Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    Thank you, yours is beautiful <3
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @amberthezombie Thank you. ^-^ <3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    New Entry Form:

Username: amberthezombie
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Tribe Levine Amazon Story
    Current site URL: https://tribelevineamazonchallengewordpresscom.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information: Forum Thread
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Username: SweetieKaye
    Website/Blog/Channel name:The Sims Forum (this one)
    Current site URL: Ophelia's Story
    Sims games featured: The Sims 2
    Update schedule: Irregular, though I plan to start again after New Year's. I can't say what the schedule will be then, however.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Gia1313Gia1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Username: Gia1313
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Shore Legacy
    Current site URL: theshorelegacy.wordpress.com
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: Usually weekly
    Additional information: Updates are announced here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/773574/the-shore-legacy-a-legacy-centered-around-the-island-paradise-ep-updated-chapter-3-12
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: YES
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: YES

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited December 2015
    Alright folks, I am happy to announce that the Stories and Legacies Index is now 100% restored! Everything is back from the backup file, and I've gathered up all the Monthly Site Updates for yesterday and today so everything is back up to date!

We now have enough Index members (179 at my last count!) that the updates are now onto their fourth post, and sites starting with the letter "S" (obviously rather popular when "Sims" are involved) have their own section now since the Index needed a little growth room, too. The good news is SimGuruDrake was able to restore all my *reserved* posts too, so I don't have to feel so tight on space! There is life in the ol' girl yet, and she's looking even better than she did before.

We've just unlocked the "Survived the Meteor Strike" badge!
    badge_meteor.png
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @ewright9 , @Spacey72659 , and @Xoxk9 : Thank you so much for adding your YouTube channels! I've really been wanting to increase the amount of video content in the Index, and I really hope more will follow suit! All of your sites have been added to the Index, and any videos you've posted within the last month (that are part of LP/challenge/story-related series) have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread!

@ewright9 : I love Cowplants and am intrigued by your challenge, I definitely want to check it out. ^_^

@Spacey72659 : Oh man, a Time Lord Challenge and a My Little Pony LP? I hit subscribe so fast. (Okay, so I always subscribe to any YouTubers that join my Index, but... that's beside the point! Two of my favorite TV shows evar! <3 )

@X0xk9 : I love the idea behind your In Another Life series... and I love that you play older Sims games! In fact... you are our very first contributor of a Sims 1 story! You know what that means, guys... Badge time!
    badge_allver.png

This thread has just unlocked the "Sims of All Versions" badge! SWEET!

@BBQPenguinWings : Waaaaaai, Christmas came early! This Baby-P fangirl has been hoping you'd join the Index for a long time! Sorry it had to happen right when the meteor decided to strike my thread, but I have your site added to the newly re-built Index and all your updates from within the last month added into the Monthly Site Updates section!

@amberthezombie : Thank you so much for contributing not one, but three stories! Amazing! All three of your works have been added to the Index, and any updates you've had within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page!

@SweetieKaye : Wooooo, another Sims 2 entry! We don't have many of those so I get so excited when those are added to the Index! Thank you so very much! Your story has been added to the Index listing! I'm looking forward to those new updates for the new year! ^_^

@Gia1313 : Thank you for submitting your story! I noticed you have a character named Cora in it... the main character in one of my stories is named Cora, so that name jumped right off the page at me when I went to your site to grab your most recent update links, hahaha! Now I feel like we have some sort of strange connection. ^_^ Your site has been added to the Index and any updates you've had within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread!

@ra3rei : Since you've recently reorganized your site, I tried to make sure I got all the links updated accordingly (though I didn't add any of the stories that still had "coming soon" links). You may want to check over your entry and just make sure I didn't flub anything up!

@sandybeachgirl and @sweetnightingale : I'm so happy to see that you've both updated stories that you haven't updated in a while! What a lovely Christmas present! I've automatically moved those titles from the Archives back into the Index. ^_^
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    @amberthezombie : Thank you so much for contributing not one, but three stories! Amazing! All three of your works have been added to the Index, and any updates you've had within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page!

Your welcome :smile: Glad the site is all back to normal now. I have another story that I'm working on but I'm waiting to submit it until I've got all the site settings right ect
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    @mastressalita awww thank you! Baby P loves having fans! I thought I was the one who broke everything lol. I am so glad you got it fixed. See, the gurus are great :)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @mastressalita Awww thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    Bet you thought I wouldn't update the Index cause it's the holidays! Hahahaha! Actually I had the Monthly Site Updates done sooner, I just failed to announce it cause I was in Sims 3 land working on Christmas cards. Oops. >_>
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    XD Thank you, Mastress, for everything you do to keep this thread running. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited December 2015
    Username: SilverDaybreak (Silver for short)
    Blog: STORYTIME WITH SILVER
    Current site URL:* https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 2, 3, 4.
    Update schedule: Am trying to have a legacy story updated every other day or once I've finished visiting one of my families and get the update written.

Current Legacies: 1. Aussie Accents 2. Celtic Heritage (Semi-retired) 3. Chronicles of Change 4. Golden Gate Medical Center
    (all have links on blog) 5. Hawaiian Roots 6. Hoosier Highlanders 7. SCIS Crime Division 8. SCIS Scientists
    9. Texan Trails 12. Valley Venues 13: Active Woods (soon to me added)

If you need anything more or have questions, Mastress let me know.
  • Options
    Yay, @SilverDaybreak has added her site! Your site is now listed in the Index and all your updates from within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. <3
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Merry Christmas, everyone! (Still 30 more minutes here until it is officially not Christmas). Monthly Site Updates have been updated with all those tenacious authors that kept the posts coming out even on the holiday, so enjoy!

