Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Youtube group/partner group.

Comments

• Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Hey everyone, @AP_Pepper and posted our Challenge thread :3 Let us know what you think~
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    Great! :D Welcome, @MysticalSimmer! *waves* It should be lots of fun~

Hello :3 thank you for the warm welcome
  • Options
    @ByondTime89--did you want us to use one of the builds from your challenge in our simtubers series?
  • Options
    @ByondTime89--did you want us to use one of the builds from your challenge in our simtubers series?

Oh no! I was just throwing our video out there for you guys to check out and tell us what you thought :3 I mean if you wanted you can, but no xD
  • Options
    so, it's almost the end of September, and I'm about to put up a Simtuber "Play My Way" video (probably tomorrow). Sorry it's taken so long; is anyone else post one by the end of the month?
  • Options
    TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    This definitely does sound interesting. Is this still a thing? :)
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • Options
    I think so, though it seems a few of us have trickled off xD Also, I totally forgot about that thing, @professorlilith
  • Options
    b1the1changeb1the1change Posts: 57 Member
    I'm definitely game just lemme know!
    2421.jpeg?1444092538102
  • Options
    So, here's a quick question. What kinda recording setup do you guys use. The one I have now worked a lot better on my old computer but now it just makes my games kinda laggy
  • Options
    LoiLo screen recorder.

Ezvid for uploading videos.
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
  • Options
    @BeyondTime89 and @sabmic and @TheDinorhino and @b1the1change and @MysticalSimmer If anyone is still interested, I've finally got some Simtuber Let's Plays posted. Also, @BeyondTime, I'm currently using screencast-o-matic and windows moviemaker. I'm not happy with the quality of video I get this way--movie maker keeps blurring what looks like a perfectly fine video in screen capture. I just got a new microphone. I was using a (US dollar) $20 headset, but I just bought a Samson Meteor Mic, and the jump in sound quite high. You can hear the difference between the intro (new microphone) and chapter 1 (old microphone). I lost the sound on the original recording of the intro narration so I put a new one in today with the new microphone. So, here they are:

https://youtu.be/7m9EKtO6i9I is the introduction

and https://youtu.be/KJOZoeXy-7U is the first chapter.
  • Options
    I post various room build videos on my channel. I use LoiLo to record and then I put the recording into ezvid, increase the speed of the video and then upload in HD.

I used Windows Movie Maker for 1 one of my videos.
  • Options
    @professorlilith I use movie maker too and mine doesn't get blurry. I get a fairly decent HD video at the end. Also, what were we doing for that again? I forget

Thanks @TheDinorhino I might check it out :3
  • Options
    b1the1changeb1the1change Posts: 57 Member
    I purchased an El Gato but it was so sh!tty, I gave up on it and moved on to simply using OBS, and I'm in love. I have cyberlink powerdirector, it depends on my mood if I use it or not. i'm struggling with it currently myself, having videos uploading low quality, trying to resolve that right now actually
    2421.jpeg?1444092538102
  • Options
    @b1the1change I was using OBS but for some reason I was having difficulties. It kept recording a black screen :\
  • Options
    @b1the1change I was using OBS but for some reason I was having difficulties. It kept recording a black screen :\

It's fairly difficult to get it set up correctly. I had the black screen for a while but I messed around with the settings for a while and managed to get it working.
  • Options
    Hi, @BeyondTime89! Here are the rules we finally decided on, as summarized by Sabmic:

The family is here http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/28B0F2FA422211E58433E9244F74724B?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=#simtubers&max=50&maxis=false I used the tag simtubers instead of simtuber because there is more than one of us.
    I accidentally messed up sharing the family, as I usually do, so there are two copies but this link takes you to the right one. If you're in-game and don't know which to choose the right one is the one where the dude IS WEARING the watch.

Summary: There is one child, two young adults, and an adult. Each character has something about them that carries out throughout all outfits and can be used as a central/talking/defining piece for them. For one character this "defining piece" is sometimes hidden because this thing *cough jewellery cough cough* does not translate well with all of the clothes that I have chosen.

