Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    So... I'm not even sure what to say about this one.

9.39 The Chair

EEpcYzT.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh Carly... You think that was bad? Imagine dating a Rosebrook :joy:

Okay seriously though, this was a sad one :( I'm not even a very strong shipper of these guys and even I felt sad! I 100% understand Carly's feelings on this. But I hope she is able to rethink and give Ralph another chance.

Like with Louis and Vito, I'm sure it will take some time... But I am hoping this gets resolved, and that Ralph learned a very valuable lesson!

On a lighter note, I was happy to see Sera in this one! But I'm still waiting impatiently for her to be a bigger focus again :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Sorry @Sterretjeee !

I was actually thinking just today that this is not a very good generation for ships haha! I mean so far, the potential couplings we've had were:

Sera and Antoine
    Louis and Vito
    Sera and Ralph
    Hallie and Larobb
    Carly and Ralph

...um... oops?
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Sorry @Sterretjeee !

I was actually thinking just today that this is not a very good generation for ships haha! I mean so far, the potential couplings we've had were:

Sera and Antoine
    Louis and Vito
    Sera and Ralph
    Hallie and Larobb
    Carly and Ralph

...um... oops?

And people accuse ME of sinking ships! You have sunk way more than I have, in this generation alone! :lol::joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Oh Carly... You think that was bad? Imagine dating a Rosebrook :joy:

Okay seriously though, this was a sad one :( I'm not even a very strong shipper of these guys and even I felt sad! I 100% understand Carly's feelings on this. But I hope she is able to rethink and give Ralph another chance.

Like with Louis and Vito, I'm sure it will take some time... But I am hoping this gets resolved, and that Ralph learned a very valuable lesson!

On a lighter note, I was happy to see Sera in this one! But I'm still waiting impatiently for her to be a bigger focus again :tongue:

@CitizenErased14 Hahaha! To be fair while the Rosebrooks like to keep things away from each other, their secrets don't tend to be life threatening.

I also understand why Carly reacted the way she did. But at the same time, I understand why Ralph hid this from her. I guess it was inevitable for this to blow up eventually.

There was a lot of focus on Sera in the teen chapters, so it may be a while till she gets more attention in the YA chapters. But obviously we do need to follow all four heirs to get to the end of this :)
  • Options

Sera and Antoine
    Louis and Vito
    Sera and Ralph
    Hallie and Larobb
    Carly and Ralph

...um... oops?

And people accuse ME of sinking ships! You have sunk way more than I have, in this generation alone! :lol::joy:

Lol! I guess the moral of the story is that this isn't a story about ships (and also, that I would make a terrible sailor :D )
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    WOAH. That was really unexpected! And it ended so fast?! What is happening to all my ships?! AHHHHH.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Yikes!! That was indeed unexpected!! Say goodbye to Ralottie, folks. It's over.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    I'm with Ralph on this. Carly is over exaggerating. She should just realise that he was trying to protect her. He is doing a good thing, but she's acting like he's a secret crime boss, when he is actually a secret agent-a good guy. She needs to realise that he didn't tell her for her own protection, and that he didn't do anything wrong.
  • Options
    ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, Carly did wanted Ralph and her to stop having secrets between them when they got engaged. He's the one who said no. Carly trust him to stay out of trouble, and he went ahead and do the opposite and keeps distracting her whenever she tried to pry.

I don't think Carly broke up with Ralph because she thought he's being a criminal, but because he misuse that trust, and she doesn't want a future as a couple where that keeps happening (even though he said he'd stopped).

I'm not happy at all with that break up, but I'm siding with Carly. I don't think a huge romantic gesture can save this one either.

Anyway. I'm excited to see more of Sera and Yenn interacting, if that is what happening next!
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I feel bad for Ralph, but Carly really has a point. How will you share your life with someone you can't trust? :(
    It was sad though...
  • Options
    WOAH. That was really unexpected! And it ended so fast?! What is happening to all my ships?! AHHHHH.
    Yikes!! That was indeed unexpected!! Say goodbye to Ralottie, folks. It's over.
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Nooooooo, not ralottie :( *cries*

@iheartdinosx3 @Simslover163 @Julyvee94 Just for the record, this breaks my heart too. I loved the idea of Carly and Ralph together long before anyone else did, from the moment I first saw them interact in that classroom :(
    I'm with Ralph on this. Carly is over exaggerating. She should just realise that he was trying to protect her. He is doing a good thing, but she's acting like he's a secret crime boss, when he is actually a secret agent-a good guy. She needs to realise that he didn't tell her for her own protection, and that he didn't do anything wrong.
    Well, Carly did wanted Ralph and her to stop having secrets between them when they got engaged. He's the one who said no. Carly trust him to stay out of trouble, and he went ahead and do the opposite and keeps distracting her whenever she tried to pry.

I don't think Carly broke up with Ralph because she thought he's being a criminal, but because he misuse that trust, and she doesn't want a future as a couple where that keeps happening (even though he said he'd stopped).

