Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons EP Impossible?

1171819202123...Next

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes, I get what you're saying.
    You know, I have the feeling that they might do stuff differently for TS4 EPs. They might work on the same "themes", but present them in a different way as a final product.
    More than that, I don't really know.
    It seems like they might. I've actually seen old themes return just in pieces. Like Spa Day from the Sims Superstar, Outdoor Retreat from the Sims Vacation, and GTW from the Sims OFB just to name a few examples.

So hopefully this will mean the new EPs will either have new stuff coming up instead of just being very empty EPs

With EP and GP, there should be enough room for both new and returning features. Based on the survey, there are thinking about a Season-Vacation combo. Considering the camping part of Vacation was already in Outdoor Retreat and Gardening/Fishing is in the base game, they could focus on combining Beach/Summer and Moutain/Winter. That could work for me as long as Fall and Spring are there too and we have a strong customizations of seasons.

What else could they put with Seasons in your mind ? (General you for everybody who might have an idea :) )
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Extreme sports would be cool like snowboarding, dirt bikes, skateboarding, and monster trucks. I really enjoy watching the X-games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    ski-lift:)))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    IF they add Seasons it will be like Sims 2 because we do not have an open world for those who owned Sims 2 you know what I am talking about.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    IF they add Seasons it will be like Sims 2 because we do not have an open world for those who owned Sims 2 you know what I am talking about.

That's fine i don't care as long as it has 4 seasons. Even though i don't quite remember how the sims 2 worked... the whole world woud be set to the current season... i think
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member

That's fine i don't care as long as it has 4 seasons. Even though i don't quite remember how the sims 2 worked... the whole world woud be set to the current season... i think

The Sims 2 has all 4 seasons. You can set them up to work however you'd like per neighborhood/subhood. So my main neighborhood could be eternally fall, but my downtown or shopping hood or whatever could be eternally winter. The default is all 4 seasons.

If you add a subhood, it's always going to start at the first season phase. So if you are on the 3rd season phase in your main hood *fall*, and you decide to add a new shopping hood, that new shopping hood will start on the 1st season phase *spring*. You either have to manually set your 1st season to fall if you want it to match the main hood or you play it as if each hood has it's own weather patterns. Vacation hoods do some funky thing where they purposely start on a different phase than your main hood, probably to mimic reality, but you can easily sync it up if you care about making it the same in both places.

I'm not sure if you've played Sims 2, so it's kind of hard to explain. Basically, you can set all 4 seasons to work however you want per hood/subhood/downtown hood/college hood/vacation hood.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

The Sims 2 has all 4 seasons. You can set them up to work however you'd like per neighborhood/subhood. So my main neighborhood could be eternally fall, but my downtown or shopping hood or whatever could be eternally winter. The default is all 4 seasons.

If you add a subhood, it's always going to start at the first season phase. So if you are on the 3rd season phase in your main hood *fall*, and you decide to add a new shopping hood, that new shopping hood will start on the 1st season phase *spring*. You either have to manually set your 1st season to fall if you want it to match the main hood or you play it as if each hood has it's own weather patterns. Vacation hoods do some funky thing where they purposely start on a different phase than your main hood, probably to mimic reality, but you can easily sync it up if you care about making it the same in both places.

I'm not sure if you've played Sims 2, so it's kind of hard to explain. Basically, you can set all 4 seasons to work however you want per hood/subhood/downtown hood/college hood/vacation hood.

I have but I confuse it with the sims 3 hahaha . I'm pretty sure I loved the sims 2 seasons
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

I have but I confuse it with the sims 3 hahaha . I'm pretty sure I loved the sims 2 seasons

You probably did :). Seasons were very well-done in Sims 2.

I'm the opposite though. If I start a new Sims 3 game, I always look for the little Sims 2 weather button to set up my seasons and it throws me every time when I realize it's not there. There is some kind of stone or something that sets weather (I think), but I never really played with it.