Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shoving DLC In Our Face Is Not Going to Work -- Remove This ASAP

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    is there a mod to turn it into chris evans? i wouldn't mind chris evans shoved into my face... not one bit.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    TS4 isn't a game, it's purely a launcher type thing you open that gives you the option to buy access to certain parts of the game. (Yes, that's how this "game" makes me feel.)
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    This is getting ridiculous. If the game's sales are going so poorly they have to shove extra content in our faces maybe they should focus on fixing the game instead of putting more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on top of it. I'll gladly buy DLC when the rest of my neighborhood ages appropriately & Sims are moving into empty houses at a normal rate.
    I'm okay with the button being on the home screen, but the fact that they had to ever so sneakily paste it into my gameplay just repulses me. Like get out of my face. It already glows on the home screen when there's new content as if the HUGE splash screen adds weren't already there SHOWING me new content.
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    Interesting way to please the consumer NOT.

From what you guy's say, you can get rid of this silly thing, if you choose to play offline. So play offline.
    Problem is, EA needs you to play online, so it can do it's telemetry thing, and watch and record how you play. So why it would do something to force you to go offline, I would never know.

Go offline, and you also (it seems) would lose access to the gallery that they speak so highly off. Would also stop them from boasting about how many Sims lives and hours were played this month.

Right now, EA wants all the benefits, statistics, money, bragging rights, but how do they repay you, with an advertising button stuck in a place where it's easy to misclick, and is irritating to your game. They get all the benefits and you the paying consumer is losing out. Play the game offline and let them know why so they can remove the in game adverts. (same stupid thing happened with Securerom silliness, upset the consumer and made a ton of them become pirates - because of this, they eventually removed the silly thing, unfortunately Spore was a casualty.) Those who fought back won, in this instance you still have the power here.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    Guys, ads in game is suicide. There's an unwritten law that says if I pay for something, I shouldn't have to withstand advertising. This might indicate the game isn't doing so well. They're driving it into the ground and this spells out death for the franchise.

Yep, I think the reason why they felt the need to spend time making sure this button would be present in live mode is because the DLC sales have been low.

They're low because they're pushing garbage stuff packs EVERY month, not listening to our feedback when designing expansion packs, and do not know how to manage content efficiently in game packs.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited August 2015
    The stuff packs are gimmick imo. They only include the "special" gameplay items (like the chocolate fountain, hot tubs, ice cream) so people can buy them, otherwise they probably wouldn't sell as much. Personally, I'm not impressed one bit.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »
    The stuff packs are gimmick imo. They only include the "special" gameplay items (like the chocolate fountain, hot tubs, ice cream) so people can buy them, otherwise they probably wouldn't sell as much. Personally, I'm not impressed one bit.

I agree. Then, even more laughable, they brand it as "new gameplay". I'm sorry, but a simple new animation tied to a blocky-looking object is NOT gameplay.

Also, just as LGR mentioned in his video (linked below), it demeans the quality of the game once you have tons and tons of DLC. Even worse when you have ads shoved in your fans' faces for that DLC. Unfortunately, EA likes to focus on quantity rather than quality now, and they don't care for the quality of their games -- they just want our money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRBo2Gnwi4
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    xBob18 wrote: »

I agree. Then, even more laughable, they brand it as "new gameplay". I'm sorry, but a simple new animation tied to a blocky-looking object is NOT gameplay.

Also, just as LGR mentioned in his video (linked below), it demeans the quality of the game once you have tons and tons of DLC. Even worse when you have ads shoved in your fans' faces for that DLC. Unfortunately, EA likes to focus on quantity rather than quality now, and they don't care for the quality of their games -- they just want our money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRBo2Gnwi4
    Tbh, I think EA should have just stuck to EPs and SPs. Game packs are basically half-baked EPs and are practically useless in my eyes. SPs should be full of stuff that actually fit in with the theme (and please ditch the "wowza newz gameplay omz!!11!" items, those can easily fit in an EP). So a kitchen SP should include AT LEAST 2/3 sets. Not one and a bunch of CAS items (and clutter). The store and the "in your face" advertising is what killed the game.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    No Thank you EA, I don't want an icecream machine for $10+tax.. go away. Fix your current probs and get rid of the advertising on the game I already paid a premium for. Unreal.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I'm back. I was populating a world in a new save and I accidentally hit the button a few times. I was in between gallery and build mode a lot so it was bound to happen at least once. Very annoying.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I'm back. I was populating a world in a new save and I accidentally hit the button a few times. I was in between gallery and build mode a lot so it was bound to happen at least once. Very annoying.

That was the pretty much the whole goal of moving the button into the game. Have us accidentally click on this button a few times so we would go on to look at the game's DLC.

It's been weeks now and this button still has not been removed. It stands as a big indicator the focus on TS4 isn't on fun or innovation within life simulation, but how far EA can go to squeeze every last dime out of us on a poorly designed game. I'd love to be proven wrong.