Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This simmer not a Toddler fan sorry

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Toddlers and Seasons is very high on my list. In fact. They are the two things I most want. I'm a generational/family player and I also do a lot of storytelling, so both toddlers and seasons is desperately wanted for the gameplay and projects that I do. I really enjoyed Pets, as well, but I can live without them, despite having had a lot of fun recreating all three of my dogs in TS3.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    edited August 2015
    Don't apologize for caring less about toddlers. That is your preference.
    Pets is one of my least favorite EPs. I don't care about pets.
    If they never come, I would be fine with that.
    That's just how different the Sim community is.
    We all like different things and have different play styles.
    I hope that you do get seasons and pets, though.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member
    Thanks for all your inputs, I do appreciate it and what you guys prefer , that is why I am here :sunglasses:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Do you really believe this game will continue to make enough money to last four more years? It's less than a month away from the year anniversary and you have seen and heard the reactions to Two EPs, Two GPs and Two or Three SPs. Do you really believe people should relax knowing the feedback about this game in this past year and how they feel about it's core, the lack luster content in the SPs, GPs and didn't even like the GTW because of the linear play (some didn't)?

So, I can't see this game lasting another year with the game having to be put on sale every month. Sales don't happen out of generosity as I have said but to bring in revenue.

Yes, things can be marked up 300 % but when you continue to put things on sale month after month there is a problem.
    Just because you don't like a certain game doesn't mean it's doing bad. Smh..

Yes I believe it will continue for a long time, because it has a lot of players, you do know it's not just the Simsforum who plays, right?
    I feel like you just want to see this game flop.

Yes, I know about the feedback players have been sending, the thing is, if most people will buy Sims 4, it will continue and just because you think it's failing as a game, doesn't mean others think so too. You can't see this game lasting forever, lmao, didn't the Sims 3 ended aswell? It's supposed to end some day, after a few years when enough is brought out and they're ready to continue on the Sims 5.

Here's the thing, I want the Sims 4 to continue and I think it's doing very well, (even if you think otherwise which is fine), but I just don't see the reason in telling me "oh you really think it's going to last", so what if that does happen? I mean, woah, people actually being happy with a product they bought with their own money and enjoying it. I understand you're not happy with it (obviously) and you can share that, but just don't see the reason in telling me what the future might hold for Sims 4 (which no one knows).

I hope this game will continue, not just for me, but for the players who actually enjoy their game they bought.
    I didn't like Sims 3, at all (and I bought everything), but I never wanted it to flop or never saw a reason to tell others it might fail, people enjoyed it and still play it, which is fantastic because that's the point. Let people enjoy their game if they want to.

I'm not telling you to not complain, by all means, let your opinion be heard it's important, but stop telling others it might not last, I don't give a plum if it fails, the only thing I care about is enjoying my game I payed for.

I just want to point out the TS4 is on sale again last week and continuing this week. I hope you do enjoy what you have so far. I just pointed out earlier to you, games don't go on sale every month because a company is feeling generous. Gurus have nothing to do with 'that'. But bean counters in stores do it so they can get back lost revenue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited August 2015
    So have we agreed that the point of the game is that it has options? If you don't like pets, you don't get one. But if you like pets, you can adopt. If you don't like kids, don't have your sims make them, and wonderfully the game has the option of insta-aging. You can even control seasons.

The point is catering to different playstyles. I hope we ALL get what we would like, what we have all come to expect in the series, period.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The pets and seasons club (to which i belong), never needs to worry. We'll get our chance to pay 80+ for what we want. Don't see how that has abything to do with toddlers, though...
  • Options
    Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    People tend to forget that ts4 just came out last year.... For ts3, generations and pets didn't come out until 2 years after ts3 base release, and seasons didn't come out until a year after those two.... and for ts2, pets didn't come out for 2 years after its base release, and seasons didn't come out until at least half a year after that.... so just be patient :blush: pets and seasons will come out eventually, but like the sims predecessors, it will take time.... perhaps in another year or so we will get one or the other? Who knows, fingers crossed!
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I hear seasons will only be in Vacation spots and each vacation spot will have a different season just like Sims 1.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I hear seasons will only be in Vacation spots and each vacation spot will have a different season just like Sims 1.

