Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Closed*

Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
Due to my computer having to be restarted completely, I lost all my sims data and therefore have had to stop. Yet again.

So I still have never completed a challenge.

I know, rubbish.

One day, one day I will complete a challenge.
Post edited by Cookingpup99 on

Comments

• Options
    Bump. Anyone... please?
  • Options
    commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    The Time Lord Challenge!

tumblr_ndb0cjeTGH1qcwhkeo2_500.gif

Though you my give yourself more than a month. :)
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • Options
    AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    100 Baby Challenge (but if you are gonna do it in a month than cut it to 50 babies) :)
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @commeuneplume I am a whovian and you have just made my day, thanking you kind sir. I've been looking at that for a while and pondering over it. I was going to start up a load of Lets Plays and crossing it over with apocalypse challenge but it never happened :( You excited for Series 9? Season 9... I just realised that you might not be a whovian but... oh well.

@aj_4182 Good suggestion :) I'm just going to check the rules out quickly so I can get a quick kinda understanding about it. Would I not need a female sim instead? EDIT: Hey, I've just checked the rules, the founder needs to be a female... Leonardo is not a female LoL Do you have any other suggestions and then maybe when I move onto the next challenge you could suggest that one again? EDIT 2: I'm just watching your Parentcy Challenge lets plays, how are you finding the challenge? Is there anything you want me to change or any mistakes?

Keep the suggestion rolling, I need a winner by Wednesday :D
  • Options
    Welp I'm a derp... :D How about the Rosebud Challenge? And thanks for watching my videos! I'm kind of shy when I start out the videos, but I've been getting better. I'm a YouTube noob :# And no not any suggestions I could think of right now :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @aj_4182 It's fine LoL :lol: I'm going to check out the Rosebud Challenge now. Your welcome :) I've tried to make youtube videos but I'm just super awkward... I might do gameplay videos of this one and write a blog/story too... it depends what I feel like I guess. EDIT: I looked at the Rosebud challenge and immediately liked it when I saw 'Sim-millionaire' because I just see him being a millionaire LoL.
  • Options
    Bump... two challenges have been suggested, anymore you think Leonardo would suit anyone? Or one of the two that have been suggested that you think is the right challenge for him.
  • Options
    @aj_4182 It's fine LoL :lol: I'm going to check out the Rosebud Challenge now. Your welcome :) I've tried to make youtube videos but I'm just super awkward... I might do gameplay videos of this one and write a blog/story too... it depends what I feel like I guess. EDIT: I looked at the Rosebud challenge and immediately liked it when I saw 'Sim-millionaire' because I just see him being a millionaire LoL.

Yeah, Leonardo sounds like a rich person's name.
  • Options
    commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited July 2015
    @commeuneplume I am a whovian and you have just made my day, thanking you kind sir. I've been looking at that for a while and pondering over it. I was going to start up a load of Lets Plays and crossing it over with apocalypse challenge but it never happened :( You excited for Series 9? Season 9... I just realised that you might not be a whovian but... oh well.

Keep the suggestion rolling, I need a winner by Wednesday :D

@Cookingpup99 well, stumbling across that thread made MY day/week/possibly month, so i'm glad it could do the same for you! I've made my TL, edited Willow Creek until I went cross-eyed, and created my tardis!!! I'm working on the first update now, head on over to the thread if you want to check it out. The link to the blog is on the first page. :)

I am SO excited for the next season! I have to say, i'm a new-ish Whovian ::waves. points to shiny name badge:: However, of the 3 regenerations that i've seen, Capaldi is my absolute favorite. (I seem to be alone with this thought, generally). BUT, I enjoy his acting in other series he's been in.

ANYWAYS, i digress. Looking forward to seeing if you decide to take on the challenge!

-Plume
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • Options
    @commeuneplume I'll have a look now, I bet it's awesome. I'm afraid again you are alone with Capaldi... I don't feel it is necessarily his fault, I think it's more that the writing has slowly got worse from about halfway through Series 7 (Season...sorry... English LoL) continued. I don't have high hopes to be honest. Hopefully, it'll be better than the last. Some episodes like the last two were awesome, but unlike Series 5 and 6 I wasn't particularly hooked on the background/underlying story.

Sorry to nerd you out :D

Suggestions please :) Need some more or a vote for one of the chosen challenges!
  • Options
    Bump, need some suggestions before tomorrow. Replies don't need to be long, the challenge name is enough but please please please spare some seconds to suggest a challenge :) I will have my first post up as soon as I get the results, I need all the time I can during the next few days because I won't be able to use my laptop next week. So this challenge is going to be particularly hard because I have seven days less, meaning I have like 23 days to complete it... ARGH why did I set myself this challenge................................. So yeah... suggestions please :)
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I have done both the Time Lord Challenge and the Rosebud Solitaire Challenge and wholeheartedly recommend both of them. I'm actually on my second playthrough of the Time Lord Challenge (and I'm not even a whovian!).

I'd also suggest Mooch Off Your Neighbors (your Sim is a sofa surfer), Whims and Sims (complete as many whims as you can before Grim visits), Living Off the Land (fish, garden, collect -- make it work) and Living Off the Grid (no electricity or gadgets). I've personally done and enjoyed all of these. Each would be ideal for your single Sim, Leonardo. You can easily complete any of them in under a month. I'd be surprised if they took more than 2 weeks, depending, of course, on how many hours per play session you can spend.

