Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• SirenHartSirenHart Posts: 272 Member
    edited October 2014
    deleted
    Post edited by SirenHart on
    Interested in Resident Evil (BioHazard) Builds and Sims?
    Look for my Origin ID:
    There is no Custom Content in my game, so all uploads are 100% CC FREE!
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    End of week 8. Still no rewards used. Still living in 8x8 home :)

Oh yeah...

week8.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    edited October 2014
    deleted
    Look for my Origin ID:
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Go, kremesch, go!
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I've run into a bug or something. I've somehow discovered some frogs, crystals, plants, and fossils that I haven't actually found. My sim has not left the house and she has found almost all the frogs in her collection folder. A cowplant and dragonfruit. 7 Mysim trophies and 6 fossils. I'm not sure how that's happening. I started a new family in a new save file.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
    edited October 2014
    deleted

Look for my Origin ID:
    jobug1015 wrote: »
    I've run into a bug or something. I've somehow discovered some frogs, crystals, plants, and fossils that I haven't actually found. My sim has not left the house and she has found almost all the frogs in her collection folder. A cowplant and dragonfruit. 7 Mysim trophies and 6 fossils. I'm not sure how that's happening. I started a new family in a new save file.

Did you create a new sim in the neighborhood you were already using, or did you go the whole way out to the main menu and start a new game from there?
    @moongodess Created from a new neighborhood straight from the main menu. I noticed after I bought the first seed packet that dragonfruit showed up, but didn't think anything of it. When I went back to check it, just out of curiosity because I bought another packet of seeds I noticed all the rest.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
    Well, I thought I created a new neighborhood, but I just popped out to the main menu and noticed it went into my previous neighborhood. That really bums me out.... but still shouldn't the collection be per family and not neighborhood?
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • mrsnava82mrsnava82 Posts: 664 Member
    This sounds fun I'll have to give it a shot.
    signature.png
    jobug1015 wrote: »
    Well, I thought I created a new neighborhood, but I just popped out to the main menu and noticed it went into my previous neighborhood. That really bums me out.... but still shouldn't the collection be per family and not neighborhood?

You would think, but no lol

End of week three -
    Week Two Total = 97
    Days =7
    Nature Nurturer +5
    Week Three Total = 95

Almost done with last bit of Freelance Botanist Aspiration and almost to level 10 in gardening, painting, handiness and cooking.
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm done with week one. Carnegie has completed the first two steps of Painter Extraordinaire.

Incidentally, displaying 25 paintings at once can be a bit of a pain when your sim lives in a 3x8 house.

I'm a little concerned by the fact that she hasn't received any bills yet. I moved her mailbox outside of her little moat, just in case that was making it impossible for the mailman to reach it. I figure I can just move it again when she needs to access it.
    nateslice wrote: »
    I'm done with week one. Carnegie has completed the first two steps of Painter Extraordinaire.

Incidentally, displaying 25 paintings at once can be a bit of a pain when your sim lives in a 3x8 house.

I'm a little concerned by the fact that she hasn't received any bills yet. I moved her mailbox outside of her little moat, just in case that was making it impossible for the mailman to reach it. I figure I can just move it again when she needs to access it.

Gave up on postcards from penpals. Mailman still throws the bills over the fence, but he didn't bring any more postcards after the first two. He did, however, stand outside for like 4 hours the other day, staring at my sim through the window. Creeper
    edited October 2014
    Oh, another thing I'd like to share... a Childish painter seems really efficient in this challenge. Talking to a stuffed animal not only satisfies the Social need, but it also makes a Childish sim Inspired.

A Gloomy one might also do well, as the Sad emotion gives bonuses to painting, too.
    How many days is a sim an adult? I know YA is 20. My DIL lost track of time in her box, but she has aging on. Can figure out from there if she knows how long for adulthood.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I might even do this challenge again because I think I can do it in less time, given what I know now. Currently reinstalling Sim 3 as well, I really really miss lucky palms lol but that's another story
    I think Adult and Young Adult are the same.
    I might even do this challenge again because I think I can do it in less time, given what I know now. Currently reinstalling Sim 3 as well, I really really miss lucky palms lol but that's another story

LOL I never uninstalled TS3 - although I did uninstall Into the Future cause I didn't like it.
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    It's getting exciting!
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Yunique was doing pretty well. At first. Week one went swimmingly; she racked up a score of 104 because she completed 2 Aspiration stages. Sadly, things started going downhill (rapidly) in Week 2. Everything under the sun broke. Add to that, the isolation started to get to her so she had to spend several days computer chatting. She was constantly hungry, dirty or sleepy. Then, for some reason, she started disliking her bed and refused to sleep in it.

