Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons EP Impossible?

Comments

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Has me worried now lol...seasons is one of my favorite EP's! it just give's that amazing little touch of reality to my game with weather & all the little holidays. If seasons is impossible to be made for sims 4 than me & EA are going to have a problem :/ lol!
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Does anyone remember that Guru talking about how space worked differently in TS4? It was pre-base game release and had all kinds of pictures to illustrate how differently space was identified in this game vs previous games? Something about walls and roofs not mattering because everything worked within "zones"?

I would imagine that this is what is going to dictate how seasons/weather works in TS4. We'll get something, it'll just be different than the previous versions. And it'll probably be at the end of the series because seasons has always been the most resource intensive of the expansions and ends up blowing up hardware requirements.

If anyone has that guru article or a link, I'd appreciate it. I've searched around a little bit and can't seem to find it.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    @sparkfairy1 I didn't mean to come off as rude. But she was trying to convince everyone that seasons wasn't going to happen. Even though she had no real evidence to support her claim. And nothing I said was personal in any way.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    @sparkfairy1 I didn't mean to come off as rude. But she was trying to convince everyone that seasons wasn't going to happen. Even though she had no real evidence to support her claim. And nothing I said was personal in any way.

You said 'if anyone has a shred of common sense they shouldn't listen to @Writin_Reg 'which made it personal.
    You could have made your point without mentioning her in such a way! :) In a lot of ways I agree with you in not speculating and getting upset over things we don't know, but I read that part and I felt sorry that you lost some of the impact of your point with that extra comment.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I love Sims 4 but no Seasons on all the worlds are a imense thing for me. If it's not possible, then I'm out. I give up.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited September 2015
    @sparkfairy1 i agree, I shouldn't have made that comment at the beginning. I was a little mad at the time I wrote it (not from writin, but something else that was going on irl) but I honestly didn't mean to insult her. But the fact remains that no one except the devs know if seasons are coming.
    Edit: and apology to @Writin_Reg.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 i agree, I shouldn't have made that comment at the beginning. I was a little mad at the time I wrote it (not from writin, but something else that was going on irl) but I honestly didn't mean to insult her.

I'm sorry you were stressed in real life but I'm glad that it wasn't intentional. Perhaps edit that part out :) don't worry, it's easily done-but I didn't want it to get out of hand with people attacking each other over it and as you know this forum can get a bit that way sometimes. You both don't need that! :)
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I like the idea of a blend of the two themes "seasons" and "disasters" that was mentioned in the recent survey's. I think that's really cool to be quite honest. It would be nice to see them "set up" the Sim-Earth aspect of the game lol. Tree's being broken from storms, maybe windows or objects, earthquakes where damage is done and you have to repair. I mean we could watch a meteor kill our Sims just minding our bsuiness at the cafe. I'm not opposed to loosing Sims from natural disasters and storms if I can loose them for silly reasons like eating a death flower from their inventory on their own. :o Or any of the other countless silly ways to turn into a ghost in the Sims 4. LOL

Id like to see more severe components of weather in game that poses a challenge that's unexpected in game. This is me though. Sims 3 had a good start on earthquakes, I just wished they would occur randomly when NOT playing the firefighter profession. Broken objects, etc.

I wonder if the pre-coded windows to be able to open? Open windows/heat-air conditioning were always something I wanted to see introduced into the game. I want my Sims to be able to open their windows. Have since SIms 2 lol. I also want to vacuum and mop floors. But I suppose I'm in a minority. I really hoped for vacuums in the Sims 3 store. They coded the shelves in GTW to collect dust, I would love if our floors could get dingy looking when it needed to be mopped or vacuumed.

I'm just looking for more detail in the Sims 4 since we're on a lot to lot basis now in gameplay. This engine if like 2, should be able to "simulate" more types of stuff on a lot then before, but considering that people were let down by GTW's hospitals (waiting room specifically) it seems like they are taking short cuts just to pump out content. So who knows how detailed it would be. Sims 3 seasons is better than Sims 2 seasons. That's a matter of fact. The holiday's, the decor, the lights on the houses, the way snow melted, the fact you could visually see it snowing outside from in the lots, the sky, everything was better in Sims 3 Seasons than Sims 2 seasons; however, nothing is like that magic of Seasons for the first time. Changed the way you had to play the game. I hated Sims 3 until Seasons came back. And I want to bring up a point, that just because I'm not playing Sims 4 now because I think it's whack without toddlers or cars (and I thought it was whacker before all the free updates in the past year), I would have still played 4 knowing I'd hate "The Sims" without Seasons. It's one of those EP's that really changes the way you play, but I know that's an EP theme for the most part, but by Sims 4 you'd think they'd make that part of the base game. Som
    Seamoan wrote: »
    Does anyone remember that Guru talking about how space worked differently in TS4? It was pre-base game release and had all kinds of pictures to illustrate how differently space was identified in this game vs previous games? Something about walls and roofs not mattering because everything worked within "zones"?

