Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm not sure I understand autonomy

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    then is a problem in your game because in the option you have a option to tone down the AI to disable or set the level of autonomous.
    aging-options.jpg?w=620
    if we have a option to choose the level of autonomous then this means which they give from the worst to the best.

That's not autonomy you're showing. It's aging. Very different.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    then is a problem in your game because in the option you have a option to tone down the AI to disable or set the level of autonomous.
    aging-options.jpg?w=620
    if we have a option to choose the level of autonomous then this means which they give from the worst to the best.

That's not autonomy you're showing. It's aging. Very different.
    that is not my option my game is uninstaled i get a screen from the site what i was showing is which we have a option to set autonomous level,

in sims 3 you have a slide for it to set how much "smart you want your sims".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Kristoff BjorgmanKristoff Bjorgman Posts: 284 Member
    > @Ellessarr said:
    > kremesch73 wrote: »
    >
    > Ellessarr wrote: »
    >
    > then is a problem in your game because in the option you have a option to tone down the AI to disable or set the level of autonomous.
    >
    > if we have a option to choose the level of autonomous then this means which they give from the worst to the best.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's not autonomy you're showing. It's aging. Very different.
    >
    >
    >
    > that is not my option my game is uninstaled i get a screen from the site what i was showing is which we have a option to set autonomous level,
    >
    > in sims 3 you have a slide for it to set how much "smart you want your sims".

You don't in The Sims 4. So you are saying "we have an option" that we actually do not.
  • Options
    that is not my option my game is uninstaled i get a screen from the site what i was showing is which we have a option to set autonomous level,

You're talking about S3? In S4, we only have Full Autonomy, Off, and Disabled for Selected Sim. These are not ways to control the level of autonomy. They only either turn it off or on. That's all we have.
  • Options
    > @Ellessarr said:
    > kremesch73 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > then is a problem in your game because in the option you have a option to tone down the AI to disable or set the level of autonomous.
    >
    > if we have a option to choose the level of autonomous then this means which they give from the worst to the best.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's not autonomy you're showing. It's aging. Very different.
    >
    >
    >
    > that is not my option my game is uninstaled i get a screen from the site what i was showing is which we have a option to set autonomous level,
    >
    > in sims 3 you have a slide for it to set how much "smart you want your sims".

You don't in The Sims 4. So you are saying "we have an option" that we actually do not.

You're talking about S3? In S4, we only have Full Autonomy, Off, and Disabled for Selected Sim. These are not ways to control the level of autonomy. They only either turn it off or on. That's all we have.
    omg again "lack of options" the game of "no options" >.>, really how much cheap this game really was?????, the more i learn more "cheap he become".

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Do people really play with no autonomy? If so, why? I've always played, right from S1, with full autonomy.
  • Options
    > @fullspiral said:
    > Do people really play with no autonomy? If so, why? I've always played, right from S1, with full autonomy.

If I had less than 4 sims, I would. So they would only do want I want. But over 4, it's harder.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    omg again "lack of options" the game of "no options" >.>, really how much cheap this game really was?????, the more i learn more "cheap he become".

S3 had little to no options when it first came out. They were added later due to demand. On the other hand, one would think if they were so demanded and well received that it would be a good idea to continue with what works.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Do people really play with no autonomy? If so, why? I've always played, right from S1, with full autonomy.

Years ago, when S1 first came out. I couldn't play with autonomy on. I guess I had a hard time grasping things at first. I don't think I used it until near the end of its run. Then I wondered why I never used it. It added so much life to the game, and I've never turned it off since—not in S1, or any of the others.

EDIT: I just lied. I did turn it off in S4 just to see what would happen. It lasted less than 10 minutes.
  • Options
    The only time I have ever turned it off was in S3 hunger games when I had to line up the contestants to eat from the jelly bean tree and cue them all up to eat. It's useful in that type of thing, but for regular game play? I don't get it. I like that my sims do what they want. And if the household is bigger, I am glad they look after themselves and tend to their needs.

I guess I just don't see the issues that this thread is saying there is. My sims always go to bed when tired ( and to the correct bed, I might add), and they always get food or use the bathroom or shower.
  • Options
    > @fullspiral said:
    > The only time I have ever turned it off was in S3 hunger games when I had to line up the contestants to eat from the jelly bean tree and cue them all up to eat. It's useful in that type of thing, but for regular game play? I don't get it. I like that my sims do what they want. And if the household is bigger, I am glad they look after themselves and tend to their needs.
    >
    > I guess I just don't see the issues that this thread is saying there is. My sims always go to bed when tired ( and to the correct bed, I might add), and they always get food or use the bathroom or shower.

Mine take care of themselves too. I just neither expect or want them to pay bills, for instance. Or be all green, all of the time. That would take away from the fun, if I switched sims and none needed anything at all. I think it works as designed.
  • Options

S3 had little to no options when it first came out. They were added later due to demand. On the other hand, one would think if they were so demanded and well received that it would be a good idea to continue with what works.

Years ago, when S1 first came out. I couldn't play with autonomy on. I guess I had a hard time grasping things at first. I don't think I used it until near the end of its run. Then I wondered why I never used it. It added so much life to the game, and I've never turned it off since—not in S1, or any of the others.

