Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This simmer not a Toddler fan sorry

Comments

• Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    But but pets without toddlers.

So you mean like, they could prioritize puppies over toddlers..okay.
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member
    Yep That"s what I am saying :)
  • Options
    Btw, no snark. It will just seem odd to have pets and no toddies. It will be fuel for a lot of justified rage :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I see
  • Options
    I have played pets in all my sims families without toddlers..Just sayin
  • Options
    I can see toddlers and pets being together..sorry
  • Options
    My TS4 kids are dying for pets, and have to make do with the cowplants for fun. But I also remember the sweet interchanges with my TS2 toddies and pets *Sniff* Surely we can have both again.
  • Options
    Well that's the thing, you aged up your child or didn't have a kid, and you still had your pet. Maxis shouldn't see it as an either-or situation. Again, the key should be to cater to different playstyles.
  • Options
    when I played toddlers it seem to take up too much time to teach them to do things, but if your a simmer who likes that..I can see it..I just rather play and do things with my pet..that's just me..don't get me wrong I love kids
  • Options
    I just like having the option. TS2 demonstrated how rich the life phases can be.

I play all kinds of Sims. Single Sims who hate kids but are animal lovers, Huge Families, Lotharios and Femme Fatales.
    So Toddlers and Pets, and other ingredients, are just part of what adds to a rich game with some life to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I get it..I just seen so much about toddlers..and I wanted to be heard too about what I want as well..Pets and Seasons. and I do want everyone to be happy :smiley:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    The game hasn't even been out yet for a year, it took three+ years to bring Pets and Seasons into the Sims 3. They'll come back, trust me. They're basic and bring the most money, pretty sure EA isn't going to let that one slide :D

Do you really believe this game will continue to make enough money to last four more years? It's less than a month away from the year anniversary and you have seen and heard the reactions to Two EPs, Two GPs and Two or Three SPs. Do you really believe people should relax knowing the feedback about this game in this past year and how they feel about it's core, the lack luster content in the SPs, GPs and didn't even like the GTW because of the linear play (some didn't)?

So, I can't see this game lasting another year with the game having to be put on sale every month. Sales don't happen out of generosity as I have said but to bring in revenue.

Yes, things can be marked up 300 % but when you continue to put things on sale month after month there is a problem.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    KrisB wrote: »
    KrisB wrote: »
    Personally I could care less about Toddlers but ever since the sims 4 came out I figured that Pets and Seasons would way cooler than they have been in the past...Now I am getting worried that there may not be any pets and only summer and winter ( I know it hasn't been officially announced but maybe ea might care enough to see my grief )...Please don't make me go back to the Sims 3 for pets and all 4 seasons

The whole rant about you disliking toddlers seems a little disconnected from the rest of your post, don't you think? I mean, isn't it possible to express your fear of something that you love not returning without being so negative toward toddlers? They won't keep your pets and snowflakes out of your game, it just seems you stooped to an unnecessary level for no reason. I honestly don't expect to see pets in this game. I think if you want pets, stick a fish in a bowl or put out those terrariums with frogs and space creatures. I think those are the pets of the future.
    Hi!

Your post confuses me. You talk about not liking toddlers and then goes into comments abt how u thought seasons and pets would be cooler in sims 4 than in the past. Huh??? What does it have to do with u not liking toddlers?

The comment abt there only being two seasons doesn't make sense, either. Where does this come from?? When has Maxis only given us two seasons in a seasons XP? It wouldn't make sense for a seasons pack to only have winter and summer. Can u imagine the outrage?? Haha.

It's fine if u don't like toddlers, because you'll be able to quickly age them up. I did this with babies because I hate babies being confined to a crib.

You'll get pets because Pets is their best-selling expansion pack for sims 2 & 3, so they'll definitely see it back. We'll also get seasons because it's pretty popular, too, and university was always requested for sims 3 before they released it. I think we'll get night life, too. I hope university is better than in sims 3. I hope instead of night life, per se, there's a City Life that comes with a mall, including a world of houses and apartments, though I'd like a separate Apartments XP. I want bars and clubs, too, in city life, as well as fun things like bowling, golfing centers where u can play virtual golf, paint ball, etc. that's part of my wish list.

