Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ggrrrrr - sim exchange downloads won't work

Comments

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If it's for recolors of store items you don't own, I've noticed that doesn't work, but I haven't had the other issues... Just runs a little slower than it used to on my mac. :(
  • Options
    solarsporksolarspork Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2009
    BUMP. EA, please?
  • Options
    twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've ben having the exact same problem, but I have Windows Vista! It's on;y for one lot (BlueChan's legacy house)and I can't figure out how to make it work!
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • Options
    serpenserpen Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    BUMP
  • Options
    solarsporksolarspork Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2009
    and another bump!
  • Options
    SugarhighpixieSugarhighpixie Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    BUMP for same problem. After the new patch nothing showed up.
  • Options
    pebblsrockpebblsrock Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've been trying to download hairstyles and furniture on my mac from the exchange and the "fail" message always shows up! I am so frustrated.
  • Options
    urezarurezar Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ive been havin the same problem... also i was building a house and my game randomly closed so i decided to DL a house and it didnt work.. i am on vista also, has the "game randomly closing" thing happend to anyone else?

Btw When i click install on the items no message comes up, dont know if its a different fualt than all you are having butit sounds similar
  • Options
    shakeableshakeable Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the launcher still will not work with the exchange.
    but i bought a set on the store and it downloaded in 5 seconds and installed instantly and works great!
    obviously EA did take care to fix what we pay for, but the freebies... they don't care!
    XXX
  • Options
    jeanette31612jeanette31612 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    shakeable wrote:
    some items i download to the launcher don't install at all, some others do install but then they are not in the game!
    i really hope they fix it soon, i just got my game las week and not being able to install stuff is making me not enjoy the game a lot, because i feel so frustrated!
    i really hope they read this!
    at the moment I'm not impressed!

Mine wouldn't work either until I went straight to the official site. I can do it through there, but not just from the game launcher. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    VirgoStarrVirgoStarr Posts: 58 New Member
    edited August 2009
    urezar wrote:
    Ive been havin the same problem... also i was building a house and my game randomly closed so i decided to DL a house and it didnt work.. i am on vista also, has the "game randomly closing" thing happend to anyone else?

Btw When i click install on the items no message comes up, dont know if its a different fualt than all you are having butit sounds similar

Hey everyone. I have been having the random closing problem as well.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    patstatspatstats Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ditto on the launcher.

I was able to download purchased content. However, the website page had an error after I purchased more points. I was afraid to hit tha back button in case I would get charged again. I quit my browser and relaunched the launcher and there it was. Everything else I tried to download from the exchange prior to that purchase and after, failed.

There are plenty other strange occurrences, too. Like, the launcher's spinning wheel of death. I sent Apple a report on that issue. I had to force quit too many times that I gave up trying to download another thing.

During gameplay, when I switch between live mode and build mode then back to live mode, the "arrow handles" for extending the walls appear in the game. I've also had items go missing when I try to put them into my inventory or put finished paintings on the walls. They do reappear when I restart the game.

The gameplay is rather choppy. Tbe dialog boxes that appear in midgame to alert you or announce a milestone or opportunity often disappear in a flash of the eye.

I hadn't played the game in a month and missed the earlier update. When I returned to playing the game three days ago, I installed the latest update. I had NO TROUBLE with this game UNTIL THIS UPDATE. I like the previous version much better. Why is it that when EA updates a game, it usually makes things worse until 2 or 3 patches later? Sure, they're getting ready to launch the EP and haven't worked out all the bugs yet. This update is buggier than the first update. Please patch! :roll:
    Simmering since the beginning!
  • Options
    serpenserpen Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    when i download content from the store it installs fine but when its from the exchange i almost always get the fail error
  • Options
    sweetclementinexsweetclementinex Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Same problem for me too!
    Anything I download from the store works just fine, but any custom content is screwy and won't download.
    I DID get 2 custom sims downloaded out of the 7 I tried to download, but then none of their custom content showed up. They reverted back to default hairstyles/outfits. It kind of bums me out. Seems like nobody cares that we're having problems running on our macs!
  • Options
    AerzulieAerzulie Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have experienced both problems mentioned in this thread:

first, being unable to install custom content. It's a crap shoot really-- some stuff installs fine, and others I keep receiving the "installation failed! make sure you have the latest updates" line for stuff downloaded from The Exchange. HUGE BUMMER.

second, my launcher has also been freezing since the latest patch.

BUMP.

The first post on this thread was at the beginning of August, and we still haven't received a reply from a Guru. What's the deal??
  • Options
    shoebabeshoebabe Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, here I was thinking I had avoided most if not all of the problems that Mac users have found. But then today I tried to install a particularly cute Sim from the exchange, and I could not get it to work. I kept on getting fail messages. How frustrating.
  • Options
    badrm83badrm83 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    im having the same problems when i download from the exchange many of it gives me the error message even though my game is up to date and its really frustrating.. does anyone know where i can get the riverview neighborhood off this site?
  • Options
    badrm83badrm83 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how can i download or tell if i have this patch http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-1305057144 ???

im up to date on the game to the latest patch and yet i get the error message that i need to update
  • Options
    xoxlesliexoxleslie Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SAME problem! I want those beautiful hair styles like everyone else downloaded in the exchange...;-; help!
  • Options
    irishswtpeairishswtpea Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Mine keeps doing the same thing! I'm so irritated I could scream. I'm not quite ready to go down to EA (even though they're 15 miles from my house), but I'm getting close. They don't seem to care about us Mac users. Releasing the game on dual platforms was smart of them, but it was rushed, and has too many bugs. We really, really need a patch to fix all of the problems the LAST patch caused!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You should do it! Makes me wonder why no ones helped out yet...D<
  • Options
    hettiehettie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Every time try to download and install it keeps failing is it the GB or something???!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DeviousMuffinDeviousMuffin Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also have the same problem. None of my downloaded sims work. I really want the CC from them, but they do not seem to work. Bump this. Dont let it die. we need an answer. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    BUMP
  • Options
    AerzulieAerzulie Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    BUMP