Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons EP Impossible?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    I cannot help but laughing when people in these forums start speculating about what's possible and what's not possible with the game's engine as if they were engineers or professional game devs. It happened with the sims 3 too, people were concerned that weather was impossible in the open world (which, by the way also had backdrops although they were farther away). But it happened. Since I'm no expert in the field, I cannot speculate about what's technically feasible but from a purely commercial point of view, I highly doubt EA released a sims game where weather was technically impossible to add, since they must be well aware that Seasons is always one of the best-selling EPs.

And I have to laugh at people who assume if one plays the Sims they cannot be engineers and professionals. Ironic. You think everyone who plays the Sims is just 12 year olds or what? Really? You would be surprised if you make good enough friends with enough people here to find out some of the jobs players do in real life - and actually very few are just kids or people without professional careers. I know there are many Itt professionals, several C++ Programs - my son is one of those - But I have met Lawyers, Doctors, Ministers, Nurses, Professional Artists, Entertainers, even pro models - and all sort of professional PC and game folks play this game - never mind writers - there are tons of us that play sims - School teachers including Computer Science teachers - surprise - surprise - they like Sims games. I have a very good friend here who loves to create and has been known for years as one of the top house creators. In real life he teaches Computer Sciences - Do not assume anything about the people behind the avatars or you may be very wrong. Even a few former Maxoids now play the Sims under their own non-EA name. You just never know who you are talking to without getting to know your fellow simmers better. You will not make friends though ridiculing them before you even know who they are. Enlighten your self and make some real friends on the forums - live and learn. Assuming things about the other players is always a mistake.

I didn't assume anything. I'm a lawyer myself. However I said that, at least so far, those who have claimed that weather is impossible have not based such claims on any facts or real knowledge of how the game engine works. I would be glad to hear what an engineer or game developer has to say about it. For the moment, it's just mere speculation that gets repeated over and over until simmers start to believe it. Just wait, in a few months time people will be saying that they have "heard" that weather is impossible with the game engine and that "probably" a guru said so.

The game engine is not the issue. Just want to clarify - nor is the fact it is not an open world. The issue I see is as I posted to do with the way they made the game period and how hard and expensive it would be to do it as we had it in Sims 2 and Sims 3. All we keep hearing is something is too hard and too expensive - not that it is impossible. It is not impossible at all in those regards.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• UltraviolenxeUltraviolenxe Posts: 96 Member
    Seasons take a lot of time and effort to put in. I remember reading that Sims 3 developers were working on Seasons shortly after the Sims 3 base game, which would mean that it took them years to fully complete considering the EP came out 3 years after the base game . Sims 2 was originally going to come with Seasons but then there was that infamous fire. But nonetheless, the developers took a lot of time to put it into the game.

That being said, I'm not sure about seasons for Sims 4. We have developers that said it's too hard and expensive to make a real bear for Outdoor Retreat, and they've used this "too much time, too much money" excuse a lot for this game. Seasons requires time and money, so if they're gonna keep singing that tune full of excuses, then I can't imagine seasons ever coming.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for asking Ponder. Ask about pets being tied to objects too like babies. Might as well get all the subject questions out of the way. I do wish babies could be freed though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JorjorJorjor Posts: 36 Member
    Why do people keep saying the Sims 4 is limited in it's capabilities compared to the Sims 3? Is that really true?
    edited September 2015
    Jorjor wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying the Sims 4 is limited in it's capabilities compared to the Sims 3? Is that really true?
    Based on a twitter comment by the Gurus in which they said something about beards, Sims 4 engine was more limited than the Sims 3 engine.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Based on a twitter comment by the Gurus in which they said after beards not being possible to do right now, Sims 4 engine was more limited than the Sims 3 engine.

And the fact that the sims 4 is a result of a bad online game...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • JorjorJorjor Posts: 36 Member
    Oh alright. I guess I just hope that they will be able to make a lot of packs they were able to make for Sims 3.
    edited September 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »

And the fact that the sims 4 is a result of a bad online game...
    Well I don't know if it would have been bad since it never was released, but that decision was based on SimCity 2013. Servers got overloaded by too many people and it caused issues. I did hear of issues with the Sims Online.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Based on a twitter comment by the Gurus in which they said after beards not being possible to do right now, Sims 4 engine was more limited than the Sims 3 engine.

