Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 005 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @mojot89 congrats on completing the scavenger hunt! I like all the pictures you took. The girls are super cute!
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @mojot89 Congrats on completing the treasure hunt. Those glitches you mention - I've had them too so you're not alone :smile:
  • Options
    @Karise Oh good! I'm glad i'm not the only one with unwanted visitors!
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    heey house 005! :D I'm mostly just coming to say hi, I have played just a couple days so I don't have much to report xD I just wanna say...taking care of two sims with no money is hard! and I was lucky enough to start in spring so at least the weather is not giving me trouble :blush:

0vYcHUo.png
    anyway, just dropping a picture of my new MS and his roommate ;) I think @mojot89 fans may recognize him xD He's Gavin from Operation Repopulation,his dad was one of my sims and I knew since then that I wanted to use him in my challenge so...house 005 seems to be the Fairchild house xD

8rjp0tz.png
    GF5WXQh.png
    Uuoe3tx.png
    ZpvkyVR.png
    they had kind of a rough start but I think they're getting a good routine now, a stereo to listen to while painting makes a big difference!

the only thing I'm having trouble so far is meeting some young adult girls xD for some reason, now my game is full of teens and adults
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Hope you find some YA ladies soon. Good Luck
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @SalemSvartulv, both your sims look handsome! I hope you find some YA ladies soon!
    Post edited by illusie on
  • Options
    quick update! )because I really feel like I'm not getting much done for some reason xD I'm really not sure why)
    First of all, thanks for the luck, I think it did a really big change for the boys :D but we'll get to that

@mojot89 Gavin is an amazing roommate and I love having him around :D the goofball trait makes him fun to be around xD he's always having funny or mischievous whims

@illusie they really are handsome! and I mean...really
    B6lr2kh.png
    I took them to the restaurant to meet some more girls (no luck btw xD either adults or married) and 🐸🐸🐸🐸! they both look great in formal wear!
    also, yeah Gavin has eyeliner, I really liked how it looks on him xD
    but, I promised they have some luck with the ladies so...

lAUsTM3.png
    Emmanuel invited Travis to his elder birthday and the boys had time so we went...and then Travis met this lovely girl! her name is Laurel )and again I'm thinking about the Swifts with that xD) she's single, she's pretty, and she totally liked his advances!
    CBEnemu.png
    TvttjJM.png
    cGNkj1U.png
    00zUNaG.png
    we invited her next day and made things official! and boy I'm happy, she's always asking him out or coming to hang out :heart:
    KG0htCg.png
    Also, she's insane xD and I was just laughing so much when I saw her talking to Travis' portrait instead of him xD!

s8u9V84.png
    but Travis wasn't the only one to get some dates~ while he was wooing his girl, Gavin met this lovely lady, Krystal
    kHZzr4P.png
    IisqbYd.png
    they had a Love Day Date and things seem to be working with them, but she's been around a lot less than Laurel... I think it may be because she has twins to care for at home xD yeah, she's a single mother of two boys...I was unsure about keeping up with the relationship but oh well, Gavin seems to really like her and we're going to have two good-sized houses xD also, Travis hates children, (and I love this btw xD) so he's probably just gonna have one, still plenty of space in the family

XHPareg.png
    I'm gonna end this up with a shot of the first house :wink: eventually I plan on making another one like this and move Travis and Laurel there, but we'll need money first!
    also, this was when I stopped playing because Travis got into this weird glitch where he had the Tense moodlet for having low fun...but you can see yourselves that his fun was maxed out xD he was just hungry and dirty

C48EvOG.png
    random thing, anybody else has this thing that when their sims travel back to their house, a couple of random toddlers pop up and then poof? xD because it happens a lot in my game
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Glad to see they found some lovely ladies. I laughed at Laurel talking to the picture instead of Travis.
    Nope, never had that glitch with the toddlers. How strange.
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv, They really look good in formal wear.
    Laurel is cute, I love that picture of her talking to the photograph lol
    Krystal looks good too. Interesting that she is a single mom! I hope dating will keep going well for them.
    How odd about the random toddlers. I haven't had that.
  • Options
    @Karise @illusie thanks! I was getting really worried about the lack of elegible females xD and yeah, I think seeing her talking to the picture seeled the deal :heart: I really enjoyed having an erratic spouse in house 003 so another one is welcome xD
    and the toddler thing really is strange, I wonder if it may be a MCCC problem or something xD oh well, is still funny
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv, I've got MCCC as well. So if you have the latest version just like me then that doesn't seem like the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv I don't have MCCC (messes up my game, sadly) so it's possible. :smile:
  • Options
    @illusie @Karise that's so weird, I guess it could be MCCC having problems with another mod or something xD well, at least is just a funny little detail so really no big deal
    I spent a couple days with no internet so I played quite a lot, and I wanted to give a little update :D lots of things have been happening

