Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together Video Review: Why This Isn't What Simmers Needed

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    CK213 wrote: »
    He has made a statement in the video comments section.
    Sims4News 1 day ago
    Hey guys! Thanks for all of the views, comments and subs...you all rock! I just want to say that even with all of the new information about Get Together, I stand by everything I said in this video. I am impressed at how fleshed out Get Together is, and I think that delaying it was a good and brave choice on EA's part, but I still believe that TS4 has many serious, core issues and that Get Together is a step in the wrong direction. It's been amazing to hear everyone's opinions though, and I hope that some people enjoy the expansion next month! :)

I don't think he is saying this EP isn't needed period.
    He's just talking about the timing of it. I agree with the timing, because I stopped playing families and I am just sticking with YAs until we get a Generations type Ep with toddlers and hopefully pre-teens or re-worked teens.

Get Together will be useful for my YA's and I think I will enjoy it, but none of them are getting married until they can have toddlers and more family play. I don't know about his claim that Get Together will be repetitive, especially if it it can allow clubs to absorb other Eps and allow your sims to enjoy other EP and GP content as a group.

It's not a step in the wrong direction, it's a step in the right direction, but the series is moving ahead before addressing other issues.

However, you can also look at it as progressing at slower pace than usual because of the base game. I've been calling it slow motion simming. I am still in the YA phase. It's all about their careers and forming friendships. A dating GP will get them romancing. A Generations EP will get on to the adult phase, marriage, and having kids. A base should normally do that, but I haven't been satisfied with that and put my sims on hold until the series is a little more fleshed out. Give me University and those kids are going to college.
    This sums it up perfectly. And if anyone feels the guy in the video was jumping to conclusions too soon (which by the way was EA's own mistake with that ridiculous, empty, shallow, not informative performance at Gamescom), so are you when you claim this EP has everything you need. You haven't played it yet.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I think too many people are jumping to conclusions on the assumption that maxis isn't working on toddlers or doesn't have a team diligently working on some sort of family pack. The fact is we just don't know and we wont know until it happens. It's not ideal, but that's how it is.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2015
    Ummm... Can't you wait until the game comes out before you review it? I'm sorry, but I can't take your "review" too seriously until the game is released and actually played by you. I think they should not have mentioned the EP so soon, (4 months early) and withheld giving information about the game until the last month, thereby causing most simmers to speculate about the EP and think of the worst possible scenarios about this upcoming EP, (which happened to be the effect of the mistake of the EA team). I think that the subject matter of this EP should have been in the base game.

After watching the you tubers that got to attend the Creative Camp's videos (including the Sim's channel), and reading their articles, I think that a few of GT's features, that I have seen thus far, will add storytelling elements and a richer game experience to the core game and for future expansions such as Educational type EPs (sororities, high school/ elementary etc), and supernatural EPs.

I also wish they had family play now, but I understand that they need more time to cement the scripting and animation bugs, etc in order for it to function in sims 4 new game engine. I'm willing to wait patiently for that. :)

I think that all of their EPs, GPs, and SPs are well planned out in advance, sequential and will correlate with one another.( They needed to release this EP first before they released any future ones that we'd prefer, because this one will impact the future EPs.) We all just need time to see the big picture. Simmers have been complaining about new releases since sims 1 and then with each new generation, simmers tend to look fondly upon the previous one. Same old story... :/