I would imagine that this is what is going to dictate how seasons/weather works in TS4. We'll get something, it'll just be different than the previous versions. And it'll probably be at the end of the series because seasons has always been the most resource intensive of the expansions and ends up blowing up hardware requirements.

If anyone has that guru article or a link, I'd appreciate it. I've searched around a little bit and can't seem to find it.

Yeah, but Sims 4 cheaper art style is not resource heavy. The Sims 4 will be the first Sims game that doesn't require better than what I have here for Sims 3, actually far exceeds it's requirements lol That's why everyone's wondering what is that game doing behind the scenes that it can't handle a 180 sims? LOL I don't think it will be such an issue with Sims 4. I think this is what they meant by "building a great base that can be expanded on" as in doing these features aren't so difficult and just need to be done. They've done Seasons twice. They know what their doing, it's just a matter of doing it in 4. Should be easier considering how much "fake" world decor there is in this game.

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    @sparkfairy1 i agree, I shouldn't have made that comment at the beginning. I was a little mad at the time I wrote it (not from writin, but something else that was going on irl) but I honestly didn't mean to insult her.

I'm sorry you were stressed in real life but I'm glad that it wasn't intentional. Perhaps edit that part out :) don't worry, it's easily done-but I didn't want it to get out of hand with people attacking each other over it and as you know this forum can get a bit that way sometimes. You both don't need that! :)

I didn't really think @Gabe_oz was being rude. I saw the thread where @Writin_Reg was saying the game wouldn't have seasons like in previous game. She wasn't even speculating she was talking as if she knew it for a fact. I'm glad @Gabe_oz apologized so we avoid fights , but i also think @Writin_Reg should find a better way of sharing information we still don't know for sure.

Honestly I'm just glad this thread has gotten this long. Hopefully it will make devs explain better how this franchise is gonna work. So we stop getting bad surprises so often. I doubt they'll do it, but hope is the last thing you give up on.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 I hope the devs pay attention to your thread too-I think better communication would improve things a ton around the community :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Orchid13 I hope the devs pay attention to your thread too-I think better communication would improve things a ton around the community :)

I agree. It's the only reason why people are actually speculating. I mean they announced a new EP in September and we still haven't gotten that much information besides the trailer. I mean you can already pre-order and the game is probably not even complete

Edit: hahaha SEPTEMBER I mean August :')
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

I agree. It's the only reason why people are actually speculating. I mean they announced a new EP in September and we still haven't gotten that much information besides the trailer. I mean you can already pre-order and the game is probably not even complete

Edit: hahaha SEPTEMBER I mean August :')

Totally agree.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

I didn't really think @Gabe_oz was being rude. I saw the thread where @Writin_Reg was saying the game wouldn't have seasons like in previous game. She wasn't even speculating she was talking as if she knew it for a fact. I'm glad @Gabe_oz apologized so we avoid fights , but i also think @Writin_Reg should find a better way of sharing information we still don't know for sure.

Honestly I'm just glad this thread has gotten this long. Hopefully it will make devs explain better how this franchise is gonna work. So we stop getting bad surprises so often. I doubt they'll do it, but hope is the last thing you give up on.

Spark, you're kind of calling her out, let's not start any problems!:) It's probably not your intention but it's flame baiting.
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »

Spark, you're kind of calling her out, let's not start any problems!:) It's probably not your intention but it's flame baiting.

Are you talking to me or spark
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @LaAbby it's fine, all sorted :)
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    I cannot help but laughing when people in these forums start speculating about what's possible and what's not possible with the game's engine as if they were engineers or professional game devs. It happened with the sims 3 too, people were concerned that weather was impossible in the open world (which, by the way also had backdrops although they were farther away). But it happened. Since I'm no expert in the field, I cannot speculate about what's technically feasible but from a purely commercial point of view, I highly doubt EA released a sims game where weather was technically impossible to add, since they must be well aware that Seasons is always one of the best-selling EPs.

