Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoyed. I shouldn't have to MOD my game for this! -RANT-

So- this is pretty much going to be a rant about how frustrated I am. First of all I want to say I am a loyal Sims fan. I started playing with The Sims 1. I loved it. I could play for days on end without getting bored. Same happened with the Sims 2 and The Sims 3! ...but not so much with the Sims 4. I had high hopes for the game when I heard about its release. However, upon purchasing the game on the day after its release (at half price-it wasn't and isn't worth the retail price) I think I played for a total of 45 minutes before asking myself. "Is that it?" -.- It's a complete shame what this franchise has become!

Now with that being said- I recently have been trying to find a new way to play. Myself being a family player with legacies and children and stories- My play style is no longer supported. So I started The Disney Legacy Challenge. It's going well. So far I am on the 2nd generation-and with all the creativeness of the Gallery- with every new gen I not only have the clothing the heir wears-but also the home they live in. So they always change houses, which is helping to keep things from getting stale. BUT- with this challenge, its required to have lots of babies to continue the generations. I just spent 2 hours searching for something to improve the babies in game. I was playing the other night and my husband saw a baby and asked "WTP did you do to it?" ROFL. He shook his head when I told him "That's how EA released them." The Modding community is so talented and creative. They can do what EA can't OR refuses to do. (Doubt toddlers will show up on Sims4blog anytime soon tho) BUT they have now made Mods which allow the baby to have hair. Also there are recolors for the onesie and a complete sleeper fit. A Modder has also come up with a way to free them from their bassinet. These are amazing contributions to an unfinished game that I wish I had saved my money on- AND NOW FOR THE RANT.

I should not have to Mod my game for something so simple as "infant hair" I also Modded my Sims 3 game for infant hair as well. It's crazy how much more you enjoy something when its cute <3 BUT It's pathetic the way babies are viewed in the game and by EA themselves. IDK what kinds of babies they mold their ideas from, but 90% of babies are born with hair in the real world! Also- why couldn't we get a little sleeper instead of a onesie? New babies spend a ton of time wrapped up in a blanket while dressed in a onesie OR in a full feety sleeper. Why don't the creators who made the baby know this? Why was The Sims 3 baby wrapped in a blanket-but wearing nothing (hopefully there was a diaper) under it? Was it so hard to add in a swatch of fabric to make it appear as if the baby had clothing on under it? (I'm happy to report the Modding community figured out how)- Why don't the bassinets in The Sims 4 have a small blanket? Why are these basic needs of a baby so over-looked in a "more realistic and engaging" Life Simulator? Why don't we have ANY baby clutter at all? Not even some decorative diapers to stick on the dresser (since changing tables are obsolete now) TBH-IMO its because EA cares nothing for their family players. They are focused on the generation that is coming up behind us. The ones who have a firm grasp on what a "good completed game" looks like-(ahem-not this one) and the ones who haven't played Sims yet. They are betting on getting those kids hooked with just parties and one boring bar in the whole town. (Fat Chance) Since these forums can be read without a membership- I really hope another company is hearing our complaints. I read an article earlier about how EA doesn't care about all the complaints- because those who complain are their biggest and most loyal customers. Thats a plum poor way of viewing your customer base- even if it is true. They take us all for granted. And personally I am getting mighty tired of it. If another company takes a go at this franchise- I will buy their product, even if it looks terrible- just to let them know. Hey, I support you..hopefully they won't let their head get so big that they release a half finished disappointment because they know "we will buy it no matter what"- and with no intentions of owning up and trying to make it right! -END RANT.

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I agree with everything you've said. Ea is lazy and treats us like we don't exist.
    Maybe we don't exist and are floating in tanks that create an entire world in our mind.Or maybe I watch too much sci-fi.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    ROFL. Oh yes. I traded my adorable toddlers and cute babies that don't look like aliens chained to a bassinet for emotions. I forgot! -.- We got angry poops, champion pees, incest- and "teen woohoo" instead. IMO- The selfies are so pointless. I can't even see them.. why take a picture I can't see? Its just another fail.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    But, but.....we got selfies, and angry poop, and beans that make you fart. That totally makes up for everything they didn't bother with, right?

Right?!

:(
    Don't forget peeing like a champion and fistpumps before woohoo. :* Totally what we asked for. This game is soooo weird and lively, like Sims 2! Amirite?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    IKR. I HATE that they fistpup before woohoo. That is so immature and childish. I cringe every single time! Did they think the youngings wouldn't know what they were doing if they made it seem like they were playing a game? - Hide and seek anyone? o.0 HA!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    But, but.....we got selfies, and angry poop, and beans that make you fart. That totally makes up for everything they didn't bother with, right?

Right?!

:(
    Seriously I love the species.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    you can rant. its a free world. Others can join you too, but keep in mind that not everyone was satisfied with TS2 or TS3 as you were and not everyone is dissatisfied with TS4 as you are now.

The good thing about The Sims games that they are never ending. So you can always go back and play with what you used to love and wait until something comes up that interests you.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited May 2015
    All this over infant hair?

Plus... my sims never fistbump before woohoo. Lol. Mine just do some excited little animation thing which is adorable.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    So- this is pretty much going to be a rant about how frustrated I am. First of all I want to say I am a loyal Sims fan. I started playing with The Sims 1. I loved it. I could play for days on end without getting bored. Same happened with the Sims 2 and The Sims 3! ...but not so much with the Sims 4. I had high hopes for the game when I heard about its release. However, upon purchasing the game on the day after its release (at half price-it wasn't and isn't worth the retail price) I think I played for a total of 45 minutes before asking myself. "Is that it?" -.- It's a complete shame what this franchise has become!

Now with that being said- I recently have been trying to find a new way to play. Myself being a family player with legacies and children and stories- My play style is no longer supported. So I started The Disney Legacy Challenge. It's going well. So far I am on the 2nd generation-and with all the creativeness of the Gallery- with every new gen I not only have the clothing the heir wears-but also the home they live in. So they always change houses, which is helping to keep things from getting stale. BUT- with this challenge, its required to have lots of babies to continue the generations. I just spent 2 hours searching for something to improve the babies in game. I was playing the other night and my husband saw a baby and asked "WTP did you do to it?" ROFL. He shook his head when I told him "That's how EA released them." The Modding community is so talented and creative. They can do what EA can't OR refuses to do. (Doubt toddlers will show up on Sims4blog anytime soon tho) BUT they have now made Mods which allow the baby to have hair. Also there are recolors for the onesie and a complete sleeper fit. A Modder has also come up with a way to free them from their bassinet. These are amazing contributions to an unfinished game that I wish I had saved my money on- AND NOW FOR THE RANT.

I should not have to Mod my game for something so simple as "infant hair" I also Modded my Sims 3 game for infant hair as well. It's crazy how much more you enjoy something when its cute <3 BUT It's pathetic the way babies are viewed in the game and by EA themselves. IDK what kinds of babies they mold their ideas from, but 90% of babies are born with hair in the real world! Also- why couldn't we get a little sleeper instead of a onesie? New babies spend a ton of time wrapped up in a blanket while dressed in a onesie OR in a full feety sleeper. Why don't the creators who made the baby know this? Why was The Sims 3 baby wrapped in a blanket-but wearing nothing (hopefully there was a diaper) under it? Was it so hard to add in a swatch of fabric to make it appear as if the baby had clothing on under it? (I'm happy to report the Modding community figured out how)- Why don't the bassinets in The Sims 4 have a small blanket? Why are these basic needs of a baby so over-looked in a "more realistic and engaging" Life Simulator? Why don't we have ANY baby clutter at all? Not even some decorative diapers to stick on the dresser (since changing tables are obsolete now) TBH-IMO its because EA cares nothing for their family players. They are focused on the generation that is coming up behind us. The ones who have a firm grasp on what a "good completed game" looks like-(ahem-not this one) and the ones who haven't played Sims yet. They are betting on getting those kids hooked with just parties and one boring bar in the whole town. (Fat Chance) Since these forums can be read without a membership- I really hope another company is hearing our complaints. I read an article earlier about how EA doesn't care about all the complaints- because those who complain are their biggest and most loyal customers. Thats a plum poor way of viewing your customer base- even if it is true. They take us all for granted. And personally I am getting mighty tired of it. If another company takes a go at this franchise- I will buy their product, even if it looks terrible- just to let them know. Hey, I support you..hopefully they won't let their head get so big that they release a half finished disappointment because they know "we will buy it no matter what"- and with no intentions of owning up and trying to make it right! -END RANT.

The next generation are not at all happy with no babies - my sons little 10 year old step daughter got the Sims 4 for Christmas and she is ready to riot because her mom has babies she carries, rocks can teach to walk and talk, take for a walk in a stroller and she want to know why this sims game is not like that. She told her mom to take the Sims 4 back to the store and get her Sims 3. Come to find out her whole group of 10 and 11 year old friends agree with her. They actually hate the game and this is their first Sims game of their own. Yep Jassie mom Karen called me to see when EA was going to fix the babies. I told her good question but we are doubting they ever will. So she is getting Jassie her own Sims 3. So much for attracting the younger set - the ones that just stopped playing with baby dolls and such - they want them in their game. Oh and they do not like Free Play at all because it keeps needing money. Yep EA is really going over big with the younger set. NOT!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Welcome to TS4 community!
    Rant on my dear, let it all out!
    Then continue to join in other conversations & provide feedback to the devs & EA.
    The more voices heard, the better.

Happy Simming <3
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Ok I stopped reading when I got the main points:
    -no baby hair
    -no baby blanket
    -bassinet tied babies
    Babies are often thought of to have no hair plus isn't it cuter without any, I can only imagine how horrid it'd look if ea attempted to do that. That's why its left in a mod.
    You want a baby blanket? Not all babies wear blankets most of the time. Some even wear adorable dresses (admit how cute baby dresses look in bright colors) but most do just crawl around in baby suits all day which is still cute.
    However, babies don't spend all the time in a crib but I think it's fine to leave them there in sims 4. I mean like they spend time on a play mat poking at all them things hanging from it. They spend time sat on the floor stacking building blocks then crying when they fall down. They watch tv as yes ik it's unexpected but they have special channels y'know. They also suck pacifiers. But why they're not which I totally get is because they are often dumped in the garden and left to die in the snow of being frozen. You tell me that's neglect. Isn't it cruel to just dump a crying baby when it wants to sleep on the floor? I prefer bassinet babies.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    edited May 2015
    Considering there were a lot of complaints in TS3 because mods were needed just to keep the game playing, prevent cars and NPCs from over spawning, I'd say infant hair is a very minor thing. No game is going to give players every items they want. TS2 and 3 did not have hair for infants, either.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

The next generation are not at all happy with no babies - my sons little 10 year old step daughter got the Sims 4 for Christmas and she is ready to riot because her mom has babies she carries, rocks can teach to walk and talk, take for a walk in a stroller and she want to know why this sims game is not like that. She told her mom to take the Sims 4 back to the store and get her Sims 3. Come to find out her whole group of 10 and 11 year old friends agree with her. They actually hate the game and this is their first Sims game of their own. Yep Jassie mom Karen called me to see when EA was going to fix the babies. I told her good question but we are doubting they ever will. So she is getting Jassie her own Sims 3. So much for attracting the younger set - the ones that just stopped playing with baby dolls and such - they want them in their game. Oh and they do not like Free Play at all because it keeps needing money. Yep EA is really going over big with the younger set. NOT!!!

Had to comment about the younger set... my 13yo daughter enjoyed Sims2, but she didn't play it as obsessively as I did. She's STILL wild about Sims3. Color wheel rocks, she loooooooooves making Sims3 sims.

Sims4? She's seen me play it. She's heard me curse at it, as I try to (with mods) beat it into some kind of playable submission. She won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Zero interest. 3's on her computer, 4's on mine. (I liked 3 pretty well but I'm in for what's current... maybe I'll go back someday, but honestly I'd probably roll vintage 2 not 3. Love me some Pleasantview!)

Yeah, if they were going for that (pre-teen/teen?) age group with 4... they seriously missed the mark! One of several.

I guess some things never change.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    OP, I think you might be on to something when you said that you hope other companies are paying attention. If I ever here of another life stimulator type game come put Id gladly give it a try. I mean EA's The Sims cannot be the only one out there? I wish there was someone out there working on a game aimed toward the gamers who love ts but are so unsatisfied with ts4.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    OP, I think you might be on to something when you said that you hope other companies are paying attention. If I ever here of another life stimulator type game come put Id gladly give it a try. I mean EA's The Sims cannot be the only one out there? I wish there was someone out there working on a game aimed toward the gamers who love ts but are so unsatisfied with ts4.

I'm enjoying Sims4 somewhat, BUT I'd still like to be added to the mailing list from whatever brave company decides to take on this project! I'd have to at least LOOK at a <ahem> knock-off game. The brand name isn't always the best choice, y'know? Count me in!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

I like to try an other simulitation game too... rater that than sims4... tried the free24 hour... and was BOARD... and frustrated... I can't lay my style with no real family play (no todlers)

I do have an idea for a game... actually... a little difrent but it got elements I would find fun... jsut need a company that can work on it - I would love to see a game like it.....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
    If someone will make an another life simulator, I hope it'll be Colossal Order since it's the only game company that I know who actually listens to their fans.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    ROFL. Oh yes. I traded my adorable toddlers and cute babies that don't look like aliens chained to a bassinet for emotions. I forgot! -.- We got angry poops, champion pees, incest- and "teen woohoo" instead. IMO- The selfies are so pointless. I can't even see them.. why take a picture I can't see? Its just another fail.

Incest AND teen woohoo? Those wacky developers!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

The baby on the bed in that link (the adult bed) is that with moveobjects and can you still do everything with the uncaged baby?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »

The baby on the bed in that link (the adult bed) is that with moveobjects and can you still do everything with the uncaged baby?
    Yeah that's the no crib mod and yes it works like MOO except you don't need the cheat. Yes you can take care of it like a bassinet baby. You just need to make sure there is space to take care of the baby. But if you want to take really cool pictures, you can place the baby anywhere. Like I've placed them on couches and beds. I would feel wrong placing them in ovens or bbqs though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »

Yeah that's the no crib mod and yes it works like MOO except you don't need the cheat. Yes you can take care of it like a bassinet baby. You just need to make sure there is space to take care of the baby. But if you want to take really cool pictures, you can place the baby anywhere. Like I've placed them on couches and beds. I would feel wrong placing them in ovens or bbqs though.

Ohhhhh thank you!! I'll have to give it a whirl when I am done decorating the mansion I built. Maybe I'll play with babies again (haven't in a long time..lol).
  • Options
    SnuggieQueenSnuggieQueen Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2015
    I refuse to mod my game to make it work. Mods are supposed to add to gameplay, not fix what's broken. I'd rather just stop playing the sims, which is a super easy decision for me. I'll toy around with the base game every once in a while, but I'm not interested in 4 any more. It'd have to take something huge to gain my interest and frankly, I don't think EA has it in them.
    I can't begin to imagine how bad it must feel for the devs who worked hard on pushing this game out, despite its sad state. I would be absolutely crushed if everyone took turns ripping into something I put countless hours into. The sims community can be so passive aggressive with each other, and I'm guilty of it too, but it's kind of hard to watch people gang up on employees who can't and do not have the power to make big decisions over a game, let alone talk about it. We're frustrated. They're frustrated. This isn't fun anymore. EA is like a vampire that drains the joy out of gaming.

So, I heard about Colossal Order and Paradox for the first time around the forums and from what little I know so far, their city simulation game and the devs themselves seem pretty amazing and involved. I don't know about y'all, but it's nice to have something to look forward to.

(How long do you think it'll be until Paradox is censored to the word plum? ;) )
    Post edited by SnuggieQueen on
  • Options
    Bluerose93Bluerose93 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is just sad.. Sims always has so much potential, but they never fully reach it...
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @Bluerose93, I appreciate your feedback on this topic but this thread was last active over 3 years ago in 2018 so it is a really old thread.
    Necroposting is against our forum rules and just something to be mindful of ^^ I'll pop the forum rule on necroing below but if you have questions surrounding necroposting please review this thread HERE and feel free to post in there.
    Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top