The Sims 4 Room Challenge is meant to test your management of social activities without the presence of other Sims. You build an 8 x 8 room on any lot of your choosing, move your Sim inside, and then delete the door! Your sim may not leave the room until the challenge is complete. The final goal is to complete the Mansion Baron aspiration without ever getting a job, friends, or exiting the allotted space.
Step 1: Create your Sim! Appearance is irrelevant. Make them look however you wish, and with whatever traits you wish. There's just one exception: You may NOT choose the "Loner
" trait. Mine is Doris Dolores. I made her a rather finicky Sim with the Outgoing Trait for extra challenge! Doris can be found in the gallery under #theroomchallenge
or under my username katoregama. She's just my mascot though. Feel free to make your own. However, you may only have ONE SIM in the household.
Step 2: Add traits and aspirations. Again you may NOT use "Loner". All other traits or starting aspirations are acceptable. Bear in mind however, you are not allowed to switch Aspirations until you reach a point where they are completed, or impossible to complete. Choose wisely! I did NOT choose wisely, as Doris's Gregarious trait will not help her in any way during the challenge. But hey, that's Doris!
Step 3: Move into any vacant lot you choose. You get to use all of the game's initial starting funds to help you get on your feet. I chose Bargain Bend in Willow Creek, but every lot is available as long as they are empty and bulldozed when you move in. Once you do, build an 8 x 8 square room. You don't necessarily HAVE to build a box, but keep the maximum tiles around 64.
Step 4: Feel free to make your house look nice and pretty, and again, use whatever starting funds the game has available inside or out.
Step 5: Move your Sim inside, then DELETE the front door.
Step 6: Your home is your castle, be it ever so humble. So humble in fact you've only got an 8 x 8 grid to work with. However, you can fill the inside with any decorations, furniture, skill objects, toys, computers or whatever you please. Keep in mind you will need to make money without ever getting a job or leaving, so things like fishing and collecting are out. Painting, Programming, Gardening, or Microscoping are all valid means of obtaining income. As long as you never LEAVE.
Step 7: While the FINAL goal is to complete Mansion Baron, clearly it's going to be difficult to accomplish right away. You are more than welcome to build anywhere on your lot to achieve the objectives, such as 30 windows, 20 columns, and a final lot value of $350,000. You may check your progress on Mansion Baron at any time, but again, you may NOT select a new aspiration until your current one is complete or impossible. That's it!
1. Create any Sim you choose from scratch. They may look like whatever you wish.
2. Your Sim may start off with any traits or aspirations you wish EXCEPT "Loner".
3. A hard-mode would require your sim to take the "Outgoing" trait.
1. Choose any lot you wish, as long as you bulldoze every object from the lot before moving in.
2. A small 20 x 15 lot is recommended to give you maximum starting funds.
3. Build an 8 x 8 square room. Foundations are acceptable. You may build a porch and front door at the start.
4. Move your sim into the room, then delete the door. They may not leave under any circumstances.
5. You may only use ONE SIM in the household.
1. Walls may be any height.
2. You may NOT build a staircase to the second floor. 1 Floor Only.
3. Access to a mailbox is allowed, but only if it is in a location within the acceptable confines of your 8 x 8 room.
4. The above is possible by having a corner of the room outside, but fenced off. The mailman won't be able to use the postbox, but you can!
5. You may place any objects, beds, skill objects, or furniture within the confines on your room.
6. You may place walls and doors within your room.
7. You don't necessarily have to build a boring cube if you don't want to. Just keep the final floor plan around 64 tiles, and it will be fine.
8. You can build an outdoor area of your room, or make the entire room a fenced off outdoor area, as long as it fits within the space, and prohibits communication with other sims.
1. When gameplay begins your final goal is to complete the Mansion Baron aspiration.
2. 30 windows, 20 columns and $350,000 worth of stuff? Yes, you ARE allowed to build outside of your room.
3. You can build anything, anywhere, at any time, as long as your sim never leaves their 8 x 8 area.
4. You may NOT switch aspirations once one is selected, until it become impossible to complete, or is completed.
5. The exception to the above, is Mansion Baron. You can switch to it at any time to track your primary progress.
6. You may spend points on any rewards you wish, excluding the "Independent" reward, and "Moodlet Solver"
7. Your sim is not allowed to have a job, making money gains difficult.
8. You may turn aging on or off as desired.
You START with a score of 100 points.
- 1 for every day that passes, excluding day 1.
- 10 for every time the social need reaches critical.
- 10 every time utilities are shut off from unpaid bills.
+10 for every skill that reaches level 10.
+5 for ANY Aspiration Stage you complete.***
***You cannot complete any aspirations requiring you to leave home or make friends. So you will not be able to complete many aspirations in full. That is why it is +5 for every stage, making it +20 for every aspiration fully completed
*Just post on my wall with your final score, or send me a PM, and I'll add you to the leaderboard!