Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 005 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @illusie Congrats on completing house 5 and good luck with house 6. The house looks amazing.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Karise, thank you! I forgot to post my inspiration picture. I have added it now.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @illusie Amazing house! Congrats on finishing. :smiley:
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @illusie The house is gorgeous! I can't see the inspiration pic :( It's just a black x.
  • Options
    @rawla and @misfit091376 thank you!
    I have now changed the inspiration picture. I hope it works now.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    I have completed house 5!! All chapter are ready. Only 18 chapters this time.
    As promissed to @Vihisha a sneek peak of the house. I told you it was huge, now can you see for yourself.
    I LOVE it!! The fencing around the whole thing really makes it feel upscale yanno?! & the park bench bits etc. out front really tie that lot into its surroundings!
    Can't c the inspiration pic (just so u know) I saw your previous notes about changing it etc. but I just wanted u 2 know it's not viewable atm
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Aw thanks @Vihisha! Since the inspiration picture isn't working, I'll just remove it.
  • Options
    Just had a mild panic for my family. Finn aged to teen and he now has a baby brother, Fabian who's just become a toddler. As I have that "feminine voice for boys" bug - and to change clothes I went into manage worlds to make the changes only when I tried to load into the lot again the game kept crashing! Luckily I was able to move them out and in again so I've done a new save and fingers crossed everything's okay going forward.

Evangeline and Marcus are both level 9 in their careers. Eva's a level 10 painter and Marcus isn't far behind. Eva's also half-way through level 4 photography with the treasure hunt done. House value is 101k so I really, really didn't want to have to start over. Again.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Karise I would have panicked 2!! I'm so glad it's ok & u can just keep going...whew!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    Just had a mild panic for my family. Finn aged to teen and he now has a baby brother, Fabian who's just become a toddler. As I have that "feminine voice for boys" bug - and to change clothes I went into manage worlds to make the changes only when I tried to load into the lot again the game kept crashing! Luckily I was able to move them out and in again so I've done a new save and fingers crossed everything's okay going forward.

Evangeline and Marcus are both level 9 in their careers. Eva's a level 10 painter and Marcus isn't far behind. Eva's also half-way through level 4 photography with the treasure hunt done. House value is 101k so I really, really didn't want to have to start over. Again.

Oh wow! I would have been freaking out too! The other day I exited CAS and it was several hours earlier in the day. It was very strange.
  • Options
    @Vihisha @Rainydayz179 There are definitely some very strange bugs and weird goings on with the game recently ... for quite a few of us by the sound of things.
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Karise oh wow that would have been scary, especially with how close you were to finishing! Of the houses I've tried, I thought 5 was the hardest to get through (although 6 is looking like it might pass 5 up for difficulty factor) .. but being so close and almost losing a save would be terrifying!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall Yep, I was a bit concerned but it seems to be okay now. I am getting irritated with the parents this time around. They are constantly contradicting each other with the toddler! He needs to be fed so I make one put him in the high chair but the other will take him out or I'm trying to get one to take him downstairs and the other's trying to take up back up! Aargh! Oh, and then the teen wants to potty train him when he has a full bladder. Poor kid probably doesn't know if he's coming or going. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Karise - I'm glad things are looking up for your challenge. Your sims are playing tug of war with the toddler, huh? I've noticed stuff like this in my other drifter save.. I'm just glad I don't have a toddler yet in this house. I'm up to almost 60k value.. and it still feels like it's barely moving. I do have the footprint of the house set up, and a general idea of what will go where.. but other than that, it's still very much a blank slate. Just the bare minimums to live well.. and a house shell. Hopefully things start picking up now that jobs are getting a bit higher and the garden is putting out dragon fruit... at least, that's the plan. I'm still pretty worried about not getting things done in time! (but then, I always am on these drifter houses.. this challenge really keeps you on your toes!)
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall I know what you mean. I didn't quite make it first time around. My heir aged up before the parents had got to the top of their respective careers and then I somehow managed to save over my "drifter" save so this is 3rd time around this time. I say this time because I've actually been up to house 11 before my game got so glitchy and buggy it was better to clear out ALL saves from ALL games and start again.
  • Options
    I am getting irritated with the parents this time around. They are constantly contradicting each other with the toddler! He needs to be fed so I make one put him in the high chair but the other will take him out or I'm trying to get one to take him downstairs and the other's trying to take up back up! Aargh! Oh, and then the teen wants to potty train him when he has a full bladder. Poor kid probably doesn't know if he's coming or going. :smiley:

I'm having the same problems with toddlers. For one I quit using the high chair altogether because of what you mentioned. What I do is open the fridge with the controllable sim and drag a plate of food into their inventory then have them give food to toddler and then drag whatever is left back into the fridge. The toddler will sit and eat anywhere so it's nice when they wake up super hungry because I can have them fed right there in bed.

I haven't seen the upstairs downstairs thing yet cuz I've only had one two-story house since they were released. As to the potty training thing there's this "check toddler" interaction that all family and caregivers have. It appears to be broken because almost every time my toddlers will say they have to potty even if they don't need to and they're already trained! In Drifter it's especially annoying because the uncontrollable sims keep doing it constantly! I hope they get it fixed soon but I doubt it's high on their list of bugs.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 thanks for the tip. I shall delete the high chair and try your method. I know that toddlers can take food down from counters so I'll try leaving food there too.
  • Options
    @Karise - All the way to house 11 and you had to start over?!? How awful! I can't imagine getting that far only to have to start over! I wish you FAR better luck this time around. Hopefully your game behaves!
  • Options

That would have been scary! Sounds like you're doing really well, I sure wouldn't have wanted to lose that!
  • Options
    Well if my sims keep randomly coming home a few hours after leaving for work I'm totally going to fail this house! I went through all the trouble of making sure the baby was born early in the morning and she hired a nanny before leaving for work. Right after the nanny got there she showed up at home and it said she was done with work for the day! :'(
  • Options
    @karise, that must have been scary!

@Rainydayz179, oh no! That is a horrible glitch!
  • Options
    Well if my sims keep randomly coming home a few hours after leaving for work I'm totally going to fail this house! I went through all the trouble of making sure the baby was born early in the morning and she hired a nanny before leaving for work. Right after the nanny got there she showed up at home and it said she was done with work for the day! :'(

Oh no :(
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @illusie It was but everything seems to be okay now. In fact all goals have been met so I'm just waiting for Finn to age up. 5 days to go. :smile:

@Rainydayz179 Oh no that's awful. Maybe try letting the game send the baby to daycare instead of hiring a nanny? My toddler went off to daycare one day with no problems. The other days one or other of the parents happened to be home anyway.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Aww that stinks. I hate it when they do that!

I don't remember having this happen before this house. It's happened twice in one week now both with the same sim.
    @Rainydayz179 Oh no that's awful. Maybe try letting the game send the baby to daycare instead of hiring a nanny? My toddler went off to daycare one day with no problems. The other days one or other of the parents happened to be home anyway.

Unfortunately I rarely marry my drifting partners to each other so there were 2 uncontrollable sims at home, I hired a nanny in case they didn't take care of it. This has happened before so I have no idea what's going on. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top