Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Launcher will no longer download store items

After having no issues at all, suddenly the launcher is no longer working properly when I try to download store items. I click "download" the cursor spins a bit, and nothing. If I try to close the launcher I'll get this message, "The download process is running. Do you want to cancel this process and end the application?" Sometimes when I select that, the launcher will go unresponsive. I've had to shut it down from the Task Manager when it wouldn't let me restart my computer.

I tried downloading a pattern from the Exchange, to see if it happens there as well, but I had no problems. Downloading from the Exchange works just fine. It happens with anything in my purchase history. I had a very unhappy experience with EA Help. The person had me try to update the game, but I have the latest update. He wanted me to uninstall and reinstall Origin, then uninstall and reinstall the game. None of it worked, I only ended up with a disconnected call when he told me to run CC Cleaner but didn't warn me it would close my browser. I feel like I'm out of options here, I don't know why it was working until 4 hours ago, and I don't know how to fix this. I cleared my web cache too, but that didn't help.

Comments

• Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Oh this started happening for me today. I also can't download store content through the download dashboard in game.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Great googly moogly. I found another thread in the main Sims 3 Tech help that describes the same thing.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/850854/cant-download-store-items#latest

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a Store issue, and wasn't related to my game at all. To think I did all those steps for EA Help, uninstalled and reinstalled my game, and it could be something that they have to fix with the Store.

Sometimes when I try to download Store content, I'll get an error message to check my logs. When I do, this is what I have-

2015/08/18|03:11:12|OFB-SIM3:19503|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 21.0.150.024017|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|
    2015/08/18|03:22:12|OFB-SIM3:21763|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||
    2015/08/18|04:07:21|OFB-SIM3:18162|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 21.0.150.024017|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    This is happening for me too right now. I'm going to wait and see...
  • Options
    So between this thread, and the other one I linked there are a few of us who are having the issue. I'm thinking something is broken with the Store, not our games, especially since it happened all around the same time, and we had no issues beforehand.

@SimGuruDrake, who do we report this issue to? Unfortunately the EAHelp person I spoke with when my problem first occurred wasn't terribly helpful, I don't think he was aware if there is indeed a problem with the Store. So how do we get this reported to the right folks so it can be fixed soon? Or are they already aware of it? I bought the Worlds Bundle from Amazon a couple of days ago, I would sure like to download my worlds when it gets here.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited August 2015
    I too am having the same problem. I brought or should I say that I got the March 2011 Compilation for free last night since I had owned 81% of the set. So when I hit the green download button, it brings up the launcher but nothing is downloading of at least it's not visible as I have gotten that same message whenever I try to close the launcher.

Please EA, look into this probblem and fix it as I didn' t have this problem back in June when I had to reinstall the gase game, all EP's/SP's and store stuff. And I had installed the storre stuff little at a time.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    It has started working again for me but so slow. The launcher also installed a store update first.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    I finally got my set to download to the launcher. I didn't have a store update as I am already up to date with the store patches... :)
  • Options
    Looks like mine is working now too. I wish they'd put up a warning when this happens, so I don't panic and contact EAHelp. If I'd known it was on the Store side, I wouldn't have wasted so much time reinstalling the game.
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Yeah I was so scared it was my PC, Since my stupid windows updated - so many updates! I was sure it broke it and was devastated! lol! Glad it's all fixed, working smoother than ever!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    I think it's fixed now.
    They were probably updating something ingame/
  • Options
    GyreboxGyrebox Posts: 29 New Member
    I had this same problem and went through customer service chat and they had me reset all my services and start ups and it worked after a restart. I did not try until the next day so I am not sure if it was me or they fixed it on their end.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    My issue is still not fixed. When I keep things in the download section of the launcher the stuff stays in the file, but when I delete it from that file after it says it is installed then everything deletes!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @jimmysnan, I am confused. You can not delete anything in the launcher without it disappearing from the game, but you can manually go into your downloads folder in the sims 3 folder and move out or delete the files after they are installed. They will still be in your game that way.
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited September 2015
    I have noticed for a long time that this happens for me in Google Chrome. Usually to download Sims 3 store items I have to launch IE, but tonight it's not even working in IE. Just clicking the Download button on the item page or the white Download button in purchase history does nothing, and if I click on the check button next to the item in purchase history and click the blue Download button it opens a new tab with the link but nothing downloads or installs. Microsoft Edge throws up an error about the app not being found. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I moved it all to D drive instead of the default location, but this shouldn't make any difference to whether I can download the file itself or not! Now I'm having to use the ingame Sims 3 Dashboard instead, which I suppose is better as it's found files I didn't realise I hadn't yet installed.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I have noticed for a long time that this happens for me in Google Chrome. Usually to download Sims 3 store items I have to launch IE, but tonight it's not even working in IE. Just clicking the Download button on the item page or the white Download button in purchase history does nothing, and if I click on the check button next to the item in purchase history and click the blue Download button it opens a new tab with the link but nothing downloads or installs. Microsoft Edge throws up an error about the app not being found. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I moved it all to D drive instead of the default location, but this shouldn't make any difference to whether I can download the file itself or not! Now I'm having to use the ingame Sims 3 Dashboard instead, which I suppose is better as it's found files I didn't realise I hadn't yet installed.