I get it, you are very passionate about the sim's franchise, I just think your review/opinion is a bit premature -like 4 months premature. I think that it was great that, with your passion, that you took the time to make a you tube video and start a forum, but with all due respect, wait until you first have all the facts. :/
    Post edited by MekoShark on
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    I think too many people are jumping to conclusions on the assumption that maxis isn't working on toddlers or doesn't have a team diligently working on some sort of family pack. The fact is we just don't know and we wont know until it happens. It's not ideal, but that's how it is.
    You just summarized the content of Sims4News' video message more or less. All he says is that it's not ideal for a lot of simmers that they're focusing on other things than family first. He doesn't assume that Maxis isn't working on family play and toddlers, all he's saying is, that he regrets it's not in there yet.
    MekoShark wrote: »
    Ummm... Can't you wait until the game comes out before you review it? I'm sorry, but I can't take your "review" too seriously until the game is released and actually played by you. I think they should not have mentioned the EP so soon,(4 months early) and withheld giving out information about the game until the last month, thereby causing most simmers to speculate about the EP and think of the worst possible scenarios about this upcoming EP, which happened to be the effect of the mistake of the EA team. Yeah I think that the subject matter of this EP should have been in the base game, however, I think this EP is a necessity for great storytelling and would add a richer game experience after purchase and for future expansions. I get it, you are very passionate about the sim's franchise, I just think your review/opinion is a bit premature -like 4 months premature. I think that it was great that, with your passion, that you took the time to make a youtube video and start a forum, but with all due respect, wait until you first have all the facts. :/
    This was not a review of an EP. This was a review of the way EA informs us about upcoming stuff nowadays and they're doing a poor job. GT was delayed by the way. Not only was the announcement not 4 months early originally, there might be a huge chance they delayed it because of comments like this one, realizing they had to come up with something really good because fans were mad and disappointed and told EA they want to do more than just partying. It's not just this video, I remember the entire forum kind of exploded after Rachel Franklin's dance act. And not because people were running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, but because they unanimously felt the same way about this announcement. So it's really easy to point at one guy now and tell him he was wrong, but just maybe you ought to thank him for being one of the simmers who woke up EA (update under his video: EA personally reached out to me and thanked me for the feedback in this video!) and persuaded them into adding things to this EP we all want and like.

Some people seem to think that complaining and giving feedback is just a way to be annoying. While in fact it's only done to achieve things you want. EA asked for feedback.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Why would the creator of the vid even regret that a more in dept family game play isn't in the game yet when it's not even his fault that it's not in the first place?
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > Ponder the Sim wrote: »
    >
    > I think too many people are jumping to conclusions on the assumption that maxis isn't working on toddlers or doesn't have a team diligently working on some sort of family pack. The fact is we just don't know and we wont know until it happens. It's not ideal, but that's how it is.
    >
    >
    >
    > You just summarized the content of Sims4News' video message more or less. All he says is that it's not ideal for a lot of simmers that they're focusing on other things than family first. He doesn't assume that Maxis isn't working on family play and toddlers, all he's saying is, that he regrets it's not in there yet. MekoShark wrote: »
    >
    > Ummm... Can't you wait until the game comes out before you review it? I'm sorry, but I can't take your "review" too seriously until the game is released and actually played by you. I think they should not have mentioned the EP so soon,(4 months early) and withheld giving out information about the game until the last month, thereby causing most simmers to speculate about the EP and think of the worst possible scenarios about this upcoming EP, which happened to be the effect of the mistake of the EA team. Yeah I think that the subject matter of this EP should have been in the base game, however, I think this EP is a necessity for great storytelling and would add a richer game experience after purchase and for future expansions. I get it, you are very passionate about the sim's franchise, I just think your review/opinion is a bit premature -like 4 months premature. I think that it was great that, with your passion, that you took the time to make a youtube video and start a forum, but with all due respect, wait until you first have all the facts. :/
    >
    >
    >
    > This was not a review of an EP. This was a review of the way EA informs us about upcoming stuff nowadays and they're doing a poor job. GT was delayed by the way. Not only was the announcement not 4 months early originally, there might be a huge chance they delayed it because of comments like this one, realizing they had to come up with something really good because fans were mad and disappointed and told EA they want to do more than just partying. It's not just this video, I remember the entire forum kind of exploded after Rachel Franklin's dance act. And not because people were running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, but because they unanimously felt the same way about this announcement. So it's really easy to point at one guy now and tell him he was wrong, but just maybe you ought to thank him for being one of the simmers who woke up EA (update under his video: EA personally reached out to me and thanked me for the feedback in this video!) and persuaded them into adding things to this EP we all want and like.
    >
    > Some people seem to think that complaining and giving feedback is just a way to be annoying. While in fact it's only done to achieve things you want. EA asked for feedback.

I did not mean that he prematurely “reviewed” the entire Sims EP. When I used the word “review” I meant that in his video he “reviewed” aspects of the game he knew little to nothing about, and then gave his opinion before he should have. He made assessments about how this will not “add to the core of the game…” Well? How did he know that? The answer is; he didn’t 4 months ago. Anyone who makes statements like that needs facts behind them since their views can be impressionable to other people.