I'm not happy at all with that break up, but I'm siding with Carly. I don't think a huge romantic gesture can save this one either.

Anyway. I'm excited to see more of Sera and Yenn interacting, if that is what happening next!

@LunarMoon88 & @ScalesofGrey I actually really loved both of these comments, because I agree with both of them. I understand why Ralph didn't tell Carly, and I equally understand why she feels like she can't trust him anymore now. I adore both of them and loved them together, but if I staid true to their personalities, which I wanted to, they were bound to have problems. I don't know if they're too different to make it work or not yet :/
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I feel bad for Ralph, but Carly really has a point. How will you share your life with someone you can't trust? :(
    It was sad though...

@anaitapeva Definitely! You can't exactly be an equal partner to somebody if you tell them everything and they hold so many important things back. You'd always end up wondering if they're telling you the truth.
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh no... Why?! :'( But well it happened... I don't want judge Carly, but I think she's not right and I hope she'll understand it earlier or later. I'm very upset now :(
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    :'( what? I hope once Carly calms down her and Ralph can have another chat and sort things out. I really love them as a couple.
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    I stand with Carly on this one. Trust is incredibly important, and he lied to her multiple times. He already had several chances.

Also, I loooove that this is more about story than ships, really. I'm glad that there are ups and downs and relationships (of all kinds, including friendships) that don't last. I love that the characters have lives and feelings outside of the feelings they have for one person in their lives. I'm glad that Hallie isn't involved in a romantic partnership at all!! IT IS SO REFRESHING, HONESTLY. And I support Hallie's orientation one hundred and fifty percent. I hope she finds ways to be truly happy and that the culture around her begins to shift, and that people stop pressuring her.
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    Oh no... Why?! :'( But well it happened... I don't want judge Carly, but I think she's not right and I hope she'll understand it earlier or later. I'm very upset now :(
    xbecky685x wrote: »
    :'( what? I hope once Carly calms down her and Ralph can have another chat and sort things out. I really love them as a couple.

@roseinblack69 & @xbecky685x Sorry to upset you guys! :( I also love them, both as a couple and as individuals. That doesn't mean I can just ignore the differences they have.

I don't really think Carly is wrong - imagine if someone you were about to get married to had a huge, potentially life-threatening secret, and every time you gave them a chance to admit it, they'd lie to your face, without you being able to tell they're lying. That's pretty scary. If she can't tell when he's lying, how can she take his promises seriously - even though he probably is serious?

Ralph is one of my favourite sims, and he without a shadow of a doubt loves Carly. And she loves him too - feelings don't just disappear in the blink of an eye. Trust, however, can vanish just like that if something like this happens. It's pretty plummy, of course, since trust takes years to build and can be lost very quickly, while feelings can flood in irrationally without too much of a foundation, and then they can take ages to shake.

In any case, I can't say what will happen for them either way. We just don't know yet. I just know that based on their personalities and different outlooks, they were bound to have problems. The rest is still unwritten :)
    OhRenSims wrote: »
    I stand with Carly on this one. Trust is incredibly important, and he lied to her multiple times. He already had several chances.

Also, I loooove that this is more about story than ships, really. I'm glad that there are ups and downs and relationships (of all kinds, including friendships) that don't last. I love that the characters have lives and feelings outside of the feelings they have for one person in their lives. I'm glad that Hallie isn't involved in a romantic partnership at all!! IT IS SO REFRESHING, HONESTLY. And I support Hallie's orientation one hundred and fifty percent. I hope she finds ways to be truly happy and that the culture around her begins to shift, and that people stop pressuring her.

@OhRenSims You caught up!

Thank you! I loved reading all of your comments while you were catching up :)

Yeah, this story is more about how people's personalities affect their dynamics and decisions, and where those decisions take them. With Hallie, her arc is partially a result of how she acts in game (she genuinely doesn't seem to be interested in romance and always turns down those who attempt it with her, no matter how good their friendship bar is), and partially my response to the shipping "craze" that seems to have hit the simlit community :)

Don't get me wrong, I do love a good romance. I'm sure anybody that's read the story since the beginning would know that :) I just don't want to do all day every day romance only, just for the sake of romance. I need a breather every so often. That's why during Liv's generation, there was so much of a focus on friendship, for example, even though there were some elements of romance in there too.

There is hope for these "ships" of course, but I'll only reunite them if it does seem to flow in that direction organically. Same reason why Cassiel and Astrid never really got a happy ending. Not because I disliked them, I just couldn't really find a way to give them one naturally.

I will however attempt to give my heirs some form of a resolution, and as happy of an ending as they'll let me create for them. This will definitely be the longest generation yet!

