Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Youtube group/partner group.

Comments

• Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @BeyondTime89 I don't have a mediafire account, but I have a dropbox. By suggesting we use the gallery, I was suggesting that instead of using my original idea of passing save game files around, we all use the same builds and houses, but play completely separate games. At least, for a first collaboration, I think Sabmic is right--passing save files around could potentially get messy and take a long time between videos. So how to simplify the process, quantify a challenge, and make it worthwhile to watch multiple videos?

What if we used all the same families and builds that we create, and play a version of the Wonder Child? That's only one generation--whoever got their wonder child the farthest the most total aspiration points could be the winner. If we want to be a little evil, we could award points for keeping the aspirations of _other_ players' families as low as possible. >:) That would also make it worthwhile to spend time with each other's families in game. To satisfy builders, we could make it a rule that everyone has to make a video of a build. Personally, I like to make a point of using other people's builds in my games.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Yeah, I agree, it would be much simpler to just exchange things on the gallery. I was just offering that as an example for if we were to pass around the file. And the hastags would make finding each other's builds super simple and quick. I don't do many challenges but I've seen quite a few LPs of them. I'd suggest one that's not done as often but still gives a point system. That way it's something a little more unique, but also we'd want one that's, like you said, short. And we can always change the rules up a bit or add points if there are none, as well. That's what I did the one time I did a legacy challenge haha.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    @Sabmic and @SobrinhD, what do you think?
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Hi @sabmic I'm not sure how groups or collabs work, I don't usually use Google+ so I don't know how to use it although I could find my way. I do have a YouTube channel known as GothicSimmer where I do Let's Plays.

Another issue of passing around save files is that the Simmers need to have the same Packs/DLC for compatibility and not everyone has all packs. I do have all packs except the unreleased The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff.

Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Thanks@winmacsims for pointing out that technical issue. So, sounds like file sharing is out.
  • Options
    That's what I figured. Which is unfortunate. But I suppose the gallery is the next best thing :P
  • Options
    Thanks@winmacsims for pointing out that technical issue. So, sounds like file sharing is out.

Possibly. I do have OneDrive but I wonder if the Gallery (like what @ByondTime89 suggested) is another option.
  • Options
    sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    @WinMacSims3 @ByondTime89 @professorlilith along with that too idk if the save files would transfers well through computers, I have a mac and I'm sure most of y'all have windows so idk how that would work

With the idea of us using Newcrest as a whole town collab thing I think I'm following you but I don't get it all. I'd probably need it all written out with rules and goals and such to really understand how this all would work? Like we all download the same families or??
  • Options
    sabmic wrote: »
    @WinMacSims3 @ByondTime89 @professorlilith along with that too idk if the save files would transfers well through computers, I have a mac and I'm sure most of y'all have windows so idk how that would work

With the idea of us using Newcrest as a whole town collab thing I think I'm following you but I don't get it all. I'd probably need it all written out with rules and goals and such to really understand how this all would work? Like we all download the same families or??

Save files can be safely transferred between Windows and Macs provided if they are on the same version, only difference is the directory on Windows vs. OS X although both are probably similar.

Please note that any save containing content from any Expansion Pack, Game Pack, or Stuff Pack may not work unless the account owns the corresponding DLC and are installed on the Mac or PC. This also applies to the Digital Deluxe content and The Sims 3 Rewards although I'm sure most Mac and PC users who have The Sims 3 probably has most or all EPs/SPs.
  • Options
    I think basically, @sabmic, what she was suggesting was all of us (or whoever wanted to) could start like a little collaboration thing where each one of us builds a part of Newcrest. Like each person can build a home or miscellaneous lot and then make a family. Then we all grab everyone's builds and families from the gallery and put it our Newcrest and each do an LP of it.

At first she suggested one person start a file and build a lot and family, play for a bit then zip up the file and pass it to the next person to do the same, and so on. That way it kinda felt like we were playing live together. But I think we established that wouldn't work since we all have different packs going and you have a mac. So the gallery, which was where we left off talking about, seems like our only option. :P

It's a shame didn't make it so we could invite our Origin friends to play with us. Even if we were only allowed on one lot. But we do what we can!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    What about just uploading the household & lot to the gallery after your done playing with it? I really like the idea of picking up where another simmer left off.

