Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Youtube group/partner group.

Comments

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I made a group, just let me know if it's a go or not. I was feeling not so creative last night so I just named it. . . "Simmers Connect".

Similar to facebook you can add events, text, polls, link videos and stuff. We could use "events" to schedule times to do collabs and stuff.

prev0_zps3qzvq3jc.png

The group is set as private (so it's just basically a behind the scenes type of thing). If you share the video within the group the text shows up as private so you can get constructive feedback from the group without your viewers having to see.

prev1_zpswhzgpbmm.png

Sooo yeah, if it's a go let me know. I'd have to invite you guys to the group (since it's private).
    Go to my Channel (listed above) and in the About section there is a link to my google+. There you'll see the community. View it and then Ask to Join
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    @Xoxk9 That's pretty cool
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks for doing this, Xoxk!

1.) YouTube Name -professorlilith

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - My videos are all educational history experiments or documentaries using the sim. I do a little building, remodeling, and some let's play style stuff. I also like to turn free will on and just watch my sims go.

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? -For my play style, cc is necessary. I've found people don't understand what I'm doing if the people and builds don't look period appropriate.

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - No, especially if I'm using one of their builds.

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? - Sort of--I've used other people's builds as the base for my documentaries a couple of times.

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) - Usually during normal work hours, but I have flexibility.

7.) What timezone are you in? -Eastern

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which do you have access to? - TS4--and I have all the stuff packs, gamepacks, and the expansion pack.

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) -youtube probably

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) -
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Roll call!

@sabmic
    @Xoxk9
    @thesimsdude45
    @MaggiSimmer
    @AP_Pepper
    @ByondTime89
    @professorlilith

I have already subbed @thesimsdude45 and I'd love to network with the rest of you, as well. So if you're looking for another subscriber to your channel, sub me and I'll sub you! Please let me know and I'll be sure to return the favour :)
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Roll call, hi! Present!! *flails* x3 Sure, I shall sub!
  • Options
    sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2015
    These are the categories I have so far and the YouTubers that fit into them. Please find people who match your play style or people who oppose your play style that you can work with (example: builder and decorator) and see if you have the same opinions on CC/games used.

Building: thesimsdude45, ByondTime89, Binibini, professorlilith, MaggiSimmer, SobrinhD

Decorating: professorlilith, twinsimmer, SobrinhD

Educational: professorlilith

Storytelling(Stills/Machinima): Binibini, AP_Pepper

CAS: thesimsdude45, ByondTime89, Binibini, Xoxk9, twinsimmer, AP_Pepper, MaggiSimmer, SobrinhD

Let’s Plays: thesimsdude45, ByondTime89, Binibini (Possibly), Xoxk9, professorlilith, twinsimmer, AP_Pepper, SobrinhD

Reviews: ByondTime89, Xoxk9, twinsimmer, SobrinhD

Highlight Clips: Xoxk9

Overviews: MaggiSimmer

Showcases: MaggiSimmer, TwinSimmer

Play w/ CC: Binibini, professorlilith, MaggiSimmer

Play w/o CC: thesimsdude45, ByondTime89, Xoxk9, twinsimmer, AP_Pepper, SobrinhD

Would be open to changing their stance on CC according to partner’s preference: thesimsdude45, ByondTime89, Binibini, Xoxk9, professorlilith, twinsimmer, AP_Pepper, SobrinhD

Would not be open to changing their stance on CC according to partner’s preference: MaggiSimmer

Can Play S2: -

Can Play S3: ByondTime89, Xoxk9

Can Play S4: thesimsdude45, ByondTime89, Binibini, Xoxk9, professorlilith, 
twinsimmer, AP_Pepper, MaggiSimmer, SobrinhD

Collab Ideas: Build/Furnish, Build/Matching CAS, Open challenges with point systems and a time limit, CAS and then someone else playing that household, Someone CAS with one game and another tries to recreate the sim/household in the CAS of another base game
    Post edited by sabmic on
  • Options
    Roll call, hi! Present!! *flails* x3 Sure, I shall sub!