And I have to laugh at people who assume if one plays the Sims they cannot be engineers and professionals. Ironic. You think everyone who plays the Sims is just 12 year olds or what? Really? You would be surprised if you make good enough friends with enough people here to find out some of the jobs players do in real life - and actually very few are just kids or people without professional careers. I know there are many Itt professionals, several C++ Programs - my son is one of those - But I have met Lawyers, Doctors, Ministers, Nurses, Professional Artists, Entertainers, even pro models - and all sort of professional PC and game folks play this game - never mind writers - there are tons of us that play sims - School teachers including Computer Science teachers - surprise - surprise - they like Sims games. I have a very good friend here who loves to create and has been known for years as one of the top house creators. In real life he teaches Computer Sciences - Do not assume anything about the people behind the avatars or you may be very wrong. Even a few former Maxoids now play the Sims under their own non-EA name. You just never know who you are talking to without getting to know your fellow simmers better. You will not make friends though ridiculing them before you even know who they are. Enlighten your self and make some real friends on the forums - live and learn. Assuming things about the other players is always a mistake.

I didn't assume anything. I'm a lawyer myself. However I said that, at least so far, those who have claimed that weather is impossible have not based such claims on any facts or real knowledge of how the game engine works. I would be glad to hear what an engineer or game developer has to say about it. For the moment, it's just mere speculation that gets repeated over and over until simmers start to believe it. Just wait, in a few months time people will be saying that they have "heard" that weather is impossible with the game engine and that "probably" a guru said so.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I cannot help but laughing when people in these forums start speculating about what's possible and what's not possible with the game's engine as if they were engineers or professional game devs. It happened with the sims 3 too, people were concerned that weather was impossible in the open world (which, by the way also had backdrops although they were farther away). But it happened. Since I'm no expert in the field, I cannot speculate about what's technically feasible but from a purely commercial point of view, I highly doubt EA released a sims game where weather was technically impossible to add, since they must be well aware that Seasons is always one of the best-selling EPs.

People speculated pools weren't gonna be in the game, teens would be as tall as adults, toddlers wouldn't come back and cars were gonna be deco. All came true. I'm not speculating about weather , but people have and it wouldn't surprise me if they were right. Also people didn't see supermaturals in the trailer of get together, and oh yeah, they were right.

You can laugh all you want, but up till now simmers have pretty much predicted many of the things , if not all the things that are missing in this game.

Yes but people speculated that pools were not possible because of the game's limitations and lack of terrain tools and you see how that went. I'm not saying you can't speculate that weather will not be added. What I'm saying is that we should not speculate about what is technically possible or not because we are not experts in the field and I very much doubt we can tell how powerful the engine is or what are its real limitations.

And you can only speak for yourself. YOU maybe are not a professional. Don't speak for everyone.

As someone else said people actually speculated about the pools because that IS what the Guru's said. Go back to the posts from the Guru's when the game had just came out and you will see why that was said.

You see? You fell into your own trap. Just look at the post right before yours (quoted below). The gurus NEVER said that pools weren't feasible. In fact they said the very opposite but Simmers speculated (with no basis like now) about the game's alleged limitations until everyone started to believe it.
    Neia wrote: »
    Found it : SimGuruGraham confirmed they were possible on MTS back in August 2014 (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=527481)
    Q: So Graham are pools/basements doable in the future in your opinion with the new game engine?
    R : Sure they're doable. It's not an engine limitation, it's just work that needs to get done for it to happen.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2015
    james64468 wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »
    With the new Halloween SP coming up ppl have been complaining about seasons not been in the game, but this lady said that seasons aren't really possible in the sims 4 :/

Is it true?

I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

But even the sims 2 had actual seasons :/

True but We lack a lot if animations in Sims 4. In order to have Seasons you would need more animations in the game to work properly.

So no actual seasons for the sims 4?

Well, I don't know of any official statement on Seasons, but considering how limited TS4 engine is it certainly seems plausible.
    All what I know that THE REAL Sims 4 should've had basic seasons in the base game. The game being the 4th installment in the franchise was supposed to have more advanced game play.

Agreed, these basic things really need to start becoming part of the base game. Seasons, pets, and most of what we would get in a generations EP should all already be in the base game. Its just pure laziness they expect after all these years that those aren't "base game" type features.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    I like the idea of a blend of the two themes "seasons" and "disasters" that was mentioned in the recent survey's. I think that's really cool to be quite honest. It would be nice to see them "set up" the Sim-Earth aspect of the game lol. Tree's being broken from storms, maybe windows or objects, earthquakes where damage is done and you have to repair. I mean we could watch a meteor kill our Sims just minding our bsuiness at the cafe. I'm not opposed to loosing Sims from natural disasters and storms if I can loose them for silly reasons like eating a death flower from their inventory on their own. :o Or any of the other countless silly ways to turn into a ghost in the Sims 4. LOL

Id like to see more severe components of weather in game that poses a challenge that's unexpected in game. This is me though. Sims 3 had a good start on earthquakes, I just wished they would occur randomly when NOT playing the firefighter profession. Broken objects, etc.

I wonder if the pre-coded windows to be able to open? Open windows/heat-air conditioning were always something I wanted to see introduced into the game. I want my Sims to be able to open their windows. Have since SIms 2 lol. I also want to vacuum and mop floors. But I suppose I'm in a minority. I really hoped for vacuums in the Sims 3 store. They coded the shelves in GTW to collect dust, I would love if our floors could get dingy looking when it needed to be mopped or vacuumed.

I'm just looking for more detail in the Sims 4 since we're on a lot to lot basis now in gameplay. This engine if like 2, should be able to "simulate" more types of stuff on a lot then before, but considering that people were let down by GTW's hospitals (waiting room specifically) it seems like they are taking short cuts just to pump out content. So who knows how detailed it would be. Sims 3 seasons is better than Sims 2 seasons. That's a matter of fact. The holiday's, the decor, the lights on the houses, the way snow melted, the fact you could visually see it snowing outside from in the lots, the sky, everything was better in Sims 3 Seasons than Sims 2 seasons; however, nothing is like that magic of Seasons for the first time. Changed the way you had to play the game. I hated Sims 3 until Seasons came back. And I want to bring up a point, that just because I'm not playing Sims 4 now because I think it's whack without toddlers or cars (and I thought it was whacker before all the free updates in the past year), I would have still played 4 knowing I'd hate "The Sims" without Seasons. It's one of those EP's that really changes the way you play, but I know that's an EP theme for the most part, but by Sims 4 you'd think they'd make that part of the base game. Som
    Seamoan wrote: »

Yeah, but Sims 4 cheaper art style is not resource heavy. The Sims 4 will be the first Sims game that doesn't require better than what I have here for Sims 3, actually far exceeds it's requirements lol That's why everyone's wondering what is that game doing behind the scenes that it can't handle a 180 sims? LOL I don't think it will be such an issue with Sims 4. I think this is what they meant by "building a great base that can be expanded on" as in doing these features aren't so difficult and just need to be done. They've done Seasons twice. They know what their doing, it's just a matter of doing it in 4. Should be easier considering how much "fake" world decor there is in this game.

This is true. I am conditioned to expect seasons and pets to blow up computers because of the older versions, but you're right about Sims 4 base not being as intensive in the first place.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

And I have to laugh at people who assume if one plays the Sims they cannot be engineers and professionals. Ironic. You think everyone who plays the Sims is just 12 year olds or what? Really? You would be surprised if you make good enough friends with enough people here to find out some of the jobs players do in real life - and actually very few are just kids or people without professional careers. I know there are many Itt professionals, several C++ Programs - my son is one of those - But I have met Lawyers, Doctors, Ministers, Nurses, Professional Artists, Entertainers, even pro models - and all sort of professional PC and game folks play this game - never mind writers - there are tons of us that play sims - School teachers including Computer Science teachers - surprise - surprise - they like Sims games. I have a very good friend here who loves to create and has been known for years as one of the top house creators. In real life he teaches Computer Sciences - Do not assume anything about the people behind the avatars or you may be very wrong. Even a few former Maxoids now play the Sims under their own non-EA name. You just never know who you are talking to without getting to know your fellow simmers better. You will not make friends though ridiculing them before you even know who they are. Enlighten your self and make some real friends on the forums - live and learn. Assuming things about the other players is always a mistake.

So now you've been proven wrong you're just going to play the "didn't see it" card.

I bet if EA even release seasons you'd say it's not possible.

And nothing of what you've just said means you know what's possible in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »

So now you've been proven wrong you're just going to play the "didn't see it" card.

I bet if EA even release seasons you'd say it's not possible.

And nothing of what you've just said means you know what's possible in the Sims 4.

Whose proven wrong? Where are the toddlers and cars and all the other things they said were too hard. The things we did get are not done proper other wise Ghost would not ever be culled (we could manage the dead and would have cemeteries even if done proper) - Ghost have NEVER been culled in previous sims games - the family tree would not go to pot. I still cannot see them doing all the work needed to make Seasons as we know it in Sims 2 and 3. I am not proven wrong until we actually have seasons and it is as we know it and not just like in Sims 1 vacation spots with Seasons. But we get Sims 2 and Sims 3 style seasons - everywhere at the same time and gradually like we did in those games - then you can say I and certain modders who agreed because "it is hard and expensive to do" ARE WRONG.

If I am wrong right now - where is the Seasons ep then Jack? You prove nothing til it comes out and is in your game from EA. And if it is not too hard and too expensive as I said - then I fully expect toddlers, working usable cars for sims, proper pets as we are accustomed to, ghosts (and other sims) no longer culled, Family trees not broken, just as starters seeing they are all easier to fix and make and certainly cheaper.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think one thing that will be sad is seeing Seasons without any transportation.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Thats one long comment
    21mbz47.jpg