Rules: You can change things that can be easily changed within the game. See clothing, make-up, hairstyles, though for LP continuity purposes (and for those of you who usually don't play with other people's creations) it might be best to leave the sims as they are, especially so you can try something new. With that being said, if the story you choose for one of the characters is a previously homeless man who has found a home and this character is wearing an expensive watch or something to that effect it might be smart to change their outfit. Body types can be changed as well but only through natural working out through gameplay and only if that's part of your character's story.

The aspirations can be changed as many times as you like and to whatever you like to reflect the characters/stories you'd like to play. Their personality traits cannot be changed.

Lastly, you may add one more person into your household, any age group, through CAS. This is so that you can add your own personal touch into the group and also to incorporate any traits that you'd like to add in that you think might be missing. NOTE: Any sims randomly generated into the household or moved in for story purpose do not count as the added sim. For example, if a sim becomes pregnant/adopts then that new sim does not count as your additional person. If your sim gets married/is in a serious relationship and moves the other person in for story purposes that also does not count as your additional person.

HOUSING

For the person that's building their house please keep in mind the life stages (child, young adultx2, adult) also add in a room that could be used by anyone child through elder, so that there's somewhere for that additional character to stay. In short this house must be able to sustain 4-5 people, so keep that in mind when adding bathrooms and appliances/electronics as well.

If I'm missing anything please let me know.
  • Options

It's fairly difficult to get it set up correctly. I had the black screen for a while but I messed around with the settings for a while and managed to get it working.

Well I had it working well, and it was doing fine. But then all of a sudden it just decided to be a jerk
  • Options
    sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    Sorry for disappearing guys but I'm happy to have helped start something that y'all are continuing, with the news coming up about maxis and TS im less and less inclined to play the games which is why ive not been on the forums
  • Options
    sabmic wrote: »
    Sorry for disappearing guys but I'm happy to have helped start something that y'all are continuing, with the news coming up about maxis and TS im less and less inclined to play the games which is why ive not been on the forums

What news?
  • Options
    sabmic wrote: »

What news?

I found a link on twitter to an article (can't remember it now) about how TS4 was actually supposed to be with the online multiplayer mode, there was another goal oriented mode (kinda like what we have with GTW), and then a tacked on free-play (which was supposed to be the sandbox game we all come back to pay for) and that mode was going to be so underdeveloped it's not even funny. So i basically just realized that this game 1. shouldn't have ever been titled with just a sims title and also it was made to be a pc-version of a mobile game that was a single sim experience. Also Rachel Franklin was promoted to oversee all of Maxis.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh that, yeah that's been floating around for a while. They changed the direction of the game because they were running out of time I heard. But honestly, I kinda like Sims 4 I like it a lot better than 3 and I don't even pay attention to the "goals" half the time. I play how I want and I feel like doing the goals I do them. Just because they layout a game a certain way doesn't mean you have to play that way. :3
  • Options
    Oh that, yeah that's been floating around for a while. They changed the direction of the game because they were running out of time I heard. But honestly, I kinda like Sims 4 I like it a lot better than 3 and I don't even pay attention to the "goals" half the time. I play how I want and I feel like doing the goals I do them. Just because they layout a game a certain way doesn't mean you have to play that way. :3

Yeah I see what you mean. Idk the whole focus with devs and such seem to be moving away from the "sandbox play your way here's stuff from the real world you can do that with" that the past 3 iterations had to "play 1 of 5 ways", which, if you look at it your way you can still find elements of how you want to play within it and curve your expectations, but I'm just generally super busy so if a game doesn't turn out to be what's promised or what I thought I had payed for I don't have the time to waste to play it, which is where they dropped the ball. If I need to reach/change how I do things to play your sandbox game I just won't play, which is the opposite of what you want as a game-making company.
  • Options
    @sabmic I can understand your frustration. I guess I never really noticed them "forcing you to play how THEY want" because, regardless of how a gaming company "labels" their game (be it sandbox, adventure, etc.), I've always played how I wanted. But the game is still fairly new so only time will tell if it changes, I hope all is well with you regardless :3