Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope all are doing well!

Hey @mamasquirrel! <3 What's up?
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited November 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    AkramA wrote: »
    Hello everyone! :smiley: How's it going?

Finished screenshotting Chapter 23 of Nightshade today... for once I'm on schedule! The chapter should be uploaded tomorrow!

Kind of burned out from work. Can't believe I'm still maintaining daily post though but I guess the writing part is the one making me a lot better with the burn out. How are you doing?

@AkramA I'm doing fantastic! Thanks for asking. I'm in a good mood tonight :)

I think I've just been having a little burn out/writers block which is why I've been lagging the past few weeks with Nightshade. 22 chapters in 2 months is pretty astounding in my opinion -- no wonder I'm getting a little run down. But no way I'm letting it stop me. :smiley: I just have to try my best to stick to schedule! I considered taking a hiatus for a couple of weeks once to let my creativity recover but I won't unless I have to or else I'll make a habit of it.

I'm splitting time between my Nanowri novel and my rewritten Simlit..

@MadameLee Nightshade is growing in popularity, which I didn't expect, and so I feel so much pressure on my shoulders to achieve perfection... I haven't gotten to actually play my main save file in several weeks. All my simming is Nightshade screenshots or creating sims as a stress reliever. :lol:

So no time splitting for me... usually it would be 50% playing and enjoying my game and 50% Nightshade... too bad now. :joy:

my story never gotten popularity unlike others' stories. But then who wants to deal with racism, mental health, etc in a SimLit story? But then again Citizens' story does have some mental health issues.

Nightshade will tackle both of those subjects as well. Technically it already tackles "racism" unless you consider vampires more of a "species" then I guess it would be "speciesism."

I want Nightshade to be real and RELATABLE. In the near and even far future it will tackle things like prejudice (racism, sexism, etc) physical and mental health and disabilities, abuse, domestic violence, harassment, death, etc. I take all of those subjects seriously and feel that they are important. A future character of mine has anxiety and is a victim of spousal abuse/domestic violence, to name an example.

@squirrelwithacup just to give you a heads up-in Gen 3 there's going to be some "aggressiveness" (aka DV) in that generation. But I need to get there first.. I'm only on the first full song chapter in Gen 2
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Finished screenshotting Chapter 23 of Nightshade today... for once I'm on schedule! The chapter should be uploaded tomorrow!

Kind of burned out from work. Can't believe I'm still maintaining daily post though but I guess the writing part is the one making me a lot better with the burn out. How are you doing?

I think I've just been having a little burn out/writers block which is why I've been lagging the past few weeks with Nightshade. 22 chapters in 2 months is pretty astounding in my opinion -- no wonder I'm getting a little run down. But no way I'm letting it stop me. :smiley: I just have to try my best to stick to schedule! I considered taking a hiatus for a couple of weeks once to let my creativity recover but I won't unless I have to or else I'll make a habit of it.

@MadameLee Nightshade is growing in popularity, which I didn't expect, and so I feel so much pressure on my shoulders to achieve perfection... I haven't gotten to actually play my main save file in several weeks. All my simming is Nightshade screenshots or creating sims as a stress reliever. :lol:

So no time splitting for me... usually it would be 50% playing and enjoying my game and 50% Nightshade... too bad now. :joy:

my story never gotten popularity unlike others' stories. But then who wants to deal with racism, mental health, etc in a SimLit story? But then again Citizens' story does have some mental health issues.

Nightshade will tackle both of those subjects as well. Technically it already tackles "racism" unless you consider vampires more of a "species" then I guess it would be "speciesism."

I want Nightshade to be real and RELATABLE. In the near and even far future it will tackle things like prejudice (racism, sexism, etc) physical and mental health and disabilities, abuse, domestic violence, harassment, death, etc. I take all of those subjects seriously and feel that they are important. A future character of mine has anxiety and is a victim of spousal abuse/domestic violence, to name an example.

@squirrelwithacup just to give you a heads up-in Gen 3 there's going to be some "aggressiveness" (aka DV) in that generation. But I need to get there first.. I'm only on the first full song chapter in Gen 2

@MadameLee no need to heads up... mine will probably be fairly aggressive as well... most domestic violence is unfortunately.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

@MadameLee no need to heads up... mine will probably be fairly aggressive as well... most domestic violence is unfortunately.

wish I knew how to build a hospital lot or an airport lot (I need the hospital the most-in Act 3? of Gen 2, and in Act 2 of Gen 5 and in Gen 7=twice) I need the airport for Gen 6 and a scene in Gen 7.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2018
    wish I knew how to build a hospital lot or an airport lot (I need the hospital the most-in Act 3? of Gen 2, and in Act 2 of Gen 5 and in Gen 7=twice) I need the airport for Gen 6 and a scene in Gen 7.

There's definitely at least one hospital that came with TS4 Get to Work if you have it. If you can't use that directly, you can always check out the lot for inspiration for one you build yourself :smile:

As for the airport, I'd personally just build the "sets" I'd need for the specific scene(s) since building the whole thing would probably take forever. If you want an outside shot, I'd leave most of the building empty and just make the interiors I'd need.
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    edited November 2018

There's definitely at least one hospital that came with TS4 Get to Work if you have it. If you can't use that directly, you can always check out the lot for inspiration for one you build yourself :smile:

As for the airport, I'd personally just build the "sets" I'd need for the specific scene(s) since building the whole thing would probably take forever. If you want an outside shot, I'd leave most of the building empty and just make the interiors I'd need.