The townies likely won't be the same (relationships probably will be different but at least the main family would be intact after each turn).
  • Options
    I'm not sure how much progress saves if you continuously upload your family. I've never really tried it, but I do like the thought of playing "live" as well. I wish we could make it work somehow.
  • Options
    Yes, @BeyondTime89 summarized exactly what I meant.
  • Options
    Well if we are sharing lots and only one household it would be manageable to download from the gallery as we go. I have one no cc game I keep intact for build contests, and I've got a family in all base game clothes. I know that skills are retained when you upload. I'll experiment with relationships tomorrow.we probably should have someone with just base game start, to remind us what interactions and activities are base game only.
  • Options
    What should our hashtags be? #youtubepartnergroup?
  • Options
    SobrinhDSobrinhD Posts: 16 New Member
    > @professorlilith said:
    > So, in terms of doing challenges, maybe we should start simple, like a 3 minute cas challenge or a 3x3 build challenge? Those can be done pretty fast, and we could tag each other. The other thing I was wondering was if we could maybe start a game and pass the save file around--that would mean we couldn't use any cc, of course, maybe even only base game stuff. So if I started, for instance, I could film a 20 minute episode of let's play, then send my save to the next person, and they play with that game for 20 minutes and post their film, and so on.

I am 100% according to your ideas
  • Options
    I tried uploading a family to the gallery a couple of sim days apart. Then I downloaded them both back into the game. The game kept their relationships with each other, her pregnancy, and their jobs intact. They forgot everyone they met in the previous game and lost the screenshots with attached memories.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I tried uploading a family to the gallery a couple of sim days apart. Then I downloaded them both back into the game. The game kept their relationships with each other, her pregnancy, and their jobs intact. They forgot everyone they met in the previous game and lost the screenshots with attached memories.

Yup, I figured as much ^_^ maybe if there's a really special townie we can temporarily add them to the household to keep their relationship going (then evict them once their in the neighborhood).
  • Options
    The hashtag should be something simple and catchy. That way, not only can we easily find each other's stuff but our subscribers/viewers can also find everyone's things as well.

Maybe something like YouTubeSimmers or SimTuber or something I dunno. I can't think about anything creative hahaa
  • Options
    Oooh, I like the idea of including special townies.... And I think #SimTuber is perfect!
  • Options
    AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    Great ideas! I agree with @ByondTime89 that it is a shame that it is not possible to all enter one persons game through origin.

I see why the gallery might be difficult because the relations are not saved within. The problem I see with save files + is the potential of replacing our own files of our own game? Does depend how many saves each of us have. File sharing seems like a good idea it does. Obviously as mentioned above Base game content and No CC I think might make it work. If we trial and error I am sure we can make it work. I.e is it just the the file where it saves that will be transferring or more i.e the Tray folder (what ever that is used for)
  • Options
    Well, @AP_Pepper, I'm willing to try and not worry too much about problems/mistakes. I have completely separate sims 4 files (including trays, saves, everything, not just the saves) because I don't want to risk one degraded save file ruining all my games. So I keep one for my 17th century sims; one for my historical mashup challenges; and one for builds and anything I want to do without cc in the game. So it wouldn't be a big deal for me to create another one. I have a dropbox account that I'm using now because I'm making some cc, so we could use that. Would we need to include trays as well as save files? Maybe we should experiment. In the meantime, there's no reason we can't start with CAS videos of our families or videos of the builds we're going to add for them.
  • Options
    sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    The tag would also need to be something unique as well as easy to remember/catchy, if the tag we choose is already widely used by other users then things might get confusing.

How about to start off we all just download the same family but since we all have our own playstyles and such we can watch how each person's left's play differs. So one person might be playing the family as if they're super perfect and super happy but on the inside they're always fighting and whatnot whereas someone else might choose a storyline where it's a family of spies training their children to be just like them. Seems simple enough to start and we don't need to worry about anyone else's schedules conflicting or worry about CC/passing around files atm.
  • Options
    @sabmic. Ok. How many people want to participate? And I vote for sabmic to upload the family, because she had the idea to start the thread. Also, I checked--no one is using SimTuber (or simtuber) as a hashtag in the gallery.
  • Options
    @professorlilith Oh that's good, that hashtag was kinda growing on me xD and I agree Sabmic can start first.

So to be clear, we're just uploading our family and houses to the gallery, not trying to pass a save file around right!??

Are we going to REupload our families like after we're done playing and they've progressed in skills and such are we reuploading it for everyone to kind of "update" our families in their game?? That might get a little bothersome though, having to redownload like 5+ families for updates. Maybe we could only do it like one a month or something, depending on how long we keep this going. It doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious.

:3