Thanks for again for reading! :)
  • Options
    Hmmm... I wouldn't call it a lie... :/ In fact, Ralph didn't do anything wrong, except that he tried to protect her and the whole Newcrest from evil, he didn't cheat on her. He kept his work in secret, but he didn't lie. I support Ralph. He said the truth Carly, so why she can't believe in him? If I would be Carly I would try to look at this situation otherwise. But we all are different ;) I just hope they'll make it up. It's not worth to destroy the life only because Ralph didn't want to make Carly worry.
  • Options
    Hmmm... I wouldn't call it a lie... :/ In fact, Ralph didn't do anything wrong, except that he tried to protect her and the whole Newcrest from evil, he didn't cheat on her. He kept his work in secret, but he didn't lie. I support Ralph. He said the truth Carly, so why she can't believe in him? If I would be Carly I would try to look at this situation otherwise. But we all are different ;) I just hope they'll make it up. It's not worth to destroy the life only because Ralph didn't want to make Carly worry.

Weell, he only told her the truth once it became apparent she already knew everything; it's not like he had much of a choice at the point :D He also did repeatedly promise he wasn't doing anything dangerous.

I'm not saying Ralph is a bad person. Or that I don't understand why he kept his mission a secret; he obviously - rightly - assumed that Carly would freak out if she found out what he was up to. Besides it was most likely a one-off thing to get some extra cash to get sort out the engagement ring and the honeymoon. I will say that those two things (i.e. things that would make Carly happy) were Ralph's motivation much more so than saving Newcrest. He got so swept away in organising the grand gestures that he forgot what matters day to day. That's what happens when you have a childish and romantic sim like Ralph :)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Weell, he only told her the truth once it became apparent she already knew everything; it's not like he had much of a choice at the point :D He also did repeatedly promise he wasn't doing anything dangerous.

I'm not saying Ralph is a bad person. Or that I don't understand why he kept his mission a secret; he obviously - rightly - assumed that Carly would freak out if she found out what he was up to. Besides it was most likely a one-off thing to get some extra cash to get sort out the engagement ring and the honeymoon. I will say that those two things (i.e. things that would make Carly happy) were Ralph's motivation much more so than saving Newcrest. He got so swept away in organising the grand gestures that he forgot what matters day to day. That's what happens when you have a childish and romantic sim like Ralph :)

I understand all you said :) Yes, that's true, Ralph loves Carly so much that he can risk his life for her. I think it's a rare thing especially when we know that mostly people are very selfish and they care only about themselves. Of course, I also understand Carly. She's angry and I would be angry, too. But was worth it to break up with Ralph? :( But as I told before we all are different... I just think Carly did a big mistake breaking up with Ralph :(
    I know it's just a story, but I'm in love with your characters that it makes me upset and I think of them like about my friends or siblings :blush:
    Is Ralph childish and romantic? :) Oh my... It's really rare thing and I find it amazing <3:)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I understand all you said :) Yes, that's true, Ralph loves Carly so much that he can risk his life for her. I think it's a rare thing especially when we know that mostly people are very selfish and they care only about themselves. Of course, I also understand Carly. She's angry and I would be angry, too. But was worth it to break up with Ralph? :( But as I told before we all are different... I just think Carly did a big mistake breaking up with Ralph :(
    I know it's just a story, but I'm in love with your characters that it makes me upset and I think of them like about my friends or siblings :blush:
    Is Ralph childish and romantic? :) Oh my... It's really rare thing and I find it amazing <3:)

Aww :) I'm glad you like the characters so much :)

I think Carly and Ralph's main source of conflict is the fact that Carly likes to play by the book while Ralph... Not so much. And in her eyes he's risking everything for something she never asked him to do for her in the first place.

It would have been a different situation if he talked to her and said Newcrest was under a serious threat, so he wanted to help. But I don't think he particularly appreciated that angle, or what a risky mission it was in the first place. It was basically a means to an end for him, with the added bonus of doing something good for the city.

Carly wants somebody dependable who won't do things recklessly. Which to be fair, has never been how Ralph rolls. After such a long time with him, she should know that. But I guess this time he's taken it that one step further and made her realise they might just not be compatible, in spite of being in love.

They might be able to find a way back to each other, but only if they start seeing each other's perspective.
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options

Aww :) I'm glad you like the characters so much :)

I think Carly and Ralph's main source of conflict is the fact that Carly likes to play by the book while Ralph... Not so much. And in her eyes he's risking everything for something she never asked him to do for her in the first place.

It would have been a different situation if he talked to her and said Newcrest was under a serious threat, so he wanted to help. But I don't think he particularly appreciated that angle, or what a risky mission it was in the first place. It was basically a means to an end for him, with the added bonus of doing something good for the city.

Carly wants somebody dependable who won't do things recklessly. Which to be fair, has never been how Ralph rolls. After such a long time with him, she should know that. But I guess this time he's taken it that one step further and made her realise they might just not be compatible, in spite of being in love.

They might be able to find a way back to each other, but only if they start seeing each other's perspective.

I totally agree with you, @ThePlumbob :) I just know one thing - if they really love each other, they'll withstand all challenges and will stay together. It's very hard, you have to be very strong and believe in yourself and in your love. Let's hope they will be able to do that.
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    *sigh* I love the Bloomers.
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    Hallie closes the festival and makes a new friend...

9.40 Fixed

4Rm7XdY.jpg