Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons EP Impossible?

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I honestly wouldn't mind a Vacation EP.

OP: Seasons has been one of the most demanded EP themes since TS2. It's a money maker. That and Pets and University. Usually those three or the Big Three are commonly found in past generations with the exception of Uni and Seasons in TS1. But I doubt EA would miss out on that opportunity to make seasons. Or lets just hope not.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Unless we hear something from one of the developers, all info on the seasons EP is player speculation.

This player was really convinced cause she said she saw the files and weather wouldnt work all year round cause of a map

I know which thread/post you're talking about. I know what she was talking about as well. Every 'mini hood' in S4 is a separate world, basically. This is true. I also know the weather would have to be synced, which is complicated, but not impossible. It really depends on what Maxis is allowed for time and funds. In S2, no sub hoods, downtowns, or, universities were the same world as the original. Each of those were an entirely separate terrain/world (to use layman terms). Yet weather was possible in that game.

I honestly don't know what's possible or impossible as far as allowances go. It all comes down to time frames and what the upper management gives the 'go-ahead‘ to.

I wouldn't mind the different worlds having different seasons, but if neighbourhoods are the only ones affected by the current weather but not the rest, it would be rly lame. I mean if thats the plan they might as well just come up with some other EP though i doubt you can replace weather
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »

OP: Seasons has been one of the most demanded EP themes since TS2. It's a money maker. That and Pets and University. Usually those three or the Big Three are commonly found in past generations with the exception of Uni and Seasons in TS1. But I doubt EA would miss out on that opportunity to make seasons. Or lets just hope not.

I agree thats why I was surprised. However toddlers were also a very demanded feature and we still don't have them :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully weather will be the same per neighborhood but different across different hoods. E.g. snow in Willow creek but sunny in Oasis Springs and thunderstorms in Windeburg you get the picture.
  • Options

I agree thats why I was surprised. However toddlers were also a very demanded feature and we still don't have them :/

Exactly. Didn't really want to get too much into that because as of now Toddlers seem like a pipe dream.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Hopefully weather will be the same per neighborhood but different across different hoods. E.g. snow in Willow creek but sunny in Oasis Springs and thunderstorms in Windeburg you get the picture.

I would be ok with that :)

Exactly. Didn't really want to get too much into that because as of now Toddlers seem like a pipe dream.

I already gave up on it, and family play thats why i just do rotational play right now
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited September 2015
    Unless we hear something from one of the developers, all info on the seasons EP is player speculation.

This player was really convinced cause she said she saw the files and weather wouldnt work all year round cause of a map

I know which thread/post you're talking about. I know what she was talking about as well. Every 'mini hood' in S4 is a separate world, basically. This is true. I also know the weather would have to be synced, which is complicated, but not impossible. It really depends on what Maxis is allowed for time and funds. In S2, no sub hoods, downtowns, or, universities were the same world as the original. Each of those were an entirely separate terrain/world (to use layman terms). Yet weather was possible in that game.

I honestly don't know what's possible or impossible as far as allowances go. It all comes down to time frames and what the upper management gives the 'go-ahead‘ to.

I wouldn't mind the different worlds having different seasons, but if neighbourhoods are the only ones affected by the current weather but not the rest, it would be rly lame. I mean if thats the plan they might as well just come up with some other EP though i doubt you can replace weather

IMO, weather is essential. In one way, I agree. If it's disconnected, might as well not bother. On the other hand, some of the vacation spots in S1 were in eternal winter, and I never minded.

In S2, I have certain vacation areas set to certain weather patterns. My northern location is in eternal winter, and my sexy-sim-getaway is in eternal spring. Whereas my beaches are in eternal summer. I don't think it is really all that bad.

I still think weather is essential, but it's really not that big of a deal if it's disconnected if you're able to work around it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    I would definitely take a Seasons EP. Even if we don't get toddlers (more than likely). Or Even Pets.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options

IMO, weather is essential. In one way, I agree. If it's disconnected, might as well not bother. On the other hand, some of the vacation spots in S1 were in eternal winter, and I never minded.

