Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 007 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    New post on my blog!
    So you can't ask a teen to move in with you? The option just won't come up for Abby to ask Garett. I really wanted him to move in before he grew up.
    Nope..u can't....game says young adult + only :/
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited September 2015
    New post on my blog!

So you can't ask a teen to move in with you? The option just won't come up for Abby to ask Garett. I really wanted him to move in before he grew up.

No, sadly you can't BUT if they are very close to aging up anyway you could have a party and invite them over then have them blow out the candles so your Sims could be part of the party. Then your Sim and them could continue their relationship and you could then invite them to move in. We can control others to age them up but they would have to be at 0 days to their birthday or 1 day away I would think. Only thing is...I am not sure how you would find out how close they are.

I think the only way to find out would be to go into manage worlds and play them for a minute. I don't even think taking them into CAS would show their age. I would just wait till he or she ages up.
  • Options
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ... I have a new update ... though sadly, I was so busy trying to get Hayden to interact with each of the men at the park that I did not get enough to get a better story going. .. oh well here is the update: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

and sneak peak pic:
    09-08-15_8-12c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543

ETA: I'm gonna go drift off to catch up on all of your blogs now :)

I haven't read your story yet but I had the same problem. Which is why one of my chapters is 3 seconds long. BOB forgot to take pictures LOL..actually it was because I was running around like a crazy person trying to find all the contestants so I could interact with them.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Nothing exciting going on at the moment but I thought I'd post a picture of Glenda now that she's a child:
    Wm0cgYr.png

I'm thinking of giving her a sibling, what do you think?
  • Options
    @MocaJava she is sooo pretty!! LOVE the black hair w/her skin tone!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Nothing exciting going on at the moment but I thought I'd post a picture of Glenda now that she's a child:
    Wm0cgYr.png

I'm thinking of giving her a sibling, what do you think?

Yeah I would give her a sibling. She is really pretty. :)
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi drifters! ... I have a new update: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

sneak peak: 09-09-15_6-32c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543

OK now I'm drifting off to catch up on your blogs!

Ohh and Mocajava, you should definately give her some siblings to play with :smiley:
  • Options
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    OK now I'm drifting off to catch up on your blogs!

Ohh and Mocajava, you should definately give her some siblings to play with :smiley:

Glenda has a sister on the way! I think maybe one more after this...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Ok this is funny...guess who should show up right before Abby went into labor again? Khalil! I don't know why he has this effect on her :D . It's the only times he's visited her, too. Welcome Pauline, another green girl!

Here's Pauline as a child:
    5WMfljg.png
    Post edited by MocaJava on
  • Options
    Ok this is funny...guess who should show up right before Abby went into labor again? Khalil! I don't know why he has this effect on her :D . It's the only times he's visited her, too. Welcome Pauline, another green girl!

Here's Pauline as a child:
    5WMfljg.png

Except for their skin color the kids look very different. I hope you can have a child that has her skin color. Seems green is dominating. I have heard of that soul mate bug. I just hope I don't get it. I am waiting to marry them after their dates. Of course, right now they are standing on some bare land. I finally found a house I want to build. Seems all Spanish homes look very similar. At least the house plans I was looking at they do. I found a couple of mid century moderns I really like though.

What are you building on your land? I love rustic type homes..you know like vineyard homes but I am not sure that goes with Oasis Springs. I have a few I would LOVE to build but maybe in the next EP they will fit in more.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Except for their skin color the kids look very different. I hope you can have a child that has her skin color. Seems green is dominating. I have heard of that soul mate bug. I just hope I don't get it. I am waiting to marry them after their dates. Of course, right now they are standing on some bare land. I finally found a house I want to build. Seems all Spanish homes look very similar. At least the house plans I was looking at they do. I found a couple of mid century moderns I really like though.

What are you building on your land? I love rustic type homes..you know like vineyard homes but I am not sure that goes with Oasis Springs. I have a few I would LOVE to build but maybe in the next EP they will fit in more.

I'm guessing Paul's skin is dominant since Abby is only 1/4 alien. I'm thinking one more kid just to see what happens (and I'd kind of like a boy). I keep getting female heirs, think I've only had one male heir and that was house 3.

I'm not good at building houses at all, I just sort of add/expand rooms when they're needed and then try to make the result look presentable in the end. Sometimes they turn out pretty good but I never really go for a certain 'style'. I didn't build the house in house 6, that was just too big and expensive for me to figure out on my own.

• Options

I'm guessing Paul's skin is dominant since Abby is only 1/4 alien. I'm thinking one more kid just to see what happens (and I'd kind of like a boy). I keep getting female heirs, think I've only had one male heir and that was house 3.

I'm not good at building houses at all, I just sort of add/expand rooms when they're needed and then try to make the result look presentable in the end. Sometimes they turn out pretty good but I never really go for a certain 'style'. I didn't build the house in house 6, that was just too big and expensive for me to figure out on my own.

While I was making up my challenge I am doing, I found a TON of shells people had made by doing a search #unfurnished. If you really don't like to build there are tons of shells out there you could decorate.

Building is a challenge for me too in a lot of ways but I enjoy doing it so I keep trying. Basically I look at a picture and try to draw the outside of the house to match as closely as possible- using windows and doors as a guide. Unlike some people I can't ever get it to look exact. Then I put in the walls to match the floor plan as closely as I can. Lately, I have been making the shell then waiting until my couple can buy it and plop it down. It is easier than trying to build one square at a time.
  • Options
    While I was making up my challenge I am doing, I found a TON of shells people had made by doing a search #unfurnished. If you really don't like to build there are tons of shells out there you could decorate.