Subbed :)
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • Options
    @sabmic nice job! Pretty straight forward :)
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • Options
    AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited July 2015
    Here! :)
    1.) YouTube Name - SimplisticHD

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - Just started doing CAS, but I like story telling. and am considering doing LPs

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? -Without is preferred.

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - Aslong as it is not to much

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? -
    Nope.

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) -
    Does depend, it varies.

7.) What timezone are you in? -
    GMT

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which do you have access to? -
    Just Sims 4 for now :)

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) -
    Google + would be easiest for me.

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) -Not really :)
  • Options
    MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    Here!

1.) YouTube Name - MaggiSimmer

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - CAS, builds, overviews, CC showcases

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? - my sims REVOLVE around CC XD

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - yes, I cannot make a CAS without CC :P

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? - yes! CAS and build!

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) - any day except tuesdays from 9-11!

7.) What timezone are you in? - Pacific (west coast USA)

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which do you have access to? - I have TS3 & TS4, I prefer TS4

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) - gmail instant messaging

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) - I am best a decorating over building, and CAS is my biggest strength
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    That's pretty cool

Thanks! I think we're going to stick with the chatzy. It's easier for most.

@Binibini I've subbed. :) GrownUnsexy I think I've subbed to everyone. Let me know otherwise ;)
  • Options
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    That's pretty cool

Thanks! I think we're going to stick with the chatzy. It's easier for most.

@Binibini I've subbed. :) GrownUnsexy I think I've subbed to everyone. Let me know otherwise ;)

Subbing back! :)
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • Options
    The categories were quite nice. I like seeing where everyone stands :3
  • Options
    So I'm putting this here so that hopefully the majority of our people see it. So for the let's players here which I think most of us do if I'm not mistaken, the month of August is coming up so if anyone who knows of challenges can post links to challenge suggestions here. The challenge must be points based. Once we decide on what challenge we'll do we'll put a time limit on it, whether it's a few weeks or a whole month depending on how involved the challenge is. You must record and post the parts to your channel. The person with the most points/who "wins" the challenge will get a shoutout on everyone else's channel.
  • Options
    How will we do it? Are we all (whoever wants to do it) going to do the same challenge? Are we gonna collab it or solo it?
  • Options
    @ByondTime89 so my thought was that everyone does the challenge on their own time/pace (within the time-limit of course) and at the end all participants tally up their scores and whoever gets the highest/best scored pertaining to the particular challenge wins, then they get a shoutout on the youtube's/blogs of everyone else who participated.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @sabmic That sounds like fun! Though what challenge will we do? Perhaps we can throw around a few good ones. I think one that doesn't take an extended period of time might be best. How will we decide when to post? I imagine a good challenge will take multiple videos to complete. I guess we can decide all that when we see just how many want to do it.

Here's a thread that was started that has a lot of different challenges. Whoever wants to participate should choose maybe 2 or 3 challenges they really like and we can work from there?! How's that sound?! :3 Then we can all maybe do a little strawpoll or something with all the choices, and the majority wins?!

So, if you're interested, make a post with 3 of your favorite challenges!
  • Options
    SobrinhDSobrinhD Posts: 16 New Member
    1.) YouTube Name - SobrinhD

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - I like to do anything related to Sims

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? - I play without CC, but I'm open to new experiences

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - As I said above, I'm open to new experiences

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? - No.

6.) Roughly when will you be FREE to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) - I'm on vacations now - so I have all the time -, but during the rest of the year, certainly any time of day at the weekend.

7.) What timezone are you in? - GMT-00.00 (Lisbon, Portugal)

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which do you have access to? - The Sims 4 (now only the base)

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) - Any social media

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) - I have some ideas for my channel, for example with interactions with followers. I never had the game, only played in a few games of my friends. But I decided to buy this month the Sims 4 and as always enjoyed making videos, I thought a good idea to rephrase my YouTube channel and start making videos of The Sims.
  • Options
    So, in terms of doing challenges, maybe we should start simple, like a 3 minute cas challenge or a 3x3 build challenge? Those can be done pretty fast, and we could tag each other. The other thing I was wondering was if we could maybe start a game and pass the save file around--that would mean we couldn't use any cc, of course, maybe even only base game stuff. So if I started, for instance, I could film a 20 minute episode of let's play, then send my save to the next person, and they play with that game for 20 minutes and post their film, and so on.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    That sounds interesting @professorlilith, passing the file around I mean. That could get kinda cool if we all have different families going or something that might be fun. As for the challenges I agree. I think the shorter ones would be best, that way we could throw out more :3

