Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    I have a question. I noticed in one of the builds they used the clay statues...when I place the statues they change into something other than the finished project. Anyone know how to fix it so for example I could put the cat statue down and it won't change it to a glop of clay?

@mommataures2 LOL I use those a lot in my own builds So here is the trick that worked for me.
    Let say you want to use the cat playing with wool statue (my fav off course).....When I place it, it also changes....Delete it immediately and replace with same cat. After about 3 tries (can be more or less) the cat will finally stay. Problem solved! <3
  • Options
    Zakeira wrote: »
    @mommataurus2 I learned something from the slideshow today, the clay statues don't stay in the same form you put them in when someone else downloads your build. The statues in the slideshow on the front of my renovation is not the ones I put in originally. I'm hoping rosemow is correct in having a sims create the statues, otherwise, I won't be using them in my builds anymore if they're just going to change to something else when downloaded. It would be a shame if though; I like those statues.

I like those statues too. But EVERY one I put down changes to something else. Except the Eiffel Tower. For some reason that one stays....btw I tried building the Eiffel Tower today and yup not going to happen! I think I'll leave that one as a special challenge to @Zita1966z lol

@mommataures2 LOL LOL LOL I have tried the Eiffel tower so many times...only get to the 2ndfloor and then it all comes down !! LOL
  • Options
    WOW these planes are flying in and looks AMAZING! <3
  • Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Am going to take a break from this challenge! I am a little burnt out on building right now but will definately be back for the next challenge! I just need a week to refresh myself :) Will be back for the next challenge
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited July 2015
    Xinqun wrote: »
    Under Renovation: Challenge 6
    Origin ID: Xinqun
    Forum ID: Xinqun
    Link to gallery: Destination Paradise
    Street name of build: Destination Paradise
    Cheats used: Resizing, MOO
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 158,698
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, please
    UR6a.jpg
    View from across the valley

UR6b.jpg
    Bird's eye view

UR6c.jpg
    Floor plan

UR6d.jpg
    View from study across entrance terrace to living areas

UR6e.jpg
    View from bedroom terrace into bedroom

OOOH I like this one! I love the terrace...and I can't be sure but is that a coffee pot or two in the gym?! I would SO need that in RL to get off this chair to workout haha.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Sorceress wrote: »
    Am going to take a break from this challenge! I am a little burnt out on building right now but will definately be back for the next challenge! I just need a week to refresh myself :) Will be back for the next challenge

Hello @Sorceress :) I will look forward to seeing your build for the next challenge!
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Thanks, @rosemow , @mommataurus2 .

That is indeed a coffeepot that you see. There's a floor-to-ceiling mirror beside it, and you're also catching a bit of the reflection there. I don't know if there are timed coffee machines in the game, but let's just say that this one is. I figured that Divan would appreciate being woken up in the morning by the smell of brewing coffee instead of the shrill ringing of an alarm clock. And he'd have coffee to start his day with!
  • Options
    @Xinqun that's actually pretty genius! Maybe I'll move my rl coffeepot into my bedroom!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    @mommataurus2 I actually had a coffeepot in the master bedroom of the Hollywood build, too, though I didn't manage to capture it in the pictures. And thanks! In real life, I don't really care that much for coffee and only have it on Sundays; but I imagine other people who love coffee more would enjoy being able to (practically) pick up their morning coffee without getting out of bed (or first thing as soon as their feet hit the floor) which is why I did this design.
  • Options
    @Xinqun I think a more accurate description of my coffee drinking would be putting the IV drip near the coffeepot. Can't wait to see more of your builds!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    @mommataurus2 I do not move until I have a cup of coffee!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    I'll be away from the game (though probably not from the forum) for a bit over a week starting tomorrow. Unless I hammer out a starter or a tiny house tonight, you won't be seeing any builds from me for a while.

Which means that I won't be able to take part in the next challenge.
  • Options
    Aww that stinks! :(
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2015
    I felt sick in the last days so I could't finish Charlize's home in time. So sorry :(
    Anyway, this was one of the rooms..
    rcvs68.png
    Hope to come back playing soon!
  • Options
    @Emma-LeeXOXO Coffee's on...you ready to roll?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options

Lolz. its 10 where I am so I'm already working on my first cup!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options

Ya it's 10 here too. Late start for me today. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options

Ya it's 10 here too. Late start for me today. :)

Cool. I've only been up for two house so your not that late
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    I felt sick in the last days so I could't finish Charlize's home in time. So sorry :(
    Anyway, this was one of the rooms..
    rcvs68.png
    Hope to come back playing soon!