@Morningstar the GTW hospital doesn't work because unless a)your sim is a doctor or b)your sim is pregnant your other sims can't techinally access the hosptial. I know what's needed it's just my interior design kinds of like ... take a look at @mamasquirrel 's thread I posted some of my lots over there.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Hi everyone! Guess what? I posted a new chapter from Friends of Foes. :smiley:
    I'm back to weekly updates again. XD

Chapter forty six: Continuation
    chapter-forty-six-continuation_orig.png

Good to see you @simscognito long time no chat!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »

Hehe, nice to see you too @Rockannie. XD Yeah, been unwell. Having my meds changed on Monday too. Urghh! XD

Hope everything well with you. :)
  • Options
    JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    LOL OMG WOW. You guys know how when you accidentally find your old myspace or xanga profile or something that you thought was lost forever?

How about somehow I found my very first simlit/blog which I completely forgot about. WOW you can really tell how dated the internet was and that was just back in 2013!! A good 5 years sure does make a difference! http://jmaraasims.weebly.com/

THEN I dove deeper into the internet and found my original sims3 community profile! AND THEN I realize it is still incredibly ACTIVE!! WOW Please someone bring back in-game achievement badges and put it on TS4 forum!! https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Jmaraa

Can you find your very first blog/profile?? Plz share cuz this memory trip was AMAZING!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope all are doing well!

Hey @mamasquirrel! <3 What's up?

@squirrelwithacup Just building. It's not done yet, but going to post a peek of it on my build thread.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hi everybody! I have a new entry to my legacy blog: ageekylegacy.wordpress.com
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    LOL OMG WOW. You guys know how when you accidentally find your old myspace or xanga profile or something that you thought was lost forever?

How about somehow I found my very first simlit/blog which I completely forgot about. WOW you can really tell how dated the internet was and that was just back in 2013!! A good 5 years sure does make a difference! http://jmaraasims.weebly.com/

THEN I dove deeper into the internet and found my original sims3 community profile! AND THEN I realize it is still incredibly ACTIVE!! WOW Please someone bring back in-game achievement badges and put it on TS4 forum!! https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Jmaraa

Can you find your very first blog/profile?? Plz share cuz this memory trip was AMAZING!

A LOT of people still play TS3 regularly -- lots of reasons for that, but I know for me a big part of it is now my computer can handle it no problem with as many expansions and as much store content as I want AND on all the highest graphics settings. It's funny, in my story right now I can tell with a quick glance which screenshots I took during my challenge play-through and which were re-shoots/additional screens I went back for. I was originally playing with pretty good settings, but my boyfriend was like "... you know that computer can definitely run that 10-year-old game on the highest settings..." I hadn't even thought about it, I was so used to machines chugging along while I forced them to run games they could barely handle :joy:

Anyway, I sent you a friend request on TS3 :joy:

Edited to add: Sick graphics on your old website :wink: Allll the throw-back vibes haha
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hi everybody! I have a new entry to my legacy blog: ageekylegacy.wordpress.com

Love the chapter title! Also how you handle glitches and weird Sims movements is very entertaining.
    Touching Cupid's butt really got me :joy:
    & “Walk faster, kid. I’m going to pee my pants!” lol
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @Morningstar Thank you! Really appreciate your feedback.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Okay... So i don't know why, but i have an urge to rewrite Lost Pride. Like, take all my older characters and revert them back to childhood, and start from there. I don't know if i should? But it seems like an interesting idea.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member

Hehe, nice to see you too @Rockannie. XD Yeah, been unwell. Having my meds changed on Monday too. Urghh! XD

I've been alright. This week has been a bit awful but hopefully the problems all get resolved.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited November 2018
    Okay... So i don't know why, but i have an urge to rewrite Lost Pride. Like, take all my older characters and revert them back to childhood, and start from there. I don't know if i should? But it seems like an interesting idea.
    I aged up one character from one of my other stories and now he's the main character of LL. Well, one of four main characters. Soon to be five (he's expecting a baby).
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    talking about Nanowrio: I never thought about what Ming's wearing on her feet until now...I mean she's probably has 3 well 4 different outfits- one she starts off her adventure in, the swimsuit and some new clothes some where in "Fisher Price Amusement Land" and a sort of gown she gets when she's in the "Sleeping Curse" and then whatever outfits she's wearing at the climax of the story
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    @Morningstar HAHA oh you know that paint edging tool man! Classic! I guess when I went to college I had to buy a new laptop and specifically looked for one that could run TS4 lmao and i've never looked back! Maybe I will go back n play on the best settings like you lolol
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Options
    @Morningstar Thank you! Really appreciate your feedback.

No problem! Anytime :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    How long is too long for a chapter? Most of mine have been in the 3000-3500 range so far... but the one I have ready for Monday is ~5300... I could split it but I'd kinda prefer to keep my 1 chapter/locale rotation going.

Thoughts/advice?
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I'm planned to gen 5 of BL (aka the last gen because I don't want this to take 10 years to finish) but still in the middle of gen 3. My own fault for expanding on the current BL section. Only meant to be 3 chapters long but I felt it was too short. Now it's about 4 or 5 chapters left until we move onto the rest of the gen.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

I've been alright. This week has been a bit awful but hopefully the problems all get resolved.

Oh dear. *Hugs* Hope things turn out well for you.
  • Options
    Hey guys, how is everything going? About to write the next Nightshade chapter in a little while. Still aiming for a release tonight!
    37oYgl3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top