Each has a link on Nicarra's list. Or, give me a few moments and I'll try to get them linked here for you.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Since Time Lord and Rosebud were already linked, I didn't bother doing them again. Here are the ones i suggested:

Mooch Off your Neighbour
    Living off the Grid
    Living Off the Land
    Whims and Sims

Oh, thought of another one -- The Room Challenge. Your Sim lives in a 64-tile room with no doors/windows and must stay there until s/he completes the Mansion Baron Aspiration.

Hope that helps!

Currently trying to fix the broken links -- hang on... Ok, all links fixed and should work properly now (fingers crossed) Whoops, hang on, one more to fix... Ok, NOW they're all fixed (whew!)
    Post edited by SimPoseyYum on
  • Options
    @SimPoseyYum Thank you soooooooo much for all of your suggestions. The Room Challenge sounds very interesting... I'll have a look at the others. I'll jot down that you liked the others too. Out of the two which did you prefer?

Anyone else?
  • Options
    @SimPoseyYum Hey, just looking through the links the Living off the Land and Mooch Off your Neighbour links are broken... I might have to take them off the list because I need rules and stuff. Sorry :(
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Cookingpup99, the real links aren't broken. I probably just goofed when trying to link them here on this thread (wouldn't be the first time I goofed :B). I just went to Nicarra's list and tested each of them. They work.

I'll go back and see if I can fix the ones in this thread, or I'll just delete them. Sorry 'bout that!

Edit: all links fixed and tested. They're good now.
  • Options
    @SimPoseyYum I'll have a look at them on Nicarra's list. Thanks again :)

I need votes now for the challenges that have been suggested to decide the winning challenge :D
  • Options
    @Cookingpup99 all links fixed now. Fixed and tested :). Have fun!
  • Options
    @SimPoseyYum Thank you :) I've just looked at mooching off your neighbour challenge and that looks really cool too! So many good challenges have been suggested!
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    aj_4182 wrote: »
    Welp I'm a derp... :D How about the Rosebud Challenge? And thanks for watching my videos! I'm kind of shy when I start out the videos, but I've been getting better. I'm a YouTube noob :# And no not any suggestions I could think of right now :)
    I am so thrilled and honored that the Rosebud Challenge was suggested. :)
    There is another version in my signature.
    The Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge involves only a single Sim and lots of Youth Potion. The goal is 500K but is still a real test. I have played both several times and still not tired of them.

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @SimPoseyYum Thank you soooooooo much for all of your suggestions. The Room Challenge sounds very interesting... I'll have a look at the others. I'll jot down that you liked the others too. Out of the two which did you prefer?
    Anyone else?
    This is also a fun challenge. Only one Sim to manage.
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen Thank you soo much for commenting. I like the idea of your challenge, I reckon it's going to be hard to achieve in 23 or so days LoL if that comes out as the winning challenge. I'll just go and change the list now to add votes and stuff. Shall I count you for the Rosebud challenge as a vote?
  • Options
    megsteroomegsteroo Posts: 201 Member
    I feel like Leonardo is so gorgeous that you could try an uglacy - where you start off with a really good looking sim and try to create the ugliest sim possible after 10 generations. (As you've probably noticed, I'm a big fan of legacy style challenges). Considering that you're doing it in a month, I'd definitely put the short lifespan on and maybe just go for five generations. Or you could allow yourself an extension of a few more months? It's just a suggestion.
    By the looks of things, you're a mega whovian, so maybe you should do the Timelord Challenge as suggested by some others.
    4Dxbywq.jpg
  • Options
    @megsteroo Thanks for your suggestion. I'll add the Uglacy down, I think that's going to be hard seeing as most of the girls in the sims worlds are like really pretty, but it'd be cool to give it a go.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    So at the moment the challenges are:

•Rosebud Challenge (3)
    •The Room Challenge (3)
    •Mooch Off Your Neighbours Challenge
    •Uglacy Challenge

Thank you everyone for suggesting all these challenges :) I just need people to vote for their favourite now. People that have already suggested can vote for a challenge, but only for one you haven't suggested/previously voted for. I've deleted the challenges that had no votes and I didn't particularly want to do as I'm going to have less time as I will be missing a week off of the month so I wanted to do one I am going to be fully committed too.

As much as I am a whovian, I kinda couldn't imagine Leonardo being a timelord, he doesn't seem wacky enough. I can't see him getting into gardening or living without electricity, he seems like a modern guy who watches the footie with his mates and doesn't like to get his hands grubby. The Whims and Sims challenge had only one vote. It's weird how much I have already formed an image of his personality.

As you can see, most of the challenges left are money based and I guess again it's because of my mind's image of him being someone who appreciates the luxuries offered by life. I like the idea of having to use skills to earn money and build up a mansion. The Uglacy Challenge seems like a cool and challenging challenge too, I think it would be cool to see if it's possible to make an ugly sim in game with all the perfect sims that live in the neighbourhood LoL.

So, you've got until tomorrow to vote for your favourite!