Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ggrrrrr - sim exchange downloads won't work

Comments

• Options
    iJancyiJancy Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have Sims3 WA HELS and Ambitions-All up to date-All working fine with all downloaded purchases. No CC from Exchange.
    Had 1 problem with map tags not showing in RiverView-I went into game launcher, installed content, clicked on Run without custom content" just to see if it would fix map tags!
    Big Mistake!!!!
    Started up my saved game and now I get a warning message-

-MISSING OBJECTS WARNING! Some objects could not be loaded and were replaced.

I get this now in every saved game. I made sure that Run without custom content in the installed Content section of game launcher was not checked and it isn't.

Now nothing that I purchased from the store shows up in my game. I am able to use the launcher to download and it says successful but still nothing from installed content is in any game. There is a folder with all my downloads --EA the sims downloads all in there. I am on a mac running snow leopard with 4 memory.
    RUN WITHOUT CUSTOM CONTENT in game launcher caused this mess -- this is completely insane.

Thanks
  • Options
    megeg29megeg29 Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    RIGHT ,, i only read the 1st page so yeah if someone replied to the problem sorry

but i too experianced this but i went to updates and it never need one so i restarted my computer then went back on refreshed it and there was a update if this dont work with you am sorry but i tryed :-)
  • Options
    BeckBeck09BeckBeck09 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2010
    This problem is still not fixed.

:-(

I can not download custom Sims and it stinks.
  • Options
    Tabbietoes13Tabbietoes13 Posts: 6
    edited August 2010
    I've only just joined, and i'm having the same problem as well except nothing that i get can from online will download onto my game even stuff I have brought from the store. To do with the exchange stuff it only works for me if i download it from the launcher. Also I can't install Riverview and when it said i had installed the world builder i went on the sims and it wasn't on there. It was soooooo annoying!!! As well as the stuff that I get from the exchange it changes slightly so I can't use it or get a glitch. If anyone from EA reads this they should realy adress it because my friend has a windows and it works just fine. :evil:
    I really, really need help, if anyone knows anything can they please send me a mesage! :cry: :!:
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited August 2010
    It's not just a mac problem apparently as I can't install anything off the exchange either and I have windows. :(
  • Options
    DestinysCreaturesDestinysCreatures Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited August 2010
    I am new to the site about two months, just found this thread and read the whole thing. I am so surprised that even after a year EA has done nothing about this issue. I can't download anything from the exchange except the hair. When I do it comes up with a yellow warning sign and I delete it from the game. I am on an I-MAC though I am hearing this is not just a MAC issue but everyone seems to have a problem. I have downloaded things from the store, they seem to work no problem, but some times when things do install from the exchange they never show up in the game? Same with the store?

It's can't be a ram issue because I have 4gigs of ram and a 1TB hardrive. I don't understand why EA doesn't care about these issues? I mean we pay to own the game, the HELS which I felt had way less stuff on it then any I got from SIMS2, you bye all the expansions, all the patches are up to date, then you have a problem and either you are ignored (having written tech support three weeks ago with no response) OR you hope you can find a solution like everyone else. :cry:

So for now I can't use there exchange which seems unfair, and I am not to keen on spending my Sim points if I won't get what I paid for. Reading this I see no answer, calling doesn't work, writing doesn't work, they can't come into the thread and address the issue. They have another expansion pack coming out and also another stuff, maybe if we stopped buying they would get the message, because like so many of you though I enjoy the game I did not pay 50. to constantly freeze and have to restart :evil: So please EA some help????
  • Options
    novaseekernovaseeker Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm having a similar issue. Some things are downloaded and some are not. And even among those that are downloaded, not all are showing up in the game. What a mess.
  • Options
    KiwisoxKiwisox Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2010
    Does anybody else find it completely ridiculous that they have not even posted on this thread that they are looking into it or any shred of hope for us? This post is over a year old and full of people all having the same problem...obviously something is wrong here. I find this absolutely infuriating that they truly do not care enough to even stop in and try and figure out what is wrong!
  • Options
    Lono04Lono04 Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Did anyone get an answer to this problem?
  • Options
    FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2011
    Lono04 wrote:
    Did anyone get an answer to this problem?