They didn't say it wasn't possible. SimGuruSarah said "@SimGuruSarah: @Matheus_vladts We would definitely like to add more beards in the future, but our tech is more limiting than TS3 was. It might be a while." The context is specifically CAS limitations, which after downloading and giving up on a lot of CC hair, I suspect has to do with dealing with our ability to shape bodies in so many ways. Nothing in that statement says impossibility, and nothing suggests game-wide engine limitations.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

They didn't say it wasn't possible. SimGuruSarah said "@SimGuruSarah: @Matheus_vladts We would definitely like to add more beards in the future, but our tech is more limiting than TS3 was. It might be a while." The context is specifically CAS limitations, which after downloading and giving up on a lot of CC hair, I suspect has to do with dealing with our ability to shape bodies in so many ways. Nothing in that statement says impossibility, and nothing suggests game-wide engine limitations.
    Thanks for finding it luthienrising. But yes sadly that Twitter comment got a lot of Simmers worried about what the engine can and can't handle with future content. Sorry I'm limited in time, so wasn't able to look it up, so I appreciate it. I hope it was referring to CAS, but even with that, it makes me sad. I guess probably has to do with the multitasking though of Sims holding objects.
    I can't think of a way beard length or fullness would interact with anything multitasking specific. Actions either use that body area or they don't, regardless of what other action is being done at the same time. Clipping with body parts and clothing is an obvious issue, however.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Thank you, Ponder. I'm glad I stuck with this thread. I saw it earlier, and was going to avoid it. Then I read the post in the Halloween House thread. And it got me to wondering.

I mean no disrespect, but this happens when folks drop into a topic that is totally celebrating gameplay, and (pardon my horrible phrasing, but I want to express how I feel) pee in everyone's cornflakes. It totally takes you unaware, this negativity cropping up when you least expect it. Come on, a thought that Sims 4 would not have Seasons, one of the most loved elements of the game? How is that not negative? I'm not asking for Happy Happy Joy Joy 24/7. I just wish they would stick to the threads that are criticizing the game, and then you would at least expect it.

For another example, in the topic that is titled, What Makes You Laugh... several people replied with extremely sarcastic posts. It's not just one person. I know, Welcome To The Internet, Young Padawan.

I haven't Disagreed with anyone. I prefer to make a post explaining my feelings.

To be clear, I don't find the game perfect. I may have dropped a criticism or two. But I do enjoy playing it, and it enhances that enjoyment to share it with others. The flaws take a back seat, then. This forum has done that, for the most part. So thank you to those who have participated in this. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    Same thing I have been saying - the issue is will they do it and why are their only ep choices about Sims 1 like vacations with weather. JUst as they said about toddlers - they could be done and were not hard to do, just time consuming. And they even said they were a priority - but yet we still have no toddlers. You should have asked them if Sims 4 is getting seasons like we had in sims 2 and Sims 3 because that is what I think they won't be giving. Seasons as we know it like in Sims 2 and Sims 3. But what did they offer simmers for the poll choices - not Seasons but a vacation spot with snow and a vacation spot with Summer. That should have told you Seasons were possible - but the way the game is made to make it like in Sims 3 is going to be very time consuming and expensive, just like toddlers.

I already stated that it was not because of the engine or the fact it is not an open world as seeing Sims 2 wasn't an open world and they had Seasons done just like Sims 3 had them. So of course there is nothing in the game stopping it anymore than anything in the game is stopping toddlers. So that is nothing new in that answer.

Seems I recall them answering someone about cutting down on the sheer numbers of the load screens in each little hood, and they even said that was possible - that nothing was really impossible in the Sims 4. That said has any of you seen a decrease in the number of load screens. I haven't. Things are very much doable but apparently too expensive and too hard.

