Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match vs. Realistic Custom Content?

Comments

• Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I will go with realistic CC, I love Maxis Match CC and Maxis Match Hair better because I can edit them better, but the realistic hairs look so beautiful and I definetly prefer clothes which look like real clothes :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    EarthlikeEarthlike Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm a mixture, I go for Maxis Match hair but Realistic clothes and makeup?
  • Options
    ChilldaffodilChilldaffodil Posts: 1 New Member
    i prefer the maxis match ones,the realistic creeps me out,like its not the sims,no offense to the people prefer the realistic ones.
  • Options
    PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    Some CC in my opinion are way to realistic and do not match the world. So Maxis match is my fave.
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • Options
    dlaremedlareme Posts: 20 Member
    I personally prefer Maxis Match, mainly because Alpha (realistic) makes my game super laggy and sometimes even breaks it. Also, I like the aesthetic of MM.
  • Options
    islalikessimsislalikessims Posts: 7 New Member
    I really like maxis match because it just suits the game so much.
  • Options
    TehCrazySimmerTehCrazySimmer Posts: 22 New Member
    In my opinion, I love Alpha cc. (Realistic) Yes it does stand out, but it makes the game a bit different! Although I have been using MM (Maxis Match) In the beginning of my simmer career, I use to absolutely adore it! But then when I saw that Ts4 didn't have some hairstyles that I didnt want, or clothes, etc. I went out searching for CC. The first thing I found was alpha hair. I though it looked good and realistic for Ts4 and thought that it needed a change. Maybe if I had seen MM hair first I would be writing the exact opposite of what Im writing here. :D :D :D
  • Options
    AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    I use both but I tend to prefer the more realistic hair since I don't really like the "clay-hair" style in TS4. Their decision to change the hair was major and of course everyone has different opinions on it, though I don't always pick the most realistic hair for my sims either.
  • Options
    LilacxLilacx Posts: 76 Member
    I always use realistic CC. I just prefer my sims to look more realistic.
  • Options
    HotGamer2121HotGamer2121 Posts: 1 New Member
    Alpha/ realistic - Hair, facial hair.
    Maxis match - eyes, brows, facial hair, shirts, pants, accessory's, and shoes
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I use Maxis Match if I use CC at all- easier for my computer to handle. I mainly use hairstyles.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    SapphireSimsSapphireSims Posts: 2 New Member
    I like both! I feel realistic looks good in CAS and is effective in creating real life people such as celebrities as a bit of fun but in game it doesn't look as good or blend in with the game's graphics. I like the cartoony nature of Maxis Match because it's a video game and I like to keep the overall aesthetic of it's original design :smile:
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Maxis Match all the way. I was not a fan of the cartoon style of Sims 4 at first but it has grown on me. Now I think it fits the quirky sims perfectly.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Maxis Match CC for me. I don't like how alpha cc doesn't match up with the rest of the game. I will let a couple of alpha hairs slide though.
    I wish maxis match cc was as versatile as alpha cc cause there are certain hairstyles that won't look as good when they're in clay.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I do t use CC, mainly because whenever I see sims with CC they look off to me. So, I guess if I did use CC it would be Maxis match.
  • Options
    LyphaniaLyphania Posts: 3 New Member
    While I like both, I feel that realistic hair turns Sims into a barbie doll-up game.
    If you look at screenshots full of realistic CC, it doesn't even look like "The Sims" anymore. Instead it looks like IMVU or Second Life.

The temptation is big to download such content, but I am trying not to do so (anymore).
    When I started downloading CC in Sims 3 and 4, I spent most of my time just creating Sims and downloading content instead of actually playing the sims I created. I was often still not content with how my Sims looked or I got bored of them very quickly.

But when I play Sims 2? I don't even feel the need to download any CC. I finish creating my sims within minutes and am happy with them. I can't really explain why, though...
  • Options
    candz123candz123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I like both and don't have a problem with either. I want to start a youtube series and I am scared to add realistic because some people HATE it. I don't know what is the best for every viewer.
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Maxis Match, but I some alpha items are still great. I have to have eyelashes and male body hair in the game, and they don't really match the style all that much, but I love them.
  • Options
    vanilleonsimsvanilleonsims Posts: 40 Member
    I use alpha, I do understand the appeal behind maxis match though and wanting to have everything match, but it doesn't bother me too much how my sims don't match the townies. I personally am just not a fan of the clay look.
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I used to play with alpha only but my game started bugging out really bad and it looked horrid on the randomly-generated townies. Maxis match is much nicer imo because it matches everything else, though I do really like a perfect mix between the two, like skin overlays that aren't super bland and they're just a bit realistic, but still seem to match the original game. I also love using eyelashes.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Shinzen wrote: »
    I used to play with alpha only but my game started bugging out really bad and it looked horrid on the randomly-generated townies. Maxis match is much nicer imo because it matches everything else, though I do really like a perfect mix between the two, like skin overlays that aren't super bland and they're just a bit realistic, but still seem to match the original game. I also love using eyelashes.

You can use one of the Sims 4 Studio batch fixes to prevent random townies from wearing CC.
  • Options
    brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    I really love both. I find the maxis match stuff doesn't break my game as much and actually works. There have been too many times the cc hair I've loved which looked amazing in CAS, looks completely different during gameplay. The creators are all amazing and I applaud them but I think I would need to update my graphics card for the realistic stuff to work.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hair should absolutely be maxis-match in my game, though I'm really not as picky with the clothing. Then again I also don't download a lot of clothing, besides accessories.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    I prefer Maxis Match plus I'm not sure I could have much Alpha/Realistic CC on my computer. I like Maxis Match as it blends well with the general vibe of Sims 4. I have a few more detailed pieces of furniture CC which IIRC were described by their creator as more detailed than Maxis Match but not quite alpha and I do really like those pieces in my game.
  • Options
    jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    I actually prefer the Maxis Match. I never have any issues with it. Sometimes when i download realistic hairstyles, when i zoom out i get those awful bold blonde streaks and i know that has something to do with the quality. I think Maxis Match is cuter and looks more like.. well a game! I'm not the type of person who aims to have my sims games look as real as possible.