She passed out on the floor 3 times in protest. Week 2 ended with a score of 97. And she hasn't even passed 15,000 in net worth. /sigh

We'll keep plugging away but things aren't looking good for poor Yuni!
    Yunique was doing pretty well. At first. Week one went swimmingly; she racked up a score of 104 because she completed 2 Aspiration stages. Sadly, things started going downhill (rapidly) in Week 2. Everything under the sun broke. Add to that, the isolation started to get to her so she had to spend several days computer chatting. She was constantly hungry, dirty or sleepy. Then, for some reason, she started disliking her bed and refused to sleep in it.

She passed out on the floor 3 times in protest. Week 2 ended with a score of 97. And she hasn't even passed 15,000 in net worth. /sigh

Yikes!
  • Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    moongodess wrote: »
    How many days is a sim an adult? I know YA is 20. My DIL lost track of time in her box, but she has aging on. Can figure out from there if she knows how long for adulthood.

20 for young adult and adult each. I am going to have to turn my aging off I think because Bob is nearing elderhood and I still have $200k for the finish
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »

20 for young adult and adult each. I am going to have to turn my aging off I think because Bob is nearing elderhood and I still have $200k for the finish

I turned aging off when I started because it seemed a waste to have my sim accrue such wealth and die before she could enjoy it LOL
  • Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    edited October 2014

My poor sim caught his kitchen on fire DAY 2!! Then he had to sell some things to refurnish the stove and fridge.
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »

I turned aging off when I started because it seemed a waste to have my sim accrue such wealth and die before she could enjoy it LOL

I wasn't sure If I would continue to play him later. I have another super rich family that needs my attention!

Speaking of Bob:

2014-10-12_0-05-34_zps47a7e77c.jpg

Bob's little shack doesn't look like it's worth much but he's got everything shoved in the backyard in more or less a great heap. He continues to trudge along, painting his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off so he can finish his ultimate aspiration.

Only about 40 more paintings to go Bob...you can do it!!
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2014
    Done.

No rewards have been used. No steel bladder or never tired etc..

As far as I'm concerned, those of you that used the rewards are nothing but cheaters! :pensive:

Seriously, I mean that. :disappointed:

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Challenge--NOT!

So, here's what I did with my gal. I started her off in an 8x8 home and kept it that way.
    She never paid mind to her aspirations.
    She starterd out with Mansion Baron and ended with Mansion Baron.
    - 1 for every day that passes, excluding day 1.
    - 10 for every time the social need reaches critical.
    - 10 every time utilities are shut off from unpaid bills.
    +10 for every skill that reaches level 10.
    +5 for ANY Aspiration Stage you complete.***

It took her 11 weeks and 5 days -95 points
    Social needs never met critical. At first, she used the PC and it took FOREVER! Then she took to gardening. Social went up nicely after that. -0
    Utilities were never shut off. -0
    Level 10 for: cooking, gardening, gourmet cooking, painting, writing. = +50
    All aspirations of Mansion Baron have been completed: +20

So, in the end, I have 70 points.

You bite! Seriously!

I'm probably one of the few who didn't use aspiration rewards (CHEATS!)

I started out with Mansion Baron and ended with it. I'm giving myself an extra 200 points for NOT BEING LAME!

*disclaimer: she is doing this in private so... BITE ME!*

Here's lovely pics.

She started out in Crick Cabana and gained so much weight that I will cry a thousand tears.

week11_1.jpg
    wee11_2.jpg
    week11_3.jpg
    week11_4.jpg

End of Mansion pics:
    10-11-14_11-57%C2%A0PM-2.png
    10-11-14_11-57%C2%A0PM.png
    10-11-14_11-58%C2%A0PM.png
    10-11-14_11-59%C2%A0PM-2.png
    10-11-14_11-59%C2%A0PM-3.png
    10-11-14_11-59%C2%A0PM.png
    10-12-14_12-00%C2%A0AM.png