Sims 4 has only been out for less than a year, so many XPs will be released over the years. Sims 3 had 11 XPS, the last of which was released maybe a year or less before sims 4 was announced.

ok when I come to the forum all I see is wanting Toddlers since sims 4 came out..so since the survey I am seeing that Pets are not mentioned and only 2 seasons( I know its rumors)..I am just saying ( hoping Ea hears me) that I am not much of a fan of Toddlers but that I want pets and seasons...Just saying I have heard and seen Toddlers so much (hence the title) that's all I am saying

I think you are saying you are afraid pets aren't ever coming just like toddlers. Welcome to the disappointment we have felt since a year before the game released. No offense, but yes, we all have looked at two different surveys now, and pets and toddlers aren't even a topic in any of the thirty so ideas they have for this game in those surveys.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Oh Well I guess we will just have to wait and see :/:)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    op if you do not like toddlers you can always age them up to kids
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    op if you do not like toddlers you can always age them up to kids
    Yeah this is true :)

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Do you really believe this game will continue to make enough money to last four more years? It's less than a month away from the year anniversary and you have seen and heard the reactions to Two EPs, Two GPs and Two or Three SPs. Do you really believe people should relax knowing the feedback about this game in this past year and how they feel about it's core, the lack luster content in the SPs, GPs and didn't even like the GTW because of the linear play (some didn't)?

So, I can't see this game lasting another year with the game having to be put on sale every month. Sales don't happen out of generosity as I have said but to bring in revenue.

Yes, things can be marked up 300 % but when you continue to put things on sale month after month there is a problem.
    Just because you don't like a certain game doesn't mean it's doing bad. Smh..

Yes I believe it will continue for a long time, because it has a lot of players, you do know it's not just the Simsforum who plays, right?
    I feel like you just want to see this game flop.

Yes, I know about the feedback players have been sending, the thing is, if most people will buy Sims 4, it will continue and just because you think it's failing as a game, doesn't mean others think so too. You can't see this game lasting forever, lmao, didn't the Sims 3 ended aswell? It's supposed to end some day, after a few years when enough is brought out and they're ready to continue on the Sims 5.

Here's the thing, I want the Sims 4 to continue and I think it's doing very well, (even if you think otherwise which is fine), but I just don't see the reason in telling me "oh you really think it's going to last", so what if that does happen? I mean, woah, people actually being happy with a product they bought with their own money and enjoying it. I understand you're not happy with it (obviously) and you can share that, but just don't see the reason in telling me what the future might hold for Sims 4 (which no one knows).

I hope this game will continue, not just for me, but for the players who actually enjoy their game they bought.
    I didn't like Sims 3, at all (and I bought everything), but I never wanted it to flop or never saw a reason to tell others it might fail, people enjoyed it and still play it, which is fantastic because that's the point. Let people enjoy their game if they want to.

I'm not telling you to not complain, by all means, let your opinion be heard it's important, but stop telling others it might not last, I don't give a plum if it fails, the only thing I care about is enjoying my game I payed for.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2015
    I do see what you are saying as far as pets and Seasons go seeing the only mention of Seasons in the survey sounds like Sims 1 version where weather was only in the vacation choices Sims had and not in the main worlds - but I already long ago said I thought this map was just like the sims 1 map which did not allow for anything other than fx to be in the main worlds - so would likely have just the mini vacation worlds for weather choices. In Sims 1 we had winter weather in the winter lodge vacation with winter related activity, fall weather in the camping vacation, summer weather in the Beach vacation. I picture pets coming like Sims 2 apartment pets if you get pets at all. They are little caged things, as well as little kitten and puppy size dogs and cats in a little fenced in area which just like Sims 4 babies you can pick up and do a few reactions with them but cannot take the, out of the "pens" or do anything with them really but feed, talk to, hug, then put back in the pen. But yeah if the ep surveys are clues - having full fledged weather or pets does not sound like it will happen. Welcome to our world with our missing our fave life stages also for the Sims 1 infant/child life stage. Be glad you have kids that grow up and have teen and YA stage. Sims 1 did not even have that. But of course there was no aging in Sims 1 and we had never had a sims game before to realize how great the generations and things could be. This game would have been a great follow up to Sims 1, had Sims 2 and 3 not existed - but the fact they do exist and made us know how great the Sims can be - makes us see how bad Sims 1 was and how shameful sims 4 is for going back to the worse features of Sims 1.

You have every reason to fear getting pets and weather maybe seeing you seem to like them best - seeing I feel the same way about toddlers so for me Sims 4 is not a serious Sims game and lacks the joy I have gotten the previous 10 years of Simming with everything that made the game great and thinking I no longer had to worry about the 5 previous years and the things I did not like in Sims 1 ever again - yet here I am. It is sad - but face facts it can happen just as you fear because Maxis went back to the basic Sims 1 style. The only way to enjoy that game (the Sims 1) once we had Sims 2 was actually futile for me - as I really enjoy 100 percent family play - hate parties, clubs like in this new coming ep )I do like night clubs etc, just not the club style that came out of Sims 3 Uni which this ep sounds very much like - but with out the benefit of Uni.