If we do do something together we should definitely have some hashtags going, I think that might be good for getting ourselves out there as well
  • Options
    @beyondtime89 I like the hashtags idea. I'm wondering what would be a good way to set rules for a group story let's play? Would it work just to have each player make one rule of their own choice? I'm trying to avoid a long forum debate about rules. So for me, thinking about what you said about hashtags, I would make a rule that every player has to add and visit at least one build from the gallery--that would at least attract the interest of the people whose builds we use to play. But what do you and the others think? I'm the kind of person who figures out what I think by talking back and forth, so this is only a half thought out idea...
  • Options
    @professorlilith @ByondTime89
    For your question about when to post if we were to do a lp challenge thing, that would be completely up to the player. So say it's a two-week time limit. You could play all week and pump out 50 parts if you want or you could play once and only have 5 parts, as long as it's within the time frame that's fine (The videos must also be posted in that two-week time). At the end of the two-weeks you keep score and tally up how many points you have and the winner gets a shoutout or something on every other participant's videos. What's good is that if anyone has any discrepancies about points we can just go back and watch the videos.

As for CAS and Build challenges my only question is how would we quantify it? If it's just for collab purposes (like we all build an empty shell and then get paired up with someone to trade builds and then furnish them) then that's fine, but we can't call it a challenge if there's no point system since then we cannot say who "won" necessarily.

We could come up with a collab name and then tag things with that name? Maybe?

I don't really get what you mean about sharing game files, but if you're saying what I think you're saying I think the only problem would be availability. If someone doesn't post their video wouldn't that set everyone back?
  • Options
    I agree with @sabmic, a downside to sharing a game file would be if someone forgets to pass it along or takes a bit longer to do what they need to record. Then it sets everyone back, or if they have a super busy schedule suddenly. Though, I suppose if that were to happen to me I'd just pass along and say Hey, I'm swamped at the moment someone take it and I'll pick it up in the next rotation. That could certainly work. And I don't think a schedule would really matter as much since it would be just an LP and those can go on forever.

When you first mentioned it, @professorlilith, I started picturing like, maybe we each build a house and/or specialty lot in Newcrest, since it's fairly blank. And then we all play separate families. I think it would interesting to see how interact our families together. I can just envision my Sim flirting with Travis Scott only to find out a fellow Simmer as already claimed it XD Then it's on! o;< Haha, but it could be quite interesting overall.

A potential drawback could like.. I'm a homebody Sim most of the time, I like to play only my family and level as many skills as I can with aging off. I dunno how many others are like that but I could probably force my Sim to venture our more. And also, would our gamepacks effect the world?? Like if some of us play with packs the others have, it wouldn't mess the world up would it?? And I'd hate to uninstall or reinstall my packs constantly.
  • Options
    @sabmic By sharing save files, I meant going to our electronic arts/sims 4/saves folder and forwarding the latest save files to each other. I agree that CAS and builds are hard to quantify as a challenge. I also think that maybe the issue of waiting between turns is a bigger problem than I originally thought--your question made me think that it wouldn't be fair for some people to participate early and some to have to wait for a long time. @ByondTime89 has a good idea about building Newcrest together. If we each put a house or lot and a family in Newcrest, we could just use the Gallery to download everyone's lots and families and then we could all play with the same town somehow....
  • Options
    I think the only way for that to work is if, at the end of our play sessions we zip the save file up and upload it to MediaFire or something. So that the next person can play it. Then they zip it up and upload it and pass it on. That's the only way I can think of where we'd all be able to play the same town. I could just plop each other creations from the gallery in but without online friend sharing or whatever MediaFire is the only way. Or some other free file sharing site