(Some of the information he needed to make his review was offered in the past couple of weeks by EA and invitees to the CC held at EA. He has stated that he still stands by his earlier opinions after reviewing the recent info, which is fine, as long as he based his opinion after his review of the facts and not from a wild guess)

I agreed with him about the poor info delivery of this EP from EA, which I also stated in my previous comment. And yes it was delayed, by only a month, meaning not too much game material could have possibly been added in that short amount of time since these EPs are planned, fleshed out, then developed for almost a year’s time, or maybe more, in advance, then completed months ahead of release. A month’s time would only allow them to smooth out some of the rough edges and add a few (easy to make) game content as EA themselves stated they did during the delay. No huge mountains were moved due to all the complaints.

EA, who has been listening to us and seeks out our feedback, has been “awake” for a little while now (He didn’t make them search YouTube looking for Sims vids, they did that on their own), realized their mistake (which was solely poor advertising) from the reaction of this OP’s and a multitude of others. I’m sure they instead used the majority of that months’ time to redo the advertisements to help explain this new EP better, since this type of EP is unprecedented and so many people were confused & upset by the poor information they received.

I was sympathetic towards him and showed how I understood what he was feeling. You must not have directly been referring to me, because I know that I never stated he was wrong, nor singled him out, due to the fact that most of us felt the same way he did. The only person or group that I’ve blamed was EA. And most people, when given false, bad, or little information about something, can and will make assumptions or speculate about it, especially if they are passionate about the subject matter. Its human nature and it is something I can sympathize with.
    Post edited by MekoShark on
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Since the title refers to "simmers" in general, as the whole community and apparently with me included, I want to say I needed it very much.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Check out my video review of Get Together!

In this video, I delve into why Get Together isn’t the expansion pack we want, need or deserve. I also discuss EA’s problematic vision for The Sims 4, and the cons of linear gameplay vs. sandbox gameplay.

I worked really hard on this video (and skipped a day of work to make it) so please give a thumbs up and/or a comment if you enjoyed it! I’d also really like to hear what you guys (especially those who disagree with me) have to say about my arguments against Get Together.

Thanks guys, you're the best :)

Thank you for taking the time to make and post that video. I hope those at EA/Maxis will not only watch the video, I hope they will actually DO something about these concerns.

My biggest reason for preferring more sandbox play is that its only limit is the level of a player's imagination. And because players are always growing and changing, so does their imagination. Keep it more sandbox, and there are always opportunities for increased play. Linear play, at least to me, seems very fixed and limited by the "rules" of the game (for lack of a better term, perhaps someone can explain it better than me). So for me personally, I have a much shorter game lifespan with the types of games that are overly focused on linear play. Sandbox games I'm likely to come up with new ideas I want to play out all the time.

Personally I think the groups featured in this EP are the most 'sandbox' type play we've seen in the sims 4. I hope to see more as the game grows.

It's one of the most Sandbox features a Sims EP has ever brought to the table.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > Ponder the Sim wrote: »
    >
    > I think too many people are jumping to conclusions on the assumption that maxis isn't working on toddlers or doesn't have a team diligently working on some sort of family pack. The fact is we just don't know and we wont know until it happens. It's not ideal, but that's how it is.
    >
    >
    >
    > You just summarized the content of Sims4News' video message more or less. All he says is that it's not ideal for a lot of simmers that they're focusing on other things than family first. He doesn't assume that Maxis isn't working on family play and toddlers, all he's saying is, that he regrets it's not in there yet. MekoShark wrote: »
    >
    > Ummm... Can't you wait until the game comes out before you review it? I'm sorry, but I can't take your "review" too seriously until the game is released and actually played by you. I think they should not have mentioned the EP so soon,(4 months early) and withheld giving out information about the game until the last month, thereby causing most simmers to speculate about the EP and think of the worst possible scenarios about this upcoming EP, which happened to be the effect of the mistake of the EA team. Yeah I think that the subject matter of this EP should have been in the base game, however, I think this EP is a necessity for great storytelling and would add a richer game experience after purchase and for future expansions. I get it, you are very passionate about the sim's franchise, I just think your review/opinion is a bit premature -like 4 months premature. I think that it was great that, with your passion, that you took the time to make a youtube video and start a forum, but with all due respect, wait until you first have all the facts. :/
    >
    >
    >
    > This was not a review of an EP. This was a review of the way EA informs us about upcoming stuff nowadays and they're doing a poor job. GT was delayed by the way. Not only was the announcement not 4 months early originally, there might be a huge chance they delayed it because of comments like this one, realizing they had to come up with something really good because fans were mad and disappointed and told EA they want to do more than just partying. It's not just this video, I remember the entire forum kind of exploded after Rachel Franklin's dance act. And not because people were running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, but because they unanimously felt the same way about this announcement. So it's really easy to point at one guy now and tell him he was wrong, but just maybe you ought to thank him for being one of the simmers who woke up EA (update under his video: EA personally reached out to me and thanked me for the feedback in this video!) and persuaded them into adding things to this EP we all want and like.
    >
    > Some people seem to think that complaining and giving feedback is just a way to be annoying. While in fact it's only done to achieve things you want. EA asked for feedback.

