This is the official thread for the Whims & Sims challenge that I adapted from a Sims 3 challenge.
The aim of this challenge is to complete as many whims as you can in your sims life time and as many life time aspirations whilst keeping your sim from falling into negative emotions and losing points. It can be played as a "Whimacy" please see below for further information.
Whims are the little thought bubbles that appear above your sim to the bottom left of your screen. One of these will change as your sims emotions change. The other two will stay the same until fulfilled.
Begin with a fresh game. Create your founding sim. Only rule here is that he or she must be a young adult.
The sim life span will determine the difficulty of this challenge.
Long life span - novice challenge, subtract 2000 points.
Normal life span - intermediate challenge, score 2000 extra points.
Short life span - hardcore challenge, score 4000 extra points.
One created, pick a lot and move in. You can create your house however you want, but there must be no decor or items that influence a Sims emotions. So basically, plain and basic to begin. No money cheats.
If you would like to make things even more challenging, try using the Sims 4 random traits/aspiration generator by clicking here
. You can also use the Random Thing Picker to pick whether you will play short, normal or long life span, .
- NO CHEATS AT ALL!
- No moving from the founding lot.
- NO CANCELLING WHIMS! Not a single one. Nada. If your sim changes its own whims that's fine.
- No buying any objects that have an emotional aura. Items that have an environment buff are fine. Any created items by your sim with auras are fine.
- You cannot use satisfaction points at all! They go towards your final scoring.
- No Book of Life or Ambrosia.
- Soon as the grim reaper appears, pause game and screen shot sim stats. You can control any other sim in the household to plead for your sim's life if you wish. As it is random whether the reaper will save your sim or not.
- If your sim has a whim for an item that has an aura, either buy it then sell it immediately on the whim completing or just don't enable the aura.
- Your sim can have anyone it wants move in, have children and get married.
You CAN control your sim. As scoring takes into account your positive and negative emotion scores, leaving your sim to get in a state is only going to ruin your final score. So boss your sim about all you want, just don't neglect those whims, because they rack up the satisfaction points which help your final score.
You should aim to complete one life time aspiration. You could say these are the biggest whims of all. If you fail to complete a lifetime aspiration, you fail the challenge. You can switch aspirations whenever you want and complete as many as you want. No extra bonus points for completing more than one though, the satisfaction points gained are more than enough!
You can make this challenge into a Whimacy if you want. To do this, start as above. Have a child or adopt. DO NOT switch game play to the child/teen at any time. No fulfilling any whims. As soon as your heir becomes a young adult, the next generation begins. Score each generation for a final Whimacy grand total.
You can also just play a single sim with a single life time. When the grim reaper shows up, its all over. Screenshot those sim stats, (you have to do this with the print screen button in windowed mode and paste into paint) and see if you can do better with another sim or post your score and sim stat screenshots on here for everyone to see (and be competitive over!
To post screenshots on this thread you need to have reached member rank. If you are a new member you won't be able to attach images until you have moved up a rank. To post screenshots, host the image online with the likes of photo bucket or imageshack. Cooy the direct url and using the image button to paste the url into your reply.
Your sim stats are important here. They show the completed number of whims in your Sims life time. For scoring open up your sims stats in the Simology tab and:
- Take your total whim count. Multiply it by 10.
- Take your total satisfaction points and add together with the above.
- Add each of the positive emotion counts in the sim stats to the above. (Confident, Energized, Flirty, Focused, Happy, Inspired, Playful)
- Deduct each of the negative emotion counts in the sim stats from the above. (Angry, Bored, Dazed, Embarrassed, Sad, Tense, Uncomfortable)
- Deduct 1000 points for each and every cancelled whim from the above. (ouch, don't cancel them.
- Add or subtract any extra lifespan points to the above.
If your sim dies having never completed one lifetime aspiration, F for fail. Try again and good luck!
I just played through the lovely Whimsy Simsy, an artistic sim that died of old age. These are her stats, though her satisfaction points were $12770 not $2000. I forgot to take a shot before i carried on playing her after the challenge ended.
12770 points from satisfaction
2000 points for normal lifespan
1250 points for whims completed x 10
568 points for positive emotion stat count added together
Deduct 95 for negative emotion stat count added together
No cancelled whims
FINAL TOTAL: 16588 - 95 = 16493
THIS POST MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME TO ADD ANY IMPORTANT INFORMATION/CHANGES.
SIMPOSEYUM - Chaz Fontaine = 29,473 (normal lifespan)