Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This simmer not a Toddler fan sorry

Personally I could care less about Toddlers but ever since the sims 4 came out I figured that Pets and Seasons would way cooler than they have been in the past...Now I am getting worried that there may not be any pets and only summer and winter ( I know it hasn't been officially announced but maybe ea might care enough to see my grief )...Please don't make me go back to the Sims 3 for pets and all 4 seasons

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Why would you assume that?
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    The game hasn't even been out yet for a year, it took three+ years to bring Pets and Seasons into the Sims 3. They'll come back, trust me. They're basic and bring the most money, pretty sure EA isn't going to let that one slide :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    They would never make just two seasons. That's ridiculous. And Pets will probably come. They're really popular. It's just that they take a long time to make. They probably aren't on the survey because they're already being worked on for a release far out in the future.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    KrisB wrote: »
    Personally I could care less about Toddlers but ever since the sims 4 came out I figured that Pets and Seasons would way cooler than they have been in the past...Now I am getting worried that there may not be any pets and only summer and winter ( I know it hasn't been officially announced but maybe ea might care enough to see my grief )...Please don't make me go back to the Sims 3 for pets and all 4 seasons

Just because they aren't there doesn't mean they won't come, there is still a great amount of possibility belive me. They are both bestselling packs for the franchise :p But they take a while to make, I wouldn't bet on seeing them the next year but they very well might :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GnarlyGnarly Posts: 55 Member
    I feel as though they are skirting around the Xpacks everyone wants.

" They want pets, and they want to see us working on bringing them seasons?

Yes! Let's release a new DLC that is disguised as an xpac! Welcome Get Together!"

While I do enjoy toddlers, pets, and seasons... I believe they need more money before they can actually start working on xpacs that will make the players happy. Let's hope they don't do this too late.
    giphy.gif
    (∩▂∩)/\(∩▂∩)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I wouldn't assume anything this time around.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member

The title was really unnecessary, but I understand. I would like a pets as well so I could make my dog! And seasons is great!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Why would you assume that?
    If you look at the survey on Simsvip you would see why she thinks only 2 seasons are coming back because thats what I thought to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm pretty sure seasons will come, can't be rainbows and sunny all the time. it will be an expansion so it will take longer..so would pets.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Well, If they're truely following the TS3 pattern, Pets came literary right after Generations.

Though honestly, I think they're following the original survey, which had Get To Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Which also talked about a Pets EP, and I think a Dog GP, along with seasons I believe.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi :)

That's okay! I couldn't care less about Pets, they're mostly annoying in the game. so I really couldn't care less if they added them to this series. Seasons, it's added something to the other two games. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

The whole rant about you disliking toddlers seems a little disconnected from the rest of your post, don't you think? I mean, isn't it possible to express your fear of something that you love not returning without being so negative toward toddlers? They won't keep your pets and snowflakes out of your game, it just seems you stooped to an unnecessary level for no reason. I honestly don't expect to see pets in this game. I think if you want pets, stick a fish in a bowl or put out those terrariums with frogs and space creatures. I think those are the pets of the future.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I'm pretty sure seasons will come, can't be rainbows and sunny all the time. it will be an expansion so it will take longer..so would pets.
    OT, your signature is that from the Ring one? That movie creeped me out. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    If making toddlers seem like a really difficult thing for them to do, then you can definitely cross off those two expansions! Goodness, you guys have to start expecting very low of them from this point on.
  • Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    Hi!

Your post confuses me. You talk about not liking toddlers and then goes into comments abt how u thought seasons and pets would be cooler in sims 4 than in the past. Huh??? What does it have to do with u not liking toddlers?

The comment abt there only being two seasons doesn't make sense, either. Where does this come from?? When has Maxis only given us two seasons in a seasons XP? It wouldn't make sense for a seasons pack to only have winter and summer. Can u imagine the outrage?? Haha.

It's fine if u don't like toddlers, because you'll be able to quickly age them up. I did this with babies because I hate babies being confined to a crib.

You'll get pets because Pets is their best-selling expansion pack for sims 2 & 3, so they'll definitely see it back. We'll also get seasons because it's pretty popular, too, and university was always requested for sims 3 before they released it. I think we'll get night life, too. I hope university is better than in sims 3. I hope instead of night life, per se, there's a City Life that comes with a mall, including a world of houses and apartments, though I'd like a separate Apartments XP. I want bars and clubs, too, in city life, as well as fun things like bowling, golfing centers where u can play virtual golf, paint ball, etc. that's part of my wish list.

Sims 4 has only been out for less than a year, so many XPs will be released over the years. Sims 3 had 11 XPS, the last of which was released maybe a year or less before sims 4 was announced.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Im assuming you never played TS1 and its vacations. There was a expansion back that if you're sims went to it, one of the destinations had a snowy terrain. Am I surprised that ts4 would be cheap and go that route? Nope. They brought back instant baby-child from ts1, brought back loading screens from ts1, ts2. So I can see them doing the vacations expansion like that as well instead of a real seasons EP.I could care less for pets though.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    I'm assuming ur talking to me. I did play sims 1 but none of the expansions. Now that u mention how they're bringing back old, bad stuff from previous games (ha! I've even complained abt it myself), it probably is possible, but not under the seasons name, IMO. Too many ppl will be upset if they get a seasons pack with only two seasons and the producers would have to be really messed up to not see the reaction coming. But then again we're talking abt the same ppl who didn't know that no toddlers and pools would generate a big, negative reaction from the fans or that a whole lotta fans want an open world and most fans want CASt. The fact that they've totally missed what fans love abt this game says that anything is possible, especially when they initially thought it was a good idea to have the sims 4 as online only (boy, the reaction if that had come to fruition!).

