Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match vs. Realistic Custom Content?

Comments

• MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    When I played sims 2 I couldn't have cared less what kind of cc I used, but now I only use Maxis match. It not only matches everything else nicer, but I also just find it more aesthetically pleasing. The only more realistic cc I use are Kijiko's eyelashes.
  • MLDesignMLDesign Posts: 53 Member
    I have very little CC in my game and they are all CAS. I don't like going overboard. I think it makes them look too real....idk. I just use a few articles of clothing, 1 set of eyelashes, 1 set of eyebrows....and maybe freckles and such but thats it. I don't try to make them as real as possible. I like to recolor items to get what I want instead...
    signature.jpg?psid=1&width=450&height=102

YouTube Channel: MLDesignTV
  • AesthequesAestheques Posts: 36 Member
    I love realistic CC, but my game settings are pretty high so I guess that's why I never experience any bugs with them? I don't know. But, for children & elders I like Maxis-Match CC. Most of the time I have to use Maxis-Match for children & toddlers (since it's hard to find Alpha kid's hair cc), so I've started to like those. Idk :#
    Uo421al.gif
  • GooeyLilBoiGooeyLilBoi Posts: 5 New Member
    Honestly? I prefer maxis match. I use them both from time to time, but alpha cc looks super weird in the sims 4. It would look great in the sims 3, but since the sims 4 has a more cartoony style to it, it doesn't work. I can barely find any maxis match cc out there. Alpha makeup and eyelashes are cool for me, but overall, everything else must be maxis match in order for me to download it. Same thing with furniture.
    > @GooeyLilBoi said:
    > Honestly? I prefer maxis match. I use them both from time to time, but alpha cc looks super weird in the sims 4. It would look great in the sims 3, but since the sims 4 has a more cartoony style to it, it doesn't work. I can barely find any maxis match cc out there. Alpha makeup and eyelashes are cool for me, but overall, everything else must be maxis match in order for me to download it. Same thing with furniture.

shorte.st and adfly are both 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sites btw.
    > @GooeyLilBoi said:
    > > @GooeyLilBoi said:
    > > Honestly? I prefer maxis match. I use them both from time to time, but alpha cc looks super weird in the sims 4. It would look great in the sims 3, but since the sims 4 has a more cartoony style to it, it doesn't work. I can barely find any maxis match cc out there. Alpha makeup and eyelashes are cool for me, but overall, everything else must be maxis match in order for me to download it. Same thing with furniture.
    >
    > shorte.st and adfly are both dumb sites btw.
  • americanamelieamericanamelie Posts: 36 Member
    I prefer realistic by far but I don't mind the mixed and matched amongst the town either.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I really like both, and some of the hairs available for alpha hairs (realistic as you say) are gorgeous, but I tend to download Maxis Match where available. My only issue is that I have never been a huge fan of pastel colors and most cc creators that I've found like to create in pastels for Maxis Match. There's nothing wrong with them. They are gorgeous. Just not my style. Wish I was better at meshing and designing so that I could just make my own but I figure if I wouldn't play with my own custom content in game no one else would want to either!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    I will only download Maxis Match cc. Like others have said, I don't like it when the cc style clashes with the rest of the game, it really breaks my immersion. That being said, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate how pretty well-made realistic cc can be. :) It's just not for me!
  • grotesqu3grotesqu3 Posts: 3 New Member
    I got back into Sims 4 PC recently and my current Mods folder is a healthy mix of both, I think. :)

Back in 2015, I would always use Alpha hair. I wasn't a fan of Maxis' cartoonish look, but now I feel it's grown on me a lot! I only use MM or clayified hairs for my sims. Howeverrrr, I do not like MM clothes or objects. So I tend to stick to Alpha furniture and clothes (that's the hill I will die on.. especially with those beautiful comforters!!).

MM is definitely better when you want sims who look like they belong in that world. Personally, I cull all townies except for a select few so I usually don't have this problem. I also use a reshade... so maybe that helps? :smiley:
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    I would have to go with Maxis-Match. I have very few pieces of realistic (I'd say about 3 lol), and most realistic custom-content doesn't fit in! Maxis match really fits in and can match with most things. That's my main cc, I guess.
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • Jj216Jj216 Posts: 17 New Member
    I use everything. Those in here saying realistic doesn't fit in with the game probably don't edit sims. There's a misconception that realistic cc makes sims overly standout in the game but that isn't the case if you edit sims. I can make a maxis match sim and a 'realistic' sim look like they belong in the same world easily.
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    the big bummer for me on Sims 4 were the Telescope and the Microscopy - they are giant... i mean the microscopy does not make any sense at all... but thanks God we can mod it... i think i will do a microscopy myself on blender eventually (even thou i know there is prb a lot good ones out there already)... hum, actually someone already check a link to a small, realistic, cool Microscopy? could i get it?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I prefer maxis match any day, as long as alpha hairs not making my sim like a ken doll is fine.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    MEP199 wrote: »
    When I played sims 2 I couldn't have cared less what kind of cc I used, but now I only use Maxis match. It not only matches everything else nicer, but I also just find it more aesthetically pleasing. The only more realistic cc I use are Kijiko's eyelashes.

Exactly! I even remember downloading super realistic SATC (not sure if you are allowed to spell the name here :D ) characters for Sims 2. But now I can't stand anything that doesn't match my game. So I definitely prefer maxis match. Plus I really enjoy the style of TS4.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2019
    I actually use both. All my hair is Maxis Match but I have a lot of outfits that look somewhere between MM and Alpha. Mostly the toddler ones because if I find something cute (and most of toddler CC is cute) I honestly don't care if it's slightly more Alpha that usual.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maxis Match. Alpha CC just makes everyone look plastic and doll like. Ew.
  • DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    I, personally, like Maxis Match cc more, because the realistic cc (Alpha) tends to mess up my game, and it doesn't look great on the sims. It also tends to interfere with my Maxis Match cc, and causes weird things to happen. I have only around 10 alpha cc, and I'm thinking of getting rid of it.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    Maxis Match. Alpha CC just makes everyone look plastic and doll like. Ew.

thats because you are using horrible 'alpha' prb... if you look ALL the greatest content creators and sims 4 artists, most of them use 'alpha'
  • Mjs926Mjs926 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I got the game went it went free for a few days. I didn’t have storage on my computer so I put the game to download on a external drive after playing the base game for a while I downloaded some maxis match cc. I’ve opened and closed the game, made sure it was in my mods folder and tried deleting my mods folder and getting the cc back and I’ve enabled it in game but I don’t know why it won’t work!! Someone help !
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Maxis Match for Sims 4 (plus Kijiko's eyelashes) and realistic/alpha for Sims 2.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Mjs926 wrote: »
    Hi, I got the game went it went free for a few days. I didn’t have storage on my computer so I put the game to download on a external drive after playing the base game for a while I downloaded some maxis match cc. I’ve opened and closed the game, made sure it was in my mods folder and tried deleting my mods folder and getting the cc back and I’ve enabled it in game but I don’t know why it won’t work!! Someone help !

The game may have trouble recognizing the CC because your game is on an external drive. @rosemow can you please help?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Mjs926 wrote: »

The game may have trouble recognizing the CC because your game is on an external drive. @rosemow can you please help?

Hello @Mjs926
    It is advised to not run the game on an external drive as it can cause game issues. It would be best to play the game on a computer with more storage or have the game on another interior hard drive.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I prefer Maxis Match CC. I like the cartoon style and it blends in nicely with the game aesthetic.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Maxis Match. Alpha just looks weird in the game and sticks out way too much. I didn't really like that look in Sims 3.