In S2, I have certain vacation areas set to certain weather patterns. My northern location is in eternal winter, and my sexy-sim-getaway is in eternal spring. Whereas my beaches are in eternal summer. I don't think is really all that bad.

At this point i wouldnt even mind if the destination has eternal season. Thing is you can only rly have winter and summer with vacation spots but fall and spring are more subtle so you can only tell each season apart cause of the small details and idk how they can incorporate that with the sims 1 system.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    I would definitely take a Seasons EP. Even if we don't get toddlers (more than likely). Or Even Pets.

If we don't get pets ill flip out
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member

This.

Take all rumors with a grain of salt.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    I wish all these players who speculate would just shsh sometimes, if they don't know

EA already asked players if they want Seasons in a Survey, it means its possible;

Weather & Disasters:
    Experience the awe-inspiring beauty and power of nature as never before as weather plays a major role in shaping your Sims’ lives and environments. How will you prepare your home for severe conditions? Will you weather the storm and help rebuild your neighborhood after disaster strikes, or tempt fate and take part in a little looting?

Seasons:
    Experience the joys and challenges of changing weather! Seasonal festivities, outdoor attire, and new activities like skiing, sunbathing, and face painting guarantee that Sims will have plenty to do no matter what the temperature is outside.

Please don't listen to anyone outside of EA, because they literally know nothing about the Sims 4 :)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    If its like the sims 1 we would get like summer and winter but it would be impossible to add spring and fall with a vacation destination :/ this is ridiculous I really hope it won't be like the sims 1

Surely it will add Fall and Spring to the home world.

So it will be like the sims 2 and 3

Most likely but probably not with festivals and holidays. I'm hoping festivals will be replaced by amusement parks anyway.

Seasons was mentioned in a previous Survey, with Festivals.

"Seasons:
    Experience the joys and challenges of changing weather! Seasonal festivities, outdoor attire, and new activities like skiing, sunbathing, and face painting guarantee that Sims will have plenty to do no matter what the temperature is outside"

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really don't know how anyone can say anything will happen (or won't happen) as a fact. There is no proof leading for us to know one way or the other.

You're asking a question only the devs can answer.
    Best way to tell the future is to look back at the past they have done nothing but cut corners removing features the survey never mentioned spring or fall which is a big deal you would mention them if you had any attention on bringing them back. We are going back to Sims 1 style season 15+ years later with a 4+ lot winter vacation "world".
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I really don't know how anyone can say anything will happen (or won't happen) as a fact. There is no proof leading for us to know one way or the other.

You're asking a question only the devs can answer.
    Best way to tell the future is to look back at the past they have done nothing but cut corners removing features the survey never mentioned spring or fall which is a big deal you would mention them if you had any attention on bringing them back. We are going back to Sims 1 style season 15+ years later with a 4+ lot winter vacation "world".

I've heard that before. But politics has no place in this forum.

Talk about learning from the past— or re-inventing the wheel, or trying to pound a square peg into a round hole...

Who the hell actually learns from past mistakes? Besides a chosen few.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Please don't listen to anyone outside of EA, because they literally know nothing about the Sims 4 :)
    Odds will be good they will be someone who will just say stuff based only on their cynicism and own biased ideas that have zero basis on the abilities of the game engine.

If you are uncertain about something someone has stated that is neither a forum moderator or actual Maxis developer, disregard them. It is actually better not to spread statements like that as that only turns into bad rumors. I stopped watching TV because of crap news sites like CNN and Fox that love to throw out baseless reports. I sure as heck would prefer the same crap not be encouraged here.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    I think there will be location spot seasons simply because of how the Sims 4 worlds are built and the FX effects. Seasons could possibly be sold in separate GPs too for each season. Sims 1 Vacations had an area a lot like the Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, so might be sold in different GPs. It is a type of wait and see, but yes don't expect seasons to be like the Sims 2 and 3. The Sims 4 uses a completely different and more limiting engine it seems. I mean if base game things like toddlers or babies not tied to objects can't be done, how can people expect seasons or pets to be done well? I just hope Simmers aren't disappointed if Seasons doesn't arrive or deliver in expectations. I put hope into that for toddlers while the Sims 4 was being developed. Will people be ok having Sims 1 style decorated seasons again? Remember Gurus said Sims 4 was going back to the roots, so have TS1 expectations.