I really hate the load screens and locked objects. I think locked, goal-oriented objects comes from sims 2 and the sims social. I don't liked the locked objects and they weren't good enough to make me work toward unlocking them.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    But, I'll say that I still think we'll get a full seasons expansion. By 'full' I mean with all the seasons. Simmers love it and it wasn't a bad seller in the past. Money talks.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Don't worry like the babies, pets will be tied to objects. ;) Gurus still haven't even figured out how to do multitasking while holding live things anyway. Honestly I rather pets come later. I much rather have toddlers and preteens first especially since I want all life stages to interact with pets. So I'm not a fan of pets without toddler interactions and babies being free.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I'm assuming ur talking to me. I did play sims 1 but none of the expansions. Now that u mention how they're bringing back old, bad stuff from previous games (ha! I've even complained abt it myself), it probably is possible, but not under the seasons name, IMO. Too many ppl will be upset if they get a seasons pack with only two seasons and the producers would have to be really messed up to not see the reaction coming. But then again we're talking abt the same ppl who didn't know that no toddlers and pools would generate a big, negative reaction from the fans or that a whole lotta fans want an open world and most fans want CASt. The fact that they've totally missed what fans love abt this game says that anything is possible, especially when they initially thought it was a good idea to have the sims 4 as online only (boy, the reaction if that had come to fruition!).

I really hate the load screens and locked objects. I think locked, goal-oriented objects comes from sims 2 and the sims social. I don't liked the locked objects and they weren't good enough to make me work toward unlocking them.

Yeah.. ;[ See that's what I'm saying haha. It could be a possibility but like you said, it would cause a uproar. It would seem they are tired of the back lash but I guess not
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member

The whole rant about you disliking toddlers seems a little disconnected from the rest of your post, don't you think? I mean, isn't it possible to express your fear of something that you love not returning without being so negative toward toddlers? They won't keep your pets and snowflakes out of your game, it just seems you stooped to an unnecessary level for no reason. I honestly don't expect to see pets in this game. I think if you want pets, stick a fish in a bowl or put out those terrariums with frogs and space creatures. I think those are the pets of the future.
    Hi!

Your post confuses me. You talk about not liking toddlers and then goes into comments abt how u thought seasons and pets would be cooler in sims 4 than in the past. Huh??? What does it have to do with u not liking toddlers?

The comment abt there only being two seasons doesn't make sense, either. Where does this come from?? When has Maxis only given us two seasons in a seasons XP? It wouldn't make sense for a seasons pack to only have winter and summer. Can u imagine the outrage?? Haha.

It's fine if u don't like toddlers, because you'll be able to quickly age them up. I did this with babies because I hate babies being confined to a crib.

You'll get pets because Pets is their best-selling expansion pack for sims 2 & 3, so they'll definitely see it back. We'll also get seasons because it's pretty popular, too, and university was always requested for sims 3 before they released it. I think we'll get night life, too. I hope university is better than in sims 3. I hope instead of night life, per se, there's a City Life that comes with a mall, including a world of houses and apartments, though I'd like a separate Apartments XP. I want bars and clubs, too, in city life, as well as fun things like bowling, golfing centers where u can play virtual golf, paint ball, etc. that's part of my wish list.

Sims 4 has only been out for less than a year, so many XPs will be released over the years. Sims 3 had 11 XPS, the last of which was released maybe a year or less before sims 4 was announced.

ok when I come to the forum all I see is wanting Toddlers since sims 4 came out..so since the survey I am seeing that Pets are not mentioned and only 2 seasons( I know its rumors)..I am just saying ( hoping Ea hears me) that I am not much of a fan of Toddlers but that I want pets and seasons...Just saying I have heard and seen Toddlers so much (hence the title) that's all I am saying
  • Options
    I loved the Seasons in the sims 3, the rain, the leaf changing, and snow...so when I think of 2 seasons I think of the sims 1 you go to a winter place or a summer place :neutral:
  • Options
    Okay, thanks for explaining the seasons thing. I understand ur toddler comments a little bit more. I didn't read all of the survey because it's hard to navigate on my phone.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Well, you never know. They could give us all seasons, which I'm hoping for and with pets, I don't care if we have just dogs and cats again. But the horse thing was a cool touch. I agree, I don't totally miss toddlers. I felt like I was in a rush to get them all prepared for child hood and if I didn't, that something bad would happen. It's nice to have them age up to children so then I know exactly what they need and they can basically take care of it themselves. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    I could care less about toddlers too but that's all I have seen over the forum for about a year...and Seasons and Pets are my favorites and sims 3 was pretty cool with all the expansions and now that sims 4 is out..it should be a lot cooler....(is what i am saying:)