Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match vs. Realistic Custom Content?

124...Next

Comments

• gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    the Sims 3 was a horrible game, terrible coding.. i skip from Sims 2 to Sims 4
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    Jj216 wrote: »
    I use everything. Those in here saying realistic doesn't fit in with the game probably don't edit sims. There's a misconception that realistic cc makes sims overly standout in the game but that isn't the case if you edit sims. I can make a maxis match sim and a 'realistic' sim look like they belong in the same world easily.

It's not just the sim; but clashes with all the other sims and the world itself unless you redo everything and hair and stuff often looks kind of weird. They look alright in cas but awful in game (even in Sims 4 Studio when check the hair, it looks weird).

Also, it just not my personal taste and found a lot of cc to look kind of tacky, so I want everything to match and work together without clashing. Some clothing might be o.k.; but prefer for it not to go too overboard and not all clothing looks right either in game. Leather and PVC clothing I don't mind as it actually works well. Some maxis matches look leathery.
  • VileplantVileplant Posts: 4 New Member
    I prefer Maxis, it just seems a little more suiting with the game. Also beside the fact that i don't like my characters to look too realistic.
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    I prefer maxis match or maxis mix. But I download alpha by some creators - I just never end up using it. When I recolor game content, I try to choose patterns and colors that would work well with the game.
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    I prefer maxis match or maxis mix. But I download alpha by some creators - I just never end up using it. When I recolor game content, I try to choose patterns and colors that would work well with the game.
  • XannWhitefireXannWhitefire Posts: 12 New Member
    I use both, I go for realistic on skins and hair but i found the clothes are very hit and miss in the way they fit the sims especially if they have a different body type than the creator made them for.
  • StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    I personally perfer Maxis Match custom content, because I like cartoony things. I also perfer is because there are so many cartoony actions, walk cycles, and deaths (laughing to death, anyone??) that realistic Sims would just look out of place in. Also, yu'd have to download a TON of realistic things for, lets say, a realistic skin to work. It's not worth the time downloading hairs and eyes and stuff just so one thing matches.
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • EmschmemEmschmem Posts: 84 Member
    For the most part I try to stick with Maxis Match! I feel like it incorporates into the game a bit better (like, it looks better with existing game content) so I don't have to change as much about my game but still have the ability to find some cute new styles. One thing I do like that's more realistic is eyelashes, just because the MM ones kinda all look like eyeliner to me...
    Emschmem wrote: »
    For the most part I try to stick with Maxis Match! I feel like it incorporates into the game a bit better (like, it looks better with existing game content) so I don't have to change as much about my game but still have the ability to find some cute new styles. One thing I do like that's more realistic is eyelashes, just because the MM ones kinda all look like eyeliner to me...

Yeah, the realistic eyelashes look much better in my opinion. BTW, have you seen any unzipped, Maxis Match fox tails/ears? I want to make some hybrid characters, but I can't find any cool Maxi's Match ears/tails.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @TealDragon11 I know where you can get some fox tails and such. Here is where you can find the tails. https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4tail Some creators like myself have abandoned tumblr so they have linked their simsfileshares or some people have a post in their archives. Here is Toskami's graveyard. https://simfileshare.net/folder/11279/ She has fox tails, racoons and even a cow set.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Realistic all the way
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    I don't play with cc because I play on an older computer but when I go "window shopping" for some just to see what is out there, I imagine myself adding the maxis match to my game because I want items that match each other.
    @BMSO Thanks a lot! I'm sure they'll look great in the game.