It will be good for Seasons to come by year 2.5 years if people want it to be Sims 2 and 3 quality. Sadly even simple things like dishwashers took a year to come out. The Sims 4 might take more than 5 years after its initial release to be fully fixed and developed. Multitasking and silly walks with Seasons might prove more challenging. There are going to be a lot of core factors Gurus will have to figure out to even make seasons work right.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member

My guess is that the weather would change globally just as the game time goes forward for each world while playing in one. But I think they should give us an option to set the seasons for each world separately :smile:

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Seasons is definitely possible and it is even easier to make for TS4 than it was for TS3 because TS4 doesn't have such a huge open world.

But we also know that the team is still attempting to make TS4 different from TS3 (and TS2) so that nobody thinks that they are just buying the same game again and again. The team is right in doing this because otherwise sales numbers would of course go down. But it also mean that we won't like all the changes. Some of them we will dislike. But what matters for EA is still to put enough interesting changes into the game to make people going on to buy all the games.

What this means for a Seasons EP we don't know yet. We will just have to wait and see ;)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    I just hope there will be cool natural disasters with this attempt. I would much rather have an improved version of Seasons than a copycat again. It could be expanded so much more with natural disasters and would remind Simmers how the Sims started was an idea after Will Wright's house burned down. Volcanic eruptions and falling plumbob hail storms could be interesting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't know anything but I don't see why there won't be weather.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2015
    james64468 wrote: »
    I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

It isn't a tablet game and does not use a tablet engine. ;)

I know for a fact you can take the code that Sims 4 uses and move the game to a tablet and a smart cellphone very easy. I have some programming experience I am not great at it. Have you ever programmed anything? Imagination for a second. Taking The Sims putting it on Windows computers, Tablets, phones, Android phone&tablets, and Apple computers&phone&tablets. The game is cross-platform that might be why EA moved The Sims studio under their mobile division. If there is going to be another Sims game it going to be cross-platform to get more money out of players. The animations will be very limited and the gaming engine will be even more limited. Mobile games are only built in 2D.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

It isn't a tablet game and does not use a tablet engine. ;)

I know for a fact you can take the code that Sims 4 uses and move the game to a tablet and a smart cellphone very easy. I have some programming experience I am not great at it. Have you ever programmed anything? Imagination for a second. Taking The Sims putting it on Windows computers, Tablets, phones, Android phone&tablets, and Apple computers&phone&tablets. The game is cross-platform that might be why EA moved The Sims studio under their mobile division. If there is going to be another Sims game it going to be cross-platform to get more money out of players. The animations will be very limited and the gaming engine will be even more limited. Mobile games are only built in 2D.
    They could probably make a tablet version of the Sims 4 basegame. I agree with that. But the problem is that TS4 like the previous Sims games are meant to have a big number of expansions and I don't believe that they could move all those EPs, GPs and SPs to a tablet too because TS4 will then finally be way too big a game to have running on even tablets with 32 or 64 GB of memory. Most tablets still only have 16 or 32 GB of memory and the OS uses a big part of this for its own purposes. TS4 with all expansions will be way too big for such a device.
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2015
    I hope the EP after Get Together is something like: Get into Life...(corny title, but aren't they all?) which combines Seasons with toddlers and other family related fun stuff.

On the other hand, maybe Seasons would be seperated into bitesize game packs, like Get into Fall, Get into Winter, Get into Summer, Get into Spring. In which case, I think I'd lose my marbles.
    E6Gi2HA.png