Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Youtube group/partner group.

Comments

• Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I think @sabmic meant 1) no save file sharing 2) we should all start with the same family and play separately to see how different SimTubers play with the sam family. I would like to have each of us upload a family to put in Newcrest, and then we can all play a game with a neighborhood filled with each others families. We can see how the let's plays are different from one YouTuber to another. So that would be slightly different. It would be
    1) no file sharing
    2) everyone puts a base game only, no cc family on the gallery with #SimTuber
    3) we all download each other's families into the game and put them in Newcrest
    4) we don't share the families afterwards, at least not for the first time
    5) everyone posts some Let's plays in their own style.

Then maybe at the end of September we see if we want to continue or quit or change up things
  • Options
    sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    @professorlilith @ByondTime89 @ anyoneelse

Alright so any suggestions for the family before I make them?? Ages that we want different traits we want to see incorporated?

For everyone else:

General idea: We will each download the same family/group (that I'll make) to play and then fill up newcrest with other families and houses that we've created using the tag SimTuber (our group tag). This will be very simple, we will all play the same family but since our stories/playstyles differ there will be something new/different with each let's play.

Anyone who's participating please let us know here and add a link to your youtube page, not the link to a video but the page itself.

What will we name this series?
  • Options
    I'm in (I know, what a surprise :wink:) My channel name is the same as my Origin id, professorlilith. https://youtube.com/channel/UCXTvvT0uwiWLqLLSlZyY9Jw
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    For some reason Play My Way, as a title, jumped out at me. Since we'll all be playing the SAME family, only our own special ways. So, while I might interrupt the Sims' appearance and traits to be one thing someone else might interrupt it something else. I think it's kinda cool :3 That's just my suggestion, I'm sure someone will come up with a better one, writing this out I'm not as fond of it anymore XD I'm indecisive!

Also, I've never played with someone else's Sim before so hah it will be interesting.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    I like @BeyondTime89's title, Play My Way. I'd want the characters to have the same traits and aspirations in each world. But i would probably play an evil or cheerful sim differently than you would. I'd like a range of ages--from child or teen through to adult--and to have some of the less popular traits (gloomy, lazy, hates children) in the mix.
  • Options
    I like having strange traits as well, especially ones that contrast, like outgoing and loner
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    So what has been decided on a group collaboration?

Apologies for not keeping up with thread but I recently started doing Let's Plays on YouTube and it's so time demanding, seriously, haha. But if anyone is willing to sum up what's been brainstormed at this point, I'd love to hear the ideas, and depending on what it is, participate as well. My channel has branched out into a lot more than storytelling in the last month lol...so I'm totally down to do challenges, CAS, speed builds, whatever. (I must disclaim that a project due by a strict deadline might be harder for me to commit to, especially, come October - my baby is due! and I won't be online much at all...)
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    Hi, @Binibini! Best wishes on your baby! Quoting Sabmic: "General idea: We will each download the same family/group (that Sabmic will make) to play and then fill up newcrest with other families and houses that we've created using the tag SimTuber (our group tag). This will be very simple, we will all play the same family but since our stories/playstyles differ there will be something new/different with each let's play.

Anyone who's participating please let us know here and add a link to your youtube page, not the link to a video but the page itself. I suggested we try to have the first videos at least out by the end of September. And we can each do as many or as few as we want, and then we'll decide if we want to make more or do something else or change the rules.

@BeyondTime89 suggested we call the series "Play My Way", which I think is cool. FYI, I appreciated that you jumped on the CAS challenge; I'll try to get to that this weekend. Of course, mine will have some sort of historical spin....
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Hi, @Binibini! Best wishes on your baby! Quoting Sabmic: "General idea: We will each download the same family/group (that Sabmic will make) to play and then fill up newcrest with other families and houses that we've created using the tag SimTuber (our group tag). This will be very simple, we will all play the same family but since our stories/playstyles differ there will be something new/different with each let's play.

Anyone who's participating please let us know here and add a link to your youtube page, not the link to a video but the page itself. I suggested we try to have the first videos at least out by the end of September. And we can each do as many or as few as we want, and then we'll decide if we want to make more or do something else or change the rules.

