Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together Video Review: Why This Isn't What Simmers Needed

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yeah, it's his opinion and again, I couldn't disagree more. But it was not his opinion which bothered me, it was his attitude.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    He has made a statement in the video comments section.
    Sims4News 1 day ago
    Hey guys! Thanks for all of the views, comments and subs...you all rock! I just want to say that even with all of the new information about Get Together, I stand by everything I said in this video. I am impressed at how fleshed out Get Together is, and I think that delaying it was a good and brave choice on EA's part, but I still believe that TS4 has many serious, core issues and that Get Together is a step in the wrong direction. It's been amazing to hear everyone's opinions though, and I hope that some people enjoy the expansion next month! :)

I don't think he is saying this EP isn't needed period.
    He's just talking about the timing of it. I agree with the timing, because I stopped playing families and I am just sticking with YAs until we get a Generations type Ep with toddlers and hopefully pre-teens or re-worked teens.

Get Together will be useful for my YA's and I think I will enjoy it, but none of them are getting married until they can have toddlers and more family play. I don't know about his claim that Get Together will be repetitive, especially if it it can allow clubs to absorb other Eps and allow your sims to enjoy other EP and GP content as a group.

It's not a step in the wrong direction, it's a step in the right direction, but the series is moving ahead before addressing other issues.

However, you can also look at it as progressing at slower pace than usual because of the base game. I've been calling it slow motion simming. I am still in the YA phase. It's all about their careers and forming friendships. A dating GP will get them romancing. A Generations EP will get on to the adult phase, marriage, and having kids. A base should normally do that, but I haven't been satisfied with that and put my sims on hold until the series is a little more fleshed out. Give me University and those kids are going to college.

I'm actually interested in the impact the EP will make on children and teens. I want to have a group of children that grow up playing together, then they have to decide if they're going to stick together or drift apart when as teens they develop different interests. Right now teens really don't have much purpose in the game -- it's even hard to find them unless you go out to the park late at night. Two rival dance groups could be interesting. I also love the fact you can have two groups fighting each other -- could even be more like rival gangs in that case.

One of the issues that players brought up is that there wasn't that much to do off the home lot other than partying -- this pack tries to address that. Also the issue of taking groups to a community lot but everyone running off to do their own thing -- this EP addresses that as well. And by getting the group systems fixed and set into place, it will be easier to fit in future content, from play groups for toddlers (maybe even make it easier to have an active day care for the little monsters) to Sims playing sports against each other (with other Sims watching) and all sorts of other ideas.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    He's no different than anyone else, he wants what he wants first. If they released a Generations type EP and someone posted a video saying no one wanted this, everyone wanted something else, it was a step in the wrong direction, etc, he would be defensive and claim that poster was being selfish and shouldn't speak for everyone. The point of releasing packs is so we can buy what interests us and skip the ones that don't. There's no need to bash an EP just because it's not for you. People that do that, IMO, look needy for attention.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2015
    [quote="Dannydanbo;The point of releasing packs is so we can buy what interests us and skip the ones that don't. There's no need to bash an EP just because it's not for you. People that do that, IMO, look needy for attention.[/quote]

I do agree with most of your post, but the whole point of this forum is hearing from people that like the pack and the ones that don't like it!
    How would EA get bad feedback if people did not post it here?
    I think it should be done without causing problems between the ones that want it and the ones that don't of course
    Unfortunately because of all the cuts made in, community lots and public spaces
    build mode, family play, content, lastly the cuts in animations and some interactions.
    a lot of people want those missing things back which for me the lack of some of those thing is distracting when expansions come out we are still without some of those things like family for a example!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Yeah, it's his opinion and again, I couldn't disagree more. But it was not his opinion which bothered me, it was his attitude.

Sounds like you need thicker internet skin.

Your own attitude isn't anything to write home about, either...
    mattandphilsims2mattandphilsims2 Posts: 136 Member

I appreciate you calling me cute, but I really don't appreciate you attacking me for my "attitude". Watch the video again. I'm sharing my opinion and speaking for like-minded players. I honestly tried to be so nice and calm in my criticisms...I think you are looking for something that isn't there. I could've been a LOT harsher about it, but I was pretty chill.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2015

I appreciate you calling me cute, but I really don't appreciate you attacking me for my "attitude". Watch the video again. I'm sharing my opinion and speaking for like-minded players. I honestly tried to be so nice and calm in my criticisms...I think you are looking for something that isn't there. I could've been a LOT harsher about it, but I was pretty chill.
    I don't agree with what he said in his vid either. But if he had an attitude in the vid, I never saw where he had an attitude. As far as I could tell, he was cool, calm, and collective in the vid.

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I beg to differ. Taking sim out is frustrating because they either wander off or they do something i dont want them to or they cancel my stuff to do what i wanted them to do. So get together is going to help with that.

But. You have your opinion and i have mine.. however, dont speak for every simmer because you're wrong on that bit. May not be what you needed but its something that i think will help out a lot in my game play. And from other simmers ive seen people feel the same way and some not.
  • Options
    Dear OP, it's not that you "just" stated your opinion which bothers many of us, it's that you appeared as an advocate for "the simmers", "the players" etc. in your video. However, I disagreed back then, and I still do with almost everything you said and say.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Dear OP, it's not that you "just" stated your opinion which bothers many of us, it's that you appeared as an advocate for "the simmers", "the players" etc. in your video. However, I disagreed back then, and I still do with almost everything you said and say.

You got that right! #NotYourShield

"The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    I beg to differ. Taking sim out is frustrating because they either wander off or they do something i dont want them to or they cancel my stuff to do what i wanted them to do. So get together is going to help with that.

But. You have your opinion and i have mine.. however, dont speak for every simmer because you're wrong on that bit. May not be what you needed but its something that i think will help out a lot in my game play. And from other simmers ive seen people feel the same way and some not.
    Yeah GT will help with that to some degree. But it would be much simpler to just disable autonomy all together for that household. And you can do that through general game play in options. And then your sims will just stand around, and wait for your next command.

• Options
    MikeAM91 wrote: »
    The thing is though.. the EP hasn't even came out yet so why are you reviewing the game

I didn't see anyone really reviewing GT, just analyzing what is known.

This ;)

• Options
    Check out my video review of Get Together!

In this video, I delve into why Get Together isn’t the expansion pack we want, need or deserve. I also discuss EA’s problematic vision for The Sims 4, and the cons of linear gameplay vs. sandbox gameplay.

I worked really hard on this video (and skipped a day of work to make it) so please give a thumbs up and/or a comment if you enjoyed it! I’d also really like to hear what you guys (especially those who disagree with me) have to say about my arguments against Get Together.

Thanks guys, you're the best :)

Just wondering if you still felt this way, or maybe since more info is out you changed your mind? I'd love an update on your thoughts.

No he mentioned in his comment section of his video that he still stands by everything he said!

• Options
    Check out my video review of Get Together!

In this video, I delve into why Get Together isn’t the expansion pack we want, need or deserve. I also discuss EA’s problematic vision for The Sims 4, and the cons of linear gameplay vs. sandbox gameplay.

I worked really hard on this video (and skipped a day of work to make it) so please give a thumbs up and/or a comment if you enjoyed it! I’d also really like to hear what you guys (especially those who disagree with me) have to say about my arguments against Get Together.

Thanks guys, you're the best :)

Thank you so much for the video B)

I agree with so much you mentioned!

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited December 2015

I appreciate your opinion but you are way wrong about what we want. So its your opinion that you don't want it. I hate toddlers so I could careless if they come back but everyone wants them so its my own opinion about them. Next time address its your opinion and don't assume that everyone is going to hate the ep. Plus what is your definition of core gameplay?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    op even if the nightmare age that is toddlers came back i would age them up to kids right a way
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    op even if the nightmare age that is toddlers came back i would age them up to kids right a way
    And that's exactly why bringing toddlers back shouldn't be a problem.

You and everyone else who hates toddlers have a choice. The rest of us don't. That's not fair.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

You and everyone else who hates toddlers have a choice. The rest of us don't. That's not fair.
    I don't think they meant it like that they just mean they rather not have toddlers. If they got them back in their game they would age them up. Does not mean you can't do what you want with them if they do come back.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    sunman502 wrote: »

I don't agree with what he said in his vid either. But if he had an attitude in the vid, I never saw where he had an attitude. As far as I could tell, he was cool, calm, and collective in the vid.
    never mind :mrgreen:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Just+my+2CENTS.gif

I'm sorry you still feel this way OP, but I'm very grateful for this social system revamp! I'm quite pleased with the options that will come with this pack, and while I'm sure it will come with its fair share of issues (as any game seems to), I do believe it will make a fine addition to TS4 and one that players (like myself) will enjoy extensively.

It is regretful that Maxis has a bad habit of building onto the game when there are still issues that need remedied, but they have seemed far more responsive with TS4 than I remember them being in TS3. There is still a long road ahead, but it has progressed, and that is something I am happy to see.

We shall send you postcards from Windenburg. Best of luck and happy simming!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options

I appreciate your opinion but you are way wrong about what we want. So its your opinion that you don't want it. I hate toddlers so I could careless if they come back but everyone wants them so its my own opinion about them. Next time address its your opinion and don't assume that everyone is going to hate the ep. Plus what is your definition of core gameplay?
    He had explained to me what he meant by core game play. But I forgot what his definition was, and I can't seem to find that reply to me where he had explained that in either.

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

Yeah GT will help with that to some degree. But it would be much simpler to just disable autonomy all together for that household. And you can do that through general game play in options. And then your sims will just stand around, and wait for your next

But in my options i dont have club rules, dos and donts, or the options to be able to get Sims actually together with other Sims that have the same interests/likes/dislikes as other sims.

You seem to forget that this system that we're getting in get together is going to help with future expansion packs and content as well.

• Options
    edited December 2015

No, not really true since the game would spawn them anyways (townie-generation) + they take so much/many (not sure) resources away from them they could have better invested in other projects. Sorry, many people don't like toddlers and won't play with them, many don't care at all and for some they are obviously the center of their gameplay. The point is, only Maxis can estimate if making them is cost-efficient. And to be honest with you: I don't think they are but nevertheless I want them to return either way.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

Yeah GT will help with that to some degree. But it would be much simpler to just disable autonomy all together for that household. And you can do that through general game play in options. And then your sims will just stand around, and wait for your next command.

But you cant control multiple households that way :O)
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    are you ignoring how self centered this video is? this isnt what you need or want.
    buy artpop on itunes