I did not mean that he prematurely “reviewed” the entire Sims EP. When I used the word “review” I meant that in his video he “reviewed” aspects of the game he knew little to nothing about, and then gave his opinion before he should have. He made assessments about how this will not “add to the core of the game…” Well? How did he know that? The answer is; he didn’t 4 months ago. Anyone who makes statements like that needs facts behind them since their views can be impressionable to other people.

(Some of the information he needed to make his review was offered in the past couple of weeks by EA and invitees to the CC held at EA. He has stated that he still stands by his earlier opinions after reviewing the recent info, which is fine, as long as he based his opinion after his review of the facts and not from a wild guess)

I agreed with him about the poor info delivery of this EP from EA, which I also stated in my previous comment. And yes it was delayed, by only a month, meaning not too much game material could have possibly been added in that short amount of time since these EPs are planned, fleshed out, then developed for almost a year’s time, or maybe more, in advance, then completed months ahead of release. A month’s time would only allow them to smooth out some of the rough edges and add a few (easy to make) game content as EA themselves stated they did during the delay. No huge mountains were moved due to all the complaints.

EA, who has been listening to us and seeks out our feedback, has been “awake” for a little while now (He didn’t make them search YouTube looking for Sims vids, they did that on their own), realized their mistake (which was solely poor advertising) from the reaction of this OP’s and a multitude of others. I’m sure they instead used the majority of that months’ time to redo the advertisements to help explain this new EP better, since this type of EP is unprecedented and so many people were confused & upset by the poor information they received.

I was sympathetic towards him and showed how I understood what he was feeling. You must not have directly been referring to me, because I know that I never stated he was wrong, nor singled him out, due to the fact that most of us felt the same way he did. The only person or group that I’ve blamed was EA. And most people, when given false, bad, or little information about something, can and will make assumptions or speculate about it, especially if they are passionate about the subject matter. Its human nature and it is something I can sympathize with.
    I think you've misinterpreted his video when you think he was reviewing an EP (you say you understand he wasn't but at the same time you keep reproaching him that). He was giving a statement about what he saw at gamescom the day before, apparently awaiting an EP that caters to family oriented gameplay and instead of that seeing partying partying partying. He had every right to yell at EA: hey guys, wait, there's more to this game than partying! That's all he did. And in an extremely polite, friendly and not offensive way at that. And clearly he still supports the quintessens of his video, he still misses family oriented play (and he's hardly the only one).