@superbibi1, I hope you are feeling much better. :) You can post your gallery link here if you want to. I would love to see your build. :)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I spent yesterday evening in A&E, as I've broken my finger its very painful and in a splint, for 6 weeks! :'( its also my writing/mouse hand!
    sadly I am not going to get my entry in before go on holiday, (Saturday) although I've done loads on it,
    when I am back will it be ok if I complete it and upload it with the under renovation tag ?

I am away for 2 weeks, but will miss you all here on the thread/forums have fun building I will sneak in if I have wifi but otherwise,

Good Luck Everyone x <3 x <3 x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    @Liziann1 Oh no, sorry to hear about the finger Hope you feel better soon sweetheart <3 And of course you can upload your hard work. Big hug <3
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Under Renovation: Challenge 6
    Origin ID: Cbear1313
    Forum ID: Cbear13
    Link to gallery: Gallery Link to Boeing Sanctuary
    Street name of build: Boeing Sanctuary
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 163,214
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

Space for Advertising pictures:
    07-16-15_9-34nbspAM.png~original
    07-16-15_10-00nbspAM.png~original
    07-16-15_10-15nbspAM.png~original
    07-16-15_10-03nbspAM.png~original
    07-16-15_10-02nbspAM.png~original

Good luck everyone
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling sick these last days @superbibi11. I hope that you feel better very soon.
    The kitchen that you did for the home is very nice! The white and black colour scheme of the room is very. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets over the top of and between the windows! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows whilst cooking meals. The black and white chequered flooring looks nice. The island bar stool counter is great! The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter.
  • Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I spent yesterday evening in A&E, as I've broken my finger its very painful and in a splint, for 6 weeks! :'( its also my writing/mouse hand!
    sadly I am not going to get my entry in before go on holiday, (Saturday) although I've done loads on it,
    when I am back will it be ok if I complete it and upload it with the under renovation tag ?

I am away for 2 weeks, but will miss you all here on the thread/forums have fun building I will sneak in if I have wifi but otherwise,

Good Luck Everyone x <3 x <3 x

Hello @Liziann1. I am sorry to hear about your broken finger! It would be very painful! I send a get well hug to you <3 I hope that it heals smoothly for you.
    It is good that you are going on a holiday. Enjoy your time away :)
  • Options
    Boeing Sanctuary is a very nice home for Divan! @Cbear13 :) The outdoors areas are very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the trees and plants in the outdoors areas! The water fountains feature with the green and white lights and cubical water fountain in the middle looks so very pretty! The pool is very nice! The rocks and plants look very nice how you have placed them around the edges of the water. The plane and the vehicle on the tarmac under the big plane looks great! The lights look nice how you have placed them on the sides of the tarmac. The items on the wings look great! The tiling pattern on the exterior of the plane looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the spa pack panel lights on the wall either sides of the front of the plane. It looks great how you have done the pathways! The plants and lights look nice on the edges of the pathways. Very nice open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and living room! It looks nice how you have used the brick half wall to separate off the dining and living areas. The curved bar stool counter is nice! Sims will enjoy sitting there eating their meals. The condiments, fruit bowl and spice rack are nice kitchen touches there. The living room is very nice! The blue tiling of the TV and the half walls gives a very nice look in the room. Nice computer study desk corner nook! The scenic picture on the wall there is nice for sims to see when sitting there using the computer. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas watching TV. It looks nice how you have placed the chess table behind the half wall. Sims will have fun playing chess. The patterned floor rug adds a very nice look in the room. The outdoors kitchen and dining area is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the columns there! The tiled half walls on the edges of the area are very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ or getting drinks from the bar, and eating and drinking at the dining table, enjoying the outdoors air. It looks nice how you have created and placed a lounger there. Very nice bedroom! The black and blue colour scheme of the room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets to create the bedhead alcove! The picture there is nice for sims to see when laying in bed.
    The home is very nice :)