EDIT: I just lied. I did turn it off in S4 just to see what would happen. It lasted less than 10 minutes.

and just because was added later in sims 3 this means which they must do the same here???, why this is the only game which don't carry things from previous game wehn releasing new versions????
    means which probably sims 5 will be what???, if we remove things from sims 1, remove things from sims 2, remove things from 3, and things will be removed from sims 4 what will be sims 5?????
  • Options
    and just because was added later in sims 3 this means which they must do the same here???, why this is the only game which don't carry things from previous game wehn releasing new versions????
    means which probably sims 5 will be what???, if we remove things from sims 1, remove things from sims 2, remove things from 3, and things will be removed from sims 4 what will be sims 5?????

I wondered the same thing when S3 came out. Then I decided it wasn't worth losing sleep over.
  • Options
    > @fullspiral said:
    > The only time I have ever turned it off was in S3 hunger games when I had to line up the contestants to eat from the jelly bean tree and cue them all up to eat. It's useful in that type of thing, but for regular game play? I don't get it. I like that my sims do what they want. And if the household is bigger, I am glad they look after themselves and tend to their needs.
    >
    > I guess I just don't see the issues that this thread is saying there is. My sims always go to bed when tired ( and to the correct bed, I might add), and they always get food or use the bathroom or shower.

Mine take care of themselves too. I just neither expect or want them to pay bills, for instance. Or be all green, all of the time. That would take away from the fun, if I switched sims and none needed anything at all. I think it works as designed.

Agreed.
  • Options
    > @fullspiral said:
    >

the problem about take care is which is very easy you see sims peeing themselfs, specially if they are making drinks in bars or playing in pc, things which drive then crazy.

another problem in sims 4 is which if a sim is hungry then his bathroom kick he forget about eat and go bathroom he can also in the middle of going to bath forget it and go back to eat, they cancel to easy things when needs kick this normally lead sims to "pee themselfs a lot
  • Options
    > @fullspiral said:
    >

the problem about take care is which is very easy you see sims peeing themselfs, specially if they are making drinks in bars or playing in pc, things which drive then crazy.

another problem in sims 4 is which if a sim is hungry then his bathroom kick he forget about eat and go bathroom he can also in the middle of going to bath forget it and go back to eat, they cancel to easy things when needs kick this normally lead sims to "pee themselfs a lot

I have not had one single autonomous sim pee themselves since September. (That does not include the sims I have locked up)
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I've never actually had a sim pee themself in S4. It happens to me in S2 and 1, but it's never happened in S4. I just don't like them tending to their needs when they don't need to. That's my issue. I don't like it when my sims hop in bed when they're not in the red. It often happens too early in the day. I also don't like it when I see them sitting down to eat when their bladder is red and their hunger hasn't even hit yellow. I think that's the main question being asked here.

I don't think the actual question involves motive failures. I've only ever had one motive failure happen and that was a pregnant sim who came home from the night shift and passed out in the front yard for some Z's. The question is an attempt to understand autonomy in S4 because it doesn't seem to make much sense.
  • Options
    > @fullspiral said:
    >
    > Kristoff Bjorgman wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the problem about take care is which is very easy you see sims peeing themselfs, specially if they are making drinks in bars or playing in pc, things which drive then crazy.
    >
    > another problem in sims 4 is which if a sim is hungry then his bathroom kick he forget about eat and go bathroom he can also in the middle of going to bath forget it and go back to eat, they cancel to easy things when needs kick this normally lead sims to "pee themselfs a lot
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have not had one single autonomous sim pee themselves since September. (That does not include the sims I have locked up)

Me neither. Only in sims I was managing and cancelling actions so they'd keep on doing whatever I wanted them to do.
  • Options
    i had a lot of that, sims peeing a lot and i see a lot of this happening in youtubers, this is really annoying, how they are troublesome to focus in something.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i had a lot of that, sims peeing a lot and i see a lot of this happening in youtubers, this is really annoying, how they are troublesome to focus in something.

It is no worse in this game than it has been in any of the prior ones.
  • Options
    > @Ellessarr said:
    > i had a lot of that, sims peeing a lot and i see a lot of this happening in youtubers, this is really annoying, how they are troublesome to focus in something.

It's funny these bad things only happen to people to whom it's convenient...
  • Options
    edited June 2015

here is worse because lead to "death by embarrasiment to easy, sims get to easy mortified.
  • Options

Motive failures happen in all the sims games. I'm sure if you looked up S1, 2, and 3, you'd also find motive failures. Otherwise, the sims wouldn't have motives for us to tend to.
  • Options

here is worse because lead to "death by embarrasiment to easy, sims get to easy mortified.

it's still not happened in my game. Like I said, not one single autonomous sim has peed themselves.

• Options
    edited June 2015

it's still not happened in my game. Like I said, not one single autonomous sim has peed themselves.

but happened in my game and others others peoples, just because don't happen in your, which everything is perfect.
    Motive failures happen in all the sims games. I'm sure if you looked up S1, 2, and 3, you'd also find motive failures. Otherwise, the sims wouldn't have motives for us to tend to.
    the problem of motive failure is how this happen, here due to the game mechanic sims can fast switch between actions then we can have changes too fast in sims 3 at last when i play, is hard for a sim cancel a action or if they are making food then cancel it to do another things which in sims 4 happen a lot.
  • Options
    quinlynkatequinlynkate Posts: 130 Member
    My sims have peed themselves a couple times when I've forgotten to pay attention to them. Honestly, I don't see it as such a big deal. Sure, it can be annoying when my sims choose to eat when they're about to pee themselves. But I don't really expect sims to perfectly take care of themselves when I'm not micro managing them. I mean that would just be boring. Anyway, autonomous play in TS4 is pretty much how it's always been from my experience. In my opinion it's up to the players to make sure the sims needs are taken care of. Autonomous play is just there to ensure that sims are life like and have personalities