasted person to put in a submission form after me sending them a PM, hahaha!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Username: Maladi777
    Blog name: The Heffner Legacy
    Current site URL: http://maladi.weebly.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: weekly/irregular
    Additional information: The Heffner Legacy, not strictly following all challenge rules where the story requires
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Maladi777 ! Your site has been added to the Index, and all updates you've had within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. I will continue to add your updates to the Monthly Site Updates as they come out! Thanks for joining the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    The Monthly Site Updates is up-to-date! A lot of great stories updated today, woo, busy Monday! Check it out!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

New Entry Form:
    * denotes a mandatory field

Username: Sterretjeee
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy
    Current site URL:*forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866132/grace-a-build-newcrest-legacy-challenge-update-12-21#latest
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4 and all packs available yet.
    Update schedule:* (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, irregular, completed, on hiatus, incomplete/no longer updates, etc) Irregular
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc):/
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:*
    Yes
  • Options
    Thanks so much, @Sterretjeee ! Your site is now listed in the Index, and all your updates are in the Monthly Site Updates listing on the front page of this thread. All future updates you make will be listed there as they come out! Welcome to Stories and Legacies Index, great to have you! ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Username: ewright9
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Snowie's YouTube Channel
    Current site URL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRW0sEpmMbs7KMiIrGHLglg
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4 (Various challenges, let's plays, speed builds, and CAS videos)
    Update schedule: Weekly/Daily (approximately 3-4 videos released per week)
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): Featured playlists: The Sims 4 History Challenge, The Sims 4 Children of the Cowplant Challenge, Let's play the Sims 4 Get Together
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member

forms.jpg

New Entry Form:

Username:Spacey72659
    Website/Blog/Channel name:Spacey Sims
    Current site URL:https://youtube.com/channel/SpaceySims
    Update schedule: Daily
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): I do different legacy and challenge LP's. Sometimes speed builds or CAS videos.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:Yes
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about this folks, but I'm getting "Your comment is awaiting approval" errors so badly that the Index is beyond repair. I've been trying all night, and it just keeps eating my posts. I have no idea what is wrong, as I have no broken code, and it's even doing it on posts with extremely minimal links!

The good news is, as I've stated before, I actually "write" the Index entirely off-site, so all the data is completely safe! I can move (again), it would just be a matter of remapping links at that point. It just frustrates me, because I *just* redid the Index a month ago... and this time it isn't even my own fault, it's the forum's fault! Makes me want to host off-site, but the whole point was to have a resource for EA forum members to use, so I'm extremely upset about this. Looks like I'll be building yet another Index... and even then, I don't know if it'll let me do what I need to do, or continue to treat my posts like "spam" (which is what the "Your post is awaiting approval" error is all about... being caught by the spam filter, for whatever reason.

For those of you that submitted entries today, I will make sure to enter your data once I get a working Index again on a new thread, I promise! I'll keep you updated.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

New Entry Form:

Username:BBQPenguinWings

Website/Blog/Channel name: A Penguin's Adventure in Simming

Current site URL: https://bbqpenguinwingstrish.wordpress.com

Update schedule: irregular

Additional information: My main stories are my Knight Legacy , GTW:Vignettes (which is 5 stories/families), short stories, and my newest Dance! Windenburg
    Forum links:
    Knights - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/836713/the-knight-legacy-updated-7-29-15/p1

Vignettes - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/836718/gtw-vignettes-ep-10-11-a-detectives-life-8-27-15/p1

Dance! - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866155/dance-windenburg-coming-soon-meet-the-characters?new=1

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:
    Yes

• Options
    Due to "your post is awaiting approval" errors trying to edit posts on this thread, the Stories and Legacies Archive is beyond repair. Please rest assured that all data is backed up externally -- I write 100% of the Index on a Notepad file first! The problem is, even when I try to set up a new thread, the site refuses to let me copy this data back in -- I continue to get the "your post is awaiting approval" errors, so I cannot "rebuild" the Index. I am uncertain what to do at this point in time. I have put too much work into building this up to call it quits, but it seems that EA's forums' programming is such it doesn't want to let me edit and add links anymore... which is a bit of a problem. And I know moving the Index to an external site, it isn't going to get any use. This has left me in a bit of a quandary. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here in the interim.

@ewright9 , @Spacey72659 , and @BBQPenguinWings , your information has been added to my "external" Notepad version of the Index, so once I figure out a solution to this whole fiasco, you will be in version 3.0 (hopefully there will be a version 3.0!)

And for everyone else, I will continue to monitor updates and keep them on my Notepad Index, so that, again, if I can figure out a way to re-launch the Index, it will be "up to date" at that point! So no one needs to worry there!

