Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shoving DLC In Our Face Is Not Going to Work -- Remove This ASAP

Comments

• Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Go in options and make your game offline... No button...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    To be fair TS3 had the store icon everywhere and even worse it had those store things on the menu hightlighted in yellow.

But if you want it removed it's fine by me. You may count with my "vote" if needed.
    I don't quite understand what you mean. There is a yellow Store icon but that one's just handy because when I click it only Store items I bought are shown. Nothing is highlighted in yellow though. I do remember disabling something a long time ago though, is that what you mean? The thing described here can't be disabled as I understand it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I honestly believe that we won't get many options this time around. Remember when people complained about aliens and too many abductions? We didn't get a choice under options. They tweaked it at the developer level.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    That is low. At least in ts3 you could turn off having the store stuff show up in buy mode and in CAS. That's totally unacceptable to have that button plastered in the middle of your game with no option to disable it.
    You don't have to push it you can ignore its there.

This isn't a free to play game. People payed quite a bit of money to play this game, there shouldn't be obtrusive adds IN the actual game cluttering up a part of the UI that is heavily used.

A little icon is 'obtrusive'? I noticed it when it was sparkling, clicked it, and then forgot about it. You people act like there's pop up ads in the middle of your screen or something. You have no use for that icon, ignore it. People really will complain about anything.
    When it's sparkling every time you start the game then yes, that is annoying and intrusive. I understand I get things like that in a free app game, but I don't want it in a game I payed for.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lapislazulilapislazuli Posts: 73 Member
    I don't really see the big deal, but whatever, I'm not opposed to having it removed.

You literally just have to click on it, exit out of it, and then it stops sparkling, and it hasn't started sparkling for me again. Also not really getting why you guys seem to comparing it to like, app ads. Those typically pop up in the middle of your screen, or some video takes over. This is nothing like that at all... I mean c'mon, it's a button in the top of the screen...
    anyways,
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Go in options and make your game offline... No button...

I wondered why I didn't see a button... forgot I had that marked off from the get-go lol!!

Still, I totally understand what's being said. We paid good money for the game & do NOT need this.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I don't really see the big deal, but whatever, I'm not opposed to having it removed.

You literally just have to click on it, exit out of it, and then it stops sparkling, and it hasn't started sparkling for me again. Also not really getting why you guys seem to comparing it to like, app ads. Those typically pop up in the middle of your screen, or some video takes over. This is nothing like that at all... I mean c'mon, it's a button in the top of the screen...
    Because it's sitting where the build button used to be. It's being misclicked multiple times during play.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015
    I have liked the original post. I agree completely. If you are going to add a button to the UI, give me access to aging and autonomy options - something relevant to m e actually playing the game.

Furthermore, the button is completely redundant for me as I own all the DLC, so it really is a waste of space.

Finally, it isn't like I am going to miss the announcement of a new DLC is it, with whopping great announcements on the main screen, the home page of the gallery, not mentioning forums, social networks etc.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I'm not bothered about the button, but also feel it is unnecessary. Play mode for me is for playing, not for managing game (which this button kind of is for). But it isn't flashy or intrusive in any way, just pointless. Gallery button on the other hand is useful, and I'd also rather have a manage households button than this one in play mode.
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Perhaps if you made better EPs/GPs/SPs, we would be more likely to buy them. This is not how you sell content. You sell content on its own merit. I didn't pay full retail price for TS4 so I could look at ads plastered all over my game -- TS4 related or not.

Exactly.
    & OUCH that you paid full price for the game.
    Anyway, well said. I haven't patched my game yet ( don't see a reason to, even with dishwashers) but it is pretty sad that they are doing that.
    At least in TS3, you had the Sims 3 Launch screen with all the ads and games you had and games you didn't have. But you didn't have to keep seeing that when you actually PLAYED the game.

Even now on Origin, they have grouped TS4 games I believe. They highlight the ones you have purchased and grey out the others.
    It's a sad, sad day in TS4 realm.

Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I hope they add something that removes it, however, I feel there's some exaggeration here, it's a single icon and they have every right to advertise their game, but I do agree that there should be something to remove it, for some people it's good since they can see their packs or newer packs without having to constantly go back to the main menu.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I wish there was a way to remove it from the TS3 launcher that shows off the Sims 4 Get Together game as if urging me to buy it. Nothing I can do to get pass that. :s
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have just mentioned that there is a worrying number of DLC being added to TS4 at the moment but none of it is adding what players are asking for
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I don't want or need advertisment in the middle of a suposely premium game....

this just makes 1 more minus in the list of why to buy or not buy the game.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    It really don't bother me at all.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    Guys, ads in game is suicide. There's an unwritten law that says if I pay for something, I shouldn't have to withstand advertising. This might indicate the game isn't doing so well. They're driving it into the ground and this spells out death for the franchise.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    I don't have this button in the game at all any more, not even at startup. I did run the update this afternoon and I guess it went OK because I do have the dishwasher.

eq07r.jpg
    2gttgmq.jpg

DISHWASHER??? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I don't mind it at start up but I think most people are more willing to buy before they actually start to play rather than interrupt game play.
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I agree about TS3. The TS3 website and Launcher is littered with TS4 ads, before TS4, thesims3.com contains mostly ads of TS3 but now The Sims 4 replaced it except the last panel.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    I agree about TS3. The TS3 website and Launcher is littered with TS4 ads, before TS4, thesims3.com contains mostly ads of TS3 but now The Sims 4 replaced it except the last panel.

Yes it's annoying enough with ts3 store stuff popping up ingame but at least I can turn it off. I don't even want to get Sims 4 right now.
  • Options
    Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    I really don't care that much about it being there. I think it looks kinda cute. It doesn't pop up telling you to buy the stuff, it just sparkles when something new has been added. And the ads on the main screen doesn't bother me either, it's kinda like a news feed, you know? Letting people who haven't gotten it know that they can. But this is just my opinion...
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member

Yes it's annoying enough with ts3 store stuff popping up ingame but at least I can turn it off. I don't even want to get Sims 4 right now.

@Invaderchickycat You can play TS3 without going through the launcher. This will also stop it generating the temp files which cause lag. Check out the TS3 DD thread, ask there, very helpful, or almost anywhere in the Store/gift giving section.
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options

@Invaderchickycat You can play TS3 without going through the launcher. This will also stop it generating the temp files which cause lag. Check out the TS3 DD thread, ask there, very helpful, or almost anywhere in the Store/gift giving section.

I know I just need to use it for my downloads :)
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Desperation calls for Desperate tactics maybe? Just glad I normally play offline/not connected, etc/ Ugh
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited August 2015
    I came here thinking that there would eventually be an explanation on how to get rid of this annoying button that is INCESSANTLY SPARKLING AT ME AND IN A REALLY ANNOYING SPOT, but alas.

Here's to hoping someone makes a mod that gets rid of it. I don't want this. I am not going to buy any of your content while I am playing the game; I can go back to the main menu for that. (Do not misunderstand. I would not buy any content anyway. I'm just saying it's ridiculous to have it while you are in an actual game.) Get rid of it.