Oh well, no sense dwelling. I have been "dwelling" over the fact my game is unplayable for a year now without my beloved toddlers - perhaps you will have better luck. I could say perhaps you will find yourself like me, but I would rather not do that to you. Even though I not the biggest of pets fans in game - but a huge pet fan in real life, I did love the horses in Sims 3 - but it really does not matter to me whether or not they get pets as my game is already not worth playing with out all life stages anyway. It is a diversion like farmville I can play for an halfhour now and then - between playing my real enjoyable Sims games. It is too side game like to be part of the Sims series anyway - to me. All I can do is bide my time I guess as Maxis has made it clear they don't even care what we think of this game. They are making their vision - what ever that is supposed to be - as best I can only see a take on Sims 1 with a third of the work perhaps or depth. They obviously do not care - so I think it is best to not get any hopes up for sims 4 and just take it as it comes or don't buy - as they only say they are listening. Yeah, they listen to what fits THEIR vision period.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    ts4 would be 1,000% better if all the sims were replaced by cats.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Not a toddler fan? That's okay. This is life-we all differ. Not sure what it has to do with the rest of your post but never mind :)

Personally what I love about the community is the diverse ways we find to play the game and the enjoyment I get from reading other people's stories etc :) maybe one day you'll appreciate that too :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Just because you don't like a certain game doesn't mean it's doing bad. Smh..

Yes I believe it will continue for a long time, because it has a lot of players, you do know it's not just the Simsforum who plays, right?
    I feel like you just want to see this game flop.

Yes, I know about the feedback players have been sending, the thing is, if most people will buy Sims 4, it will continue and just because you think it's failing as a game, doesn't mean others think so too. You can't see this game lasting forever, lmao, didn't the Sims 3 ended aswell? It's supposed to end some day, after a few years when enough is brought out and they're ready to continue on the Sims 5.

Here's the thing, I want the Sims 4 to continue and I think it's doing very well, (even if you think otherwise which is fine), but I just don't see the reason in telling me "oh you really think it's going to last", so what if that does happen? I mean, woah, people actually being happy with a product they bought with their own money and enjoying it. I understand you're not happy with it (obviously) and you can share that, but just don't see the reason in telling me what the future might hold for Sims 4 (which no one knows).

I hope this game will continue, not just for me, but for the players who actually enjoy their game they bought.
    I didn't like Sims 3, at all (and I bought everything), but I never wanted it to flop or never saw a reason to tell others it might fail, people enjoyed it and still play it, which is fantastic because that's the point. Let people enjoy their game if they want to.

I'm not telling you to not complain, by all means, let your opinion be heard it's important, but stop telling others it might not last, I don't give a plum if it fails, the only thing I care about is enjoying my game I payed for.

Instead of arguing about it - because you obviously love the Sims 4 as it is - regardless of how many things not in it's base game and the incompleteness of the eps to some of us - go back and read old reviews and player remarks and comments on previous games, then compare them overall to the comments on the present games reviews and it is obvious Sims 4 is way below standards as far as the majority of players feel. Sure there is bound to be some discontent with every game with some people - but honestly not even close to the unkind comments we are seeing everywhere we go on Sims 4. It is one thing to draw out one person saying things you disagree about - it is a whole new ballgame when you have to search harder to find the few good comments over the bad. When you get maybe 3 happy or good comments out of 55 bad ones - that is not a good sign. It was the exact opposite with Sims 1, 2, and 3. Just search and see for yourself. It's all out there in old reviews for various different eps and such. As for it failing - well the signs are everywhere. EA employes a lot of people who need paychecks and Maxis itself is huge. If they don't have the proper ratio of people buying, they can't pay the paychecks or build funds for coming eps. You only have to look at Sims City which even sold 2 million copies of the game right out of the gate - which was way more than Sims 4 did out of the gate - and they failed. Closed down after one year. So the signs are there and denying them does not make them go away. You need to convince a lot more players than one the game is worth 40 bucks a pop - maybe to you it is. To many of us Sims veterans it is far from it.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Have you ever tried to herd cats? It's easier than trying to get Sims to stop talking.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Lets put it this way, if they struggle to make toddlers which are high in demand, I also see a struggle with making pets as well.

Seasons might be possible though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I'd buy that :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I want pets, seasons (all 4 and in all worlds), and toddlers. I have high expectations. I didn't play pets often in TS3 because they got to be a major time suck but I still liked having them there. They made the game feel more complete.