In the meantime, suggestions about where to move forward from here would be appreciated! This place certainly means a lot to me, and I'd like to think it means a lot to the SimLit community, as well.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @mastressalita Try to contact simGuruDrake about the issue. I know someone who couldn't post anything anymore due to this bug and she fixed it for her. Hope it helps :( It would be sad to see the index go
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Due to "your post is awaiting approval" errors trying to edit posts on this thread, the Stories and Legacies Archive is beyond repair. Please rest assured that all data is backed up externally -- I write 100% of the Index on a Notepad file first! The problem is, even when I try to set up a new thread, the site refuses to let me copy this data back in -- I continue to get the "your post is awaiting approval" errors, so I cannot "rebuild" the Index. I am uncertain what to do at this point in time. I have put too much work into building this up to call it quits, but it seems that EA's forums' programming is such it doesn't want to let me edit and add links anymore... which is a bit of a problem. And I know moving the Index to an external site, it isn't going to get any use. This has left me in a bit of a quandary. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here in the interim.

@ewright9 , @Spacey72659 , and @BBQPenguinWings , your information has been added to my "external" Notepad version of the Index, so once I figure out a solution to this whole fiasco, you will be in version 3.0 (hopefully there will be a version 3.0!)

And for everyone else, I will continue to monitor updates and keep them on my Notepad Index, so that, again, if I can figure out a way to re-launch the Index, it will be "up to date" at that point! So no one needs to worry there!

In the meantime, suggestions about where to move forward from here would be appreciated! This place certainly means a lot to me, and I'd like to think it means a lot to the SimLit community, as well.

@mastressalita I've dealt with this issue before. If you've got everything copied and elsewhere for safe keeping then try editing the problematic post but only adding a little bit at a time until you eventually have the whole thing. I had to do this with my top post for my "Unequivocally us" thread and it was annoying and argumentative but eventually got updated properly and I haven't had any issues since.
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 : I tagged SimGuruDrake from a thread I found in the forum troubleshooting forum, not sure if they will see it or not. I was uncertain if PMing Gurus is considering "kosher" or not. I've definitely found any other threads in that forum of other folks that lost threads/work to this issue... seems its been pretty ongoing, persistent, and hasn't had any decent resolution yet, which doesn't seem to bode well. But I am certainly trying to get ahold of them! (If PMing Gurus *is* allowed, then I will do that as well... I just don't want to do anything that could get me in potentional trouble!)

@AuroraLockwood : Ah, I did try that! On a fresh, new thread even. I'd always hit a point somewhere in the import where it would eat my posts and I'd start going through my "reserve" spaces like water. It's as if they've changed the link-posting policies within the space of a few hours or something, so now I'm Spammer Enemy Number One, because my posts are, well, link-heavy by nature. Even though they aren't spam at all, but an important tool/resource for the Sim community. So I'm really not sure what to do about it, since the forum itself is not letting me rebuild even though I've got all the data right here. And even if by some Christmas miracle today it decided to like it again and let me get all the data back up... for how long? What if I try to edit and add one new submission tomorrow and it deletes the entire post to that error yet again? That would always be a constant worry in the back of my mind at this point after this, I'm afraid. -_-;; I have to make edits a lot! It's simply the nature of this kind of thread.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @mastressalita perhaps try limiting your updating to once a week.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    @mastressalita of course PM'ing gurus is allowed :D I did it to get my nickname changed

ETA: well probably not message them randomly but I'm pretty sure this kind of issue is a good reason
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 : Aah. Alright then. PM sent. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    So, some good news, folks! I PMed SimGuruDrake, and have been told I should be able to rebuild the Index! The front page needs a lot of work at the moment to get it back to where it was before the Meteor Strike hit yesterday, but, as I stated, I do have an external backup of all data, so as long as I can edit without having to worry about the approval errors (which according to the Guru I should be able to do now) I should be able to rebuild it tonight!

Guys, thank you all so much for making this place successful. This place has 170 entries because you guys are out there writing, reading, Simming, and being awesome! I actually have great plans for 2016 to highlight each and every one of you great people's awesome sites -- I'll be unveiling that in the weeks to come! -- so after I get past this little roadbump, we'll get there.

Happy holidays to you all! (And feel free to keep those submissions rolling in!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username:* amberthezombie
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* The Story Of A Legacy
    Current site URL:* https://thestoryofalegacywordpresscom.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4
    Update schedule:* Irregular (as often as I can, at least once a week mostly.)
    Additional information: There is a page linking to my other stories, although I'll post another entry form for each of them. Update page: here.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited December 2015
    New Entry Form:

Username: xoxk9
    Website/Blog/Channel name:
    Current site URL: Here
    Sims games featured: Sims 1, Sims 2 & Sims 3 (eventually Sims 4)
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): In Another Life Series. Here you follow one sim in her alternative lives in Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.

I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

Great Index! :)
  • Options
    amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username:* amberthezombie
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* The Queen Random Legacy
    Current site URL:* https://thequeenlegacywordpresscom.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4
    Additional information: Forum Thread
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @amberthezombie I love your profile picture. So pretty. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges