Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons EP Impossible?

With the new Halloween SP coming up ppl have been complaining about seasons not been in the game, but this lady said that seasons aren't really possible in the sims 4 :/

Is it true?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Seasons is possible and will be like the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Seasons will happen but will most likely be combined with vacations.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Thats silly, GPs can easily add vacation spots into the game
    21mbz47.jpg
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »
    With the new Halloween SP coming up ppl have been complaining about seasons not been in the game, but this lady said that seasons aren't really possible in the sims 4 :/

Is it true?

I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

But even the sims 2 had actual seasons :/

True but We lack a lot of animations in Sims 4. In order to have Seasons you would need more animations in the game to work properly.

Is it true?

I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

True but We lack a lot if animations in Sims 4. In order to have Seasons you would need more animations in the game to work properly.

So no actual seasons for the sims 4?
    21mbz47.jpg

Silly or not I'm going by what the recent survey mentioned.

But what do you mean it would be included in a vacations EP? Like the sims 1?
    21mbz47.jpg

Is it true?

True but We lack a lot of animations in Sims 4. In order to have Seasons you would need more animations in the game to work properly.

Animations can be added in expansions and even gamepacks.

But what do you mean it would be included in a vacations EP? Like the sims 1?

Summer at the tropical beach location and Winter in the ski location. It does however mention you can have snow in your home world.
    If its like the sims 1 we would get like summer and winter but it would be impossible to add spring and fall with a vacation destination :/ this is ridiculous I really hope it won't be like the sims 1
    21mbz47.jpg
    If its like the sims 1 we would get like summer and winter but it would be impossible to add spring and fall with a vacation destination :/ this is ridiculous I really hope it won't be like the sims 1

Surely it will add Fall and Spring to the home world.

So it will be like the sims 2 and 3
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member

It won't.

Seasons will be worked on and released as the last expansion probably - but it would be worth it; it'll be better than the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 Seasons combined. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

It won't.

Seasons will be worked on and released as the last expansion probably - but it would be worth it; it'll be better than the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 Seasons combined. :)

I hope so. Seasons was probably the best remake the sims 3 released
    21mbz47.jpg

So it will be like the sims 2 and 3

Most likely but probably not with festivals and holidays. I'm hoping festivals will be replaced by amusement parks anyway.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    It hasn't been proven to be impossible, ask the Devs I'd say.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Unless we hear something from one of the developers, all info on the seasons EP is player speculation.

This player was really convinced cause she said she saw the files and weather wouldnt work all year round cause of a map
    21mbz47.jpg