5AMpmVk.png
    first of all, two things about this pic xD Travis is tense due to some new GF event during his work shift, I love those new events! ...second, Laurel moved in! she was already always here so it felt logical xD she's level 4 in the astronaut career so her money is helping with the house (and also, Raven is having a baby! she sure is faster than her big brother!)
    Rbe0Rel.png
    And also, while looking through her stats I noticed she aparently is Emmanuel's daughter (our alien friend from house 004) how strange, I don't think he had any kids when we moved him in, and Laurel is just around five days younger than Travis! maybe she's adopted or something xD

jHWSCPM.png
    meanwhile in Gavin's side, Krystal started hanging around the house more often!
    r6H2J6Z.png
    so much that i didn't take long for him to pop up the big question, Krystal said yes!!
    003e692.png
    and when Romance festival came around, they took the chance and married inmediatly!
    y3xaDQ0.png
    JeM6ZEj.png
    while Travis... was not so lucky xD I don't know what happened, but Laurel said no when he tried to propose :/ but they're still in good terms, so I guess I'll try again somewhere down the line
    ayGCV4R.png
    I already have a nice place for the wedding once Laurel feels ready to say yes :wink:

3aqrul5.png
    FyLHhxy.png
    With Krystal moving in came her two sons, first one is Colt and second one is Ian, I really love both of them :heart: and Gavin is really liking the parenthood thing xD
    uVHCNP7.png
    Also, turns out Krystal is an alien (weird thing because her sons are not even hybrids) I checked her alien form, she's purple and really pretty...and when I came out of it she looked diferent xD I don't know what happened but oh well...say hi to the new Krystal xD she's leven 10 on the Charity organizer career, even with it being the least lucrative career in game she's bringing around $6000 a week!
    xY5Otty.png
    iVL9kFs.png
    I think I said before that Travis has the Hates-children trait, but honestly it doesn't show that much! he's pretty cool with the twins, and he even was really happy when Laurel announced they're having a nooboo!
    zCx8SQv.png
    He panicked when the delivery came of course xD but he handled it well! I want to introduce you to our new heiress, little Victoria Chaney!
    5ea1tGX.png
    1srqC9C.png
    Because of his trait, I really didn't make Travis interact with the baby more than necessary. Uncle Gavin helped a lot, and they also decided to hire a nanny to help (honestly, because Laurel is not great with children so I didn't trusted her when the boys go to work x'D is the first time my drifter spouse really can't get right what their kid needs!)
    TZpjF7k.png
    but daddy was there when Tori aged up! she looks a looot like him so far! the Chaney eyes are still in the main line~ (at this point, I'm gonna get really upset when they dissapear xD)

wlQqf4L.png
    aaaand this is getting a little too long, so I'm just gonna end up with an updated shot at the houses! the outside is finished, but I still need to do a lot on the insides and also a little landscaping, but I must say I really liked how they look! I'm kinda proud of myself with this build xD
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Congrats on the weddings and nooboo. Obviously things are progressing well. The houses are really cool. Great idea.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @SalemSvartulv I love how you are doing the houses the way you are. That is such a great idea. I just got caught up with your challenge and you seem to be doing nicely.
  • Options
    @Karise thanks! it was kind of a rough start but yes, things are going much better now :D

@Piazzagirl1015 I'm glad you like the houses :D I knew I wanted to do two houses to leave both guys their own space, and I really liked the idea of connecting them to show how close both families are :D

@mojot89 yaaaaay more Swifts!!! I love reading them :D

just leaving a couple funny bits from my game xD

wzcuwA3.png
    Gavin married an alien and now he's having family visits xD I still love when sims get abducted

jyFY2jX.png
    RSw30v6.png
    also, this happened just as the boys were off to work :tired_face: the dryer caught fire and our maid died, at least it was her and not one of my sims, but I had to make Travis lueave work early to put out the fire :/ also, Grimm came for the maid and then he panicked and ran outside with the girls xD

EJzo2I9.png
    at least now Victoria has her own ghost dance teacher xD

6a150tt.png
    and I always find funny how everybody always seems to congregate where toddlers are sleeping :3 is kinda cute

• Options
    @SalemSvartulv Haha - that's so funny that Grim ran outside because of the fire as well. You'd think he'd be immune. :smiley:
  • Options
    @mojot89 Congrats on the promotion, birthdays and the masterpiece challenge. :smile: Looks like everything's on track for you and going well.
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Thanks! I'm enjoying your updates too!

@Karise Thanks! It's looking good on completing house 5!
  • Options
    @mojot89 Wow! The competition is amazing. Hope you manage to achieve all the goals.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top