Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 007 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    I also ran into the soulmate bug and had to cheat past it, once Hayden had met all the criteria.

Here is todays update link: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

... and sneak peak pic: 09-12-15_6-30c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543

I love your house. It is so nice looking. :)
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I also ran into the soulmate bug and had to cheat past it, once Hayden had met all the criteria.
    How annoying! :neutral:
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    After this generation is born, this will be the longest I have every played one family. :)
    Yeay! How does it feel?!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »
    How annoying! :neutral:
    After this generation is born, this will be the longest I have every played one family. :)
    Yeay! How does it feel?!

It is great!! It sure doesn't feel like I have been playing the same family that long :)

My soul mate aspiration part wouldn't update once they became soul mates. I took screen shots of it and then had to cheat past it. It is annoying. I made sure I went out on the dates first though.

q8RRxLH.jpg

U6LVo2j.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

Me too. I've tried to do legacy challenges but I tend to manage 3 or 4 generations before I get bored.

• Options
    So, I decided to my ugly version of the drifter challenge, starting with house 1. It seems like so long ago that I did my first drifter challenge, it feels a bit weird going back. Randolf and his wife had twin girls so right now I'm just working on getting money to build the house.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    MocaJava wrote: »
    So, I decided to my ugly version of the drifter challenge, starting with house 1. It seems like so long ago that I did my first drifter challenge, it feels a bit weird going back. Randolf and his wife had twin girls so right now I'm just working on getting money to build the house.

Yayyy is there somewhere we can read about it? Are you posting your progress in House 001 rules. Well I could go look LOL. But just wondering if you will be blogging about it or not. I know blogging can be time consuming. I will be interested to follow your progress so I hope you post some pictures.

I have completed the requirements for House 007 all except for the baby and he or she is on the way. I think...I haven't had her tested yet. The house still needs a bunch of work but it sits at 42k right now, soul mate aspiration completed...just have to have the nooo boo and wait for him or her to become a YA. Hopefully, by then I will be done decorating the house.

This has been a great challenge Vihisha. I have had and still am having a lot of fun doing it. Can't wait to see what House 008 has in store for us. I am glad this one will be done early because next week I am full time and then some due to my boss being on vacation. It means instead of working 3x a week I go full time and run the department...bleah. I hate it but the poor woman has to go on vacation. I will be so busy I doubt I get to play at all. So perfect timing with this challenge. :)
  • Options
    @glimmer50 I haven't posted anything yet...I just haven't been feeling motivated to make up a story for it yet, same reason I haven't posted more on this house. I got plenty of screenies just not feeling up to writing anything really.

I really don't like Randolf's wife much...for some reason I picture Randolf as liking men but we have to have a naturally born heir. With MC Command Center I could give him a biological child with a same-sex partner but the rules say they have to be made via try for baby so I guess that wouldn't be kosher.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    HI everyone. I have a new update https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

and sneak peak pic: 09-13-15_8-33c2a0am.png?w=1024&h=543
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 Nice update! Grats on the nooboo. Abby's husband Paul headed over to the playground when they were expecting their first child, I guess the fellows figured it's a good place to learn about kids. But unlike Paul, your guy didn't go there in his underwear :D
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 Nice update! Grats on the nooboo. Abby's husband Paul headed over to the playground when they were expecting their first child, I guess the fellows figured it's a good place to learn about kids. But unlike Paul, your guy didn't go there in his underwear :D

LOL no but I think he did go in his swimming trunks once.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Ok so I managed, by going through the previous Drifter threads, to create a family tree. I've forgotten the name of my very first Drifter and the last name of my one Drifter's second husband but otherwise it's got all the info. It's here.

Pauline is now a teen. Man Abby and Paul are making some beautiful kids. I think she looks a lot like Abby's mother.
    pHaMbgc.png
    Post edited by MocaJava on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @glimmer50 I haven't posted anything yet...I just haven't been feeling motivated to make up a story for it yet, same reason I haven't posted more on this house. I got plenty of screenies just not feeling up to writing anything really.

I really don't like Randolf's wife much...for some reason I picture Randolf as liking men but we have to have a naturally born heir. With MC Command Center I could give him a biological child with a same-sex partner but the rules say they have to be made via try for baby so I guess that wouldn't be kosher.

I don't know if you are playing this on the side as your own challenge in addition to your regular challenge then you could fudge the rules if you really see him with a male. Your future heir and so on could be attracted to women. And technically, wouldn't they "try for baby" as a same sex couple with Mc Command Center? I know you flag them but the heir just has to be naturally born in the game, I doubt it matters how. Of course, if you really want to follow the "rules" then I guess we should see what V has to say about it.

But in the end, it is your game and I would do what is fun for you. Just my 2 cents. :)

I really like Pauline she turned out really pretty. Yeah you are right they are making some nice looking children. I love the different genetics.