I heard that too.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    That's a bummer.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    The core of the sims is raising a family, there is only 3 life stages, child, adult, and elder. That's a big deal to the majority of the simmers..most can't simply "ignore" that even if your not a family player. I'm sick of all the toddler posts too but it's not going to change until the day EA gets it right or make an official statement regarding it.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    Idc about pets, theyre mad annoying. but seasons is for sure gonna come.. why wouldnt it? like seriously, you dont honestly believe that.. you ust wanted to add in something so you could rip on toddlers for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    bosslaydee wrote: »
    Idc about pets, theyre mad annoying. but seasons is for sure gonna come.. why wouldnt it? like seriously, you dont honestly believe that.. you ust wanted to add in something so you could rip on toddlers for no apparent reason.

I heard it's possible we could just have seasons in one area. As in snow at a mountain getaway. Another season in another area. Not all over weather in all areas.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Well, you never know. They could give us all seasons, which I'm hoping for and with pets, I don't care if we have just dogs and cats again. But the horse thing was a cool touch. I agree, I don't totally miss toddlers. I felt like I was in a rush to get them all prepared for child hood and if I didn't, that something bad would happen. It's nice to have them age up to children so then I know exactly what they need and they can basically take care of it themselves. :)
    KrisB wrote: »
    Personally I could care less about Toddlers but ever since the sims 4 came out I figured that Pets and Seasons would way cooler than they have been in the past...Now I am getting worried that there may not be any pets and only summer and winter ( I know it hasn't been officially announced but maybe ea might care enough to see my grief )...Please don't make me go back to the Sims 3 for pets and all 4 seasons

With a closed world I'm not sure how they could do horses, unless they use a 64x64 lot to make a horse ranch/riding center -- you could own the horse but it would be kept there for you to ride and train.

I don't miss toddlers as much as I thought I would, but I'd still like to see them back because it'll add depth to my families plus it'll make so many other players happy. B)

I'm really not sure how they're going to be able to work seasons, since you've got the backdrops that never change -- it would look awfully strange to have your roof covered in snow and the "house" on the next block that's part of the backdrop perfectly clear. Also with the worlds being set in fairly arid areas (desert and southern United States), there's not a lot of snow there anyway (you can sometimes get snow in the high desert areas but not so much on the desert floor). I wouldn't be surprised if "winter" was at a ski resort or something.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member

I heard it's possible we could just have seasons in one area. As in snow at a mountain getaway. Another season in another area. Not all over weather in all areas.

hm, i think that would be cool if it were optional. like in ts2 when you could set which seasons happened in the cycle. but if it were one for every region non-moveable.. thats not ok.
  • Options

Why wouldn't Seasons come out? Did you read the packs they may or may not build next year? Seasons isn't on it. In the survey it's about going to destinations like in TS1 (only winter and summer) where it may have snow and a beach for summer. Read between the lines. Seasons isn't coming out either. I mean how they gonna get all those fake décor houses have snow on them? Not going to happen. It would have to be in a place to visit where it remains looking snowed under instead of snowing.
  • Options

hm, i think that would be cool if it were optional. like in ts2 when you could set which seasons happened in the cycle. but if it were one for every region non-moveable.. thats not ok.

I got the impression that it was weather by region...non-moveable as you say.

• Options

I got the impression that it was weather by region...non-moveable as you say.

Right No Seasons or the options. But just a place to go to see snow on the ground all the way back to TS1 roots in Vacations. Though you would think they could at least make it snow there while you are there. But maybe not.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member

Why wouldn't Seasons come out? Did you read the packs they may or may not build next year? Seasons isn't on it. In the survey it's about going to destinations like in TS1 (only winter and summer) where it may have snow and a beach for summer. Read between the lines. Seasons isn't coming out either. I mean how they gonna get all those fake décor houses have snow on them? Not going to happen. It would have to be in a place to visit where it remains looking snowed under instead of snowing.

