Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 005 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    New YouTube content added! =)
    -McG Family ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChebZBVhTqbE-9ZIedLYT8A
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ahhhh - that was tooo close! My heir ages up in 2 day and I still needed the final promotion from Rowan to finish this challenge. I didn't think skipping one day to go on vacation was going to hurt, but she works so infrequently that we were down to the wire. In fact yesterday was her last day of work before Aubrey's birthday so she HAD to get a promotion.

She went in inspired, well tended, with her painting compelete and worked hard. And still as the clock was ticking down we didn't get that yellow check mark to let us know we could breathe easy. I had no idea what I was going to do if she failed by a sliver. The day ended, no yellow check. BUT she got the Promotion when she arrived back home at the lot! Woohoo!

Now just one more day of playing and we're done. Phew. I'll post here when the chapters are up (there will be two of them).
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @ra3rei Sounds like it was too close for comfort. Congrats on getting that promotion.
  • Options
    @ra3rei Holy Moly THAT was close!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @ra3rei Wow.. what a scary ending! I would have been going crazy with it being that close. Congrats on finishing! You're right in that those last few workdays are so spread out it makes those last promotions tough to get, I remember being worried about them when I played it.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Nearing the end of this one. Just trying to make the days hurry along as I wait for the heir to age up. My main sim is master is of the real and did photography. The secondary sim is a patron of the arts. My house building is still bad but I got that done too.

03-07-17_9-01-52PM_zpsu6nelvo8.png
    03-07-17_7-14-46PM_zpsq1pij1gl.png
  • Options
    @Jestina I think the house looks good! Congrats on finishing the goals! I always end up waiting for the heir to age, too, but it's better than failing the challenge. Good job!
  • Options
    @Jestina You have a lovely house. I've never been good at house building either until this challenge - good at boxes ... houses not so much :smiley: so I googled house and floor plans and used those for inspiration. If you'd like the links let me know.
  • Options
    @Jestina I think the house looks great!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    It's here! I'm still 1 day away from the end, but I can't see how I could fail now....I hope!

Robin and Rowan Part 1 of 3.
    drifter005-1.png

We are going with a photograph theme this generation.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    @Jestina The house looks perfect! I always build houses too small and that looks big enough to be comfortable. - And I Love the way you've partitioned off the garden! Looks so inviting.
  • Options
    @ra3rei Looking great - love the photograph style.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I think my heir spent more time on the weight machine than doing his homework. Time for him to move out on his own now.

03-09-17_9-53-24AM_zpsj6jlqih6.png
    03-09-17_9-54-34AM_zps4ppbxlxm.png
  • Options
    Ahahah @Jestina I should really start buying my sims workout equipment just in case they're interested. My heir spend her free time on the easels. I love that you have a hybrid heir! So jealous!

Part 2 (of 3) Is posted! Wanna meet the kids?
    drifter005-2.png
  • Options
    @Jestina Congrats on completing house 5.

@ra3rei Cute kids
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2017
    @jestina the house looks good. I like seeing the pictures of your sims. I like that you have an alien hybrid heir. I still want an alien baby or hybrid baby too! Never had one.
    Congrats on completing house 5!!
  • Options
    @ra3rei, I love how you tell the story with short captions for each picture. The picture with their first "bed" made me laugh.
    Robin and Rowan are doing well. The kids are so cute! The house looks great!
  • Options
    @Jestina GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 005!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I've been updating rules for City Living & Vampires packs as well as some random wording fixes etc.

WHERE YOU CAN TRAVEL
    *San Myshuno
    -Myshuno Meadows park
    -Any Festival locations the Household Sims are asked to attend
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend or that they host
    *Forgotten Hollow
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend

SOME THINGS NOT ALLOWED
    *Have a playable character be/become a Vampire

GAME SET UP FOR CONTINUING DRIFTERS
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    -Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)

GAME SETUP FOR DRIFTERS DOING THIS AS A STAND ALONE HOUSE CHALLENGE
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from the Gallery
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential or Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
    *If The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household this mini-challenge ends - considered a house challenge fail

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
    *Choose up to three Lot Traits (optional)
    -These can be changed at anytime during game play
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the stunning - er not so stunning - conclusion to my Drifter House Five. Basically waiting around for them to age up and selling paintings. Haha. I built the basement at the very end of the challenge so it never got used, but I had over §100,000 in my house so I figured I might as well give them some workout equiptment and a TV...and a properly sized bathroom.

Robin and Rowan Part 3
    drifter005-3.png
  • Options
    @ra3rei Congrats on completing house 5 and your house looks great.
  • Options
    @ra3rei waiting for the heir to age up can be boring, but your chapter is fun.
    I love the picture of Phoenix on the monkey bars. Great picture!
    Aubrey looks pretty!
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Here's the stunning - er not so stunning - conclusion to my Drifter House Five. Basically waiting around for them to age up and selling paintings. Haha. I built the basement at the very end of the challenge so it never got used, but I had over §100,000 in my house so I figured I might as well give them some workout equiptment and a TV...and a properly sized bathroom.
    Awesome job!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    I think this is the house I got to when I last tried this challenge before my computer died. I can't remember if I finished it or not. I'm feeling pretty confident now though so I hope I don't have any problems with it. I just put up Part One of this house.

https://driftwoodlegacy.wordpress.com/navigation/house-005/

Also, I've run into the terrible problem of having far too many blogs to read and catch up on now! It's so much fun reading everyone else's challenge!
  • Options
    Also, I've run into the terrible problem of having far too many blogs to read and catch up on now! It's so much fun reading everyone else's challenge!

@TheAmazingLee What a fun problem to have! I love reading everyone's drifter stories, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top