None of my Sims have gone to the playground yet. I really need to write on my blog and get caught up LOL. I am so behind. Their whole lives will be gone before I can get up the first post. :#
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I don't know if you are playing this on the side as your own challenge in addition to your regular challenge then you could fudge the rules if you really see him with a male. Your future heir and so on could be attracted to women. And technically, wouldn't they "try for baby" as a same sex couple with Mc Command Center? I know you flag them but the heir just has to be naturally born in the game, I doubt it matters how. Of course, if you really want to follow the "rules" then I guess we should see what V has to say about it.

Yeah I doubt @Vihisha would care, well I'm not going to start over now. I'll keep that in mind for the future though, as well as for my main drifter family here. Haven't felt the urge to hook anyone of this family up with the same gender but my heirs have all been female except one...man I keep hoping for a male heir this family has SO many girls. :D

Update on my blog. An old enemy returns!

• Options
    Pauline is absolutely gorgeous! I'm gonna drift over to your blog and get caught up :smile:
  • Options
    I have completed the requirements for House 007 all except for the baby and he or she is on the way. I think...I haven't had her tested yet. The house still needs a bunch of work but it sits at 42k right now, soul mate aspiration completed...just have to have the nooo boo and wait for him or her to become a YA. Hopefully, by then I will be done decorating the house.
    Woot woot! Great job!!! Let me know when u r 100% done done...so I can leave u a message on your wall :wink:
    This has been a great challenge Vihisha. I have had and still am having a lot of fun doing it. Can't wait to see what House 008 has in store for us. I am glad this one will be done early because next week I am full time and then some due to my boss being on vacation. It means instead of working 3x a week I go full time and run the department...bleah. I hate it but the poor woman has to go on vacation. I will be so busy I doubt I get to play at all. So perfect timing with this challenge. :)
    I am so so glad 2 hear that u enjoyed this house mini-challenge so much!!! Don't work 2 hard (tho is sounds like you'll b hoppin')
    U would b correct in your assumptions...HOWEVER...like I tell anyone who has rules as such they would like 2 "bend" I've created this challenge w/certain rules in place...this is your game...it's meant 2 b fun...I merely am giving u rules/guidelines 2 follow. If there r things that u feel u JUST must do...go 4 it...I'd rather u enjoy The Drifter Challenge then get frustrated & feel like it's no longer fun.

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Does anyone know anything about word press? I am having issues. I tried to put my new post under my new category House 007- part 2 doing the same things I always do and it won't put it there. It puts it on the about page or the home page. I have checked and it shouldn't be doing that. It is possible that I have to many categories? Maybe I need to make one of them inactive or something.

I am such a noob when it comes to blogs. If you all don't know then how can I find the answer?
  • Options
    I dunno @Glimmer50 sry :neutral:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Okay well it is working now. I don't know what happened. But Chapter 1 is up in House 007 Part 2. I seriously need to take a blogging course or something.

Does anyone know how I can learn to use Word press better? How did you all learn? I found some video tutorials...I guess I need to watch them. This weekend will be short so I don't have time to mess with it now but I guess at some point, I need to sit down and look at one of those tutorials.

Anywho, here is link to my update: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/1-felix-and-kate-begin-their-life/

Breadcrumb:
    So, after I decided to give away the house I grew up in, we moved onto our patch of land. So, you are probably asking yourself: Why in the world would someone give away a mansion? I mean come on Felix what WERE you thinking? Well, I was thinking that I grew up having everything a person could ever want and now I had Kate. So, I just wanted us to start our life fresh together. Plus, I figured it would be a cool adventure to move to Oasis Springs. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision. So, here we are on our patch of land.
    gklmEtf.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Final update for house 7 on my blog! Lots of birthdays!

@glimmer50 Great update, can't wait to see what happens next!

Just added a blog entry for Randolf and the start of his own Drifter legacy!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I really enjoyed your last updates Moca and Glimmer! ... and here is my final update for house 007 as well: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

09-14-15_7-22c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543
  • Options
    GRATZ @tammyjo329 on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 007!! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks Vi! woohoo .... now I play the waiting game again LOL ... soK I got that sims 3 drifter game going to keep me busy till your ready with house 008!
  • Options
    Won't b 2 long :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    This is my crazy week at work. Flu shot, overtime, root canal...OMG when will it be over? Then this weekend I celebrate my birthday so I don't when I will get around to updating my blog and finishing this challenge all the way. But I have to get it updated because the most incredible thing happened and I can't share it until I update my blog...grrr. Anyway, I will try to do it this weekend. By the time I get everything done and updated you will be out with House 008 LOL. I won't have to wait long. I have been reading all your stories ..just haven't commented. I even read Randolph's. Sad he passed away. But I am curious to see how his legacy will go with genetics and all. B)

Congrats @tammyjo329 for completing the challenge. Yayyy. :) I read your blog too..aww what a nice ending and you have such a nice normal family. My family is anything but normal it would seem...well this generation isn't to bad but it has it's surprises LOL.

Okay, I have drift off to bed soon...early day...bleah..be glad when this week is done. :s
  • Options
    @glimmer50 Randolf was truly a legend. But I think his grandson has a lot of his personality.

There's a new blog update for House 2: Ugly Edition if anyone's interested.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top