I think that's probably the way it will be. That's how they treat seasons in Free Play. There is a quest to unlock a beach world and another to unlock a winter world. The winter world includes snowboarding, tobogganing, snowball fights, and ice skating. At the beach you can snorkel, surf, swim, make sandcastles, and collect seashells.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It wouldn't make sense to just put only 2/4 seasons.
    You can't just have it be 90ºF of summer one day, and the next have a Blizzard. I know Sim logic doesn't make a lot of sense from time to time, but come on.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It wouldn't make sense to just put only 2/4 seasons.
    You can't just have it be 90ºF of summer one day, and the next have a Blizzard. I know Sim logic doesn't make a lot of sense from time to time, but come on.
    You actually can set the types of seasons you want in the Sims 3. It was nice especially when I wanted to mimic California weather of there feeling like only two to three seasons, so winter season wasn't necessary.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

I think that's probably the way it will be. That's how they treat seasons in Free Play. There is a quest to unlock a beach world and another to unlock a winter world. The winter world includes snowboarding, tobogganing, snowball fights, and ice skating. At the beach you can snorkel, surf, swim, make sandcastles, and collect seashells.

lol, are you serious? Wow, I didn't realize SF2P is what will influence this game but now that you have told me it's in that game then yes it sounds more like SF2P in the survey than even the vacation spots in the TS1. Bummer.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Mason Gamer it may not make sense to you - but seeing the map system Maxis went with for sims 4 is the same map system they went with for Sims 1 and unfortunately each little hood is totally seperate than each other little hood and will only allow one season on each - they are not changeable or connectible at least at this point - if you can read game files and programming - look for yourself and you will see each hood just is a floating seperate map by itself and in no manner attached to even the other little hood in a sim world - like the 2 maps of even the camping worlds are totally separate from each other and all are surrounded by unchangeable backdrops - so there will not be changeable seasons. The most you can hope for is what they have offered - Vacation spots that will be made in each a different season, but there will be no varying weather in the home world maps. That's what happens when a studio wants to go with 15 year old map systems unfortunately. (Sims 1 map was actually better than this one in the fact they at least had a complete road system in Sims 1 - it is why Sims 1 had car pools, but sadly in Sims 4 they apparently decided to fore go any road system so none of the individual little hoods even have roads - and why there is no car pools and teleporting is the only transport. I still wonder how they will even add cars to this game - period - seeing the EP survey included one about cars - so all I can picture is the cars will never leave the sims lot area and appear elsewhere in a travelled to hood as I said there is no roads system in this game like in Sims 1). But if you can read programming and have checked out the files in the gamedata - you probably know this already like those of us know who have looked already. I won't say it is impossible to add roads after the fact - but I can see if they did that - lots of trouble on the horizon like making Sims water in Sims 3 usable for boating vehicles when there was no way for creators to really smooth the routing or lay it like they could with roads. If you recall in Sims 3, most game lag not related to the World editor adding lots feature, or the bad LateNIght map, came out of the IP expansion due to the water routing issues. So I see a like issues to them ever adding roads in an ep as well. The base game maps should have been built on the game engine as the game was being built with a road system - period - in my view. That would be an additional issue on top of the many that presently exist in regard to the Sims 4 having any kind of weather uniform across the land - even in the numerous little hoods of a single world is an issue as backdrops do not change with the seasons.

Unless they know something I don't - the only weather you see like falling snow or falling rain even will be just fx and not at all like weather in Sims 3.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DruekasterDruekaster Posts: 42 Member
    I would love toddlers. I hope that they run with that toddlers and preteens expansion they mentioned in the survey that people have been talking about. I know a lot of people don't feel as if this should be something they should have to pay for, but I think it makes sense as an expansion, considering that there are also a fair amount of people that aren't interested in toddlers. I DO think that a toddler expansion should contain more stuff than just the standard stuff that's been in the past games. That way, a lot of people will be happy.
  • Options
    Druekaster wrote: »
    I would love toddlers. I hope that they run with that toddlers and preteens expansion they mentioned in the survey that people have been talking about. I know a lot of people don't feel as if this should be something they should have to pay for, but I think it makes sense as an expansion, considering that there are also a fair amount of people that aren't interested in toddlers. I DO think that a toddler expansion should contain more stuff than just the standard stuff that's been in the past games. That way, a lot of people will be happy.

Me too. I cannot enjoy Sims 4 without them at all no matter how hard I try.

In dreams - I LIVE!