Actually, yes

They can find their common answers here

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/337626.page
  • Options
    TomorrowsSimTomorrowsSim Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Same here, it says to open up on my launcher, but nothing's there.
  • Options
    TomorrowsSimTomorrowsSim Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Same here, it says to open up on my launcher, but nothing's there.
  • Options
    BareBearBareBear Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2011
    McGyver02 wrote:
    I also experienced the same thing. some customized sim from the exchange doesnt work.
    The lots, houses and hair colors down load fine, but clothes, objects and some sims say tey've down loaded but aren't in game play! :?
  • Options
    khamernebtikhamernebti Posts: 14
    edited December 2011
    iJancy wrote:
    I have Sims3 WA HELS and Ambitions-All up to date-All working fine with all downloaded purchases. No CC from Exchange.
    Had 1 problem with map tags not showing in RiverView-I went into game launcher, installed content, clicked on Run without custom content" just to see if it would fix map tags!
    Big Mistake!!!!
    Started up my saved game and now I get a warning message-

-MISSING OBJECTS WARNING! Some objects could not be loaded and were replaced.

I get this now in every saved game. I made sure that Run without custom content in the installed Content section of game launcher was not checked and it isn't.

Now nothing that I purchased from the store shows up in my game. I am able to use the launcher to download and it says successful but still nothing from installed content is in any game. There is a folder with all my downloads --EA the sims downloads all in there. I am on a mac running snow leopard with 4 memory.
    RUN WITHOUT CUSTOM CONTENT in game launcher caused this mess -- this is completely insane.

Thanks

Was the above problem ever resolved? I've been having the same issue and tried just about everything from the forums to fix it, but nothing works.
  • Options
    reillykstover27reillykstover27 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    i agree with 08th they dont care so they most likely fix it.Im having the same problems. but there are some web sits you can get free sims stuff on just have to make sheer they wont hurt your computer or crash your game.
  • Options
    khamernebtikhamernebti Posts: 14
    edited January 2012
    Doesn't EA want our money? I would buy many more sim points if I could use the custom content, and I am sure many other users aren't buying any sim points because they can't use the stuff in the game.
  • Options
    candycane2106candycane2106 Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    UUGGGH :thumbdown: - same thing here, no updates and my exchange items don't even want to download!!! It just says do you want to launch the application and then the launcher pops up and nothing happens :?: I've tried to save the files too but when i try 2 install it just says FAIL??? :cry: I also have a problem with the graphics involving the pets in the Sims 3 pets.. but that another story unless you have answers....
    PLEASE HELP SIms 3 is the best but who wants glitches 2 ruin the experience?? :mrgreen::cry: :-P
    I REALLY WANT HELP IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS 4 MONTHS NOW PLS!!!
  • Options
    ArgalesArgales Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I have experienced that, but if I wanna download the exchange stuff instead of clicking the *add to game* button , I clicked *save file* instead.... also try switch to safari or chrome browser if you try to download store items, because if you use Firefox 64 bit it might won't download, of course you are more than welcome to try to download with FF 32 bit (application-firefox-right click and click get info, then choose to open in 32 bit mode

hope this all works ..... :)
  • Options
    tazliebumtazliebum Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    badrm83 wrote:
    im having the same problems when i download from the exchange many of it gives me the error message even though my game is up to date and its really frustrating.. does anyone know where i can get the riverview neighborhood off this site?

I'm having the same problem. anyone know how to fix it. i really want new clothes
  • Options
    MysticWolf12MysticWolf12 Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    i've had a similar problem,i've downloaded a sim but it isnt in my game!!!! grrrrr :evil:
  • Options
    xoxxbbygirlxxoxxoxxbbygirlxxox Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Now this is happening to me. I can't add it from the exchange it won't show up in my launcher, and if I save the file it'll go to the launcher and such and start downloading but then it says I need to check that my software for the game is up to date and try again. The weird thing is, is my launcher was working perfectly fine the other day. I've even gone through and deleted a bunch of downloads and it still isn't working :/ Is anyone having this problem again?
  • Options
    supercat41032supercat41032 Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    That's what's happening to me, too! Someone on EA needs to help us!
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited August 2012
    This has been happening to me lately too, when I choose "Add To Game" it will load the launcher but nothing will ever appear. I have to exit the launcher and try again and again, by the fourth time it will work, or if not, I have to try again and again.

Yet another bug to add to the list for Mac users. :roll:
  • Options
    beckydhbeckydh Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Same issue here too... is there a number i can call to speak to someone? Quite frustrating since I just paid to purchase more points allowing me to get Sunlit Tides but sadly didnt work due to the same message. I've also lost Lucky Palms due to the same message.
  • Options
    sulphurbluesulphurblue Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Having this exact same issue on PC. Nothing from the Store will Download and exchange always pops up saying 'need a new update' even though I JUST BOUGHT THE GAME TWO HOURS AGO and it says I'm up to date on everything.

Has EA even addressed this? If not I'm going to be making some ANGRY phonecalls.