Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ggrrrrr - sim exchange downloads won't work

I can't get my downloads from the sims exchange to install!!!

I get the error message failed - check to make sure you have the latest updates and I do!!!!

When I click on game updates it says my game is up to date! Why is this all of a sudden happening? Does it have something to do with the update? My previous downloads from sim exchange worked perfectly.

Also, game/content downloading seems to be running slower - is anyone else having this prob?

My game was working perfectly before.....

Comments

• Options
    McGyver02McGyver02 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also experienced the same thing. some customized sim from the exchange doesnt work.
  • Options
    solarsporksolarspork Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2009
    also same. been trying to get a response from a guru and none has happened yet.
  • Options
    miss_steffersmiss_steffers Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    my game is also running a bit slower...but more of the picture bouncing and one time it suddenly quit the program. I noticed this right after I tried to download a sim from the exchange but I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
  • Options
    serpenserpen Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i am getting the same problem when i try to install custom outfits off of the exchange, i can download and install houses fine but for some reason installing clothes always fail
  • Options
    MelodyMelody Posts: 31 New Member
    edited August 2009
    me too! no matter what I download it won't install and I get the same answers as you all bah... I hope a guru replies to all of us soon
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bumping thread for possible replies.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    the most odd thing about this problem is that it says to check for updates even when i have it fully updated...
  • Options
    SheWhoKnitsSheWhoKnits Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Me too! So many goodies I'd like to have....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I have submitted an error report to EA to see if they'll help.

when downloading some (but not all) exchange content, error message reads: " [filename].package: Failed! Please check to see you have the latest software updates and try again." I am currently running the most recent - 1.4.6.107.

This does not occur on all things I try to download from the exchange, but it has been happening more often recently than it did before.

My system information is attached; however, I am not the only user experiencing this. From thesims3.com forums:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/84704.page
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/85553.page

I really hope someone helps us!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    solarspork wrote:
    I have submitted an error report to EA to see if they'll help.

when downloading some (but not all) exchange content, error message reads: " [filename].package: Failed! Please check to see you have the latest software updates and try again." I am currently running the most recent - 1.4.6.107.

This does not occur on all things I try to download from the exchange, but it has been happening more often recently than it did before.

My system information is attached; however, I am not the only user experiencing this. From thesims3.com forums:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/84704.page
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/85553.page

I really hope someone helps us!

I submitted a report too :) So maybe if well all submit 1 they'll realize that it's a big issue and work on the problem asap?! Here's the link if anyone else wants to submit an email to them.

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_li=YWNjX3R5cGU9MiZwX2ZpcnN0X25hbWU9U2lubmEmcF9sYXN0X25hbWU9TWFvJnBfbGlfcGFzc3dkPSZwX2xpX2V4cGlyeT0xMjUwNDkzODM5JnBfY2NmXzM9JnBfc3RhdGUuY3NzPTEmcF9wYXNzd2Q9JnBfdXNlcmlkPVNtYW84OCZwX2NvdW50cnlfaWQ9MSZwX2NjZl89OC8xNy8xOTg4&p_sid=jZOoGAFj&p_sp=&p_faqid=0&p_iid=0&p_created=&p_prod=&p_cat=&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=&p_cats=&prod_lvl1=&prod_lvl2=&prod_lvl3=&cat_lvl1=&cat_lvl2=&cat_lvl3=&p_hidden_prods=&p_search_text=&p_new_search=&p_accessibility=0&p_page=&p_lva=&nextlink=

oh yeah... it's gonna ask you to sign in 1st so pls do so thanks all this will help us all in the long run hopefully they'll acknowledge the issue asap when they notice everyone's dealing with it...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i really hope someone helps us out soon. i'm not giving up on this error message, and i promise i'll continue to bump this thread until we hear *something*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah we cant stop we made the front page of the mac fourm for a bit if we keep bumping theres a great chance a guru will see this
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bump again!
  • Options
    MariJulyMariJuly Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2009
    My game began running real slow when i installed riverview and gave it the update it kept asking for...

I want it the old way it was!!!!!!!!! :(

My legacy is expecting and I left my heir pregnant, so I need to go on!!!!!!!!

BTW!!!

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    shakeableshakeable Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    some items i download to the launcher don't install at all, some others do install but then they are not in the game!
    i really hope they fix it soon, i just got my game las week and not being able to install stuff is making me not enjoy the game a lot, because i feel so frustrated!
    i really hope they read this!
    at the moment I'm not impressed!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bump. i want to keep this as close to the top of the page as possible, as nobody is replying to my email either.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    received two replies. first asked for screencaps of the error message, and was replied to by someone who at least had some comprehension of Macs. The other gave me install instructions for XP and Vista and obviously didn't read any of the problems at all before giving the "corrupt file" form letter.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    solarspork wrote:
    received two replies. first asked for screencaps of the error message, and was replied to by someone who at least had some comprehension of Macs. The other gave me install instructions for XP and Vista and obviously didn't read any of the problems at all before giving the "corrupt file" form letter.

yeah i had the same answer they obviously did not actually read what we wrote wow thanks for caring guru's mac forums bah... imma keep bumping this too until they do something useful for us... heck I just might find a way to give them a call about this problem to b/c to me it's an issue that really needs to be resolved...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Melody wrote:
    solarspork wrote:

yeah i had the same answer they obviously did not actually read what we wrote wow thanks for caring guru's mac forums bah... imma keep bumping this too until they do something useful for us... heck I just might find a way to give them a call about this problem to b/c to me it's an issue that really needs to be resolved...

i wish you luck if you call; i assume this is something that can be solved with a patch? not that i can count on that or anything. it bugs me that it's only SOME content, too, and i can't figure out why it's picking certain ones!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah im starting to get the same hit and miss thing going which is really bugging me and the lack of a good guru answer just futher proves that for the most part tech support sucks
  • Options
    CherubseraphimCherubseraphim Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i got the same concerns. BUMP.
  • Options
    archivisarchivis Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have the same problems on my mac! This is really frustrating that random downloads don't work :(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i just had a house download fail for the first time, the only other time it hasnt worked has been with clothes and sims
  • Options
    AnelizAneliz Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have been having this problem too. Also, if I try to delete an item that didn't successfully download or install, I will get the beach ball of death and have to force-quit the launcher.
  • Options
    tourniquet776tourniquet776 Posts: 257 New Member
    edited August 2009
    What's been happening for me lately is that I try to download a few things and the launcher freezes up. I have to force quit and I lose what I'd been downloading.