Anything you ask they can do that the Sims did before they are going to say it will - they have always said it could do anything - but will they do it? In the meantime people are leaving and not coming back. i see a good number more leaving in November people who are not interested in the European Party pack and tired of waiting for things like toddlers, cars, etc who are going to be spending money on Fallout 4 instead. Look at this way - you can celebrate I will be gone then too. And that is where my sims money will be going.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited September 2015
    Thanks for asking Ponder. Ask about pets being tied to objects too like babies. Might as well get all the subject questions out of the way. I do wish babies could be freed though.

I asked and SimGuruDaniel said "No"

I would post the pic but im on my ipad. You can check out his twitter

This was about the pets issue. I'm glad that st least a guru is capable of responding with simple and clear answers.
    21mbz47.jpg

Thank you, Ponder. I'm glad I stuck with this thread. I saw it earlier, and was going to avoid it. Then I read the post in the Halloween House thread. And it got me to wondering.

I mean no disrespect, but this happens when folks drop into a topic that is totally celebrating gameplay, and (pardon my horrible phrasing, but I want to express how I feel) pee in everyone's cornflakes. It totally takes you unaware, this negativity cropping up when you least expect it. Come on, a thought that Sims 4 would not have Seasons, one of the most loved elements of the game? How is that not negative? I'm not asking for Happy Happy Joy Joy 24/7. I just wish they would stick to the threads that are criticizing the game, and then you would at least expect it.

For another example, in the topic that is titled, What Makes You Laugh... several people replied with extremely sarcastic posts. It's not just one person. I know, Welcome To The Internet, Young Padawan.

I haven't Disagreed with anyone. I prefer to make a post explaining my feelings.

To be clear, I don't find the game perfect. I may have dropped a criticism or two. But I do enjoy playing it, and it enhances that enjoyment to share it with others. The flaws take a back seat, then. This forum has done that, for the most part. So thank you to those who have participated in this. :)
    I don't think it is a bad thing to get Simmers to talk about features. Thanks to this thread Gurus replied about Seasons with Ponder's help. Sometimes the speculating stirs up conversation and gets Simmers to care about features and talk about them. Like one time I mentioned Goat simulator and somehow it stirred into a conversation about a Farm EP. It was beautiful to see. I mean Simmers have been mentioning how much they hate toddlers or hate supernaturals. So could be possible to say those things are impossible, maybe it will make Simmers care about actually having features again. But awesome job everyone. See how working together can get some answers. :) Thank you OP for making this thread.

Simmers come from all sorts of personalities. Sorry to hear the thread upset you. But yes internet is full of sarcastic people. I am probably one of them. I can say things in a way people can't tell if I am serious or funny. Sometimes I am both. I do hope if I annoy you, feel free to put me on ignore. I won't be upset by that or disagrees. But I admit my methods to get people to talk are strange. Must be from being raised watching the Twilight Zone. Anyway happy Simming.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Come on, a thought that Sims 4 would not have Seasons, one of the most loved elements of the game? How is that not negative?

A beloved feature where toddlers and we still don't have those. Also, for many was the open world and CASt, and those where chopped too. Also, Story Progression. Just to name three. So to wonder if we will have all Seasons, or to wonder if they will give us a world divided up like in Sims one with their Vacation Island, is a totally realistic question.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

This was about the pets issue. I'm glad that st least a guru is capable of responding with simple and clear answers.
    It is fine. I am my tablet, so I will look at it later. Yeah SimGuruDaniel is an awesome Guru to answer questions clearly. I have a lot of respect for him. Thank you so much again. I don't have a Twitter myself so couldn't ask.

It is fine. I am my tablet, so I will look at it later. Yeah SimGuruDaniel is an awesome Guru to answer questions clearly. I have a lot of respect for him. Thank you so much again. I don't have a Twitter myself so couldn't ask.

No problem :) i think this will help since pets and seasons are beloved EPs
    21mbz47.jpg
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    You really can't go by what they say, because "things change" sadly.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    You really can't go by what they say, because "things change" sadly.

Do you mean like when Grant said sims would be able to own cars? :D But in reality, he meant the toy cars that you can resize and stick in your driveway? :D