Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ggrrrrr - sim exchange downloads won't work

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    DopeyCBDopeyCB Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if anyone from this thread is still having this issue, but I just started having this issue myself on my PC copy. I downloaded a friends sim to move into my town, and when I tried to install it it gave me the error message to make sure I was up-to-date.

I hope someone can give me an answer.. Yes I noticed this threads last post was in September of last year, but I am having this issue now, and this is the only thread I've found that mentions this issue.
  • Options
    VoronChernyiVoronChernyi Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same exact problem! but for me it's almost nothing.. EA needs to help!! Bump this thread! keep it alive!
  • Options
    ewarren88ewarren88 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Having the same stupid issue as all these people for years I guess EA will never fix it....
  • Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2013
    Annoying as heck......having the same problem STILL HAVENT FIX THIS ISSUE?? :? :shock: :hunf: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 SINCE 2009 WHEN THIS THREAD STARTED STILL NO ANSWER :evil: :shock: :thumbdown: :hunf:
  • Options
    SuperpandaXXSuperpandaXX Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    So I was having this same problem. I figured my problem was that I was installing more than one sim at a time and for some reason it couldn't install more than one or else it would tell me that an error occurred and to check if my game is updated. Well I tried just installing one sim at a time and it worked just fine. Does this work for anyone else? :roll:
  • Options
    Taylor2468Taylor2468 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I have a suspicion that some (but not all) of the exchange items/content have small viruses in them that cause the sims game to run slower or stop working all together. I believe this is more frequent when downloading sims or households from the exchange.

I had the sims installed on my old PC and it worked fine until I started downloading things from the exchange. After a while of downloading stuff I noticed that my sims game was significantly slower and took longer to load. Later still my computer began to freak out every now and then and not only was sims 3 slow but my entire computer and all its programs were painfully sluggish. Obviously I hadn't downloaded anything else from the exchange. My sims game began to shut down randomly every now and then and my PC started to overheat. Eventually my computer got so overheated it blew up and everything on it was lost.

I now have a MacBook and have downloaded the sims 3 onto it. I have downloaded some popular worlds from the exchange as well as quite a few store items and store worlds. None of these do anything to harm the game or my Mac.

Only yesterday I decided to risk downloading one of the tattoo designs from the exchange. Unlike all the other things I had already downloaded, this one said that the download had failed and to make sure that my game was updated (which it was). A moment later a pop-up appeared saying that there was a small bug on my game and whether I wanted to debug it. It looked like this:

lqyh.png

I clicked 'yes' and the sims 3 launcher shut down and never started itself up again, so I clicked on the game application to open it myself. Straight away the same pop-up appeared. There is no way to get rid of the pop-up unless I click either 'yes' or 'no', which both cause the launcher to shut down. Now there is no way to play my game because the pop-up cannot be avoided.

What I am saying is that I don't think all of the exchange items/content is dangerous or contains bugs/viruses (i.e. popular exchange worlds and patterns), but I think that some might be a little dodgy. I wouldn't recommend downloading a whole lot of it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited February 2014
    Actually, your problem is caused by using the Launcher to start your game. If you bypass the launcher, your game runs much better. However, I never download anything from the Exchange. I only download from trusted sites or the Store.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    edited February 2014
    Have you seen how big the file sizes are for Sims and households on the Exchange? No wonder people have problems with their games after installing them. There is so much CC that comes with a lot of the Exchange stuff. You just have to be careful and download from reputable people.

Not all of us use CC :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    hel800hel800 Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    same here my game wont let me download some cause i need an update it does not tell me what update though :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited July 2014
    You probably need to update your game. Do not use the Launcher to update. Follow the instructions on this thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/740366.page
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.