Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 005 - Rules

1333435363739...Next

Comments

• Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I play blind, too. So the fact that I just finished playing house 9 last night meant I was finally able to look at the 10 rules. And I'll be able to catch up on blogs for 10, etc. and the forums. so much to do!
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @IllusoryThrall Don't you just love it when you make it to the next one and FINALLY get to see the rules! I'm impressed that we've all managed to not peek for so long & been so great about not spoiling it for others!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited August 2019
    @alliemac and @IllusoryThrall, I peeked when I first started playing but after that I didn't look again so I forgot the details. The next house is still going to be a surprise for me. I'll read the story of the other drifters when i reach that house
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @AllieMac @IllusoryThrall @illusie I didn't play blind (too nosy, lol) but I did try to not spoil anything for those who didn't want to know what's next.
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @Illusie I don't read past the house I'm on either. Getting to read everything is like a bonus reward for finishing the house. :)

@Karise And we appreciate it greatly!!!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @alliemac I see reading the chapters of the other simmers as a nice reward for fnishing a house as well
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    haha! And I thought I was the only one who didn't read past the house I'm on! Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @mojot89 There are actually quite a few Drifters who do not look ahead! I did a monthly launch for 2 years to get the full challenge posted...there were at least a few Drifters who were following along as they were launching!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Rules have been completely re-posted and are updated through Realm Of Magic! :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    Looks like it's been a while since anyone's been on House 5.

Here is my start, House 5 - Chapter 1

This is Elaine, the heir from House 4...

01-30-20_8-28-06-PM-1.png?resize=1024%2C576

And her roommate/Secondary Sim... Angel Douglas...
    01-30-20_8-28-31-PM-1.png?resize=1024%2C576

I have to admit... I use painting a lot in my game, so it's not that much of a challenge to gain money that way. Good thing for the scavenger hunt!

• Options
    Great chapter. Interesting choice for a roommate! I can see why he doesn't like fishing. I'm looking forward to see what happens next
  • Options
    Thanks, @illusie Angel really does NOT like fishing. He gets a negative moodlet every time. It really is a good thing that it's easy to gain money with painting.

Chapter 2 is up now.

I am trying to decide if I want to bounce between Elaine and Angel as 'narrator' now that we're allowed a Secondary Sim. Do you think it would interesting to see the Caine family Mission through someone else's eyes? I would probably do every other chapter, if I did.

Elias's wife, Julia is NOT nice. She threw them out once after Elaine took a nap on their couch. I chose not to write about her much. LOL.
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl, I think it would be fun if you alternate narrator.
    I like the photographs she took.
    Nice chapter. I didn't realize you can use the MC command center to keep aliens in their disguise.
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl, I think it would be fun if you alternate narrator.
    I like the photographs she took.
    Nice chapter. I didn't realize you can use the MC command center to keep aliens in their disguise.

I kind of started the photo scavenger hunt right away... she's got more in-game because I'm a little ahead playing versus writing. Story of my life.

Re: the narrator, that's kind of what I was thinking. alternate every couple of chapters, something fresh.

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl Great chapters. I love the narrator style and I think your choice of roommate is really interesting for your story line so we get a different perspective. Looking forward to Angel's point of view if you end up writing it.
  • Options
    Thanks @Karise I am really having fun with this challenge!

Chapter 3 is up now. I did switch over to Angel and will probably do him for the next one, too.

This House may be more story-intensive than pics for a while, I accidentally played quite a bit the other day without remember to take pics of anything. Ooops!
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Great update. I love Angel's point of view. Great explanation for the nooboo too. Am really enjoying your story for the challenge.
  • Options
    Thanks @Karise Speaking of nooboos... Chapter 4 is up now.
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on the twins. Love the pic with Leon - he looked as if he really didn't like this man living with his sister, lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Karise wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on the twins. Love the pic with Leon - he looked as if he really didn't like this man living with his sister, lol.

Leon is a typical teen, not liking his big sister's guy friend. And *sigh* even though I had Elaine give him and Fiona both 'keys to the house' neither of them show up to visit. Usually, the sims I give keys to show up all the time.

This makes me 'slightly miffed' that we can't have clubs on the home lots. I use clubs as a way to have family gatherings... holidays, etc. It's just os weird that Fiona and Leon don't come around, even with house keys.

Chapter 5 was up a while ago... I just haven't posted it. And here is Chapter 6, too.

Post edited by chillyzgrrl on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @chillyzgrrl, I loved reading from Angel's perspective. And oh my, nice surprise at the ending op chapter 3.
    I'm jealous of our twins. I had them too but due to a bug in the game they were normal babies.
    Beautiful writing. I like that they fell in love.
    Wow your family is getting big!
    lol that maid does look a bit intimidating.
  • Options
    @chillyzgrrl Congrats on another set of twins and I agree - that maid looks fierce, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top