Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Battle of the Builders Challenge - Please Vote for a Winner! :3

ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
So, @AP_Pepper and myself got together to do a fun little, two part, build challenge and we would like you all to let us know how we did! To do that, you're probably wondering what the rules are. I'll post our videos and how we'd like You to score us first and the rules will follow for anyone interested in doing this challenge for themselves or with friends! Please let us know what you think of our builds and about the challenge! Enjoy~
Here are our videos, the theme we chose was Man Cave! Kind of like a bachelor pad style home!

Our Budgets:
Round 1 - 40k
Round 2 - 20k (we added the remaining funds from round 1, since we were under budget,
to the decorating funds in round 2. But to make this more challenging you could certainly choose not to do that.)
For a Total of - 60k

Here are my Videos:
Round 1 - Exterior Build
Round 2 - Interior Decorating

Here are @AP_Pepper 's videos:
Round 1 - Exterior Build
Round 2 - Interior Decorating

Let us know how we did and be sure to score us!
1-5 for creativity!
1-5 for how well you think our build fits the theme!

:3 After a few days I'll tally everything up and we'll see who won! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * * * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Da Rules:
* You may choose to set a theme for this challenge. It can be style related (Modern, Traditional, etc.) or something to be interrupted (Man Cave, Fantasy, etc.)
* Enter a lot of your choosing on Build Mode for infinite funds at the start of each round
* Each round will have a budget limit, set by you and your partner - Round 1 + Round 2 = Total Limit
* You are not permitted to look at your Lot Info once you have you placed the first wall (in round 1) and first piece of furniture (in round 2)
* Uploading your lot to the gallery will finalize your build (for both rounds) and you CANNOT go back to edit anything, even if you forgot something. This is the only time you're able to see the price of your lot.
* You will receive a -1 point for every $300 you are over budget (ex: if you're over by $700 you receive -2 points)
* You will receive only 1 point for being under budget, no matter the amount
* At the end of the first round you are to swap builds on the gallery and proceed to the second round with your opponent's build

Don't forget to use the hashtags #BattleOfTheBuilders and #BOTB so everyone can see your awesome creations! :3 Also, put r1 or r2 somewhere in the title, in case someone would like to use a random lot for the challenge!

Round 1: Set a Build Budget
* Go into a lot on Build Mode, for infinite funds
* Once the first wall is placed you are not permitted to look at your Lot Info until you finalize your decorating by uploading it to the gallery (Don't forget to use the hashtags #BattleOfTheBuilders and #BOTB and r1somewhere in the title)
* Following the theme you chose, you may create and decorate only the exterior. This includes building the structure (patios, door/window positions, lighting, etc.), landscaping and the interior walls and doors only
* Wall covering and flooring of your choosing (or none if you prefer) are to be placed on the outside of the structure only, no interior wall covering or flooring is allowed (you are, essentially, creating a blank interior canvas for your partner in round 2)
* Furniture is not allowed to be placed in this round, with the exception of lights and outdoor decor such as flower boxes, rocks, etc.

Round 2: Set a Decorating Budget
* Go into a lot on Build Mode, for infinite funds
* Place your partner's lot down, try to use the same lot size they did
* Once the first piece of furniture is placed you are not permitted to look at your Lot Info until you finalize your decorating by uploading it to the gallery (Don't forget to use the hashtags #BattleOfTheBuilders and #BOTB and r2 somewhere in the title)
* You may now place wall coverings and flooring inside the build
* You may not relocate any of the doors or windows set in the build, you may recolor them if you like
* Following the theme you chose, you may decorate with any type of furnishings for the interior
* Only place furnishings outside if there is a set patio area for the build
Scoring:
Were you under budget? If yes, +1 point for each of the 3 categories (Round 1, Round 2, and Total)
Were you over any of the 3 budgets ? If yes, -1 point for $300 over budget for each round.

Optional Scoring, should you choose to show off your builds:
Ask the viewers to give points as well! :3
* A 1-5 for creativity!
* A 1-5 for how well they think your build fit the theme
* And a 1-5 for how well they think your interior fit theme

Gosh, that was a mouthful, huh!? Lemme know if I lost anyone, I'd be happy to clarify any of it for anyone who wants to give this challenge a try for themselves! It was really fun and can be done with friends or by yourself!

Thanks so much for your time; I know that was a lotta reading! We worked hard on this, and do hope you enjoyed it! And if you try this challenge out for yourself be sure to use the hashtag #BattleOfTheBuilders and #BOTB and post pictures or video, we'd love to see them!!
Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
Post edited by ByondTime89 on

Comments