I quoted you btw because your post triggered me into a line of thoughts, due to some things you wrote, but a lot of what I said was meant in general, not personally adressed at you. Even when I don't agree you were 100% sympathetic towards him (ummmm, 'review', can't take you too seriously, the :/ smiley). You weren't being rude either. But you were belittling his statements and message just because he didn't know everything there was to know about GT back then. And we still don't, it's really too early to say it's "one of the most sandbox features an EP ever brought to the table" as well. We don't know that yet. For me the outcome of that question will mean the difference between buying and not buying.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You just summarized the content of Sims4News' video message more or less. All he says is that it's not ideal for a lot of simmers that they're focusing on other things than family first. He doesn't assume that Maxis isn't working on family play and toddlers, all he's saying is, that he regrets it's not in there yet.
    Ummm... Can't you wait until the game comes out before you review it? I'm sorry, but I can't take your "review" too seriously until the game is released and actually played by you. I think they should not have mentioned the EP so soon,(4 months early) and withheld giving out information about the game until the last month, thereby causing most simmers to speculate about the EP and think of the worst possible scenarios about this upcoming EP, which happened to be the effect of the mistake of the EA team. Yeah I think that the subject matter of this EP should have been in the base game, however, I think this EP is a necessity for great storytelling and would add a richer game experience after purchase and for future expansions. I get it, you are very passionate about the sim's franchise, I just think your review/opinion is a bit premature -like 4 months premature. I think that it was great that, with your passion, that you took the time to make a youtube video and start a forum, but with all due respect, wait until you first have all the facts. :/
    This was not a review of an EP. This was a review of the way EA informs us about upcoming stuff nowadays and they're doing a poor job. GT was delayed by the way. Not only was the announcement not 4 months early originally, there might be a huge chance they delayed it because of comments like this one, realizing they had to come up with something really good because fans were mad and disappointed and told EA they want to do more than just partying. It's not just this video, I remember the entire forum kind of exploded after Rachel Franklin's dance act. And not because people were running with the hare and hunting with the hounds, but because they unanimously felt the same way about this announcement. So it's really easy to point at one guy now and tell him he was wrong, but just maybe you ought to thank him for being one of the simmers who woke up EA (update under his video: EA personally reached out to me and thanked me for the feedback in this video!) and persuaded them into adding things to this EP we all want and like.

Some people seem to think that complaining and giving feedback is just a way to be annoying. While in fact it's only done to achieve things you want. EA asked for feedback.

I don't believe I did since the video is based on speaking for simmers as a whole and saying that no one wanted this EP which is so far from fact.
    Please don't twist my words out of context.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Since the title refers to "simmers" in general, as the whole community and apparently with me included, I want to say I needed it very much.

I also want to add they don't speak for me. No one here does unless I say so.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    :# Get Together looks like the best EP ever made (most beautiful and detailed world in the franchise, very nice animations, cool objects, fun venue-types AND a sandbox-tool perfectly suited for story-tellers and other playstyles + it's future proven). :#

:# I NEEDED THIS SO MUCH IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! :#
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    mattandphilsims2mattandphilsims2 Posts: 136 Member
    edited December 2015
    I couldn't possibly roll my eyes any harder at the people who are nitpicking every word I said in the video. I was obviously speaking for myself and the many, many, MAAAAAAAANY unhappy people I was encountering at the time. I never implied that every single Simmer was on my side, and if you're focusing on that part then you're missing the point of the video. Stop overthinking it...I laid out my thoughts pretty clearly.

and FYI, I made the video to express my feelings, and I didn't realize that it would ever reach 100k views. This wasn't an official press release from a big company, it was just my opinion...it doesn't really need to be nitpicked or argued over. You can disagree and argue about the game and all that, but people who criticize my attitude, my word choice, my timing, my reasons for making the video...etc are going too far.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited December 2015
    Get Together > this video review :#
    Post edited by Mightydan on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2015
    op even if the nightmare age that is toddlers came back i would age them up to kids right a way
    And that's exactly why bringing toddlers back shouldn't be a problem.

You and everyone else who hates toddlers have a choice. The rest of us don't. That's not fair.

Yes that's true B)

Its always been a option to speed the ages up with them anyway :)

Yet me don't have a option with the newborns being a item instead of a life stage and the teens looking like young adults

the sims 4 in general is just not fair

Been playing the sims freeplay and family play has toddlers and preteens :/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    I couldn't possibly roll my eyes any harder at the people who are nitpicking every word I said in the video. I was obviously speaking for myself and the many, many, MAAAAAAAANY unhappy people I was encountering at the time. I never implied that every single Simmer was on my side, and if you're focusing on that part then you're missing the point of the video. Stop overthinking it...I laid out my thoughts pretty clearly.

and FYI, I made the video to express my feelings, and I didn't realize that it would ever reach 100k views. This wasn't an official press release from a big company, it was just my opinion...it doesn't really need to be nitpicked or argued over. You can disagree and argue about the game and all that, but people who criticize my attitude, my word choice, my timing, my reasons for making the video...etc are going too far.