@BeyondTime89 suggested we call the series "Play My Way", which I think is cool. FYI, I appreciated that you jumped on the CAS challenge; I'll try to get to that this weekend. Of course, mine will have some sort of historical spin....

Sounds doable! This is something I'd be interested in doing. How many simmers have committed at this point?
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    @Binibini I have committed as well as @professorlilith and @byond (I think) Obviously this is super open ended at least for the next little while so anyone can join in at any time and we'll just have to decide when it's time to end the series.
  • Options
    I will be building the group of sims tonight and will put a link to them as well as tag them with our tag. If, upon seeing who's created/the age groups, someone could create a house for them that would be great! Also, if people could link to sims/houses to be used in the blank Newcrest.

• Options
    Thanks, Sabmic!
  • Options
    The family is here http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/28B0F2FA422211E58433E9244F74724B?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=#simtubers&max=50&maxis=false I used the tag simtubers instead of simtuber because there is more than one of us.
    I accidentally messed up sharing the family, as I usually do, so there are two copies but this link takes you to the right one. If you're in-game and don't know which to choose the right one is the one where the dude IS WEARING the watch.

Summary: There is one child, two young adults, and an adult. Each character has something about them that carries out throughout all outfits and can be used as a central/talking/defining piece for them. For one character this "defining piece" is sometimes hidden because this thing *cough jewellery cough cough* does not translate well with all of the clothes that I have chosen.

Rules: You can change things that can be easily changed within the game. See clothing, make-up, hairstyles, though for LP continuity purposes (and for those of you who usually don't play with other people's creations) it might be best to leave the sims as they are, especially so you can try something new. With that being said, if the story you choose for one of the characters is a previously homeless man who has found a home and this character is wearing an expensive watch or something to that effect it might be smart to change their outfit. Body types can be changed as well but only through natural working out through gameplay and only if that's part of your character's story.

The aspirations can be changed as many times as you like and to whatever you like to reflect the characters/stories you'd like to play. Their personality traits cannot be changed.

Lastly, you may add one more person into your household, any age group, through CAS. This is so that you can add your own personal touch into the group and also to incorporate any traits that you'd like to add in that you think might be missing. NOTE: Any sims randomly generated into the household or moved in for story purpose do not count as the added sim. For example, if a sim becomes pregnant/adopts then that new sim does not count as your additional person. If your sim gets married/is in a serious relationship and moves the other person in for story purposes that also does not count as your additional person.

HOUSING

For the person that's building their house please keep in mind the life stages (child, young adultx2, adult) also add in a room that could be used by anyone child through elder, so that there's somewhere for that additional character to stay. In short this house must be able to sustain 4-5 people, so keep that in mind when adding bathrooms and appliances/electronics as well.

If I'm missing anything please let me know.
  • Options
    I'm very excited!
  • Options
    I'm not used to playing more than 1 or 2 Sims xD
  • Options
    @byond you know what they say, there's something new for everyone!
  • Options
    @AP_Pepper and I will be posting our Build Challenge so keep an eye out ;) I plan to make a thread for it, my videos are already up in case anyone wants to check them out on my channel. I thought my upload would take ages so I did it early, it cut my internet out while doing it XD but thankfully it didn't take too long
  • Options
    My sim family is posted, the Ropers, at #simtubers. I'm going to make a build to contribute, as well. Is anyone wanting to do the build for the Hilliard family, the one we'll be following?
  • Options
    How big should it be? Are we doing free real estate? or should I make it move in ready?
  • Options
    @ByondTime89 probably free real estate, it might be too much to ask for starter home with this family size/dynamic?
  • Options
    How many Sims are there? How many rooms were you looking for?
  • Options
    5 sims
  • Options
    There's 4 adult roommates and 1 child
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    Hello all! I was invited to participate so I decided that I am going to :3 thanks for letting me on on this @professorlilith
  • Options
    Great! :D Welcome, @MysticalSimmer! *waves* It should be lots of fun~