I'm having the same issue. I can only install from inside the game, which is fine for store items, but there are some items from the exchange I want to download and I have the same problem with them. They won't install. I really wish I could figure this out.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Same issue here! I had to reinstall all of my Sims 3 games, then reinstall my store content. It wouldn't allow me to do this unless I opened it up in game. I don't mind, but it is really slow. Just installed Windows 10 with Edge Brower. Hopefully, I don't run into any issues.
  • Options
    andieleahandieleah Posts: 32 Member
    Having the same issue.I purchased the Happily Ever After clothing and hairstyles but when I hit the download button it does nothing..I'm so upset and don't know what to do about it. :'(
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that it's still an issue for some. It's been working for me now, but just veeerrrry slow. If I give it a couple minutes, the item will show up in my launcher. I wish I knew enough to help.
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I tried using a different web browser and it has been working! I installed firefox and it now works. May try that!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    jobug1015 wrote: »
    I tried using a different web browser and it has been working! I installed firefox and it now works. May try that!

I may try that. I downloaded Windows 10 on my pc and it is now starting to stabilize. I also got most of my content back in Sims 3. I had to install in game but it worked.

What is irritating to me is the fact that we all paid a lot of money for Sims 3 and it seems to have been abandoned. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that way.
  • Options
    Danigranger86Danigranger86 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm doing it from firefox and it doesn't work :(
    Any other ideas? I tried deleting the contentpatch folder, but it didn't work.
    I'm trying to install from inside the game, wish me luck!
  • Options
    I'm doing it from firefox and it doesn't work :(
    Any other ideas? I tried deleting the contentpatch folder, but it didn't work.
    I'm trying to install from inside the game, wish me luck!

@Danigranger86 - Did you get it to work? The contentpatch folder is actually the folder with the store patch in it. Without you can not download some of the newer store stuff or premium content.
  • Options
    @ciane When I took the contentpatch folder it asked me to get the store patch, but it never patched. :( It's not working.
  • Options
    @Danigranger86 - rename your sims 3 folder in your documents EA folder. Then launch a new game and a new sims 3 folder will be created. It won't have any store stuff in it or any mods or cc you may have added, but that's okay for now. Load a new game and place a bin family in a house. Save. Quit. Tell the launcher to open again and it should ask you to update the store content. The store content will then update with no problems. See if you have any problems installing in the new folder.

If everything works with the new folder, you can then copy the store content folder from the new sims 3 folder to the old one. Rename the new sims 3 folder to Sims 3 test or something to use whenever you have problems. Rename the old sims 3 folder back to the sims 3.

See if you can then install store stuff okay in the old folder.
  • Options
    Well, I don't know what happened. I installed a new EP and my launcher changed. Now I can download and install everything. Thanks for your help.