If you put your opinion out there in the public, the public will respond.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Check out my video review of Get Together!

In this video, I delve into why Get Together isn’t the expansion pack we want, need or deserve. I also discuss EA’s problematic vision for The Sims 4, and the cons of linear gameplay vs. sandbox gameplay.

I worked really hard on this video (and skipped a day of work to make it) so please give a thumbs up and/or a comment if you enjoyed it! I’d also really like to hear what you guys (especially those who disagree with me) have to say about my arguments against Get Together.

Thanks guys, you're the best :)

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I beg to differ. Taking sim out is frustrating because they either wander off or they do something i dont want them to or they cancel my stuff to do what i wanted them to do. So get together is going to help with that.

But. You have your opinion and i have mine.. however, dont speak for every simmer because you're wrong on that bit. May not be what you needed but its something that i think will help out a lot in my game play. And from other simmers ive seen people feel the same way and some not.
    Yeah GT will help with that to some degree. But it would be much simpler to just disable autonomy all together for that household. And you can do that through general game play in options. And then your sims will just stand around, and wait for your next command.

But that doesn't work if you're a single Sim and travel with a group of friends not in your household to the nightclub or the park -- your friends will still wander off and you're just standing there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ummm... Can't you wait until the game comes out before you review it? I'm sorry, but I can't take your "review" too seriously until the game is released and actually played by you. I think they should not have mentioned the EP so soon, (4 months early) and withheld giving information about the game until the last month, thereby causing most simmers to speculate about the EP and think of the worst possible scenarios about this upcoming EP, (which happened to be the effect of the mistake of the EA team). I think that the subject matter of this EP should have been in the base game.

After watching the you tubers that got to attend the Creative Camp's videos (including the Sim's channel), and reading their articles, I think that a few of GT's features, that I have seen thus far, will add storytelling elements and a richer game experience to the core game and for future expansions such as Educational type EPs (sororities, high school/ elementary etc), and supernatural EPs.

I also wish they had family play now, but I understand that they need more time to cement the scripting and animation bugs, etc in order for it to function in sims 4 new game engine. I'm willing to wait patiently for that. :)

I think that all of their EPs, GPs, and SPs are well planned out in advance, sequential and will correlate with one another.( They needed to release this EP first before they released any future ones that we'd prefer, because this one will impact the future EPs.) We all just need time to see the big picture. Simmers have been complaining about new releases since sims 1 and then with each new generation, simmers tend to look fondly upon the previous one. Same old story... :/

I get it, you are very passionate about the sim's franchise, I just think your review/opinion is a bit premature -like 4 months premature. I think that it was great that, with your passion, that you took the time to make a you tube video and start a forum, but with all due respect, wait until you first have all the facts. :/

And that's why they never talk about what they're working on -- the only reason they mentioned this pack in August is because they were at Gamescom and had to justify that trip to Germany. :/ It would have been better if they'd skipped Gamescom, and like Apple hold their own events, maybe a live announcement on their Twitch channel, when the game was a bit more fleshed out. The "dance party" didn't do the pack any favors -- the first trailer was a little better because when you looked closely it wasn't all about partying (you saw the new greetings, swimming at the natural pools, foosball, etc.) but the impression that this was just another "party" pack was out there.

Yes, this could have been in base game (and could well be the foundation of future iterations of the Sims) but maybe no one really thought about it until people started talking about how groups never really stayed together with everyone wandering off, as well as the difficulty of children and teens finding regular playmates and buddies.

This pack will really help with family play, I think -- whether it's having a family Game Night, bringing together adult siblings (and their spouses) for dinner once a week, or taking the family camping (maybe allow the kids to each bring a friend -- that would be cool).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    glistergoldglistergold Posts: 9 New Member
    While I believe that the initial trailer did not properly explain what this EP is about(and did disappoint), I think the OP should not have grouped his opinions with "simmers" as "we". He welcomed people who disagreed with what he said to reply and now "couldn't possibly roll his eyes any harder". Welcome to the Internet. Where positive commentary is skipped over and negative commentary is sensationalized and got OP some money from all the views. *rolls eyes at society*

Get Together is proving so far to be one of the best EPs. I can barely contain my excitement! And I should add some to an ignore list(there is one?).
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I beg to differ. Taking sim out is frustrating because they either wander off or they do something i dont want them to or they cancel my stuff to do what i wanted them to do. So get together is going to help with that.