Also, I have a little holiday card for you all. Thank each and every one of you for supporting the Stories and Legacies Index and adding your sites! You guys make this place work! I'm so thankful to have this lovely community of supportive Sim story authors around, doing all the awesome things you do. Keep on Simmin, keep on writin', keep on readin', be merry and enjoy your holiday!

ChristmasCard2015-Forum.jpg
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    pixalqueenpixalqueen Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2015
    New Entry Form

Username: pixalqueen
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Pollak Legacy
    Current site URL: https://pollaklegacy.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Ever other day
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): Currently no, it's a work in progress that won't be published for awhile

• Options
    Thank you, @pixalqueen ! Your site has been added to the Index, and your premier part has been put in the Monthly Site Updates section on the front page! All future updates will be futured in the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread as they are released! Thanks for joining the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    prelec93prelec93 Posts: 82 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username: lecpre
    Website/Blog/Channel name: TheSimsTV
    Current site URL: www.thesimstv.com
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: When Big Brother is airing 3 times a week, other shows once a week
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): Big Brother's first season was completed (20 episodes + 1 bonus pre-series episode); Big Brother's second season is under production and currently airing is a teen drama series - Sunset Hills... Also planned is a supernatural series called Sentinel.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: YES
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: YES
    Creator of TheSimsTV, a fictional broadcasting channel specializing in shows and movies created with The Sims 4.
    2358.jpeg?1450276056135
    Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook for more info!
  • Options
    Thanks, @prelec93 ! Your site is now listed in the Index and any episodes that aired within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Any future episodes will be featured there as they air!

I've been really wanting more TV show/reality TV/interactive game show type stories added to the Index and have been having a hard time getting the authors of these type of stories to add their sites, so this was a very welcome surprise! Thank you so much! I also love the layout of your site, it really does look like one of those online "streaming TV" sites!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    prelec93prelec93 Posts: 82 Member
    @mastressalita Thank you so much! Do I have to notify you when the new episode is out or? All the episodes do appear on my front page as I release them but seeing as you're working with a massive amount of sites and shows I'm just wondering how much help do you need from me with this? :mrgreen:

Awww, that's so sweet! Big Brother was my first project as it was something people might be familiar with and it's always hard to get started and finding readers who care. But it's been a success in my eyes and I'm glad to continue working on it and other projects I think of.

And thanks so much about that layout comment. I'm a graphic designer and I've designed the site so it really hit the spot as that was what I was going for! :P Thanks so much for giving us, the writers, a chance to advertise ourselves a bit in here and for keeping such a massive index for sims-created shows and stories! You're one of a kind!
    Creator of TheSimsTV, a fictional broadcasting channel specializing in shows and movies created with The Sims 4.
    2358.jpeg?1450276056135
    Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook for more info!
  • Options
    @prelec93 : You can get in-depth information about how I maintain the Monthly Site Updates from this post. Your site actually falls into category a) on that post:
    a) Any story that is hosted on Wordpress (where chapters are posted as "new posts" rather than "new pages"), Blogger, or the EA forums will send me an alert automatically of new chapters via Wordpress Reader, Blogger Reading List, or the EA forum notifications. If you use one these three hosts, chances are I will find out about your update in a timely manner without you having to so much as lift a finger! This is how I get update news for the vast majority of the index, since most stories are using Wordpress, Blogger, or these forums as their host.

Basically, your new parts will appear in my Wordpress Reader, so you don't have to do anything. ^_^ I have about 90% of the Index automated these days, and a very small amount of sites that I have to manually check every night!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates are updated for the evening! Enjoy all that lovely new content these authors work so hard to get out there for your reading pleasure!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    So, I am finally going to unveil the little project for 2016 I've been working on! It is called the Weekly Reading Roundup -- this sister thread to the Stories and Legacies Index is part of my 2016 New Year's Resolution to do more reading... starting with this very index! Each week, I plan to sample (note the word sample -- I cannot read each work in full!) several works that are registered here, and do a little write-up at the end of the week where I talk about the different stories I read! I plan to do these weekly write-ups around a theme, and if you visit the thread, you can actually see what I currently have planned for the month of January, so if you'd like to make suggestions, you can do so on the Weekly Reading Roundup thread (just remember, I will only be sampling stories that are registered here with the Stories and Legacies Index, so even if you do know of a great story that fits one of my scheduled themes, if they aren't listed here, I won't be sampling their works. The ocean of Sim writings is just so vast I am limiting myself to the pond that is this Index!)

Want to make sure you get featured for Weekly Reading Roundup? Don't worry, if your site is listed here, I should end up looking at it at some point! That is my goal! If your site isn't listed here and you would like to be featured on Weekly Reading Roundup, then by all means, feel free to submit your site here at the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    Username: OhRenSims
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Ren Plays The Sims
    Current site URL: http://www.renplaysthesims.wordpress.com
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): Forum Thread
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @OhRenSims ! Your site is now listed in the index, and any updates you've had within the last month are now in the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Any future updates will be listed there as they are released!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg