Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    cully_c wrote: »
    Lol I think I was something like 1475! I'm always only a few off :D

LOL @cully_c close still counts
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CeltyGirly Last month I submitted in the eleventh hour because I wasn't sure my story really would work or fit. @CathyTea still convinced me to submit. I think everyone would understand if you took a month off because sometimes we all need a break from writing, but if you do come up with something, even if you're not sure, submit anyway. You never know. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Hello, everyone! :)
    Here I am in the end.
    That moment when you've read all the stories, and you just have to sit there and remind yourself "only three." And I had to decide between two for the last open space. At least this month voting was a little easier without having to PLACE those three stories... Because there was no way that I could possibly do that...

Yeah, I agree. It was still tough, but easier than previous voting. I'm looking forward to seeing the winners. :)

Good news! Here they are!

Announcing May's Winners!!

Tied for 3rd place: The Bald Truth ( @cully_c ), Rosa, mi hermosa rosa ( @remi_narrow ), and Rowenna's Gardens ( @CathyTea )

Tied for 2nd place: When it Rains ( @ra3rei ) and Flowers ( @CeltyGirly )

And in 1st place: Growing Pains ( @mastressalita )

Congrats to all the winners and participants. And let me know if you haven't already if you preferred this new voting format.

Congratulations to all the winners! Very well deserved! :star:

As for the voting system - it's easier. Though it's still difficult to choose only three. But it's not because of the system. It's because the entries are really great! :star:

The theme of the month is so interesting! But I'm afraid I won't be able to submit anything this month - June is too busy for me. :(
    Happy simming and writing, everyone!
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited June 2016
    Happy Timezones everyone!

Finally finished my 2nd run of editting and got this bad-boy screenshot. I'm super happy with this one, and am proud to present to you...

The Line.
    theline.jpg
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Very nice @Munterbacon
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    chealsycat wrote: »
    Here I am in the end.
    That moment when you've read all the stories, and you just have to sit there and remind yourself "only three." And I had to decide between two for the last open space. At least this month voting was a little easier without having to PLACE those three stories... Because there was no way that I could possibly do that...

Yeah, I agree. It was still tough, but easier than previous voting. I'm looking forward to seeing the winners. :)

Tied for 3rd place: The Bald Truth ( @cully_c ), Rosa, mi hermosa rosa ( @remi_narrow ), and Rowenna's Gardens ( @CathyTea )

Congrats to all the winners and participants. And let me know if you haven't already if you preferred this new voting format.

As for the voting system - it's easier. Though it's still difficult to choose only three. But it's not because of the system. It's because the entries are really great! :star:

The theme of the month is so interesting! But I'm afraid I won't be able to submit anything this month - June is too busy for me. :(

I do not know how to vote .. will there be a notice and instructions for us newbies
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Here I am in the end.

I do not know how to vote .. will there be a notice and instructions for us newbies

When the poll's open, @Carewren123 will announce it with a link to the poll! It usually opens the first of the month.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I've been so busy this month. I doubt I'll get a story done. I've really had little motivation nor inspiration. :/ I'll still try to vote, though. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Here I am in the end.

When the poll's open, @Carewren123 will announce it with a link to the poll! It usually opens the first of the month.

Yep @lisabee2 Voting is super simple now. When the time comes you'll just list your 3 favorite stories from this month. But we wait until after the deadline for submission before opening the poll.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    @Carewren123 thank you :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited June 2016
    @lisabee2 Your avi is sooooo adorable!

This month's short-story is set in Hertfordshire in Edwardian times. Can any of you recommend cc?

Thank you! =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @lisabee2 Your avi is sooooo adorable!

This month's short-story is set in Hertfordshire in Edwardian times. Can any of you recommend cc?

Thank you! =)

Sounds cool! :)

You could try Kiara24's site, although I don't know if she has any Edwardian specific stuff? Alternatively you could see if there is any links for cc in the Historical Challenge thread?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Aww TY @Spottydog714 ... I love him too .. mmm popcorn. @munterbacon gave awesome suggestins .. here is a link I like ... historychallengecc.tumblr.com/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @Munterbacon @lisabee2 You are both amazing, thank you! <3
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @Spottydog714 : Not sure if you are interested in using your copy of TS3 for short stories yet, but if so, I do know of some historical-themed cc for that version of the game.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @mastressalita Could you link them so I could see? Then I'll decide! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    @Spottydog714

All About Style <-- Your best bet for that particular style
    Sims Wiki: TS3 Historical and Ethic cc Listing <-- Second best bet since it's just a big link directory with lots of different historical cc resources on it

These just provide some other historical cc, some may work, others probably aren't the style you wan't at all:

ModTheSims Medieval Clothing
    TSR Regency Clothing
    TSR Edwardian Clothing
    TSR Medieval Clothing
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    @mastressalita Thank you, I think I'm going to get to grips with TS3 before i start screenshotting it. It all looks a bit mind-boggling at the moment! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    @Spottydog714 If you decide to go the TS3 route and have any questions, you can always PM me or ask over in the Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!! thread. Might be easier for you to stick with the game you know, TS4 has some astoundingly gorgeous cc too. I just don't catalog that stuff as I have enough problems cataloging the stuff for the game I do own. ^_~

I got my story shot last night... now I still have the process of creating my final photo set and writing! The longest step is done so I'm officially over the hump!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, my story is done!

Bibliotaph

...And I used all the words, just cause I felt like the added challenge, heh. Plus defenestrate, because, ya know... I really love that word. ^_^;;;
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    @Carewren123 I "found" you in another friends blog list (and I thought your name was familiar .. I get in here and see why) Enjoyed your short stories .. esp the one where she took her wig off and embraced her true self ..wow tear jerker!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I hope you find cool stuff for your story @Spottydog714 :) I saw this while snooping around tumblr ... http://thesims4medievalfinds.tumblr.com/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @Carewren123 I "found" you in another friends blog list (and I thought your name was familiar .. I get in here and see why) Enjoyed your short stories .. esp the one where she took her wig off and embraced her true self ..wow tear jerker!

Aw thanks @lisabee2 I'm glad you enjoyed. That one story was for another short story challenge that some of us here used to participate. When it was discontinued... well that was part of why we wanted to start up another one. Which of course is what led to me creating this thread.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    @lisabee2 I wanna do a medieval story now!
    EkpFDaf.png