But. You have your opinion and i have mine.. however, dont speak for every simmer because you're wrong on that bit. May not be what you needed but its something that i think will help out a lot in my game play. And from other simmers ive seen people feel the same way and some not.
    Yeah GT will help with that to some degree. But it would be much simpler to just disable autonomy all together for that household. And you can do that through general game play in options. And then your sims will just stand around, and wait for your next command.

But that doesn't work if you're a single Sim and travel with a group of friends not in your household to the nightclub or the park -- your friends will still wander off and you're just standing there.
    True, unless one can find a way to disable the autonomy for the whole world.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    op even if the nightmare age that is toddlers came back i would age them up to kids right a way

You and everyone else who hates toddlers have a choice. The rest of us don't. That's not fair.

No, not really true since the game would spawn them anyways (townie-generation) + they take so much/many (not sure) resources away from them they could have better invested in other projects. Sorry, many people don't like toddlers and won't play with them, many don't care at all and for some they are obviously the center of their gameplay. The point is, only Maxis can estimate if making them is cost-efficient. And to be honest with you: I don't think they are but nevertheless I want them to return either way.

I'm sorry, but disagree with you.
    what do you mean many don't won't toddlers don't care about them and won't play with them?
    how would you you this.none of us know that. It's just your opintion
    I mean yes some don't want them back. But
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This was not a review of an EP. This was a review of the way EA informs us about upcoming stuff nowadays and they're doing a poor job. GT was delayed by the way. Not only was the announcement not 4 months early originally, there might be a huge chance they delayed it because of comments like this one, realizing they had to come up with something really good because fans were mad and disappointed and told EA they want to do more than just partying. It's not just this video, I remember the entire forum kind of exploded after Rachel Franklin's dance act. And not because people were running wi

I think sometimes people forget why a forum is here and some complaining like your in his/her personal inbox not t
    While I believe that the initial trailer did not properly explain what this EP is about(and did disappoint), I think the OP should not have grouped his opinions with "simmers" as "we". He welcomed people who disagreed with what he said to reply and now "couldn't possibly roll his eyes any harder". Welcome to the Internet. Where positive commentary is skipped over and negative commentary is sensationalized and got OP some money from all the views. *rolls eyes at society*

Get Together is proving so far to be one of the best EPs. I can barely contain my excitement! And I should add some to an ignore list(there is one?).

I agree with your post apart from below!
    I wouldn't say it was one of the best expansions in the series for me!
    It might be proving for you to be but not for everybody!
    We have some brilliant expansions in the sims series that did prove to be some of the series best!
    I love the world and the content in it but that's the only reason I got it! I felt it lacks new things to do but will be great with the basegame!
    But I wanted full expansion with more and new stuff to do!
    I'm happy you like it so much. I mean that's the whole point but not everybody will agree its one of the best in the series as we had far too many epic expansions before this one!

I can see dancing and DJ
    Coffee house and visit a natural pools and pub games with the clubs management but after that its very small pack with not much new stuff to do!

The pack would terrible if not for the world and new club management partl
    Its sunk in we won't be seeing a nightlife expansion pack. One of the most popular.
    now this is out :(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »

No, not really true since the game would spawn them anyways (townie-generation) + they take so much/many (not sure) resources away from them they could have better invested in other projects. Sorry, many people don't like toddlers and won't play with them, many don't care at all and for some they are obviously the center of their gameplay. The point is, only Maxis can estimate if making them is cost-efficient. And to be honest with you: I don't think they are but nevertheless I want them to return either way.

I'm sorry, but disagree with you.
    what do you mean many don't won't toddlers don't care about them and won't play with them?
    how would you you this.none of us know that. It's just your opintion
    I mean yes some don't want them back. But
    I don't want toddlers back they are big huge pain. My sims toddlers in TS3 are never the way I want them to be they whine for no reason and refuse to do things that help them in life. I always feel like they are spawned from satan not my sims. So no way do I want them back

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641