Building is a challenge for me too in a lot of ways but I enjoy doing it so I keep trying. Basically I look at a picture and try to draw the outside of the house to match as closely as possible- using windows and doors as a guide. Unlike some people I can't ever get it to look exact. Then I put in the walls to match the floor plan as closely as I can. Lately, I have been making the shell then waiting until my couple can buy it and plop it down. It is easier than trying to build one square at a time.

We have some interesting old houses in my town, I keep thinking I'd like to take some pictures of them and try to replicate them ingame. I might actually try that someday.

But yeah making the shell first makes sense, I should try that. Normally I start just slapping rooms together and I end up with this shape I can't make any particular style of house from, they tend to end up all boxy.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Oh boy...I decided to have Abby have one more baby, and...well this happened.
    v7zRgrF.jpg

The girl popped up first and I was sort of disappointed because i was hoping for a boy...then a second popped up and I was like 'yay twins and i got a boy!' Then the third one popped up... :o

So, um...welcome Charlene, Abner and Abraham! :D

Here they are as kids. first, Charlene:
    vHZYVl1.png

Abner:
    u9b9AWh.png

And Abraham:
    YRm0Lbn.png
  • Options
    Oh boy...I decided to have Abby have one more baby, and...well this happened.
    v7zRgrF.jpg
    The girl popped up first and I was sort of disappointed because i was hoping for a boy...then a second popped up and I was like 'yay twins and i got a boy!' Then the third one popped up... :o
    So, um...welcome Charlene, Abner and Abraham! :D

Oooo I just love it!!! <3<3 U definitely got the boy(s) you've been missing LOL ALL of their children r neat looking...pretty/handsom :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    wow Glenda really does have plenty of siblings to play with now!! LOL Congrats on your triplets, they are adorable!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wow @mocjava Congrats on the boys and the triplets. I can't believe Not ONE was blue. OH well, at least you did get the boy you wanted. Maybe you can later on move him in the next house and keep them or one of them around so you can see them grow up.

I love MC Command Center for this reason. I have story progression in my game and I love to see what happens to the people I leave behind. :)

Wow really loving the eye colors on these kids. Looking good :)

@Vihisha If we run into the soul mate bug can we cheat past it. I haven't gotten there yet but was just wondering if it is okay. I am thinking you will say yes but just wanted to ask.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say I am really getting into all of your stories. Love reading your blogs. This is such fun :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wow @mocjava Congrats on the boys and the triplets. I can't believe Not ONE was blue. OH well, at least you did get the boy you wanted. Maybe you can later on move him in the next house and keep them or one of them around so you can see them grow up.

I love MC Command Center for this reason. I have story progression in my game and I love to see what happens to the people I leave behind. :)

@Vihisha If we run into the soul mate bug can we cheat past it. I haven't gotten there yet but was just wondering if it is okay. I am thinking you will say yes but just wanted to ask.

@glimmer50 Yeah I have a full house now since Garett moved in as well. The place is total chaos lol. And Glenda is about to become a teen, I can't wait to see what she looks like. I was hoping one of the kids would get Abby's skin color but I guess with Paul being full blooded alien his genes are just too dominant.

I don't think @vihisha minds you using the cheat if you bug, long as you actually did fulfill the requirements, I had to do it.

My heir is now a teen! Wow she's beautiful!
    LRShZoY.png
  • Options

@glimmer50 Yeah I have a full house now since Garett moved in as well. The place is total chaos lol. And Glenda is about to become a teen, I can't wait to see what she looks like. I was hoping one of the kids would get Abby's skin color but I guess with Paul being full blooded alien his genes are just too dominant.

I don't think @vihisha minds you using the cheat if you bug, long as you actually did fulfill the requirements, I had to do it.

My heir is now a teen! Wow she's beautiful!
    LRShZoY.png

Wow she is absolutely stunning. I just LOVE her eye color and skin tone. Her hair is perfect. I love watching how the genetics play out in this game.
  • Options
    I have to agree she has the most beautiful eyes .. shape and color!

Ohh I have an update .... https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

09-11-15_6-23c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543
  • Options
    So, i'm pretty much done. House is built, aspiration achieved, just waiting on Glenda to age up. Since we've got a lot of time til the next house I'm pondering something...doing the challenges over again with my dear ugly Randolf, sort of a combination uglacy/drifter thing. What do you think?

I'm really sad now I never kept a family tree for my drifter family on a website like familyecho because the in game family tree only keeps for so many generations then starts deleting people. Maybe I could start now with Abby and her family, and maybe Randolf if I decide to do the Ugly Drifter thing.
  • Options
    Yes...as this is not something we can control :smile: I do hope that u don't end up w/the trouble tho!
    So, i'm pretty much done. House is built, aspiration achieved, just waiting on Glenda to age up. Since we've got a lot of time til the next house I'm pondering something...doing the challenges over again with my dear ugly Randolf, sort of a combination uglacy/drifter thing. What do you think?
    That might b kinda' neat 2 c how genetics really play out yanno!?

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I also ran into the soulmate bug and had to cheat past it, once Hayden had met all the criteria.

Here is todays update link: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

... and sneak peak pic: 09-12-15_6-30c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I'm really sad now I never kept a family tree for my drifter family on a website like familyecho because the in game family tree only keeps for so many generations then starts deleting people. Maybe I could start now with Abby and her family, and maybe Randolf if I decide to do the Ugly Drifter thing.

Yeah I have kept mine on Family Echo. I like that website because it is pretty easy to maintain. I put in their job, aspiration, traits, hair and eye color, cause of death and if whether they reach the top of their career.

I would definitely do the drifter challenges with Randolf- it would be interesting to see how the genetics plays out. I am doing Rosebud with him, but I haven't had much time to play it LOL.

After this generation is born, this will be the longest I have every played one family. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top